Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,397 members, 7,815,865 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:43 PM

Fashola Commissions First Engineering Academy In Nigeria - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Fashola Commissions First Engineering Academy In Nigeria (2077 Views)

Aregbesola Commissions The Kings University Ode-Omu / 2014 Nigerian Communications Commissions (NCC) Essay Competition For Nigerian St / Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola Commissions Scholar Buses In Osun (Pictures attached) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fashola Commissions First Engineering Academy In Nigeria by mamikky: 3:03pm On Aug 01, 2012
Lagos State Governor, Mr. Babatunde Fashola, yesterday commissioned the first Engineering Academy in Nigeria, assuring of his administration’s commitment to giving top priority to vocational training and skill acquisition to residents of the state.
The Governor who commissioned the ultra-modern centre located at Government Technical College, Agidingbi,Ikeja, also presented certificates to 6,467 students who graduated from the five Lagos State Government Technical Colleges after successfully completing a three-year training in 370 different vocations.
Speaking at the graduation ceremony and special awards, Fashola described the event as remarkable and a massive boost to vocational education in the state asserting that the nation’s economy will only thrive if government remains committed to vocational education.
Presenting the graduands with their certificates, he urged them not relent in furthering their education up to university level, noting that it will improve on their capacity and horizon to be relevant in the scheme of things.
On the newly commissioned Engineering Academy, which is the third built in Africa and the first in West Africa; Fashola noted that the centre will go a long way to impact on the technical and engineering skills of youths in the state.
He said the Academy was a brain child of the state government and a Korean firm, Samsung Electronics Company, equipped with state of the art cutting edge training technology gadgets to train Nigerian youths in electrical, electronic, air-condition maintenance and other households appliances.
Earlier, the Managing Director of Samsung Electronics, West Africa, Mr. Nicholas Shin, said the Academy like its counterparts in Kenya and South Africa will after providing training, will also afford trainees an opportunity to work in any of their companies or become self employed.

http://nigerianpilot.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=4475:fashola-commissions-first-engineering-academy-in-nigeria&catid=40:more-headlines&Itemid=208
Re: Fashola Commissions First Engineering Academy In Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 3:16pm On Aug 01, 2012
First Technical Colleges in Nigeria?
Re: Fashola Commissions First Engineering Academy In Nigeria by TheDefender: 3:20pm On Aug 01, 2012
Visionary Leader
Re: Fashola Commissions First Engineering Academy In Nigeria by uberuuche09: 3:42pm On Aug 01, 2012
Dats grate
Re: Fashola Commissions First Engineering Academy In Nigeria by jjason123: 3:43pm On Aug 01, 2012
smiley smiley smiley
Re: Fashola Commissions First Engineering Academy In Nigeria by Bawss1(m): 3:44pm On Aug 01, 2012
The article is stretching it there by calling this the first "engineering college" (read vocational college) but I commend Fashola for this development.
Re: Fashola Commissions First Engineering Academy In Nigeria by FrankC3: 8:30pm On Aug 01, 2012
I know someone that left GTC Awka some 15 years ago. I have also worked with lead technicians who were once students of Nigeria techinical education board and that was their highest certificate. What makes what Fashola has done 'first'. I think some people don't just travel beyond their village.
Re: Fashola Commissions First Engineering Academy In Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 8:37pm On Aug 01, 2012
We had about 2 of those technical schools as well in Ikorodu. I am also not certain why this is being dubbed the "first".
Re: Fashola Commissions First Engineering Academy In Nigeria by PhysicsQED(m): 8:48pm On Aug 01, 2012
the ultra-modern centre located at Government Technical College, Agidingbi,Ikeja

equipped with state of the art cutting edge training technology gadgets to train Nigerian youths in electrical, electronic, air-condition maintenance and other households appliances.

So they added an engineering technician center to a preexisting school in collaboration with Samsung. Good.

Anyone got any pictures?
Re: Fashola Commissions First Engineering Academy In Nigeria by Afam4eva(m): 8:54pm On Aug 01, 2012
Frank-C:
I know someone that left GTC Awka some 15 years ago. I have also worked with lead technicians who were once students of Nigeria techinical education board and that was their highest certificate. What makes what Fashola has done 'first'. I think some people don't just travel beyond their village.
O boy the thing tire me oo. some people need to travel out of their caves.
Re: Fashola Commissions First Engineering Academy In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:11pm On Aug 01, 2012
First project in the second term, thats good news. But its not First in Nigeria. In the East, there are many Engineering and Technical Schools. I am a product of one....
Re: Fashola Commissions First Engineering Academy In Nigeria by Dainfamous: 11:38pm On Aug 01, 2012
like i said earlier their parents didn't educate them well everything didn't start and finish in lagos....
Re: Fashola Commissions First Engineering Academy In Nigeria by EkoIle1: 12:24am On Aug 02, 2012
Billyonaire: First project in the second term, thats good news. But its not First in Nigeria. In the East, there are many Engineering and Technical Schools. I am a product of one....

So all the fashola commission this and that projects we post on NL everyday were not second term projects? Well, you dont know the difference between your head and your toes because your useless governors are get to commission even bore hole since last decade.....
Re: Fashola Commissions First Engineering Academy In Nigeria by Ejine(m): 1:04am On Aug 02, 2012
Please, what is FUTO?
This article get serious K-leg sha undecided
Re: Fashola Commissions First Engineering Academy In Nigeria by karlmax2: 1:08am On Aug 02, 2012
trust ACN and their media hype
Re: Fashola Commissions First Engineering Academy In Nigeria by Ejine(m): 1:08am On Aug 02, 2012
equipped with state of the art cutting edge gadgets

Like spanners? undecided
Re: Fashola Commissions First Engineering Academy In Nigeria by Murphy7h4: 1:33am On Aug 02, 2012
Great
Re: Fashola Commissions First Engineering Academy In Nigeria by mojounited(m): 1:40am On Aug 02, 2012
Like spanners?
cheesy cheesy
Re: Fashola Commissions First Engineering Academy In Nigeria by CyberG: 3:15am On Aug 02, 2012
Most of the bad belles in the last several posts on this thread find nothing positive in this development. Of course their loss of a senseless war they could never, ab initio, has permanently blinded this confused Goebbelins who never even saw the war. LOL... cool cool cool
Re: Fashola Commissions First Engineering Academy In Nigeria by ektbear: 3:20am On Aug 02, 2012
Well done
Re: Fashola Commissions First Engineering Academy In Nigeria by Beaf: 4:03am On Aug 02, 2012
I think they mean the first in Lagos.
Re: Fashola Commissions First Engineering Academy In Nigeria by naptu2: 6:29am On Aug 02, 2012
Although the project is commendable, I'm still struggling to understand what they mean by "the first engineering academy". Yaba alone has several Technical/engineering schools (including Federal Technical College Akoka).

Here's a list of Federal technical colleges on NABTEB's website.

http://www.nabtebnigeria.org/federal.htm
Re: Fashola Commissions First Engineering Academy In Nigeria by Odunnu: 7:52am On Aug 02, 2012
Eko Ile:

So all the fashola commission this and that projects we post on NL everyday were not second term projects? Well, you dont know the difference between your head and your toes because your useless governors are get to commission even bore hole since last decade.....
Borehole? shocked shocked
Not when Nigeria is outgrowing such!

(1) (Reply)

Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Lagos / Sex Video Sacandal: Osun State University Lecturer Says Truth Will Be Uncovered / See How UNIPORT Is Being Transformed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.