Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,368 members, 7,868,080 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 10:23 AM

Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" - Literature (577) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" (498094 Views)

*~Efemena-xy Voted Literature/Writing Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations / Literature/Writing Guidelines, Rules & Regulations / Literature/Writing Complaints Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (574) (575) (576) (577) (578) (579) (580) ... (725) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by Nobody: 8:48am On Sep 25, 2013
ReineViolet: Hello Everyone

How was your weekend?

RapMaestro, sorry about Man U losing (even though I am really happy they did lose grin grin)

Ibikaye et Firestar, Savez-vous Duolingo, eh? J'utilise a ameliorer mon francais embarassed

Jekyll and Hyde, where are you? embarassed

And Cathalyia too? cry cry

Forgive me for I am in a good mood today smiley smiley

What's good, Reine? smiley
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by Rapmaestro(m): 10:19am On Sep 25, 2013
senbonzakura_kageyoshi: angry

OMg. Merdisti angry
wetin? Kageyoshi warris it?
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by senbonzakurakageyoshi(m): 10:46am On Sep 25, 2013
Rap maestro: wetin? Kageyoshi warris it?
Interista angry angry
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by Kslib(m): 2:17pm On Sep 25, 2013
Royver: A DAY AT THE OFFICE.
So there you are sitting in your chair in a hot cubicle, a pen in your hand and the patient's file on the table. And you haven't had a good night's sleep in days. You just had an embarrassing moment when the last patient caught u nodding off while he was narrating his symptoms and you are determined that it shouldn't happen again. So just before the next patient comes in you stand up, jump around a bit, stretch out and give yourself a few firm slaps on the face. And then you turn around and find the next patient standing quietly at the door, watching you.

Two hours later. The last incident drove sleep away far more effectively than any cup of coffee would have. You are confidently seeing another patient and secretly thankful that the lady who caught you slapping yourself didn't film it on her android. Or did she? You anxiously hope not. The patient in front of you is fiddling with her phone and talking to you at the same time. Seems like a simple case of malaria to you but you don't want to interrupt and so you politely watch and nod interestedly as she drones out the symptoms...and then you wake up with a snort, your mouth wide open and your neck bent backwards in your chair and painful enough to let you realize you have been asleep for a while. You try to regain your composure as you notice your patient is still there. However she appears unconcerned and is in fact pinging away quietly. You are so embarrassed you don't know what to do. Fiinally you summon up the courage and ask the girl in a playful manner why she didn't wake you.
"Oh, the woman you saw earlier came out and told us how you were dosing on duty and when i came and saw you sleeping i decided to give you as much rest as i could even if it means using my own time. You have been sleeping..." and she checks her phone "...for about 5mins now. Hope you feel better?" she says and smiles in a friendly manner.
No way.
lmao!!.
Nice one bro.. I can feel his embarrassment.
All izz well!
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by senbonzakurakageyoshi(m): 5:01pm On Sep 25, 2013
So there you are sitting in your chair in a hot cubicle, a pen in your hand and the patient's file on the table. And you haven't had a good night's sleep in days. You just had an embarrassing moment when the last patient caught u nodding off while he was narrating his symptoms and you are determined that it shouldn't happen again. So just before the next patient comes in you stand up, jump around a bit, stretch out and give yourself a few firm slaps on the face. And then you turn around and find the next patient standing quietly at the door, watching you.

Two hours later. The last incident drove sleep away far more effectively than any cup of coffee would have. You are confidently seeing another patient and secretly thankful that the lady who caught you slapping yourself didn't film it on her android. Or did she? You anxiously hope not. The patient in front of you is fiddling with her phone and talking to you at the same time. Seems like a simple case of malaria to you but you don't want to interrupt and so you politely watch and nod interestedly as she drones out the symptoms...and then you wake up with a snort, your mouth wide open and your neck bent backwards in your chair and painful enough to let you realize you have been asleep for a while. You try to regain your composure as you notice your patient is still there. However she appears unconcerned and is in fact pinging away quietly. You are so embarrassed you don't know what to do. Fiinally you summon up the courage and ask the girl in a playful manner why she didn't wake you.
"Oh, the woman you saw earlier came out and told us how you were dosing on duty and when i came and saw you sleeping i decided to give you as much rest as i could even if it means using my own time. You have been sleeping..." and she checks her phone "...for about 5mins now. Hope you feel better?" she says and smiles in a friendly manner.
No way.

Now this was a pretty awesome read. En continue!!!
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by Kaycee7(m): 5:29pm On Sep 25, 2013

No way.
Esto es hilarante. Consiga que
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by Royver(m): 8:51pm On Sep 25, 2013
Thanks fellas. Feel free to look up my short story titled "ALTERNATE NIGERIA: SWEARING IN DAY" and lemme know what you think. Thanks again.
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by vcvibes(m): 9:41pm On Sep 25, 2013
Kaycee7: Esto es hilarante. Consiga que
so becos them no gree u enter spain u no wan make we hear word again eh?? Mind urself, speak 9ja
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by Kaycee7(m): 3:21pm On Sep 26, 2013
vcvibes: so becos them no gree u enter spain u no wan make we hear word again eh?? Mind urself, speak 9ja
Vibes, took you so long, Nigga. I made some friends.
Mynd - Chicken hater
Firestar-Franco- Japanese Nerd
ReineViolet - All over the place.

1 Like

Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by Nobody: 3:26pm On Sep 26, 2013
Kaycee7: Vibes, took you so long, Nigga. I made some friends.
Mynd - Chicken hater

What on earth does that mean @ the bold?
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by Kaycee7(m): 4:14pm On Sep 26, 2013
ReineViolet:

What on earth does that mean @ the bold?
Social person.

1 Like

Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by firestar(f): 4:33pm On Sep 26, 2013
yo, bonjour a toutes.

Who wrote that hm? J'aime!
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by Nobody: 4:59pm On Sep 26, 2013
ibkaye:
Nice

I've never heard of it, is it good? smiley

Yeah. Its amazing and its for free. You can learn French Spanish Portugese German(??)... smiley

And you learn to read, write and speak it

Sorry for replying late though embarassed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by Nobody: 5:04pm On Sep 26, 2013
Kaycee7: Social person.

smiley smiley smiley smiley
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by Mynd44: 6:36pm On Sep 26, 2013
Kaycee7: Vibes, took you so long, Nigga. I made some friends.
Mynd - Chicken hater
**moves closer with fists tightened**

what did you call me?

2 Likes

Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by Obinnau(m): 8:44pm On Sep 26, 2013
bon jour
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by konklushun(f): 9:09pm On Sep 26, 2013
Obinnau, bonjour means gud mornin. U cld av sai bonsuir- gud evenin or bon nuit-gud nyt.
Reine pls au do i learn french for free? I love d language and i wld love to step up my knowledge of it.
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by Cathaliya: 9:16pm On Sep 26, 2013
Hullo people.....

Hows you?

I wana learn french and german language too.
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by Nobody: 9:37pm On Sep 26, 2013
Cathaliya: Hullo people.....

Hows you?

I wana learn french and german language too.

konklushun: Obinnau, bonjour means gud mornin. U cld av sai bonsuir- gud evenin or bon nuit-gud nyt.
Reine pls au do i learn french for free? I love d language and i wld love to step up my knowledge of it.

Hello y'all. now I see y'all want to learn:

Spanish

English

French

German

Portuguese

Italian

etc and well there is this website by the name of Duolingo that can assist with that and its totally free.
All you need to do is go to www.duolingo.com and then sign up nothing more, nothing less. And the amazing part is that there in no hidden fee (say for example, you reach a level and to advance you need to pay- nothing like that)

In that website it teaches you how to

Speak in the proper accent
Write well, especially with accentuations like accent droit, accent aigu and others
Read French without having to check the dictionary often

Bonus: you can translate articles, essay, journals etc.

Sadly, they only have apps for smartphones and not all smartphones (but iPhone dey there sha) and those come with offline modes.

Why am i writing this? So you can know what you are registering for. smiley smiley (oh and I feel like being professional today smiley )

If you want to know more, you can ask me any question and I will try my possible best to answer.

Thanks cool

1 Like

Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by Nobody: 9:45pm On Sep 26, 2013
Obinnau: bon jour

Bonsoir mon cher moderateur. j'espere que vous n'allez pas me punir pres cette smiley

(I hope you will not punish me after this)
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by Nobody: 9:46pm On Sep 26, 2013
Jekyll & Hyde:

What's good, Reine? smiley

Hey Jekyll, I've missed you. Where have you been all these while? smiley
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by konklushun(f): 10:49pm On Sep 26, 2013
Tnx Reine.

1 Like

Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by Nobody: 10:55pm On Sep 26, 2013
ReineViolet:

Hey Jekyll, I've missed you. Where have you been all these while? smiley

Awww! Been around ni, not too active anyway. It's been same with you, too; you've been off the radar.

How's your Maple leaf province today? smiley
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by Nobody: 11:05pm On Sep 26, 2013
konklushun: Tnx Reine.

You're welcome smiley
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by Nobody: 11:16pm On Sep 26, 2013
Jekyll & Hyde:

Awww! Been around ni, not too active anyway. It's been same with you, too; you've been off the radar.

How's your Maple leaf province today? smiley

Hmm, I see that. Don't mind me, I've been busy with school work and all.

Well we are in Fall now and it's about to get a lot worse so I'd just say its fair...for now
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by Nobody: 11:23pm On Sep 26, 2013
ReineViolet:

Yeah. Its amazing and its for free. You can learn French Spanish Portugese German(??)... smiley

And you learn to read, write and speak it

Sorry for replying late though embarassed
Oh that's cool, I love languages

You better be sorry lol just kidding

@topic
Afternoon guys
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by Nobody: 11:44pm On Sep 26, 2013
ReineViolet:

Hmm, I see that. Don't mind me, I've been busy with school work and all.

Well we are in Fall now and it's about to get a lot worse so I'd just say its fair...for now

I get it, especially the school part. Stressing you out much?

Ehya. angry Go get thick winter jackets. Now that you mentioned "a lot worse," I can't help but think that I have a hint of that location.
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by Nobody: 11:48pm On Sep 26, 2013
ibkaye:
Oh that's cool, I love languages

You better be sorry lol just kidding

@topic
Afternoon guys

Really cool. Thats nice you can join also if you want

Afternoon ibkaye
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by Nobody: 11:51pm On Sep 26, 2013
Jekyll & Hyde:

I get it, especially the school part. Stressing you out much?

Ehya. angry Go get thick winter jackets. Now that you mentioned "a lot worse," I can't help but think that I have a hint of that location.

Everything and everyone is stressing me out big time.

Hmm, and care to share your hint? wink
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by Nobody: 11:53pm On Sep 26, 2013
ReineViolet:

Really cool. Thats nice you can join also if you want

Afternoon ibkaye
Will do smiley

Lol jk good evening dear

1 Like

Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by Nobody: 12:04am On Sep 27, 2013
ReineViolet:

Everything and everyone is stressing me out big time.

Hmm, and care to share your hint? wink

Whoa! You've got to take it easy. You gonna survive, you know?

Lol. Wild guess: Al, On or BC.
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by Obinnau(m): 5:15am On Sep 27, 2013
ReineViolet:

Bonsoir mon cher moderateur. j'espere que vous n'allez pas me punir pres cette smiley

(I hope you will not punish me after this)
I have no idea what it fully meant o grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (574) (575) (576) (577) (578) (579) (580) ... (725) (Reply)

The Preacher's Son!!! / Letting Go By Audrey Timms / Man Wey Dey Reason

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.