Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,046 members, 7,863,720 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 02:06 AM

Nairalanders, Pls Help With Future Planning Opportunities For Our Little Baby. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Nairalanders, Pls Help With Future Planning Opportunities For Our Little Baby. (839 Views)

Having A Child With Future Husband who already has one -Whom does he love more? / Who Owns The Boobss/breeaast? The Little Baby Or The Father / Must We Carry Our Little Babies And Toddlers In Front Seats? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairalanders, Pls Help With Future Planning Opportunities For Our Little Baby. by wakes: 2:32pm On Jul 30, 2012
My Wellbeloved nairalanders. What suggestions would you share with me for raising children by way of planning for their future: health, education, finances, etc? I curiously await your comments. Thanks,
Re: Nairalanders, Pls Help With Future Planning Opportunities For Our Little Baby. by Nobody: 2:36pm On Jul 30, 2012
Educational insurance
Re: Nairalanders, Pls Help With Future Planning Opportunities For Our Little Baby. by safeLove(f): 5:20pm On Jul 30, 2012
olas2u: Educational insurance
Exactly. If you need more info,let me know or send your email ad or phone number and let's do the maths.
Re: Nairalanders, Pls Help With Future Planning Opportunities For Our Little Baby. by Nobody: 5:23pm On Jul 30, 2012
safeLove:
Exactly. If you need more info,let me know or send your email ad or phone number and let's do the maths.

@OP
Listen to me, ignore this post I just quoted. Anyone wanna help you? Tell them to do it here and not on phone or via email.

You asked for help on this thread, you get it here

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders, Pls Help With Future Planning Opportunities For Our Little Baby. by taryour(f): 10:23pm On Jul 30, 2012
Op this is excatly what you should be thinking and planning for your children and not wanting them to use both of their hands...
Re: Nairalanders, Pls Help With Future Planning Opportunities For Our Little Baby. by GboyegaD(m): 10:25pm On Jul 30, 2012
jennykadry:

@OP
Listen to me, ignore this post I just quoted. Anyone wanna help you? Tell them to do it here and not on phone or via email.

You asked for help on this thread, you get it here

While there is need to thread on the path of caution, the poster you quoted could be an insurance marketer who is willing to sell his company product to the OP.

OP,
you could choose to contact him but please, use your head at all times.
Re: Nairalanders, Pls Help With Future Planning Opportunities For Our Little Baby. by Nobody: 3:56am On Jul 31, 2012
Changes nothing. Nothing stops her from postin details for everyone here to see and learn from

Which kain yeye phone and email
Re: Nairalanders, Pls Help With Future Planning Opportunities For Our Little Baby. by Johndoe100(m): 5:06am On Jul 31, 2012
GboyegaD:

While there is need to thread on the path of caution, the poster you quoted could be an insurance marketer who is willing to sell his company product to the OP.

OP,
you could choose to contact him but please, use your head at all times.

Iya aje jenny can't stand the thought of anyone making money . I guess it reminds here of her own need for money. I find this board quite funny, there at least 4 or 5 boards on this forum where members do biz with each other but here on the family board business seems to be a dirty word. It may just be jenny and her inferiority complex though.
Re: Nairalanders, Pls Help With Future Planning Opportunities For Our Little Baby. by Nobody: 5:40am On Jul 31, 2012
One of the very very most important thing to do is to start a college funds or savings for your children.

As for health, some medical issues are preventative and some are not. Do yearly check-ups, make sure they understand good hygiene (teeth brushing, washing hands, etc) and make sure they tell you any abnormal signs and symptoms that you may have overlooked. We can't be with our children 24/7, but the little they tells us goes a long way. Not sure if Nigeria has health insurance, but if you are financially stable enough to get an insurance for your children, that would be wonderful.

I can go on and on about health, but this is a very broad subject and it's something you'll have to personally research on your own.

Plan your finances well. Plan not for today, but also for future unforeseen circumstance. All think "what if Bleep happens, how will I get through it?". A doctor will buy a new Mercedes Benz today, but what if he gets fired tomorrow? It's always good to plan ahead. Save and spend wisely. Don't live like today is your last, because you'll have your children to guide/guard tomorrow.

You prolly need to know that once you have kids, you'll be spending on them more than you and your wife will be spending on yourselves. So expect that and embrace it. Children comes first.

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders, Pls Help With Future Planning Opportunities For Our Little Baby. by safeLove(f): 8:17am On Jul 31, 2012
Johndoe100:

Iya aje jenny can't stand the thought of anyone making money . I guess it reminds here of her own need for money. I find this board quite funny, there at least 4 or 5 boards on this forum where members do biz with each other but here on the family board business seems to be a dirty word. It may just be jenny and her inferiority complex though.

Na wa o!! Anyway,I am not an insurance marketer or anything close to that. I have a similar insurance plan with huge returns and I didn't want to advertise for free hence I put up that post.
Besides,no be by force naw.. Nairaland!!
Re: Nairalanders, Pls Help With Future Planning Opportunities For Our Little Baby. by EfemenaXY: 8:43am On Jul 31, 2012
wakes: My Wellbeloved nairalanders. What suggestions would you share with me for raising children by way of planning for their future: health, education, finances, etc? I curiously await your comments. Thanks,

Where are you based? And what's your attitude to risk?

With regards to financial planning you might want to spread out your investments using different options:

* Savings accounts with your bank / building society (low risk, instant access but low returns well below the rate of inflation)

* Junior government bonds which you can get from the post office (medium risk, access in 5-10 years, slightly better returns but still dependant on the interest rate)

* Stocks & Shares (high risk, investments should be held not less than 10 years, higher returns BUT they do warn you that past performance is no guarantee for future performances, as the value of your investments could go up or down).

There is so much more out there. What I've done is very broadly given you the three main types as we have it in the UK. I could give you the links to various money investment websites but I don't know how useful that would be to you if you're outside the UK.

An Independent Financial Adviser (IFA) would be able to help you out more, with specific options tailored to match your family's needs.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Tribute To Mojisola / Another Girl Child Marriage?! / Ikenna Splits His Father's Head Into Two

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.