Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,821,992 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:08 AM

FRA Williams On Buhari And Court Orders: Has Buhari Changed? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FRA Williams On Buhari And Court Orders: Has Buhari Changed? (22557 Views)

Okorocha: God Will Judge Politicians,pastors And Court Judges First / Disobedience Of Court Orders Has Bear It’s First Fruit (tompolo) / What Has Buhari's Administration Achieved This Year? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

FRA Williams On Buhari And Court Orders: Has Buhari Changed? by agabaI23(m): 6:09am On Jan 11, 2016
We must continue to educate the Technical Chief Justice of Nigeria, Muhammadu Buhari. Let all the jollof rice eaters draw his attention to this case.
Chief Emeka Ojukwu V. Federal Military Government of Lagos State 1985.
Intro- it is not news that the abandoned property thing took place in Lagos. Do not be fooled by the Lagos Media who made it look like it was an Ijaw or ikwerre thing. David Mark oversaw that evil deed.
The above decision therefore was part of the issues decided in the case filed by the ex biafran lord against the military government of Lagos State to recover his properties, wherein the executive military governor failed to comply with the orders of the court which prompted chief F.R.A Williams, counsel to Ojukwu to enter a preliminaru objection. Whatever was said in this case is what buhari is all about. Point of note is that it was not said by me.
Chief Williams emphasised the deliberate disobedience of the order of the Court of Appeal by the Lagos State Government and that that Government was in contempt of the Court of Appeal.
Held:
I think it is a very serious matter for anyone to flout a positive order of a court and proceed to taunt the Court further by seeking a remedy in a higher court while still in contempt of the lower court.
It is more serious when the act of flouting the order of the court, the contempt of the court, is by the Executive. Under the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, 1979, the Executive, the Legislative (while it lasts) and the Judiciary are equal partners in the running of a successful government.
The powers granted by the Constitution to these organs by s.4 (Legislative powers) s.5 (executive powers) and s.6 (judicial powers) are classified under an omnibus umbrella known under Part 11 to the Constitution as “Powers of the Federal Republic of Nigeria”.
The organs wield those powers and one must never exist in sabotage of the other or else there is chaos. Indeed there will be no federal government. I think, for one organ, and more especially the Executive, which holds all the physical powers, to put up itself in sabotage or deliberate contempt of the other is to stage an executive subversion of the Constitution it is to uphold. Executive lawlessness tantamount to a deliberate violation of the Constitution.
When the Executive is the Military Government which blends both the Executive and the Legislative together and which permits the Judiciary to co-exist with it in the administration of the country, then it is more serious than imagined.
By virtue of the Constitution (Suspension Modification) Decree 1984 No. 1 a good number of the provisions of the Constitution were suspended. Indeed, what was left was what had been permitted by the Federal Military Government to exist.
All the provisions relating to the Judiciary were saved. Section 6 of the Constitution, the most important provision, in so far as the institution known as the Judiciary is concerned, which vests in courts the judicial powers of the Federation was left extant. The Military Government had the power and still has to put an end to the existence of that provision, It has not done so, and that must have been advisedly for it does intend that the rule of law should pervade.
It is the clearest indication against rule by Tyranny, by sheer force of arms against a presumption subjecting the nation to the rule of might as against rule of right.
That being the case, it behoves of every organ of the Military Government to make it clear at all times, albeit as the presumption is always that of rule by might of the military, to assume a perennial onus of demonstrating a rebuttal of this onus.
With the contempt of the Court of Appeal by the Applicants still subsisting, it would he inequitable for this Court to give a consideration to the application of the Applicants. Let the Lagos State Government purge itself of this serious contempt, of this apparent violation of the Constitution even as amended by Decree No. 1 of 1984 before coming to seek the favour of the Court.
-------------------
When will Buhari purge himself of contempt of the court?

https://www.facebook.com/onyeabo.ifeyinwa/posts/10207733524352584

To my friends, has Buhari changed? Is he now the born again Democrat like he claimed? modath, theVoice, lalasticlala

16 Likes

Re: FRA Williams On Buhari And Court Orders: Has Buhari Changed? by OrlandoOwoh(m): 6:19am On Jan 11, 2016
Are you confused? It's the Military Government of Lagos State that is being castigated here for not obeying court orders, why rope in Buhari? It's Gbolahan Mudasiru you've problem with, not PMB.

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FRA Williams On Buhari And Court Orders: Has Buhari Changed? by Nobody: 6:38am On Jan 11, 2016
Dull@rdinho want to phait kworrupsion, but he routinely (and corruptly) disobeys court orders and other legal matters grin grin

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/1668858.stm

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: FRA Williams On Buhari And Court Orders: Has Buhari Changed? by PASCHAL28: 7:00am On Jan 11, 2016
Why Buhari Is Right In Detaining Nnamdi Kanu And Dasuki.... The Position Of Law

Ever since some law courts admitted former National Security Adviser Col. Sambo Dasuki (rtd.) and Biafra agitator Nnamdi Kanu to bail and they were not promptly released, there has been lots of hot air released, either backing or attacking their continued detention.

Today, I write to say that I think President Muhammadu Buhari (PMB) and the Federal Government are right in law, contrary to the loud crowd’s assertion of ‘human rights’. first, let me state it clearly here, I am not against anybody nor group. I am an Igbo man from Agu-ukwu Nri in Anaocha Local Govt of Anambra State. but we must always do things in accordance with the laws of the land.

The detention of Col. Sambo Dasuki (rtd.) and Nnamdi Kanu has generated a lot of debate and even criticisms against the Federal Government and the person of the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, Muhammadu Buhari (PMB). These criticisms reached their peak after the President’s responses to some questions on the issue in his maiden presidential media chat of Wednesday December 30. Some legal luminaries and human rights activists vehemently contend that the Government violated court orders granting the said accused persons bail.

The Vanguard of Monday January 4 reported several senior lawyers, including the current NBA president, contending that the Government is guilty of disregarding court orders on the issue. Some argue that the Federal Government should have released Kanu or deported him after seven days. These critics have turned the trial of the duo into the trial of the State that is accusing them. I put it to 2/3 of Our so called lawyers even those in the rank of SANs that they do not know the true position of our laws. most of them who claim to be so good and sound in the field of law do not know the law itself. Even the ones claiming to be standing for Nnamdi Kanu and Dasuki do not know the true position of laws of the land.

The one million dollar question now begging for answer is therefore: Is the Federal Government really in breach of Court Orders? The answer to this question is NO. Let me say outright here that the President’s opinion on this matter is in accord with the judgement of the Supreme Court in Dokubo-Asari v. F.R.N. (2007) All FWLR (Pt. 375) p. 558 where the Supreme Court held at page 585 thus:

“…Where national security is threatened or there is the real likelihood of it being threatened, human rights or the individual rights of those responsible take second place. Human rights or individual rights must be suspended until the national security can be protected or well taken care of. This is not anything new. The corporate existence of Nigeria as a united, harmonious, indivisible and indissoluble sovereign nation is certainly greater than any citizen’s liberty or right.”

This is the law as enunciated by a unanimous decision of the apex court of the land during Yar'dua regime. The law is what the courts say it is, and not what we see in statute books. Therefore, PMB’s opinion on this matter is more in tandem with the spirit of the constitution and the law than that of those senior legal minds and human rights activists.
It is true Kanu was granted bail on October 17. On the day he claimed to have perfected his bail conditions, he was already too late as the Attorney General of the Federation (AGF) had already filed a fresh six-count charge against him. Thus, in law, Kanu was released on bail for the earlier charges and then re-arrested on the new charges, which charge sheet was served on him the day he perfected those conditions.

When Kanu was arraigned on the fresh charges before Justice Ahmed Mohammed of the Federal High Court, he declined to enter his plea and objected to the jurisdiction of the court to try him, accusing the judge of bias. Consequently, the judge rightly disqualified himself and remitted the case file to the Chief Judge for redirection.

Like Kanu, Dasuki and three others were arraigned before the High Court of the Federal Capital Territory by the EFCC on a 19-count charge bordering on money laundering and criminal breach of trust. On December 18 Dasuki and others were granted bail on the said 19-count charge. The former NSA perfected his bail conditions and was released on bail. Later, the government found fresh pieces of evidence against him and he was re-arrested and re-arraigned on a 22-count charge.

He was again granted bail and, after his release, the government re-arrested him at the gate of the court on yet another fresh set of charges.

The law is settled that any bail granted an accused is completely related to the offence(s) for which he is charged. So, if after he has been granted bail the prosecution charges him for another offence for which no bail has been granted and no plea taken, then the accused can be re-arrested.

Some of the lawyers seem to have admitted this leg of the argument. However, the problem they seem to have is the timing of the re-arrest. They opine that even though the Government has a right to re-arrest them on fresh charges, that should not come immediately after release. They further reason that the FG should have lumped the charges together instead of bringing them piecemeal.

Again, these submissions are without any basis. It is within the exclusive prerogative of the prosecution (and not anybody else) to decide whether, when and how to charge accused persons. In these matters, the AGF is the law unto himself! He is not subject to the control of anyone as far as the exercise of his powers is concerned. See State v. S.O. Ilori & 2 others (1983) 2 S.C. 155 and Amaefule v. State (1988) 2 NWLR (part 75) page 156.

One lawyer argued that Kanu should have been released after seven days of detention or deported from Nigeria in accordance with the Immigration Act. The lawyer even initiated an online petition on December 31 calling on the President to resign from office or be impeached for the alleged breaches. It was countered by another petition of Buhari supporters on www.ipetition.com <http://www.ipetition.com>. At the time of writing (noon Friday January cool, the anti-Buharis have gathered 2,997 signatures in 9 days while the pro-Buharis have gathered 12,343 in 5 days, and still counting.

This aside, is seven days detention and/or deportation the punishments for the offence Kanu is charged with? Kanu is facing a 6-count charge, one of which is treason. By section 41 (c) of the CCA, treason is a capital offence which attracts the Death Sentence. It is a matter of common knowledge that Kanu has threatened to wage war against Nigeria and has taken several steps to make his threat real.

Dasuki, on the other hand, is charged with crimes bordering misappropriation of funds set aside for the procurement of arms to battle the Boko Haram insurgency and illegal possession of firearms. Furthermore, there is the fear he may jump bail; in fact he has said he wants to jet out to receive ‘medical attention’ abroad; the habit of many a high profile figure charged with crime.

And could the opinion of the President in the said media chat influence the judge? It depends: for some judges it may make no difference; for some, it may influence the judge against the accused persons; for yet others, it may influence them in favour of the accused persons (true for judges who want to assert their authority and independence). There is no certainty as to whether and in which way the influence of that opinion goes.

So, finally, we resort again to the Supreme Court “Where national security is threatened…individual rights of those responsible take second place...” and say PMB is right by law. At this point, I am calling on my Igbo brothers to come back home. Let us reason on the way forward. Violence does not pay. I call upon the wife of Late Ikemba Ndi Igbo as a matter of urgency to build a sound and digital Library for Ikemba if it at Nnewi His Country Home or at Enugu where people mostly the younger generation who did not witness the Civil war to know more and equally to tap from what went wrong in the past and the way forward. Before 2011 elections, when IBB visited Ojukwu at His Residence before the Northern Elders did mock primaries between Atiku and IBB, Ojukwu addressed Ndi Igbo urging us to support the Northerners. what happened the press statement. I will come up with issue and many more at appropriate time. I rest my case.

63 Likes 4 Shares

Re: FRA Williams On Buhari And Court Orders: Has Buhari Changed? by mysteriousman(m): 7:03am On Jan 11, 2016
The day you are tag a threat to national security your case don finish, you don enter one chance
At the end if the day when I see where nigeria us in the next few years I'll then pass my judgement on Buhari

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FRA Williams On Buhari And Court Orders: Has Buhari Changed? by cckris: 7:05am On Jan 11, 2016
agabaI23:

To my friends, has Buhari changed? Is he now the born again Democrat like he claimed? modath, theVoice, lalasticlala
General Buhari is now a MORE BRUTAL TYRANT than in the military regime, when hot-headed MAJORS could always take him out.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: FRA Williams On Buhari And Court Orders: Has Buhari Changed? by Bevista: 7:28am On Jan 11, 2016
It is true Kanu was granted bail on October 17. On the day he claimed to have perfected his bail conditions, he was already too late as the Attorney General of the Federation (AGF) had already filed a fresh six-count charge against him. Thus, in law, Kanu was released on bail for the earlier charges and then re-arrested on the new charges, which charge sheet was served on him the day he perfected those conditions.
@OP, pardon my ignorance on legal matters. I would like clarification based on the quoted text above:
---
Does filing of charges in a law court gives the government the right to arrest citizens? Don't they need to obtain a warrant of arrest?

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: FRA Williams On Buhari And Court Orders: Has Buhari Changed? by freeze001(f): 7:29am On Jan 11, 2016
Paschal28 stop spamming every thread with ur lies. Anything or anyone subjected to the jurisdiction of the court is bound to obey every order of court on the subject matter. This op is a direct pronouncement of the Supreme Court during an era as lawless as the military regime, how much more now!

Buhari doesn't get to pick and choose. He is by law prohibited from declaring a person guilty. That is for the courts to decide upon interpretation of extant laws of the land not by personal reasoning. Soon u will come up with how he is also right to sit on Zakzaky for almost a month now without any trial or even a statement on his wellbeing.

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: FRA Williams On Buhari And Court Orders: Has Buhari Changed? by theV0ice: 12:11am On Jan 14, 2016
agabaI23:

grin grin

my dear friend, have you not taken time to read my signature?

If i ever imagined he could be a 'madam' like GEJ, i wouldn't have campaigned for him o. I hope he remains a tyrant.

Chinua Achebe mouthed the proverb below in that evergreen classic ''Things Fall Apart''

Eleke nti oba the bird said since the sons of men have learnt to shoot without missing, he too has learnt to fly without perching

The average Nigerian politician is an ANIMAL and if he's treated like one, i have no sympathy today neither will i develop any for him tomorrow.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FRA Williams On Buhari And Court Orders: Has Buhari Changed? by agabaI23(m): 9:44am On Jan 14, 2016
theV0ice:

grin grin

If i ever imagined he could be a 'madam' like GEJ, i wouldn't have campaigned for him o. I hope he remains a tyrant.

Chinua Achebe mouthed the proverb below in that evergreen classic ''Things Fall Apart''

Eleke nti oba the bird said since the sons of men have learnt to shoot without missing, he too has learnt to fly without perching

The average Nigerian politician is an ANIMAL and if he's treated like one, i have no sympathy today neither will i develop any for him tomorrow.

Well your answer means he is still the soldier and the dictator. I would have preferred he acted like a democrat. Many of the campaign promises have been shown to be mere rhetorics. It is bad enough when you get such from a politician but worse when politician is Buhari, the self acclaimed Mr integrity.

9 Likes

Re: FRA Williams On Buhari And Court Orders: Has Buhari Changed? by theV0ice: 2:40pm On Jan 14, 2016
agabaI23:
Well your answer means he is still the soldier and the dictator. I would have preferred he acted like a democrat. Many of the campaign promises have been shown to be mere rhetorics. It is bad enough when you get such from a politician but worse when politician is Buhari, the self acclaimed Mr integrity.

grin grin

Relax my friend. GEJ was touting himself as a modern day Lee Kuan Yew and you guys were lapping it up. I guess non took time to read up on the tough former soldier who changed the fortunes of Singapore. China is threatening America's position as greatest economy in the world due largely to the pioneering work of Mao Zedong but would you decide to close your eyes to his toughness and ruthlessness in dealing with the stumbling blocks he encountered on his way?

I guess Obama forgot America was a democracy when 8 years after his promise to close Guantanamo, the place of horror is still flourishing? Its hilarious seeing republicans call the 'sissy' from kenya a dictator. I guess they want all the nursery school kids to finish dying before they'll support an executive action on guns. Desperate times need desperate and tough folks and we are in such times.

Once again my friend, Buhari didn't win because Nigerians thought he'll be another duck like GEJ. Nigerians voted for him because they wanted a Buhari who will make thieving politicians shed tears of pain and I WILL BOLDLY SAY HE HAS BROKEN NO LAW IN THIS WAR. He has simply learnt how to fly without perching. A judiciary that jails a phone thief for 40 years but fines a N30B pension thief of N750k cannot fight for Nigerians in a battle against thieves without a Jerry Rawlings or a chairman Mao.

See Metuh in his glory below

http://www.gbooza.com/group/nigeriapolitics/forum/topics/pdp-chieftain-metuh-embroiled

I guess the term "rule of law" hadn't been invented then?

My dear friend, concerning these politicians, Buhari has my support to break every law in the constitution angry

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FRA Williams On Buhari And Court Orders: Has Buhari Changed? by modath(f): 2:55pm On Jan 14, 2016
ThevOice...

Over correct you, see why I adopted you as my E-bros.. wink

@ Agabai23,

My bros don answer for the 2 of us, nothing to add... You still my gee though.

1 Like

Re: FRA Williams On Buhari And Court Orders: Has Buhari Changed? by themilanway(m): 3:29pm On Jan 14, 2016
Dasuki and his ilks can rot in jail for all I care.

Nigeria at the moment needs a TRYANT or DICTATOR like Buhari.

The judiciary is a big joke,its the only reason Metuh,Dokepsi and co are bragging and making mouth.

In a saner clime,they will seriously be reaching out to the president via plea bargain.

Nonsense.

3 Likes

Re: FRA Williams On Buhari And Court Orders: Has Buhari Changed? by agabaI23(m): 2:28pm On Jan 15, 2016
modath:

ThevOice...

@ Agabai23,

Oh you had no answer to my mention until my friend apparently came to speak for you? A sign that we all agree that there is something wrong.

2 Likes

Re: FRA Williams On Buhari And Court Orders: Has Buhari Changed? by agabaI23(m): 2:35pm On Jan 15, 2016
theV0ice:

grin grin

Relax my friend. GEJ was touting himself as a modern day Lee Kuan Yew and you guys were lapping it up. I guess non took time to read up on the tough former soldier who changed the fortunes of Singapore. China is threatening America's position as greatest economy in the world due largely to the pioneering work of Mao Zedong but would you decide to close your eyes to his toughness and ruthlessness in dealing with the stumbling blocks he encountered on his way?

I guess Obama forgot America was a democracy when 8 years after his promise to close Guantanamo, the place of horror is still flourishing? Its hilarious seeing republicans call the 'sissy' from kenya a dictator. I guess they want all the nursery school kids to finish dying before they'll support an executive action on guns. Desperate times need desperate and tough folks and we are in such times.

Once again my friend, Buhari didn't win because Nigerians thought he'll be another duck like GEJ. Nigerians voted for him because they wanted a Buhari who will make thieving politicians shed tears of pain and I WILL BOLDLY SAY HE HAS BROKEN NO LAW IN THIS WAR. He has simply learnt how to fly without perching. A judiciary that jails a phone thief for 40 years but fines a N30B pension thief of N750k cannot fight for Nigerians in a battle against thieves without a Jerry Rawlings or a chairman Mao.

See Metuh in his glory below

http://www.gbooza.com/group/nigeriapolitics/forum/topics/pdp-chieftain-metuh-embroiled

I guess the term "rule of law" hadn't been invented then?

My dear friend, concerning these politicians, Buhari has my support to break every law in the constitution angry

The people you mentioned were outright dictators. Yes We have other dictators who held things down for their country like Ghadaffi until he was deposed.

In those cases, they never claimed to be born again democrats. They told America to shove their democracy into their pieholes.

But here, we are talking about someone who claimed to be a changed person and after he was voted in decided to live out the life of his 1984 administration.

Don't forget that for every dictator that got it right, there at least 20 others that get it wrong. I can count so many for you in Africa before going to Far East. Mugabe easily comes to mind. Burundi is boiling, Congo DR etc.

A lawless society hardly progresses. Do not support illegality get you outa a corner wink

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: FRA Williams On Buhari And Court Orders: Has Buhari Changed? by agabaI23(m): 3:05pm On Jan 15, 2016
http://authorityngr.com/2016/01/In-Kano-Buhari-s-supporters-continue-to-groan-for-change/

Kano, the commercial nerve cen­tre of the North, and arguably, the heart of northern Nige­ria politics witnessed a number of so­cial, political and economic activities in 2015. The major one among them was, indeed, the 2015 general elections and the emotion and passion that followed the presidential aspect of the elections that finally saw President Muhammadu Buhari defeating Goodluck Ebele Jon­athan who was the incumbent. Though President Buhari hails from Daura, in the neighbouring Katsina state, it is, in­deed, a well-known fact that Kano re­mains his political stronghold where he gained support from across all classes of people, ethnicity and religion. The common man known as the Talaka in Kano invested almost everything to en­sure that Buhari emerged the president. 'Change',the slogan of the All Progres­sive Congress (APC) on which platform Buhari climbed to power added spice to his victory and what people expect­ed from him.

To the man on the street, once Bu­hari became President, everything about Nigeria would change. Money will flow, the price of foodstuff, petroleum prod­ucts, and other daily provisions would come down. Electric power would be steady, water would flow and the wild gulf between the rich and the poor would disappear. But seven months af­ter, the ordinary man on the street of Kano believes that things are rather get­ting worse. Malam Abdullahi Isah who sells foodstuff in Abubakar Rimi market almost cried when he narrated how he ensured that every member of his fam­ily voted for President Buhari with the hope that as the Mai Gaskiya (a man of truth), things would rather get bet­ter when he gets there, “but I feel very disappointed that as I am speaking with you, I have not noticed any change be­cause we are not feeling it for the bet­ter. Things are very hard; my children no longer go to school because there is no money to feed not to talk of paying for their school fees. When we voted for President Buhari, we thought that by now, every Nigerian will have no cause to complain, but I am surprised the way things are going.”

The traders are not alone in lament­ing the effects of the local economy which many have agreed are not friendly. When The AU­THORITY visited WAPA, a major Bureau De Change mar­ket in Kano that serves not only the neighbouring states in the North, but other neighbouring countries like Niger, the mon­ey changers were practically lamenting bad market. Alhaji Musa Bako, Secretary of Hara­mat Travel, Tours and Bureau De Change Nigeria Limited captured the mood in the en­tire market. “As you can see, ev­erywhere is dry. The money is not flowing. We have not had it worse than this,” he lament­ed, insisting that many peo­ple who invested their votes in President Buhari’s victory are beginning to wonder whether they made a mistake. “I voted for APC, I voted for President Buhari but I am not happy the way things are going because people are suffering.”

Alhaji Musa believes that some of the policies of Presi­dent Buhari’s administration are not friendly for the local market. “For instance, between 2013 to 2014 when one Dol­lar sold at between N150 and N160, things were flowing,. You can use your Naira and buy as much Dollar as you wish to buy from the CBN and other bank; and sell to the local market and make your gains; but the case is not the same today. Do you be­lieve that as I am speaking to you, you cannot buy more than $50, 000 in a day? That, I un­derstand is a matter of govern­ment policy, but I want to tell you that such policy is gross­ly affecting our market. We no longer make gains. You can buy dollar from the bank at the cost of N270 from a bank but before nightfall, you will be surprised that the same Dollar has fallen to N260 at the open market. So, you understand that there is no gain in the business anymore.”

However, even though, peo­ple are complaining in Kano, the state Deputy Governor, Prof. Hafiz Abubakar, at the eve of handing over programme in May last year, cautioned peo­ple to tighten their belt, insist­ing that the economy in the months ahead would not be friendly. Prof. Hafiz Abubakar solicited for the understand­ing of the people of the state, just as he stated that the state treasury is in a sorry state. Prof. Hafiz said that, “the state has a very huge challenge to con­tend with in terms of finances in both state and local govern­ment levels. The people should bear with us. We have already started the austerity journey.”

He noted that between 2011 and 2015, Kano state received N419.975 billion from the federation account, while the money allocated to the Local Governments within the period under review stood at 346.591 billion. He further stated that out of this figure, the state gov­ernment expended N418.168 billion, while expenditure re­corded from the Local Gov­ernment allocation was N329 billion. The Committee chair­man also stated that previous administration completed 4019 projects, with an outstanding balance of N105 billion as re­gards the 2715 on-going proj­ects, while it inherited 671 projects from the past admin­istration, with over N30 billion debt from its predecessor. He said Kano state has about 143, 380 personnel , employed ad­ditional 10, 000 youths while 7,494 youths recently employed into the service of the govern­ment are yet to be reflected in the payroll with salary arrears amounting to N789 million. The report of the Committee also indicated that about N20 unpaid vouchers are already ly­ing at the Ministry of Finance, with N4.402 Billion pension li­abilities.

Worse of it all is that people in Kano continue to lament the inability of President Buhari’s administration to ensure the steady availability of petroleum products. Throughout the last lap of 2015 up to this month, availability of petroleum prod­ucts has become a challenge to Kano, just like other states. It has become so worrisome that people now patronize make-shift filling stations on the roadsides where the prod­ucts are sold at exorbitant pric­es, owing to the scarcity of the product in conventional filling stations. Alhaji Mohammed Aliyu, a tricycle operator told The AUTHORITY that buying a gallon of fuel at N850 in the black market has really affect­ed his daily budget. “Even when you hike the transport fare, you will still go home complaining because you cannot meet up. Right now, I tell you that most people have resorted to trek­king when the distance is not too far, unlike before when a passenger can pop in and give you N50 for a short drop. So, I must tell you that things are really difficult. I voted for Bu­hari, I voted for change, but I am yet to see the dividends of the change. Please tell Presi­dent Buhari to change gear for the interest of the masses. He should be more concerned with policies that will affect the ev­eryday life of the masses posi­tively,” he lamented.

Be that as it may, The AU­THORITY reports that figures and economic policies mean almost nothing to the ordi­nary man in Kano who grap­ples with the realities of provid­ing daily meals for his family, paying school fees, house rents, electricity and water bills in an economy that is yet to yield fa­vourable fruit to the masses. Though President Buhari got up to two million votes from Kano, another check by The AUTHORITY indicates that his popularity in the ancient com­mercial city has continued to dwindle owing to the fact that seven months after, the mass­es who voted him into power complain bitterly that nothing has changed, yet.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: FRA Williams On Buhari And Court Orders: Has Buhari Changed? by modath(f): 3:14pm On Jan 15, 2016
agabaI23:
Oh you had no answer to my mention until my friend apparently came to speak for you? A sign that we all agree that there is something wrong.

You know quite well e never reach make a dey fear to talk my mind, just don't see why you & I should continue to flog the same dead horse we've been on since most of these kids here been in junior high, hence the waka pass.... wink

Our political leanings are on different wave lengths,never gonna meet! 5+yrs me know you oo. cheesy

1 Like

Re: FRA Williams On Buhari And Court Orders: Has Buhari Changed? by LordAdam: 3:34pm On Jan 15, 2016
theV0ice:

grin grin

I am not surprised that most APC zombies would rather return to pre-1999 military rule and its numerous gaffes/excesses than stay in a modern democracy with a respect for rule of law.

I will leave you with this quote by Benjamin Franklin

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

To add, "nor will they receive any."

Two wrongs don't make a right. It is morally wrong to become a leader through democracy and act as though autocracy gave you the power.

Posterity will judge wolves and hypocrites like you for imposing a man that insults the Nigerian constitution, our democracy, and our pride because of misplaced hate of a select few.

Anything worth doing is worth doing well/right!!!

cc Omenka, Passingshot, modath, NgeneUkwenu

-Lord

12 Likes

Re: FRA Williams On Buhari And Court Orders: Has Buhari Changed? by agabaI23(m): 3:49pm On Jan 15, 2016
modath:

You know quite well e never reach make a dey fear to talk my mind, just don't see why you & I should continue to flog the same dead horse we've been on since most of these kids here been in junior high, hence the waka pass.... wink

Our political leanings are on different wave lengths,never gonna meet! 5+yrs me know you oo. cheesy
lol
How body and the pikin?
Re: FRA Williams On Buhari And Court Orders: Has Buhari Changed? by DerideGull(m): 3:53pm On Jan 15, 2016
PASCHAL28:
Why Buhari Is Right In Detaining Nnamdi Kanu And Dasuki.... The Position Of Law

Ever since some law courts admitted former National Security Adviser Col. Sambo Dasuki (rtd.) and Biafra agitator Nnamdi Kanu to bail and they were not promptly released, there has been lots of hot air released, either backing or attacking their continued detention.

Today, I write to say that I think President Muhammadu Buhari (PMB) and the Federal Government are right in law, contrary to the loud crowd’s assertion of ‘human rights’. first, let me state it clearly here, I am not against anybody nor group. I am an Igbo man from Agu-ukwu Nri in Anaocha Local Govt of Anambra State. but we must always do things in accordance with the laws of the land.

The detention of Col. Sambo Dasuki (rtd.) and Nnamdi Kanu has generated a lot of debate and even criticisms against the Federal Government and the person of the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, Muhammadu Buhari (PMB). These criticisms reached their peak after the President’s responses to some questions on the issue in his maiden presidential media chat of Wednesday December 30. Some legal luminaries and human rights activists vehemently contend that the Government violated court orders granting the said accused persons bail.

The Vanguard of Monday January 4 reported several senior lawyers, including the current NBA president, contending that the Government is guilty of disregarding court orders on the issue. Some argue that the Federal Government should have released Kanu or deported him after seven days. These critics have turned the trial of the duo into the trial of the State that is accusing them. I put it to 2/3 of Our so called lawyers even those in the rank of SANs that they do not know the true position of our laws. most of them who claim to be so good and sound in the field of law do not know the law itself. Even the ones claiming to be standing for Nnamdi Kanu and Dasuki do not know the true position of laws of the land.

The one million dollar question now begging for answer is therefore: Is the Federal Government really in breach of Court Orders? The answer to this question is NO. Let me say outright here that the President’s opinion on this matter is in accord with the judgement of the Supreme Court in Dokubo-Asari v. F.R.N. (2007) All FWLR (Pt. 375) p. 558 where the Supreme Court held at page 585 thus:

“…Where national security is threatened or there is the real likelihood of it being threatened, human rights or the individual rights of those responsible take second place. Human rights or individual rights must be suspended until the national security can be protected or well taken care of. This is not anything new. The corporate existence of Nigeria as a united, harmonious, indivisible and indissoluble sovereign nation is certainly greater than any citizen’s liberty or right.”

This is the law as enunciated by a unanimous decision of the apex court of the land during Yar'dua regime. The law is what the courts say it is, and not what we see in statute books. Therefore, PMB’s opinion on this matter is more in tandem with the spirit of the constitution and the law than that of those senior legal minds and human rights activists.

When Kanu was arraigned on the fresh charges before Justice Ahmed Mohammed of the Federal High Court, he declined to enter his plea and objected to the jurisdiction of the court to try him, accusing the judge of bias. Consequently, the judge rightly disqualified himself and remitted the case file to the Chief Judge for redirection.

Like Kanu, Dasuki and three others were arraigned before the High Court of the Federal Capital Territory by the EFCC on a 19-count charge bordering on money laundering and criminal breach of trust. On December 18 Dasuki and others were granted bail on the said 19-count charge. The former NSA perfected his bail conditions and was released on bail. Later, the government found fresh pieces of evidence against him and he was re-arrested and re-arraigned on a 22-count charge.

He was again granted bail and, after his release, the government re-arrested him at the gate of the court on yet another fresh set of charges.

The law is settled that any bail granted an accused is completely related to the offence(s) for which he is charged. So, if after he has been granted bail the prosecution charges him for another offence for which no bail has been granted and no plea taken, then the accused can be re-arrested.

Some of the lawyers seem to have admitted this leg of the argument. However, the problem they seem to have is the timing of the re-arrest. They opine that even though the Government has a right to re-arrest them on fresh charges, that should not come immediately after release. They further reason that the FG should have lumped the charges together instead of bringing them piecemeal.

Again, these submissions are without any basis. It is within the exclusive prerogative of the prosecution (and not anybody else) to decide whether, when and how to charge accused persons. In these matters, the AGF is the law unto himself! He is not subject to the control of anyone as far as the exercise of his powers is concerned. See State v. S.O. Ilori & 2 others (1983) 2 S.C. 155 and Amaefule v. State (1988) 2 NWLR (part 75) page 156.

One lawyer argued that Kanu should have been released after seven days of detention or deported from Nigeria in accordance with the Immigration Act. The lawyer even initiated an online petition on December 31 calling on the President to resign from office or be impeached for the alleged breaches. It was countered by another petition of Buhari supporters on www.ipetition.com <http://www.ipetition.com>. At the time of writing (noon Friday January cool, the anti-Buharis have gathered 2,997 signatures in 9 days while the pro-Buharis have gathered 12,343 in 5 days, and still counting.

This aside, is seven days detention and/or deportation the punishments for the offence Kanu is charged with? Kanu is facing a 6-count charge, one of which is treason. By section 41 (c) of the CCA, treason is a capital offence which attracts the Death Sentence. It is a matter of common knowledge that Kanu has threatened to wage war against Nigeria and has taken several steps to make his threat real.

Dasuki, on the other hand, is charged with crimes bordering misappropriation of funds set aside for the procurement of arms to battle the Boko Haram insurgency and illegal possession of firearms. Furthermore, there is the fear he may jump bail; in fact he has said he wants to jet out to receive ‘medical attention’ abroad; the habit of many a high profile figure charged with crime.

And could the opinion of the President in the said media chat influence the judge? It depends: for some judges it may make no difference; for some, it may influence the judge against the accused persons; for yet others, it may influence them in favour of the accused persons (true for judges who want to assert their authority and independence). There is no certainty as to whether and in which way the influence of that opinion goes.

So, finally, we resort again to the Supreme Court “Where national security is threatened…individual rights of those responsible take second place...” and say PMB is right by law. At this point, I am calling on my Igbo brothers to come back home. Let us reason on the way forward. Violence does not pay. I call upon the wife of Late Ikemba Ndi Igbo as a matter of urgency to build a sound and digital Library for Ikemba if it at Nnewi His Country Home or at Enugu where people mostly the younger generation who did not witness the Civil war to know more and equally to tap from what went wrong in the past and the way forward. Before 2011 elections, when IBB visited Ojukwu at His Residence before the Northern Elders did mock primaries between Atiku and IBB, Ojukwu addressed Ndi Igbo urging us to support the Northerners. what happened the press statement. I will come up with issue and many more at appropriate time. I rest my case.

Per the bolded, not when the inalienable right of the accused is tramped upon.

8 Likes

Re: FRA Williams On Buhari And Court Orders: Has Buhari Changed? by modath(f): 5:55pm On Jan 15, 2016
agabaI23:
lol
How body and the pikin?

We all doing real good,not easy but trying to make better choices for each day... E go better, smiley

How u dey too...
Re: FRA Williams On Buhari And Court Orders: Has Buhari Changed? by theV0ice: 6:07pm On Jan 15, 2016
LordAdam:

I am not surprised that most APC zombies would rather return to pre-1999 military rule and its numerous gaffes/excesses than stay in a modern democracy with a respect for rule of law.

I will leave you with this quote by Benjamin Franklin

To add, "nor will they receive any."

Two wrongs don't make a right. It is morally wrong to become a leader through democracy and act as though autocracy gave you the power.

Posterity will judge wolves and hypocrites like you for imposing a man that insults the Nigerian constitution, our democracy, and our pride because of misplaced hate of a select few.

Anything worth doing is worth doing well/right!!!

cc Omenka, Passingshot, modath, NgeneUkwenu

-Lord

I'm not surprised that most irredeemably dishonest PDP Zombies like you wish us to continue to be at the mercy of 'judges' who give judgements like the examples below as your hate and bitterness about the daura mallam trumps everything in your existence

http://www.modernghana.com/print/445585/1/poverty-trap-as-elites-conspiracy.html

http://saharareporters.com/2009/12/06/peter-odilis-perpetual-injunction-justice-buba-queried-njc

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/118783-revealed-how-judge-who-freed-pension-thief-tricked-efcc.html

I leave you with these quotes by Lee Kuan Yew (whom you guys desperately wished GEJ could resemble), a first class law graduate of Fitzwilliam college who won the Fitzwilliam's Whitlock Prize and went on to be returned as prime minister of Singapore a record 6 times.

On opinion polls:

“I have never been overconcerned or obsessed with opinion polls or popularity polls. I think a leader who is, is a weak leader. If you are concerned with whether your rating will go up or down, then you are not a leader. You are just catching the wind ... you will go where the wind is blowing. And that’s not what I am in this for.”
Advertisement

“Between being loved and being feared, I have always believed Machiavelli was right. If nobody is afraid of me, I’m meaningless.”

“You take a poll of any people. What is it they want? The right to write an editorial as you like? They want homes, medicine, jobs, schools.”

On his iron-fisted governing style:

“Anybody who decides to take me on needs to put on knuckle-dusters. If you think you can hurt me more than I can hurt you, try. There is no way you can govern a Chinese society.”

“If you are a troublemaker... it’s our job to politically destroy you... Everybody knows that in my bag I have a hatchet, and a very sharp one. You take me on, I take my hatchet, we meet in the cul-de-sac.”

"Whoever governs Singapore must have that iron in him. Or give it up. This is not a game of cards."

On justice:

“We have to lock up people, without trial, whether they are communists, whether they are language chauvinists, whether they are religious extremists. If you don’t do that, the country would be in ruins.”

On micromanagement:

"I am often accused of interfering in the private lives of citizens. Yes, if I did not, had I not done that, we wouldn't be here today. And I say without the slightest remorse, that we wouldn't be here, we would not have made economic progress,

Posterity will judge criminals like you who refuse to fight for the thousands languishing in police cells and prisons while your 'hero' held sway like those in the link below but instead prefer to speak up for crooks who have ensured you are no better than a wailer with a keyboard and free browsing data

https://www.naij.com/62217.html

http://dailyindependentnig.com/2014/03/when-ex-guests-of-sars-recount-tales-of-horror/

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: FRA Williams On Buhari And Court Orders: Has Buhari Changed? by theV0ice: 6:09pm On Jan 15, 2016
agabaI23:
The people you mentioned were outright dictators. Yes We have other dictators who held things down for their country like Ghadaffi until he was deposed.

In those cases, they never claimed to be born again democrats. They told America to shove their democracy into their pieholes.

But here, we are talking about someone who claimed to be a changed person and after he was voted in decided to live out the life of his 1984 administration.

Don't forget that for every dictator that got it right, there at least 20 others that get it wrong. I can count so many for you in Africa before going to Far East. Mugabe easily comes to mind. Burundi is boiling, Congo DR etc.

A lawless society hardly progresses. Do not support illegality get you outa a corner wink

My dear friend, Lee Kuan Yew was a 6-time elected prime minister who was asked by his people to continue as Senior minister after stepping down in 1990 and he continued in that capacity for another 14 years. After stepping down again, he was made Minister-Mentor for another 7 years until his death.

This was a tough guy loved by his people despite the fact that most in the west considered him a harsh dictator who muzzled the media.

Buhari has broken no law with respect to any court injunction. There's no law that says a man can't be arrested for a crime after getting bail for another. Buhari isn't a dictator....He's simply a man who has refused to be cowed by the whimpering of crooks whose access to our yam barns have been curtailed.

Buhari's exams will come again in 2019. If you're still unsatisfied with his rule and i eventually become dissatisfied with it, we'll combine our PVC's to vote him out but until then, let the politicians who have stolen our commonwealth stew in their own juice.

They never had single pity for Nigerians, why should Nigerians pity them?

6 Likes

Re: FRA Williams On Buhari And Court Orders: Has Buhari Changed? by theV0ice: 6:34pm On Jan 15, 2016
modath:

ThevOice...

@ Agabai23,

My E-sister, how you dey jare?? grin

Trust the little one isn't too troublesome?

agabaI23 is one whose summons i can't ignore otherwise, i dey avoid these kind threads grin

Let Adeshina and Garba Shehu do the work for which they're being paid make me too focus on my own grin

1 Like

Re: FRA Williams On Buhari And Court Orders: Has Buhari Changed? by LordAdam: 8:16pm On Jan 15, 2016
theV0ice:

I'm not surprised that most irredeemably dishonest PDP Zombies like you wish us to continue to be at the mercy of 'judges' who give judgements like the examples below as your hate and bitterness about the daura mallam trumps everything in your existence

http://www.modernghana.com/print/445585/1/poverty-trap-as-elites-conspiracy.html

http://saharareporters.com/2009/12/06/peter-odilis-perpetual-injunction-justice-buba-queried-njc

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/118783-revealed-how-judge-who-freed-pension-thief-tricked-efcc.html

Stop being one-sided. The Judiciary needs a reform, sure, but when PMB took the oath, he swore to uphold the constitution. Since that is the case, he can impress on the Chief Justice to wade into the rot in his arm of government. Not flout court orders.

He is doing the wrong thing, the wrong way.

You are encouraging impunity, and I can affirmatively say that it will come to haunt you guys later. Already, Tompolo is flouting a court order. You cannot be the President and the Chief Justice of the Federation, it is not done.

I leave you with these quotes by Lee Kuan Yew (whom you guys desperately wished GEJ could resemble), a first class law graduate of Fitzwilliam college who won the Fitzwilliam's Whitlock Prize and went on to be returned as prime minister of Singapore a record 6 times.

Posterity will judge criminals like you who refuse to fight for the thousands languishing in police cells and prisons while your 'hero' held sway like those in the link below but instead prefer to speak up for crooks who have ensured you are no better than a wailer with a keyboard and free browsing data

https://www.naij.com/62217.html

http://dailyindependentnig.com/2014/03/when-ex-guests-of-sars-recount-tales-of-horror/

Swerve jor. Fine, Singapore is a developed nation today because of the stance of Lee Kuan Yew, but there are many problems with Singapore today. The opposition in Singapore is silent and demonstrations are frowned upon. That is not someone GEJ would want to model.

US, UK, Europe, Israel all became developed without the iron-fist.

Are you going to compare Hitler to PMB next? Hitler made Germany a World Power and massively sanitized the reckless German polity prior when he became a Fuhrer. Does that make him a saint?

You are comparing Lee whose iron-fist made sense in the 1980's with Jonathan who ruled in a time when the world is gravitating more towards democracy and the respect for rule of law.

Look at Libya? Why was Gadaffi removed, even though Libya was much better with him in power than now? Look at Mubarak and Egypt?

Iron-fists may have worked in the 80's, but not now. We are in the 21st century. If PMB continues like this, a revolt may start, and all the little gains we may have gained as a nation will be lost.

If you want iron-fist leadership, enter the military. Under civilian rule, there are established tenets that must be followed.

You are making a mockery of the system. So if a common market thief is caught, he or she should decline to argue his case because the Judiciary system is corrupt? Can you hear yourself.

You need to be shipped to North Korea since you like a tyrant. After what this country saw under Abacha, you still want a tyrant. How old are you?

Be careful what you wish for!!!

-Lord

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: FRA Williams On Buhari And Court Orders: Has Buhari Changed? by agabaI23(m): 8:25pm On Jan 15, 2016
theV0ice:

My dear friend, Lee Kuan Yew was a 6-time elected prime minister who was asked by his people to continue as Senior minister after stepping down in 1990 and he continued in that capacity for another 14 years. After stepping down again, he was made Minister-Mentor for another 7 years until his death.

This was a tough guy loved by his people despite the fact that most in the west considered him a harsh dictator who muzzled the media.

Buhari has broken no law with respect to any court injunction. There's no law that says a man can't be arrested for a crime after getting bail for another. Buhari isn't a dictator....He's simply a man who has refused to be cowed by the whimpering of crooks whose access to our yam barns have been curtailed.

Buhari's exams will come again in 2019. If you're still unsatisfied with his rule and i eventually become dissatisfied with it, we'll combine our PVC's to vote him out but until then, let the politicians who have stolen our commonwealth stew in their own juice.

They never had single pity for Nigerians, why should Nigerians pity them?

Before I move on, I don't have sympathy on any PDP politician especial Dasuki who was funding GEJ's opponent and the PDP guys who instead of campaigning pocketed the money meant for campaign. It is called Karma.

To be Honest, I know about LKY, his magical unorthodox transformation and I know he worked within the rule of law to ensure economic stability.

Lee's rule was criticised, particularly in the West, for curtailing civil liberties (public protests, media control) and bringing libel suits against political opponents. He argued that such disciplinary measures were necessary for political stability, which together with rule of law, were essential for economic progress

My friend, I am really not happy that you are comparing Buhari with this man
Lee graduated from Fitzwilliam College, Cambridge University, with a double starred-first-class honours in law. In 1950, he became a barrister of the Middle Temple and practised law until 195
A Cambridge graduate of law who entrenched meritocracy
In the process, he forged an effective system of meritocratic and highly efficient government and civil service
cannot be compared with Buhari who cannot produce his Cambridge WAEC certificate and openly combines cronyism and sectionalism as an effective means of oppression and division.

LKY was criticized for limiting civil liberty but he that effectively using the law.
his election was not funded by any looter, he became popular because of he was at the forefront of kicking Britain away. But here we have a British and American Puppet who is dragging us several steps back into the NEO-SLAVERY system controlled by the West.

Do not compare an apple and a rotten egg. wink

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: FRA Williams On Buhari And Court Orders: Has Buhari Changed? by agabaI23(m): 8:31pm On Jan 15, 2016
@theV0ice

The solution to the problem of the court and corrupt Judges in the confab recommendation which I know the APC will not implement. A lot of the issues we have today was address. The court, lawyers and Judges exploit the loophole in the 1999 Military hastely prepared constitution to escape justice.

To strengthen our Democracy, the best foot forward is to amend those sections and most of the sections were addressed.

Tell Buhari to implement the confab report angry grin

1 Like

Re: FRA Williams On Buhari And Court Orders: Has Buhari Changed? by agabaI23(m): 8:36pm On Jan 15, 2016
theV0ice

Mike Ugwonye was arrested for addressing Buhari disrespectfully, LKY would institute a libel suit if it was worth the hassles.
Re: FRA Williams On Buhari And Court Orders: Has Buhari Changed? by theV0ice: 9:17pm On Jan 15, 2016
agabaI23:

Before I move on, I don't have sympathy on any PDP politician especial Dasuki who was funding GEJ's opponent and the PDP guys who instead of campaigning pocketed the money meant for campaign. It is called Karma.

To be Honest, I know about LKY, his magical unorthodox transformation and I know he worked within the rule of law to ensure economic stability.

@the bold, i always laugh when i hear you say that. So Dasuki was funding Buhari's campaign right? I guess you also believe Diezani gave Buhari some money towards his election? my friend, i have no comment on this particular line of thought you've adopted wink

Will you see anything wrong if Buhari repeats LKY's statement below?

"I am often accused of interfering in the private lives of citizens. Yes, if I did not, had I not done that, we wouldn’t be here today"

My friend, I am really not happy that you are comparing Buhari with this man A Cambridge graduate of law who entrenched meritocracy cannot be compared with Buhari who cannot produce his Cambridge WAEC certificate and openly combines cronyism and sectionalism as an effective means of oppression and division.

It's not my fault or Buhari's fault that the constitution demands no more than a School Cert to qualify for President. It's also not Buhari's fault or my fault that Section 318 of the constitution also equates primary school leaving cert with Secondary school cert. I don't know how many Nigerians can produce a certificate they obtained in 1953.

LKY was criticized for limiting civil liberty but he that effectively using the law.
his election was not funded by any looter, he became popular because of he was at the forefront of kicking Britain away. But here we have a British and American Puppet who is dragging us several steps back into the NEO-SLAVERY system controlled by the West.

Do not compare an apple and a rotten egg. wink

cheesy cheesy

The puppet you were so sure would repeal the anti-gay law at Obama's request right? cheesy

The puppet who sought to embarrass Britain by kidnapping Dikko under the nose of British Intelligence right?

What did you say when he called the bluff of JP MORGAN and their index? What have you been saying since he's stubbornly refused to allow our currency to be devalued as all the international agencies controlled by the same Americans have been 'advising'? My friend, Buhari is nobody's puppet. Better than GEJ who was a puppet to PEJ, DIEZANI, DASUKI etc wink

See your model democrat, LKY again in his oratorical glory

"Freedom of the press, freedom of the news media, must be subordinated to the overriding needs of the integrity of Singapore, and to the primacy of purpose of an elected government."

"If you can’t force or are unwilling to force your people to follow you, with or without threats, you are not a leader."

"I always tried to be correct, not politically correct."

Do you think Buhari is allowed to say any of the above?

3 Likes

Re: FRA Williams On Buhari And Court Orders: Has Buhari Changed? by theV0ice: 9:22pm On Jan 15, 2016
agabaI23:
@theV0ice

The solution to the problem of the court and corrupt Judges in the confab recommendation which I know the APC will not implement. A lot of the issues we have today was address. The court, lawyers and Judges exploit the loophole in the 1999 Military hastely prepared constitution to escape justice.

To strengthen our Democracy, the best foot forward is to amend those sections and most of the sections were addressed.

Tell Buhari to implement the confab report angry grin

I wish he will agree to implement it.

But i wish the more that GEJ had done it before he left....That way we wouldn't have been at the mercy of the daura cattle rearer my friend loves to hate cry

However until then, the law enforcement agencies under Buhari and with the advice of erudite lawyers like Osinbajo, Sagay, Odekunle etc are getting a step ahead of the crooks and their corrupt lawyers. Under the circumstances, we'll manage it like that cheesy

2 Likes

Re: FRA Williams On Buhari And Court Orders: Has Buhari Changed? by theV0ice: 9:24pm On Jan 15, 2016
agabaI23:
theV0ice

Mike Ugwonye was arrested for addressing Buhari disrespectfully, LKY would institute a libel suit if it was worth the hassles.

Are you serious?? I'll check up to read for myself.

Countless folks have insulted Buhari and haven't been arrested so i wonder why this guy's own will be special.

I'll check my bro
Re: FRA Williams On Buhari And Court Orders: Has Buhari Changed? by theV0ice: 12:45am On Jan 16, 2016
LordAdam:

Stop being one-sided. The Judiciary needs a reform, sure, but when PMB took the oath, he swore to uphold the constitution. Since that is the case, he can impress on the Chief Justice to wade into the rot in his arm of government. Not flout court orders.

He is doing the wrong thing, the wrong way.

You are encouraging impunity, and I can affirmatively say that it will come to haunt you guys later. Already, Tompolo is flouting a court order. You cannot be the President and the Chief Justice of the Federation, it is not done.

I'm just seeing this your reply sef.

Abeg stop being hateful. Which court order did he flout? Did you also protest when Mbu under GEJ relegated a sitting governor to a house wife? Did you protest when soldiers under GEJ seized newspapers and beat up newspaper employees? I hope that negligence of yours is hunting you as we type now? Tompolo must flout orders na.....he's a thug and militant who can't help himself and it's left for the govt to bring him to order.

Swerve jor. Fine, Singapore is a developed nation today because of the stance of Lee Kuan Yew, but there are many problems with Singapore today. The opposition in Singapore is silent and demonstrations are frowned upon. That is not someone GEJ would want to model.

@the bold cheesy cheesy i wonder why you didn't tell GEJ when he almost blocked our ears with Kuan Yew did it, Jonathan is doing it sing song. Was he confused?

You don't even need to tell me....GEJ CAN NEVER be Lee Kuan Yew if you give him a million years. He's too weak and fearful to even try cheesy

So you want Singaporeans to just enter the streets and start demonstrating even without a need to? shocked

[size=5pt]US, UK, Europe, Israel all became developed without the iron-fist.

Are you going to compare Hitler to PMB next? Hitler made Germany a World Power and massively sanitized the reckless German polity prior when he became a Fuhrer. Does that make him a saint?

You are comparing Lee whose iron-fist made sense in the 1980's with Jonathan who ruled in a time when the world is gravitating more towards democracy and the respect for rule of law.

Look at Libya? Why was Gadaffi removed, even though Libya was much better with him in power than now? Look at Mubarak and Egypt?

Iron-fists may have worked in the 80's, but not now. We are in the 21st century. If PMB continues like this, a revolt may start, and all the little gains we may have gained as a nation will be lost.

If you want iron-fist leadership, enter the military. Under civilian rule, there are established tenets that must be followed.

You are making a mockery of the system. So if a common market thief is caught, he or she should decline to argue his case because the Judiciary system is corrupt? Can you hear yourself.

You need to be shipped to North Korea since you like a tyrant. After what this country saw under Abacha, you still want a tyrant.[/size] How old are you?

Be careful what you wish for!!!

-Lord

@the bold, be patient.....my birth certificate will soon arrive at your doorstep cool

As for the remainder of your rants, they make no sense my dear.

Cheers

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Give Me More Time To Name My Ministers, Buhari Begs Senate / Femi Adesina: Nigeria Built On False Foundation / FG Sets Dates For Completion Of Lagos-Ibadan, Abuja-Kano Expressway

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 199
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.