Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,459 members, 7,819,670 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:31 PM

Amazing Child Birth Stories - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Amazing Child Birth Stories (17065 Views)

10 Most Curious Birth Stories / How Can I Take Care Of My Body After Child Birth / Share Your Child Birth Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Amazing Child Birth Stories by skydeep(f): 8:05pm On Jul 10, 2013
Hello guys! Good evening to you. I just put to bed recently and decided to share these amazing child birth stories. You guys got to respect the strength of a woman cool

Woman gives birth after running a marathon
Amber Miller was nearly 39 weeks pregnant -- expecting her second child any day -- when she set off from the starting line of the Chicago Marathon. She ran and walked even as contractions started kicking in toward the end of the race. However, she managed to cross the finish line -- and grab a bite to eat -- before giving birth to her baby girl, June.

She finished the marathon in 6 hours, 25 minutes and 50 seconds. It's not her personal best, but she did beat her husband.

2 Likes

Re: Amazing Child Birth Stories by skydeep(f): 8:06pm On Jul 10, 2013
Teenager gives birth during kickboxing match (didn't know she was pregnant)
17-year-old Pamela Vugts was rushed to the hospital following a kickboxing match, only to give birth to a healthy baby girl. Unbeknownst to Pamela, or her opponent, the youngster was seven months pregnant when she entered the ring. Following a kick to the stomach, the fighter began bleeding, triggering her trip to the emergency ward.

Vugts' father offered kind words following the birth: 'She has always been a bit heavy, but because she was having her monthly periods we thought she had just put on weight over the holidays.

Re: Amazing Child Birth Stories by skydeep(f): 8:07pm On Jul 10, 2013
Brain-dead woman gives birth to twins
A pregnant woman who was declared dead after suffering a brain aneurysm has given birth to twins after her body was kept alive for a month on a respirator.

Christine Bolden collapsed while walking in Michigan, Detroit with her boyfriend and three-year-old son. Five days later the 26-year-old was pronounced brain-dead by doctors. But almost a month later she gave birth to twins after being kept on life support in order to save her unborn children. Miss Bolden, who also has an 11-year-old son, gave birth to Nicholas and Alexander – names she had chosen before her collapse –after a 25-week pregnancy. Her life support was turned off shortly afterwards.

2 Likes

Re: Amazing Child Birth Stories by skydeep(f): 8:08pm On Jul 10, 2013
New York woman delivers baby in elevator after being sent home by hospital
A 31-year-old New York woman gave birth to a baby girl in her apartment elevator shortly after hospital nurses told her to return home because they said she wasn't ready to deliver. Ninfa Ramirez and soon-to-be father Armando Ortiz, 34, rushed to Jacobi Medical Center in the Bronx because Ramirez was experiencing labor pains. Nurses told the couple the baby wasn't ready so they could go home.

Moments after Ortiz dropped Ramirez off at their Bronxdale apartment and headed out to run an errand, he was summoned back by Ramirez, who told him the baby was coming. They made it to the elevator, but the baby couldn't wait.
Ortiz and two of his pals delivered Monserrath Ortiz in the elevator on the first floor, reports The Post. Ortiz called the delivery “a beautiful experience” and the glowing mother told the paper “it was a big surprise.”

Ramirez and her 9-pound, 8-ounce daughter were then taken by ambulance to Jacobi hospital.

Re: Amazing Child Birth Stories by skydeep(f): 8:10pm On Jul 10, 2013
528 lb. woman gives birth in Romania
A 25-year-old woman weighing 528 pounds (240 kilograms) gave birth to her first baby at a hospital equipped to treat obese people. "The baby is the fruit of the love between me and my future husband who is slimmer, weighing just 70 kilograms (154 pounds)," said Victoria Lacatus. "I wanted this child with all my heart, whatever the sacrifice," the Adevarul newspaper quoted her as saying.

The healthy baby girl, born by caesarian section, weighed 2.9 kilograms (6.4 pounds). Lacatus was admitted there from her village in southern Romania because the local hospital did not have any beds that could bear her weight. In Bucharest, three teams of ambulance staff and firefighters were needed to carry her into the hospital.

Popescu said Lacatus was being carefully monitored because she suffers from a thyroid problem and doctors said post-surgery complications could develop because of her morbid obesity.

http://www.oddee.com/item_98414.aspx

1 Like

Re: Amazing Child Birth Stories by Pampers: 8:14pm On Jul 10, 2013
Hummmm!!!God is Great!!!

1 Like

Re: Amazing Child Birth Stories by EfemenaXY: 8:19pm On Jul 10, 2013
skydeep: 528 lb. woman gives birth in Romania
A 25-year-old woman weighing 528 pounds (240 kilograms) gave birth to her first baby at a hospital equipped to treat obese people. "The baby is the fruit of the love between me and my future husband who is slimmer, weighing just 70 kilograms (154 pounds)," said Victoria Lacatus. "I wanted this child with all my heart, whatever the sacrifice," the Adevarul newspaper quoted her as saying.

The healthy baby girl, born by caesarian section, weighed 2.9 kilograms (6.4 pounds). Lacatus was admitted there from her village in southern Romania because the local hospital did not have any beds that could bear her weight. In Bucharest, three teams of ambulance staff and firefighters were needed to carry her into the hospital.

Popescu said Lacatus was being carefully monitored because she suffers from a thyroid problem and doctors said post-surgery complications could develop because of her morbid obesity.

How can such a huge woman birth such a tiny baby? I would have expected that baby's birth weight to be in excess of 6kg or over 12 pounds!

Unless of course, the baby was born really early (pre-term)?
Re: Amazing Child Birth Stories by smartmom(f): 9:47pm On Jul 10, 2013
Amazing I say for every single story here.
skydeep: Brain-dead woman gives birth to twins
A pregnant woman who was declared dead after suffering a brain aneurysm has given birth to twins after her body was kept alive for a month on a respirator.

Christine Bolden collapsed while walking in Michigan, Detroit with her boyfriend and three-year-old son. Five days later the 26-year-old was pronounced brain-dead by doctors. But almost a month later she gave birth to twins after being kept on life support in order to save her unborn children. Miss Bolden, who also has an 11-year-old son, gave birth to Nicholas and Alexander – names she had chosen before her collapse –after a 25-week pregnancy. Her life support was turned off shortly afterwards.

So sad this one.

As for young teenager, she didnt know she was pregnant for seven months?!!! wow!!!! shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Amazing Child Birth Stories by mideeniafe(f): 10:30pm On Jul 10, 2013
skydeep: Teenager gives birth during kickboxing match (didn't know she was pregnant)
17-year-old Pamela Vugts was rushed to the hospital following a kickboxing match, only to give birth to a healthy baby girl. Unbeknownst to Pamela, or her opponent, the youngster was seven months pregnant when she entered the ring. Following a kick to the stomach, the fighter began bleeding, triggering her trip to the emergency ward.

Vugts' father offered kind words following the birth: 'She has always been a bit heavy, but because she was having her monthly periods we thought she had just put on weight over the holidays.
This amazes me. How can someone be 7 months pregnant and not be aware? undecided Even if she was still seeing her period, she should have noticed some changes in her body. Besides, she doesn't look that heavy to me that a 7 months pregnancy wouldn't be noticed.

Anyway......stuffs happen grin grin.
Re: Amazing Child Birth Stories by Nobody: 10:53pm On Jul 10, 2013
Skydeep, congrats on the birth of your baby!
eehhhrrrmmmm, i've settled arrangements concerning Anderson with antelope xynerise. Help me take good care of him. cool wink grin
Re: Amazing Child Birth Stories by LordReed(m): 5:53am On Jul 11, 2013
Congrats sky deep! Hope you and the baby are doing okay.
Re: Amazing Child Birth Stories by skydeep(f): 3:01pm On Aug 13, 2013
Lord_Reed: Congrats sky deep! Hope you and the baby are doing okay.
Yes we are great. Thanks dear cool
Re: Amazing Child Birth Stories by Ishilove: 9:22pm On Aug 31, 2013
Chineeeeke!! How did that obese woman even manage to get pregnant?? shocked shocked

As for the seventeen year old kickboxer, it is obvious she was indulging in more than kickboxing practice after school hours grin

2 Likes

Re: Amazing Child Birth Stories by picoba(m): 9:28pm On Aug 31, 2013
thff
Re: Amazing Child Birth Stories by alphaconde(m): 9:29pm On Aug 31, 2013
Congrats ma, please name ur child ALPHA CONDE, it means first amongst equals.
Re: Amazing Child Birth Stories by Nobody: 9:31pm On Aug 31, 2013
Hmmmm, end tyms tins,na devil tempt me 2 type et o

3 Likes

Re: Amazing Child Birth Stories by Ayorh4you(m): 9:32pm On Aug 31, 2013
OPIN AYE TI DE TANN grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Amazing Child Birth Stories by chymystique(f): 9:34pm On Aug 31, 2013
skydeep: Brain-dead woman gives birth to twins

So Sad d lady gave up d ghost.. cry... Always imagine wah motherhood wil b lik for me.. I will pass cool

1 Like

Re: Amazing Child Birth Stories by SIRKOL(m): 9:34pm On Aug 31, 2013
We don't need dis in FP seun take note pls...

1 Like

Re: Amazing Child Birth Stories by Ishilove: 9:36pm On Aug 31, 2013
cerebral assain: Hmmmm, end tyms tins,na devil tempt me 2 type et o
Reetard. Smh
Re: Amazing Child Birth Stories by SIRKOL(m): 9:37pm On Aug 31, 2013
Counting the money i won on nairabet
Re: Amazing Child Birth Stories by venorite(m): 9:38pm On Aug 31, 2013
wow....thank u mama for bring me into this world, promise to be a good boy

1 Like

Re: Amazing Child Birth Stories by dryakson(m): 9:38pm On Aug 31, 2013
Woman gave birth to horse in Nigeria.... It is amazing compare to those
Re: Amazing Child Birth Stories by Nobody: 9:40pm On Aug 31, 2013
God is God!!!!!
Re: Amazing Child Birth Stories by OCTAVO: 9:41pm On Aug 31, 2013
Hmmmmmmm
Re: Amazing Child Birth Stories by gratiaeo(m): 9:46pm On Aug 31, 2013
End time tinz
Re: Amazing Child Birth Stories by Nobody: 9:49pm On Aug 31, 2013
hmm.... d death own, really surprise me....
Re: Amazing Child Birth Stories by mysticgal(f): 9:52pm On Aug 31, 2013
amazing indeed.
Re: Amazing Child Birth Stories by tosomaju(m): 9:54pm On Aug 31, 2013
skydeep: 528 lb. woman gives birth in Romania

240/70=3.4285714 *how the borbor phvck the horse * am i the only one thinking this grin grin grin
Re: Amazing Child Birth Stories by Nobody: 10:00pm On Aug 31, 2013
Ayorh4you: OPIN AYE TI DE TANN grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
you don dey madt..gaskiya!
Re: Amazing Child Birth Stories by Nobody: 10:00pm On Aug 31, 2013
mysticgal: amazing indeed.
!
Re: Amazing Child Birth Stories by Nobody: 10:02pm On Aug 31, 2013
SIR KOL!:
We don't need dis in FP seun take note pls...
bad belle why not?? Aint you tired of seeing beverly osu on front page?? Mtcheww

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is It Compulsory For A Lady To Know How To Cook Before Marriage? / Man Fails To Remember His Father & Daughter’s Names In Abeokuta Court / For Mums Gone To The Great Beyond: Tributes From Nairalanders.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.