Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,110 members, 7,818,311 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:25 PM

How Fast Can U Go? - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / How Fast Can U Go? (1228 Views)

Sold sold sold Can U Believe It,toyota Camry Alias Orobo For 250k / How Fast Does Right Hand Cars Sell In Nigeria? / If You Love Speed You Will Need This Pill:How FAST CAN YOU GOOOOOOOOO (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Fast Can U Go? by thegame(m): 4:28pm On Dec 13, 2007
Im sori pple but i can't do more than 110 km/h within lagos with my nissan sunny 1989 whose tyre is 13. i do 140 km/h with my mum's bus which tyre is 14. Is it safe cos i think going faster with small tyre, it's gonna burst but some don't agree with me though.

Must u have big tyreslike 14,15 or 16 to be able to do like 150 km/h?

Bydway, what speed can u recommend for different tyres?

I wanna get a different car so i want to have a tyre size in mind.
Re: How Fast Can U Go? by proo212(m): 8:28pm On Dec 13, 2007
Surely this depends on a lot of factors.

The size of the tyre has nothing to do with it. The speed rating of the tyre is perhaps more important. For the speeds you are thinking of doing I am assuming that the tyres on your car can comfortably accommodate such speeds. Check you tyres for the speed rating to be on the safe side. But on another note if you have a tyre on a 13' wheel, you probably will not be in a very powerful car capable of very high speeds anyway. There are obviously exceptions to that rule. Yours probably comes with a tyre with rating in bold.

Speed Symbol "N" For vehicles with a speed capability not exceeding 140 Km/h (88 Mph)
Speed Symbol "P" For vehicles with a speed capability not exceeding 150 Km/h (94 Mph)
Speed Symbol "Q" For vehicles with a speed capability not exceeding 160 Km/h (100 Mph)
Speed Symbol "R" For vehicles with a speed capability not exceeding 170 Km/h (106 Mph)
Speed Symbol "S" For vehicles with a speed capability not exceeding 180 Km/h (113 Mph)

Speed Symbol "T" For vehicles with a speed capability not exceeding 190 Km/h (119 Mph)
Speed Symbol "You" For vehicles with a speed capability not exceeding 200 Km/h (125 Mph)
Speed Symbol "H" For vehicles with a speed capability not exceeding 210 Km/h (130 Mph)
Speed Symbol "V" For vehicles with a speed capability not exceeding 240 Km/h (e.g. 225.55 R 15 91V)
Speed Symbol "W" For vehicles having speed capability not exceeding 270 Km/h (e.g. 225.60 R 15 96W)
Speed Symbol "Y" For vehicles having speed capability not exceeding 300 Km/h (e.g. 275.40 R 18 94Y)
Re: How Fast Can U Go? by thegame(m): 8:41pm On Dec 20, 2007
You a pro man. Thanks.It's goodtoread.I just wanna be onthe safe side
Re: How Fast Can U Go? by Ivvie: 7:05pm On Dec 22, 2007
[Deleted]
Re: How Fast Can U Go? by Ivvie: 7:39pm On Dec 22, 2007
[Deleted]
Re: How Fast Can U Go? by sammyjl(f): 8:49pm On Dec 22, 2007
cool It depends on the road. But i can go pretty fast. I like fast driving.
Re: How Fast Can U Go? by Nobody: 9:03pm On Dec 22, 2007
sammyjl:

cool It depends on the road. But i can go pretty fast. I like fast driving.

Also depends on engine output, gearing and driver ability.
Re: How Fast Can U Go? by Ivvie: 10:00pm On Dec 22, 2007
Poster has a lazy engine.  The topic is slightly  off from the initial post.  Read it up!  I think it's synonymous with the wear and tear through age/use. Topic sentence differs from the initial post.
Re: How Fast Can U Go? by thegame(m): 5:18pm On Dec 23, 2007
This is where the misunderstanding comes in. I am not saying i can't do it. All im saying isi is it safe with that size of tyre. I may say i am the no1 fan of fast driving in this place hon.
If you don't understand what i am saying, just ask for more explanation and i will give. but not by u dissing. JUst in case, my engine ain't lazy. IT does 125km/h everyday. Just trying to know if the tyre is safe. I just bought new ones though and i don't wanna be tempted to commit suicide. MERRY XMAS HON
Re: How Fast Can U Go? by Ivvie: 9:53pm On Dec 23, 2007
thegame:

This is where the misunderstanding comes in. I am not saying i can't do it. All im saying isi is it safe with that size of tyre. I may say i am the no1 fan of fast driving in this place hon.
If you don't understand what i am saying, just ask for more explanation and i will give. but not by u dissing. JUst in case, my engine ain't lazy. IT does 125km/h everyday. Just trying to know if the tyre is safe. I just bought new ones though and i don't want to be tempted to commit suicide. MERRY XMAS HON

My bad!!!  I am sorry.  Was just trying to be helpful. Post was reflectively conclusive.

The car is safe, even if it was designed to roll on bicycle wheels.  You can't be better opinionated than the design engineers that prototyped it lest you should be working there (no insult).  Whatever was fitted by the manufacturer is optimised with least amount of trade-offs.

Peace.
Re: How Fast Can U Go? by Ivvie: 10:06pm On Dec 23, 2007
How fast can one go?!

Understanding your vehicle and its momentum is the initial key. Speed doesn't necessarily mean you are going fast and save time. Dragging isn't reality.
Re: How Fast Can U Go? by Nobody: 5:43pm On Feb 12, 2010
Hi guys!!! After 3 years of my absence on Nairaland,
I still think am the best when it comes to speeeeeed!!! cool
Ask the speed demon himself. I did about 180km on
my way back from Lagos last month!!! shocked Any ways,
I am hoping I can prove my self some day on wheel. grin

Peace. Happy to be back on board,

(1) (Reply)

Which Car Can I Get For 120k: Do You Have One / Car Choice Dilemma / Any Car Dealers On NL Stationed In Port Harcourt?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.