Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,026 members, 7,835,481 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:39 AM

FG Inaugurates Committees On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Inaugurates Committees On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (7604 Views)

Buhari Orders Establishment Of Committees On New China-nigeria Projects / Hembe And Madaki Exchange Slaps Over ‘Juicy’ Committees / Saraki Announces Names Of Chairmen Of Committees..see List (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Inaugurates Committees On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway by Nobody: 8:11pm On Jul 30, 2012
What surprises me most now, is that there are people who feel this government is doing the right thing and should be supported.

The misdeeds of this administration will haunt GEJ until death.

1 Like

Re: FG Inaugurates Committees On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway by Aifey(m): 8:23pm On Jul 30, 2012
Jonathan d record breaker. Proterity will remember u 4this. A man wit an empty head.
Re: FG Inaugurates Committees On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway by wowo2: 8:25pm On Jul 30, 2012
the man thinks he is in a university system where committees are made up of people who really want to achieve stuff for their immediate environment...and not people with 'I don't give a damn' attitude that flock around a 'I dont give a damn' master.
Re: FG Inaugurates Committees On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway by Drfox(m): 8:28pm On Jul 30, 2012
Gej is hiding his gross incompitence behind all these useless committees.

1 Like

Re: FG Inaugurates Committees On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway by Oluwadare: 8:29pm On Jul 30, 2012
I dont knw what to say again then.
Re: FG Inaugurates Committees On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway by emmastalwart(m): 8:32pm On Jul 30, 2012
NovusHomo: YEPARIPA! Another committee. Lordhavmercy!
why can't we find good 4once in our Govt re dong?
Re: FG Inaugurates Committees On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway by Aifey(m): 8:37pm On Jul 30, 2012
blink182: What surprises me most now, is that there are people who feel this government is doing the right thing and should be supported.

The misdeeds of this administration will haunt GEJ until death.
those are d people tht still think tht 2012 is like d days of a early man. Other countries are movin ahead lik d speed of light while Nigeria its bein on hold 4decades. We'r stil busy talkin abt road, water, litght. Its a shame. D world is wacthin.

1 Like

Re: FG Inaugurates Committees On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway by Nobody: 8:52pm On Jul 30, 2012
Guys,if i have to point to two things this administration have achieved so far,i'll say privatisation of PHCN and revealn the level of coruptn in the oil sector. As much as everyone know as evidence from my previous post dat i am a Gej critic,i think we should give this guy some slack. It's not easy correcting the wrong of decades of bad government,so not easy for Nigerians to trust her leaders, edo governorship election show that he is commited to free and fair election too. I'm not 1 of his adent supporters like Mr Turkey or beaf Gej arse licking 40 man laptop chief commitee,but from what i'm hearing, Gej seems commited to helping Nigeria

1 Like

Re: FG Inaugurates Committees On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway by ochukoccna: 8:56pm On Jul 30, 2012
Geez
Another commithif?
Ebele must enter the Guiness book of records as the President who inaugurated the most commithifs
Can anyone confirm this?

2 Likes

Re: FG Inaugurates Committees On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway by Nobody: 9:01pm On Jul 30, 2012
Aifey: those are d people tht still think tht 2012 is like d days of a early man. Other countries are movin ahead lik d speed of light while Nigeria its bein on hold 4decades. We'r stil busy talkin abt road, water, litght. Its a shame. D world is wacthin.
When you look at the gulf countries and see the speed at which they are transforming their economies from energy based to tourism based. I really pity the generations of Nigerians that will come after us.
Re: FG Inaugurates Committees On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway by GboyegaD(m): 9:07pm On Jul 30, 2012
The Federal Government has commenced moves to end the protracted delays in the reconstruction of the Lagos-Ibadan Expressway by the concessionaire, Bi-Courtney Highway Services, with the appointment of an international firm as the transaction adviser and setting up of two committees to actualise the project.

The Minister of Works, Mr. Mike Onolememen, who said this in an interview with our correspondent in Abuja on Wednesday also, foreclosed the possibility of the Lagos, Ogun and Oyo state governments having a stake in the project.

He said, “It is true that in 2009, the Federal Ministry of Works signed a concession agreement with Bi-Courtney as the successful concessionaire for that particular expressway and the construction period was to last for four years under the terms of the agreement.

“For all intents and purposes, that agreement stands and is still operative, but we know that the concession has not gone the way it was contemplated. As we speak, the Federal Government is not resting on its oars; it is working to ensure that that road is delivered under whatever arrangement.”

Onolememen said the Federal Government’s determination to ensure the completion of the road made him to constitute a project delivery team three weeks ago, and inaugurate a project steering committee for the road.

He said, “This time, unlike in 2009 during the build-up to the agreement, we did not have transaction adviser; we do have a transaction adviser for that particular road now, a firm that has performed that role for successful concessions around the world in East Africa, Asian continent, Europe and America. We are availing ourselves of the best professional available expertise that we can ever have in that type of transaction to help ensure that the Federal Government proceeds with that concession because that particular road ought to be the flagship of all concessions in this country.

“The government is still determined to ensure that it works. I can assure you that even before the expiration of the four years stipulated in the original concession agreement, a way forward would have been found and the end result will be the expansion and beautification of the Lagos-Ibadan Expressway in such a way that it will serve the needs of Nigerian road users.”

On the alleged demand for a Federal Government guarantee by the South African investors assembled by BCHS before they could proceed with the reconstruction of the Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, the minister denied knowledge of such a request.

“It is news to me that the South African investors are asking for Federal Government guarantee, I am not aware of such a request. If such request is made at all, it should first come to my table but that is not in the offing now,” he said.

Which of the four years is he referring to here? The one that started in 2009 or the one to start after this new committees finish their review and re-review? I wonder when we will start reading about implementions and not inauguration of committees to review the proposal of some other committees.
Re: FG Inaugurates Committees On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway by Delafruita(m): 9:16pm On Jul 30, 2012
maryjames9: Guys,if i have to point to two things this administration have achieved so far,i'll say privatisation of PHCN and revealn the level of coruptn in the oil sector. As much as everyone know as evidence from my previous post dat i am a Gej critic,i think we should give this guy some slack. It's not easy correcting the wrong of decades of bad government,so not easy for Nigerians to trust her leaders, edo governorship election show that he is commited to free and fair election too. I'm not 1 of his adent supporters like Mr Turkey or beaf Gej arse licking 40 man laptop chief commitee,but from what i'm hearing, Gej seems commited to helping Nigeria
gej didnt privatise phcn,that process started with obj.gej didnt reveal any corruption,he and his party increased the corruption

1 Like

Re: FG Inaugurates Committees On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway by ypzilanti: 9:16pm On Jul 30, 2012
Jokes aside. Is commitee the answer to Nigeria's problems?

We have had previous committees on almost all the problems that bedevil us, and thier recommendations are always never implemnted...at best, partly implemented.

Most of our problems just need a thinking leader who will ask his advisers their opinion, and then use COMMONSENSE to arrive at a conclusion and give out orders.

The issue is that 99% of the President's advisers are not experts but political appointees of 'come chop' mentality.

2 Likes

Re: FG Inaugurates Committees On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway by nifemi01(m): 9:16pm On Jul 30, 2012
Even beaf n his colleagues must be having a laugh about this.
Just waiting for d day d guy will man up n set up a committee to review his cluelessness.

1 Like

Re: FG Inaugurates Committees On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway by ajf(m): 9:21pm On Jul 30, 2012
Committee on top road? Not even one but two?? This country don finish olohun gbo!!!
Re: FG Inaugurates Committees On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway by ypzilanti: 9:30pm On Jul 30, 2012
dedeike: Another road set to be constructed. Nice one GEJ.

Anyone that does not know you on this forum would read this post and think it was sarcastic grin

2 Likes

Re: FG Inaugurates Committees On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway by Darius2000: 9:36pm On Jul 30, 2012
Demdem: Committee again. Na wa oo.

When the government doesnt want to deliver, it sets up a committee..

1 Like

Re: FG Inaugurates Committees On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway by thomason: 9:37pm On Jul 30, 2012
ypzilanti:

Anyone that does not know you on this forum would read this post and think it was sarcastic grin

grin grin
Re: FG Inaugurates Committees On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway by Darius2000: 9:37pm On Jul 30, 2012
Yet another committee...the last time i counted 21....
Re: FG Inaugurates Committees On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway by AZeD1(m): 9:42pm On Jul 30, 2012
Please how do i get a committee job??
Re: FG Inaugurates Committees On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway by flexya: 9:42pm On Jul 30, 2012
27naira: Committee! it is. grin

Everyone is focusin on committee bt how about this from the honourable minister.
"This time, unlike in 2009 during the build-up to the agreement, we did not have transaction adviser;"

Transaction adviser? Wit all the consultants, special advisers 2 the minister, due process office, technocrats, civil servant, technical advisers. Na wa o
Re: FG Inaugurates Committees On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway by Akiika: 9:53pm On Jul 30, 2012
Dem take committee swear for this Jonathan? What is the job of ministries?
Re: FG Inaugurates Committees On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway by Biggyd2: 10:03pm On Jul 30, 2012
People, it seems our list below is in dire need of an update ASAP:

https://www.nairaland.com/956697/list-committees-inaugurated-gej-last/2

i think NLanders should set up a committee at once to carry out this task!

And yet another new committee:

https://www.nairaland.com/1004597/nigeria-fg-form-presidential-committee
Re: FG Inaugurates Committees On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway by OYINBOGOJU(m): 10:14pm On Jul 30, 2012
GEJ and his Kangaroo committee

Another motion to chop money.

1 Like

Re: FG Inaugurates Committees On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway by ibro360(m): 11:36pm On Jul 30, 2012
tongue GEJ AKA COMMITTEE d fisherman english
Re: FG Inaugurates Committees On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway by DExplorer1: 11:40pm On Jul 30, 2012
Re: FG Inaugurates Committees On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway by ypzilanti: 12:01am On Jul 31, 2012
D-Explorer:

Welcome on board babe. You don't have to be among the '40 man laptop' tosh. It's about seeing something positive in this productive administration. GEJ is working, it's a long-term progress.

^^^Is this how the nations that moved from poverty to giants over the last 20 years (China, Malaysia, singapore, UAE) got there? By creating committees for everything?
Re: FG Inaugurates Committees On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway by Kobojunkie: 12:02am On Jul 31, 2012
Chanchit: Egbami oooo....! Them wan carry cow pass window be this o...! lipsrsealed

Re: FG Inaugurates Committees On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway by DExplorer1: 12:06am On Jul 31, 2012
ypzilanti:

^^^Is this how the nations that moved from poverty to giants over the last 20 years (China, Malaysia, singapore, UAE) got there? By creating committees for everything?

They don't use the 1999 constitution, remember?

You Need To Read These! Why He Hasn't Proposed

After Aborting 3 Times For Him, He's Set To Marry Another Lady This Month.

16 Regular Mistakes Singles Make in Relationships

25 Warning Signs of a Possible Break up in Your Relationship
Re: FG Inaugurates Committees On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway by Nobody: 12:24am On Jul 31, 2012
A-ZeD:
Please how do i get a committee job??

Ayam also waiting for the answer.
Re: FG Inaugurates Committees On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway by LeJeun3: 12:31am On Jul 31, 2012
MY father thought me that when you don't want to do anything U set up 'committees', now I know it is true.
Re: FG Inaugurates Committees On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway by 1forall: 1:49am On Jul 31, 2012
Again??

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Hmm!!! Abia State Set To Build A Seaport / Metuh Accuses FG Of Threatening Doctors Over His Medical Report / INEC Creates 57,023 More Voting Points For Elections

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.