Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,134 members, 7,821,875 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:42 PM

Most Number Of Goals Scored In A Single Match - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Most Number Of Goals Scored In A Single Match (1880 Views)

Nigerian Footballers That Scored A Brace In A Single Match At The Epl / What Is The Highest Number Of Goals Ever Scored In A Football Match? / Expect Harvest Of Goals Against Rwanda – Keshi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Most Number Of Goals Scored In A Single Match by EssienEmmanuel(m): 1:45pm On Aug 02, 2012
When a footballer scores two goals in a game, we call it a brace and praise such for doing so...
If he scores 3 goals in game, we call it a hat trick and speak highly of him...
Lionel Messi scored four goals in a single match during the UEFA Champions league match against Bayer Leverkusen and people just couldn't stop speaking well of him.

What will we now say of this amazing footballer that scored a whopping 16 goals in a single match?
Yes you heard me right!!

In 1942, during a cup match, Stephan Stanis of France scored a total of 16 goals.
His team Racing Club De Lens won the game and this wonderful player provided 16 of the goals scored.

Funny enough, people thought that record was one that would be unbroken for years.
Just four years ago, Panagiotis Pontikos of Olympos Xylofagou the same feat on May 8, 2008 against SEK Ayios Athanasios F.C

Unbelievable right? shocked

source:http://www.itisagoal.com

(1) (Reply)

Eagles Dressing Room Gist (pic) / Ronaldo: I'm In The Best Form Of My Life / 9 Most Overrated Players In World Football Right Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.