Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,333 members, 7,867,948 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 07:56 AM

Akingbola Replies;not Guilty And Court Has Not Ordered Me To Pay Mone Y - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akingbola Replies;not Guilty And Court Has Not Ordered Me To Pay Mone Y (477 Views)

Okorocha: God Will Judge Politicians,pastors And Court Judges First / FRA Williams On Buhari And Court Orders: Has Buhari Changed? / Dasuki: GEJ Ordered Me To Share N10Billion To PDP Delegates - Saharareporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Akingbola Replies;not Guilty And Court Has Not Ordered Me To Pay Mone Y by samguru(m): 3:17pm On Aug 02, 2012
In a statement on the UK judgement, the media aide to former Intercontinental Bank chief, Erastus Akingbola, Charles Nwagwu, said: “We are disappointed with the judgment, which is at variance with all evidence at the hearing. Our lawyers have, therefore, been instructed to pursue an appeal of the judgment as well as consider all further legal options.

“May we also clarify that the judgment did not order Dr Akingbola to pay any sum of money as at today, contrary to claims in the media reports.

“This civil case in London is the fourth variant of the various cases in the Nigerian courts emanating from the forceful take-over and subsequent sharing of the assets of Intercontinental Bank and the ruthless suppression of any opposition.

“Dr Akingbola restates his innocence and is determined to clear his name. He remains confident that the judicial system will eventually vindicate him.”

(1) (Reply)

Does Fg Ever Take A Bold Step Such As This In Sanctioning Tax Defaulters? / RE: South Africa Mine Shooting Leaves Dozens Killed / Reply To Reuben Abati: The President Nigerians Know.....by Paul Adepoju.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.