Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,601 members, 7,809,184 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:35 AM

My Camry 2000 Model Radiator Water Dries Up Quickly - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Camry 2000 Model Radiator Water Dries Up Quickly (5837 Views)

Help Radiator Fan Not Working ( Problem Solved ) / Help! My Golf 3 Mixes Transmission Oli With Radiator Water / My Camry 2000 Model Radiator Water Dries Up Quickly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Camry 2000 Model Radiator Water Dries Up Quickly by Aigbehis(m): 9:57pm On Jul 30, 2012
I recently changed my 2000 model Camry one-cell radiator that was working faultlessly about a month and the half ago to double cell, like i was advised. But lately, I just observed this funny behaviour of my radiator. I opened my radiator and discovered the water was very down. On filling it, it took quite more water than i expected and the Reservoir coolant container was also dry.
Today, I saw an up-shoot of my thermometer needle and felt hot air from the A/C vent by the dashboard. On checking, I discovered the radiator was fully dried and the reservoir inclusive.
On reaching, my Mechanic said he couldn't find anything wrong with the radiator as there were no leaks, etc. On leaving the mechanic shop (10mins drive), the water ran dry; i filled it and on my way to work (12mins drive), same happened.
Please friends, I very much do need your advice on how to go about it particularly from those who have experienced such or have a helpful knowledge to share..
Thanks! EHIS
Re: My Camry 2000 Model Radiator Water Dries Up Quickly by cooldudeng(m): 10:56pm On Jul 30, 2012
I will advise you try a different mech. Had similar problem once, only to discover there was a leak.
Re: My Camry 2000 Model Radiator Water Dries Up Quickly by paulokwudiri(m): 11:25pm On Jul 30, 2012
Dirty radiator can cause over heating too so try and wash ya radiator as soon as possible.Confirm if really they gave u one cell instead of double.
Re: My Camry 2000 Model Radiator Water Dries Up Quickly by Aigbehis(m): 6:31am On Jul 31, 2012
cooldudeng: I will advise you try a different mech. Had similar problem once, only to discover there was a leak.

I will try another and see what comes out of it.

Thanks Cooldudeng.
Re: My Camry 2000 Model Radiator Water Dries Up Quickly by Aigbehis(m): 6:33am On Jul 31, 2012
paulokwudiri: Dirty radiator can cause over heating too so try and wash ya radiator as soon as possible.Confirm if really they gave u one cell instead of double.

It is actually a double cell and a new one for that matter. But for dirt, I don't really think so. I'll still make sure my mechanic give answers to those questions.

Thanks Paulokwudiri
Re: My Camry 2000 Model Radiator Water Dries Up Quickly by yanmata(m): 9:19am On Jul 31, 2012
@op, did u said u noticed hot air coming out from the ac vent? If dats true, i suspected an internal leakage of the hot air evapourator located inside ur car dash board.

Sometimes when the evapourator gets roasted, u wont get to notice water leakage from any part of ur engine trunk.

Hope that will help u.
Re: My Camry 2000 Model Radiator Water Dries Up Quickly by nissparts(m): 9:37am On Jul 31, 2012
Radiator water doesnt dry up, you have a leak.
Re: My Camry 2000 Model Radiator Water Dries Up Quickly by Ikenna351(m): 6:05pm On Jul 31, 2012
@ OP,

See how person dey go carry im hand and moni buy wahala for imself! You acknowledged that the original radiator had no issue, yet you went ahead and replace what didnt need to be replace. What made you think you knew better than the car manufacturer? So you think they didnt consider hot climate/weather when they designed the engine to run with that original radiator? You think North America, where probably the car was used, dont have hot season like us, even hotter than ours atimes? Well, we live with implications of our decisions and choices in life!

To start with, your description showed that the cooling system was not bled after the radiator swapped. The car could also be suffering from airpocket. Airpocket issue usually blow up the radiator hose, head gasket or any possible cooling system part, to excape the pressure building up in the sealed system.

Like Nisspart has suggested, you likely also have a leakage issue as well. Find it.

Have you checked the colour of the engine oil in the sump via oil dipstick, to know if thats where the radiator fluid are draining into? If the colour turns into milkish or whitish, HELLLO! Your head gasket has toasted.

I believe you have learnt your lesson.

Ikenna.

[/quote]
Re: My Camry 2000 Model Radiator Water Dries Up Quickly by Stallion84(m): 5:15pm On Aug 09, 2012
The water is obviously leaking out. Leakages are more visible in high temperature. Also, is you r radiator copper or aluminum?

(1) (Reply)

Ford Windstar Vs Toyota Sienna / Changing Manual Gear To Auto(need Advice) / I Used Gumout Multisystem Tuneup (with PEA) And...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.