Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,584 members, 7,823,525 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:21 AM

A Friend Of Mine Wants An Igbo Name - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / A Friend Of Mine Wants An Igbo Name (7897 Views)

Poll: Which of these name should he choose for her?

Chiamaka: 20% (12 votes)
Oluchi: 24% (14 votes)
Ifeoma: 25% (15 votes)
Chinwe: 17% (10 votes)
Nkechi: 12% (7 votes)
This poll has ended

Photos Of An Igbo Village Built In Virginia, USA / Igbo Name For Fruits / Igbo Kwenu ! Kwenu Kwezo Nu ! Join Us If You Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Friend Of Mine Wants An Igbo Name by RichyBlacK(m): 3:33am On Dec 14, 2007
A Bini girl wants her fiancé, an Igbo guy, to give her an Igbo name.

Can Nairalanders suggest pretty Igbo names for her?
Re: A Friend Of Mine Wants An Igbo Name by OgidiBoy(m): 3:40am On Dec 14, 2007
Re: A Friend Of Mine Wants An Igbo Name by RichyBlacK(m): 3:49am On Dec 14, 2007
OgidiBoy:

Ol boy which one be that now? Try suggest some names.
Re: A Friend Of Mine Wants An Igbo Name by OgidiBoy(m): 3:52am On Dec 14, 2007
The only name I can think of right now is "afulafu" I bet she'll love the name.
Re: A Friend Of Mine Wants An Igbo Name by kojeiwa(m): 4:38am On Dec 14, 2007
Tell the girl that she is stupid, what's wrong with the bini name are parents gave her. What kind of stupid love is making her under mining her own tribe.
Re: A Friend Of Mine Wants An Igbo Name by Nobody: 5:05am On Dec 14, 2007
kojeiwa:

Tell the girl that she is stupid, what's wrong with the bini name are parents gave her. What kind of stupid love is making her under mining her own tribe.

sensible words
Re: A Friend Of Mine Wants An Igbo Name by RichyBlacK(m): 5:14am On Dec 14, 2007
kojeiwa:

No, it's not so. She's not discarding her original name, she's keeping it. She only wants to add a new name, an Igbo name.
Re: A Friend Of Mine Wants An Igbo Name by xymigrator(m): 1:02pm On Dec 14, 2007
I like that,infact we need more of other tribes who are in love with us the IGBO'S. You can adopt "KAMSI" (KAMSIRIROCHUKWU IN FULL) Meaning How i asked God. usally named when someone got exactly what he requested from God.
Re: A Friend Of Mine Wants An Igbo Name by ifyalways(f): 6:30pm On Dec 14, 2007
i guess ogidi boy gave her a good name. wink
EFULEFU or AGAFU wud make a good name for her. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

ooooooooops the meaning?it simply means,one after the BFs heart.

all hail the AGAFU grin grin grin grin
Re: A Friend Of Mine Wants An Igbo Name by RichyBlacK(m): 7:07pm On Dec 14, 2007
OgidiBoy:

The only name I can think of right now is "afulafu" I bet she'll love the name.

Is that your sister's name? grin

Anu mpam!
Re: A Friend Of Mine Wants An Igbo Name by RichyBlacK(m): 7:09pm On Dec 14, 2007
ifyalways:

i guess ogidi boy gave her a good name. wink
EFULEFU or AGAFU would make a good name for her. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

ooooooooops the meaning?it simply means,one after the BFs heart.

all hail the AGAFU grin grin grin grin

Why not take this seriously? She loves Igbo names and just wants one from her Igbo guy.
Re: A Friend Of Mine Wants An Igbo Name by almondjoy(f): 7:09pm On Dec 14, 2007
I guess "otu ocha" is a befitting name! kiss
Re: A Friend Of Mine Wants An Igbo Name by RichyBlacK(m): 7:10pm On Dec 14, 2007
xymigrator:

I like that,infact we need more of other tribes who are in love with us the IGBO'S. You can adopt "KAMSI" (KAMSIRIROCHUKWU IN FULL) Meaning How i asked God. usally named when someone got exactly what he requested from God.

That's nice, thanx!
Re: A Friend Of Mine Wants An Igbo Name by RichyBlacK(m): 7:11pm On Dec 14, 2007
almondjoy:

So you want make your fellow Edo Queen they bear that kind name? Na wa for you!
Re: A Friend Of Mine Wants An Igbo Name by RichyBlacK(m): 7:32pm On Dec 14, 2007
Current names in consideration are:

1. Oluchi
2. Chigozie
3. Amarachi
4. Chinonye
5. Chioma
6. Njideka
7. Nneka
8. Chidiogo
9. Nkiruka
10. Ozioma
11. Nmachi
12. Adanne
13. Adaora
14. Adanze
15. Adaeze
16. Adamma
17. Nkechi
18. Chinwe
19. Ngozi
20. Ndidi
Re: A Friend Of Mine Wants An Igbo Name by Dreloaded(f): 7:35pm On Dec 14, 2007
I've always liked "Chinasa"
Re: A Friend Of Mine Wants An Igbo Name by Dreloaded(f): 7:37pm On Dec 14, 2007
almondjoy:

what does that mean?
Re: A Friend Of Mine Wants An Igbo Name by kojeiwa(m): 7:50pm On Dec 14, 2007
Don't Otu mean Private part
Re: A Friend Of Mine Wants An Igbo Name by RichyBlacK(m): 7:57pm On Dec 14, 2007
D-reloaded:

I've always liked "Chinasa"

Thanks, "Chinasa" is a beautiful name.
Re: A Friend Of Mine Wants An Igbo Name by RichyBlacK(m): 8:03pm On Dec 14, 2007
D-reloaded:

what does that mean?

The meaning depends on how the first letter O is pronounced. Literally, it means: "white privates" or "one/single white". As a name, it's just abusive.
Re: A Friend Of Mine Wants An Igbo Name by RichyBlacK(m): 8:04pm On Dec 14, 2007
I also like "Chinagorom", but it's becoming less common.
Re: A Friend Of Mine Wants An Igbo Name by Dreloaded(f): 8:07pm On Dec 14, 2007
what is the insult suppose to imply?
Re: A Friend Of Mine Wants An Igbo Name by RichyBlacK(m): 8:25pm On Dec 14, 2007
D-reloaded:

what is the insult suppose to imply?

"White pussy"!

The "white" connotes: used to excess and scorched by friction from continual abrasion - worn out!

Sorry for being so explicit.
Re: A Friend Of Mine Wants An Igbo Name by Dreloaded(f): 8:27pm On Dec 14, 2007
lol no need to apologize cos i've never heard the insult "white pussy" in my life.
Re: A Friend Of Mine Wants An Igbo Name by RichyBlacK(m): 8:30pm On Dec 14, 2007
D-reloaded:

lol no need to apologize because i've never heard the insult "white pussy" in my life.

So, any suggestions for names? Even if it's a Yoruba name, we can get the equivalent Igbo translation. Thanks.
Re: A Friend Of Mine Wants An Igbo Name by Dreloaded(f): 8:32pm On Dec 14, 2007
stick with Chinasa! tongue

Dont give her any "Ada" name either, doesnt seem right when she doesnt have Igbo blood.
Re: A Friend Of Mine Wants An Igbo Name by RichyBlacK(m): 8:37pm On Dec 14, 2007
Oh, I think he told me she's the first born, or "Ada" of the house. So, the Ada-names may be appropriate.

But Chinasa (God answers) is a beautiful name too.
Re: A Friend Of Mine Wants An Igbo Name by ifyalways(f): 5:00pm On Dec 15, 2007
RichyBlacK:

Oh, I think he told me she's the first born, or "Ada" of the house. So, the Ada-names may be appropriate.

But Chinasa (God answers) is a beautiful name too.
and agafu is not a beautiful name ?
i guess you are not an igbo or undecided

there cant be a better name for her than AGAFU.

as for "otu ocha" ,go and ask a man from MBANO the meaning.its not at all an insult plsss.
otu ocha is a good name too.you asked for a suggestion and we are suggesting though it wud be up to you to choose sha . kiss
Re: A Friend Of Mine Wants An Igbo Name by RichyBlacK(m): 3:52am On Dec 17, 2007
ifyalways:

there can't be a better name for her than AGAFU.

as for "otu ocha" ,go and ask a man from MBANO the meaning.its not at all an insult plsss.
otu ocha is a good name too.you asked for a suggestion and we are suggesting though it would be up to you to choose sha . kiss

ifyalways, e be like say serious crase dey worry you. grin

Name you pikin AGAFU! grin
Re: A Friend Of Mine Wants An Igbo Name by almondjoy(f): 8:10am On Dec 17, 2007
RichyBlacK:

ifyalways, e be like say serious crase dey worry you. grin

Name you pikin AGAFU! grin

You are not serious, you this RichyBlack.  We are giving you correct Ibo names for this babe and you are making "I-Yanga"! 

How about Otu Iberibe!!!! cheesy

ifyalways:

there can't be a better name for her than AGAFU.

otu ocha is a good name too.you asked for a suggestion and we are suggesting though it would be up to you to choose sha . kiss

Thank you ma sister!  He is being too choosy.  If he can interprete all the names here, I see no reason why he cannot recommend a good Igbo name for this chick!

@RichyBlack--choose one now so we can close this thread!  Haba!  Must it get to 2 pages? shocked
Re: A Friend Of Mine Wants An Igbo Name by ifyalways(f): 6:13pm On Dec 17, 2007
richybalck i wonder whats your own sef?
AGAFU is a beautiful name.its full meaning is AGAFU NA UZO .hope you got it now?it literally means "dont get lost or misled" ,now tell me how that is not a good name for a bini girl desiring to have a igbo name?

the bf sef no dey find bini name?we can be of help too tongue

all d best dear.lol and my warm regards to the igbonized bini girl wink
Re: A Friend Of Mine Wants An Igbo Name by RichyBlacK(m): 11:04pm On Dec 18, 2007
almondjoy:

You are not serious, you this RichyBlack. We are giving you correct Ibo names for this babe and you are making "I-Yanga"!

How about Otu Iberibe!!!! cheesy

Thank you ma sister! He is being too choosy. If he can interprete all the names here, I see no reason why he cannot recommend a good Igbo name for this chick!

@RichyBlack--choose one now so we can close this thread! Haba! Must it get to 2 pages? shocked

I see, so Seun has appointed you almondjoy as the moderator in charge of limiting the length of threads abi? Okay now. No problem.

Which one come be Otu Iberibe? Chineke God of Nazareth, biko helep your pikin.

The search for a name is still on. Suggestions needed o. Rumor has it that the naming ceremony is right around the corner.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is LAWAL A Yoruba Name / Africans Are Delusional About Aa's / PHOTOS: South Africans Go Nude To Celebrate Africa Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.