Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,268 members, 7,836,213 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:17 PM

Good Hospitals For Child Birth - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Good Hospitals For Child Birth (1474 Views)

Married As A Second Wife For Child-Bearing / How Can I Take Care Of My Body After Child Birth / Amazing Child Birth Stories (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Good Hospitals For Child Birth by Mongue(m): 11:31am On Apr 07, 2006
My Wife is going to be having a baby this year, Our first since moving from the UK a couple of years ago.

We have been searching high and low and asking for advice on where people would recommend as a safe / clean / well equipped hospital / clinic to have a baby in Lagos.

I've just found this forum and thought that maybe some of you out there would be able to help. In an ideal world she doesn't want to go back to the UK for months but from what we've seen so far then maybe she'll have to. If you know better please help!
Re: Good Hospitals For Child Birth by SIBLI06(m): 12:54pm On Apr 07, 2006
@Mongue, my wife is due to deliver our first child in July. After serious consideration we have decided that we will travel back to the UK and have the birth their. I'm not saying that there are no suitable, well equipped hospitals here in Nigeria (After all women have been giving birth here since year dot) it's just that I would never forgive myself if anything happened to my wife or our baby (Nathan Myowa "Surname"wink.

What nationality are you and your partner? For us, if my wife (Nigerian) gave birth in Nigeria our baby would be entitled to a British passport through me (British) however our babies child will not automatically be entitled to the same. So at least if my wife gives birth in the UK our grandchildren will be entitled to residence in the UK. Something you should really think about.

If everything is ok with the pregnancy you can fly to the UK as late as 36 weeks pregnancy, after the birth you can fly almost immediately back. So you don't need months back in the UK.

I'm actually lucky enough to be able to afford the birth in the UK (I am no longer a UK resident due to my time in Nigeria therefore my wife and I are not covered by the NHS). So we will have a home birth in the UK!

I pray everything works out for you as you wish.  smiley smiley It's not an easy decision to make is it!
Re: Good Hospitals For Child Birth by Mongue(m): 8:43am On Apr 08, 2006
Hi,

Thanks for your advice. To be honest you have pretty much summed up our feelings, It's the unknown complication that puts you off and if you have the option then it's not worth the risk, I hope that everything goes well for you.

I'm British and my wife is Nigerian, (although she now also has a British passport). I was interested to see one of your posts in another section where you mentioned you had thought about trying to get a Nigerian passport. I was planning on doing some further investigation into it as so far I have had a real range of advice on the process / requirements. I think I'm going to get a lawyer to look into it and give me a definitive answer. It seems that it's a lot easier as a British women marrying a Nigerian man.

If you know any more let me know.
Re: Good Hospitals For Child Birth by SIBLI06(m): 12:54pm On Apr 19, 2006
@Mongue, If you make any progress obtaining a Nigerian passport please let me know. The immigration law's at the moment to me seem so obstructive, the immigration officials say different thing's when you ask them the same question.

I would love to get a Nigerian Passport for myself but like I said previously, on speaking to the BHC in Lagos they said "only 1 person in the last 10 years has been granted a Nigeria Passport" (Seems very hard to believe but I can not prove it otherwise).

Good luck! (Hope the baby is doing well) wink
Re: Good Hospitals For Child Birth by Grizzly(m): 4:17am On Apr 20, 2006
Manger hospitol, Bethlehem,
Good place that,
Re: Good Hospitals For Child Birth by titilaelae(f): 2:16pm On Aug 20, 2008
@Poster, so where did Madam eventually have her baby in 2006? You forgot to carry us along, eh? We need to know how good or otherwise  our Naija hospitals are for childbirth nah. Or did you follow SIBLI's advice and flew her to UK? Well,  how is Nathan Myowa doing? ,  And by know I guess  another baby is on the way wink
Re: Good Hospitals For Child Birth by busybody20: 8:07am On Aug 21, 2008
Grizzly:

Manger hospitol, Bethlehem,
Good place that,
lol!!

@Poster,

Eko hospital Ikeja or surulere Lagos

(1) (Reply)

Father Rapés 5 Daughters, Mother Says It’s Family Tradition / A Nairalander's Love Story! It's Been 12 Months But It Feels Like Yesterday / Dealing With A Lying And Cheating Spouse

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.