Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,165 members, 7,860,178 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 07:24 AM

FG Inaugurates Committees On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Inaugurates Committees On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (7608 Views)

Buhari Orders Establishment Of Committees On New China-nigeria Projects / Hembe And Madaki Exchange Slaps Over ‘Juicy’ Committees / Saraki Announces Names Of Chairmen Of Committees..see List (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Inaugurates Committees On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway by moonraker(m): 3:46am On Jul 31, 2012
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy Buahahhahahahahahaha In laugh in committee!!!!

[size=42pt]GEJ, FRESH AIR!!! Now everybody Breath in, Breath out!!!![/size]
Re: FG Inaugurates Committees On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway by VolvoS60(m): 4:00am On Jul 31, 2012
angry angry angry

Nigerian public officials do not even bother to hide their deep hatred of, and contempt for the Nigerian taxpayer anymore. And we deserve every bit of it.

12 months ago, I posted on a thread on this board about the outright refusal of the PDP-led federal government to do anything about the Lagos-Ibadan expressway. Instead of building the road, federal agents fed us children's tales about 'powerful forces' being responsible for the failure of the concessionaire (Wale Babalakin's Bicourtney) to deliver.

The road is much worse now with the rainy season in full swing.

Today, the 'honourable' minister of works is feeding gullible Nigerians with more lies and untruths about "transaction advisers" and newly inaugurated "project steering committes".

The Lagos-Ibadan expressway is not a theoretical abstraction for me. I have travelled on that road for over 30 years. I have seen people die on that road. I have had a couple of near-misses myself. I have arrived on accident scenes literally seconds after the event. I have close relatives who suffered violent attacks by armed robbers on that road. There is very little anyone can tell me about that road that I don't already know.

Mike Onolememen's comments are a grave insult to the memory of those who died needless deaths on that federal highway. But he will get away with it because the ordinary Nigerian is a talker and not a doer; he expects very little from his leaders and demands even less.

As for Dedeike and D-explorer . . . I say well done. Keep up the work you are doing. You will get your reward in due course, as sure as night follows day. You have succeeded in your propaganda because of the stupidity and clannishness of millions of small-minded Nigerians who do not have any high minded ideas of how to put together a funcional nation-state in the 21st century. The issue is not GEJ, though you would like it to be, because that suits your purposes just fine. I always ask people this question: "Are you better off after 12 years of the PDP? Are you truly better off?"

They usually have no answer.

2 Likes

Re: FG Inaugurates Committees On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway by ziccoit: 4:08am On Jul 31, 2012
maryjames9: Guys,if i have to point to two things this administration have achieved so far,i'll say privatisation of PHCN and revealn the level of coruptn in the oil sector. As much as everyone know as evidence from my previous post dat i am a Gej critic,i think we should give this guy some slack. It's not easy correcting the wrong of decades of bad government,so not easy for Nigerians to trust her leaders, edo governorship election show that he is commited to free and fair election too. I'm not 1 of his adent supporters like Mr Turkey or beaf Gej arse licking 40 man laptop chief commitee,but from what i'm hearing, Gej seems commited to helping Nigeria

By 2015, GEJ would have spent half a decade in power. Could he have reduced Nigeria problems by half by then with the way things are unfolding now. No.
What you don't have, you can't offer. Ebele is too dull to make a significant mark. Forget about the composition of his cabinet. The guy is just too dull.
Re: FG Inaugurates Committees On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway by Jalal(m): 4:24am On Jul 31, 2012
I laff in committee grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: FG Inaugurates Committees On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway by DExplorer1: 6:05am On Jul 31, 2012
VolvoS60: angry angry angry

Nigerian public officials do not even bother to hide their deep hatred of, and contempt for the Nigerian taxpayer anymore. And we deserve every bit of it.

12 months ago, I posted on a thread on this board about the outright refusal of the PDP-led federal government to do anything about the Lagos-Ibadan expressway. Instead of building the road, federal agents fed us children's tales about 'powerful forces' being responsible for the failure of the concessionaire (Wale Babalakin's Bicourtney) to deliver.

The road is much worse now with the rainy season in full swing.

Today, the 'honourable' minister of works is feeding gullible Nigerians with more lies and untruths about "transaction advisers" and newly inaugurated "project steering committes".

The Lagos-Ibadan expressway is not a theoretical abstraction for me. I have travelled on that road for over 30 years. I have seen people die on that road. I have had a couple of near-misses myself. I have arrived on accident scenes literally seconds after the event. I have close relatives who suffered violent attacks by armed robbers on that road. There is very little anyone can tell me about that road that I don't already know.

Mike Onolememen's comments are a grave insult to the memory of those who died needless deaths on that federal highway. But he will get away with it because the ordinary Nigerian is a talker and not a doer; he expects very little from his leaders and demands even less.

As for Dedeike and D-explorer . . . I say well done. Keep up the work you are doing. You will get your reward in due course, as sure as night follows day. You have succeeded in your propaganda because of the stupidity and clannishness of millions of small-minded Nigerians who do not have any high minded ideas of how to put together a funcional nation-state in the 21st century. The issue is not GEJ, though you would like it to be, because that suits your purposes just fine. I always ask people this question: "Are you better off after 12 years of the PDP? Are you truly better off?"

They usually have no answer.

We need more Nigerians to think widely like you. Cheers bro!

You Need To Read These! Why He Hasn't Proposed

After Aborting 3 Times For Him, He's Set To Marry Another Lady This Month.

16 Regular Mistakes Singles Make in Relationships

25 Warning Signs of a Possible Break up in Your Relationship
Re: FG Inaugurates Committees On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway by Kobojunkie: 6:21am On Jul 31, 2012
Jalal: I laff in committee grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: FG Inaugurates Committees On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway by Pain(m): 8:08am On Jul 31, 2012
A Camel is A Horse Designed by a Committee....So Much for Committees
Re: FG Inaugurates Committees On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway by oubi: 8:08am On Jul 31, 2012
why dont you all look at dis committee set-up from a positive direction. this could be his own method of job creation grin grin
Re: FG Inaugurates Committees On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway by chucky234(m): 8:15am On Jul 31, 2012
How did I missed this thread yesterday God, two committees to investigtate a road dualization project that started in OBJ's administration.
Dumb DEDEIKE and his PA JMAINE will still come out here with the combobulated brain to say the road was awarded by GEJ then consider it as a milestone of this failed govt.
A conssesioned road project under turnkey arrangement.
Bi-Courtney Highway Services Ltd will toll the roads for agreed period of time so as to realised their invested resources and make huge profits off Nigerians,in the near future of major roads will be constructed under turnkey arrangement so Nigerians will pay to roads that is supposed to be free to the citizenry.
Ah my Naija is doom oooooooo
Re: FG Inaugurates Committees On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway by chucky234(m): 8:17am On Jul 31, 2012
oubi: why dont you all look at dis committee set-up from a positive direction. this could be his own method of job creation grin grin
Job creation you say,with people like Ken Nnamani as committee member,is that what you call job creation?
Re: FG Inaugurates Committees On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway by chucky234(m): 8:31am On Jul 31, 2012
dedeike: Another road set to be constructed. Nice one GEJ.
You are not even ashame to show your dumb face here, the same road you foolishly listed as one of GEJ numerous achievement.
Clap for your ignoramus nature goon
Re: FG Inaugurates Committees On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway by Nobody: 8:40am On Jul 31, 2012
oubi: why dont you all look at dis committee set-up from a positive direction. this could be his own method of job creation grin grin

I would have agreed with you if the committee posts were reserved for hungry, unemployed youth.
Re: FG Inaugurates Committees On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway by OperaMini1(m): 8:41am On Jul 31, 2012
God, this govt. loves committees. What eventually will these new set of committees be doing?
Re: FG Inaugurates Committees On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway by forkadict(m): 8:43am On Jul 31, 2012
I tire for dis mumu GEJ guy Oloun.

He dey always set up comitee to do evrytin. Commitee to chop, commitee to sleep, comitee to piss, comitee to shit, even comitee to fork.

JUST FIX THE GODDDDAMNED ROADS GADDEMMIT!
Re: FG Inaugurates Committees On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway by tunnytox(m): 8:59am On Jul 31, 2012
nifemi01: Even beaf n his colleagues must be having a laugh about this.
Just waiting for d day d guy will man up n set up a committee to review his cluelessness.

LWKMD grin grin grin committee to review GEJ's cluelessness? That wouldn't be a bad idea Walahi!
Re: FG Inaugurates Committees On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway by Pukkah: 9:17am On Jul 31, 2012
dedeike: Another road set to be constructed. Nice one GEJ.

Did you read the story at all? This is not another road please. Please don't mask or suppress the relevance of this important story with your unthinking sycophancy and unabashed zombie-ism.

It is not mandatory to post on all threads.
Re: FG Inaugurates Committees On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway by postemail: 9:18am On Jul 31, 2012
During last presidential election, there was so much talk of " divine mandate"; some churches were in tow singing for Jonathan. What happened to all that "divine" and those who were saying he(Jonathan) was God's chosen?
Re: FG Inaugurates Committees On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway by luluosas(m): 9:31am On Jul 31, 2012
wellmax: GEJocracy... Government of Committees, by Committees and for Committees
Wow! A new vista have just been opened.
Re: FG Inaugurates Committees On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway by Nobody: 9:54am On Jul 31, 2012
soon, there will be a committee to recommend a review and downsize of the number of existing committees, another committee to see how this downsizing can be done, another committee to implement the downsizing, and another committee to listen to complaints arising from the downsizing, and another committee to review the report of the previous committee on complaints, and another committee to summarize the report of the previous committee on review of complaints report , and another committee to integrate all reports and document them for the next administration for execution, and another committee to ... infact, GEJ is really living to his promise of reducing wastage of public funds...anyway, mr GEJ, safe journey to Trinidad and Tobago...make sure u go with d first lady of AFRICA...DR MRS DAME PATIENCE JONATHAN, Pm.sec, MNI,CFR,MNIM,CIA,AIG,FBI,EFCC,ICPC,ABCD,EFGH,...WXYZ...undercover commander in chief of the armed forces of d fed. rep of nigeria, commander in chief of the gramatical blunder forces of the fed. rep of nigeria,

1 Like

Re: FG Inaugurates Committees On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway by Nobody: 9:56am On Jul 31, 2012
I have said it before, the setting up of committees for everything is tangible evidence of the fact that government has failed. In a normal, functioning society, the business of governance is carried on by the cabinet, with their supporting ministries and parastatals. But here, governance has been outsourced to committees, while the relevant ministries with their bloated workforce are left idle.

Fresh air. *scoffs*
Re: FG Inaugurates Committees On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway by agog: 10:10am On Jul 31, 2012
[b][/b]
luluosas:
Wow! A new vista have just been opened.
GEJocracy... Government of Committees, by Committees and for Committees
lol lol!!!!!!!!!
Re: FG Inaugurates Committees On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway by agog: 10:20am On Jul 31, 2012
wellmax: GEJocracy... Government of Committees, by Committees and for Committees

yes o, our own GEJ is breaking record in the area of politics. Freshness of air is good!
Re: FG Inaugurates Committees On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway by blacksta(m): 10:33am On Jul 31, 2012
gej is mere representation of the people of Nigeria - so what is the problem
Re: FG Inaugurates Committees On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway by Nobody: 5:10pm On Jul 31, 2012
Guy dt stretch of road is 145km max. One indirect tin dis report has said but which most of us on dis site av failed to notice (read inbetween d lines) is dt GEJ Govt is simply trying to re-award d concession for dis all-important road to Bi-Courtney again. D initial 'contract' in 2009 was worth N99billion,.....mark my words,dis tym Bi-Courtney wud pocket a minimum of N200-N300billion. GEJ I hail you!!!
Fhemmmy: How long is the road itself?
Re: FG Inaugurates Committees On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway by Nobody: 5:14pm On Jul 31, 2012
Fhemmmy: How long is the road itself?
Re: FG Inaugurates Committees On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway by Nobody: 8:08am On Aug 01, 2012
grin ;DObAmA :why is it dat you have many committees in Nigeria e.g committee on boko haram,committee on fuel subsidy removal,committee on armed robbers,committee on embezzlmnt e. t .c
GEJ : dont worry i will soon site anoda committee on wht u ve said now! ;DObAmA :why is it dat you have many committees in Nigeria e.g committee on boko haram,committee on fuel subsidy removal,committee on armed robbers,committee on embezzlmnt e. t .c
GEJ : dont worry i will soon site anoda committee on wht u ve said now! gringringrin gringrin
Re: FG Inaugurates Committees On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway by Nobody: 8:10am On Aug 01, 2012
OBAMA :why is it dat you have many committees in Nigeria e.g committee on boko haram,committee on fuel subsidy removal,committee on armed robbers,committee on embezzlmnt e. t .c
GEJ : dont worry i will soon site anoda committee on wht u ve said now! gringringrin gringrin
Re: FG Inaugurates Committees On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway by ashdre: 8:59am On Aug 01, 2012
Haa!Instead of this clueless govt to get into action No! Setting -up a committee every now and then.I tire oo

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nobody Can Turn Buhari Against Me – Amosun / Let's Talk About Fela's Political Lyrics. / Anambra House Of Assembly Elects Female Speaker

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.