Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,901 members, 7,817,667 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:48 PM

Webmasters Of Africa Marks A Major Milestone - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Webmasters Of Africa Marks A Major Milestone (757 Views)

8 Major Factors To Consider When Purchasing A Domain Name / Two Major Challenges Bloggers Face In Nigeria / Internet Reaches A Milestone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Webmasters Of Africa Marks A Major Milestone by my2cents(m): 11:16pm On Dec 14, 2007
Sorry guys but my recent trip to Nigeria coupled with returning to meet a heavy workload made me almost forget to make this announcement:

On December 4, Webmasters of Africa (WOA) turned 1. In this period of time, a lot has transpired. Among others:

1) Total membership: 151
2) WOA was advertised on radio in Lagos and Akwa Ibom in December 2007
3) Many members have written to tell me they have been contacted by potential clients to submit Requests for Proposal. Even I have been contacted.
4) On a daily basis, the "Find a Webmaster" section receives the most traffic
5) A newsletter, with tips, tricks and stats is mailed out at least once every other month
6) Many have had their coding questions answered
7) I have had the opportunity to communicate/network with many developers.

Considering this site was my first PHP website, it is near-and-dear to my heart. I must say I am impressed that many have found the site useful enough for them to want to register. Membership numbers may be low, but I would rather have 151 serious-minded individuals than 2 million members, most of whom have nothing to offer.

Could the site use some improvement? Sure. I welcome your input. Since I am swamped with work, I may not get to it right away and/or may not implement it if I feel the effort it will take to do it won't justify the benefits. That notwithstanding, don't feel discouraged to let me know what you think.

To those who have registered, thanks. To those sitting on the fence, you have nothing to lose. Please spread the word and send me any comments/suggestions/criticisms you may have. Deep in my heart, I know that one day, it will definitely be the port-of-call for all those seeking webmasters of African descent for their various web projects. As they say, slow and steady wins the race.

Thanks, and here's to the success of WOA and its members!!
Re: Webmasters Of Africa Marks A Major Milestone by smartsoft(m): 11:36pm On Dec 14, 2007
thumbs up man ! i feel you
Re: Webmasters Of Africa Marks A Major Milestone by niyyie(m): 9:50am On Dec 16, 2007
wink I'm one of 'em fence-sitters but I'd say more grease to your elbow.

(1) (Reply)

Dont Dare Read This / Web/graphic Designer Needed. / Pls Can Someone Help Me On Programming & Webdesighning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.