Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,069 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:51 AM

Free .ng (nigerian Tld - Top Level Domain) Registration Till ---extended--! - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Free .ng (nigerian Tld - Top Level Domain) Registration Till ---extended--! (3720 Views)

Registering Nigerian TLD .ng / Nira Releases 50,000 Free .ng Domains For Nigerians / Why Not A .NG Tld? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Free .ng (nigerian Tld - Top Level Domain) Registration Till ---extended--! by agboifo(f): 12:41pm On Dec 15, 2007
Yes, that's right, call it a Christmas gift to Nairalanders. Fact is, the more Nigerians who use the .ng domain, the better for the country and our presence on cyperspace. So I guess I'll contribute my quota.

It's taken me years (read y-e-a-r-s!) to get the hang of registering .ng domains myself without paying some guy loads of dough, after all it's supposed to be free (for now at least).

So here's the deal. From now till Dec 30, I will register your .ng domains for free.

The limits are not set by me, but by NIRA, and here's what they say:

[Quote]: Speculative registration is not encouraged. Please note that there is a limit to the number of spurious registrations, you may attempt. Only proceed beyond this point, if you really must register a domain.

If your intention is to have www.yourdomain.com.ng just specify yourdomain at this point. Later on, you will have the opportunity to specify the www part of the registration.
Acceptable sub-Domains under the .ng Top Level Domain are:

Secondary TLD Description
.com.ng Commercial Organizations
.edu.ng Schools granting baccalauriat degrees
.gov.ng Governmental entities
.net.ng Network infrastructure (i.e. isp routers) only
.org.ng Not for profit organisations
[/Quote]

So you understand. Make sure you really need the domain name and do not simply wish to do a "vanity registration + parking", which won't be fair to all, much less to me, because I do this in my spare time, etc.

Note also that NIRA (Nigeria Internet Registration Association) take the pains to make "personal contact" with the Adminstrative Contact of each prospective domain (you!), so please make sure you'll be reachable and can prove you are real.

That's all! Registration takes between 2 days and 3 months! I've had a bit of both ends of the spectrum smiley

Stop over at this URL and leave me your details at the email address on the page and I'll get back to you as soon as possible: "internet DOT com DOT ng"
[quote][/quote]

---

This offer was to end Dec 30, but due to a lot of interest I'll extend a bit until I'm either tired or someone else puts obstacles.
Re: Free .ng (nigerian Tld - Top Level Domain) Registration Till ---extended--! by jazztix: 6:22pm On Dec 17, 2007
Hello

I saw ur ads and I wish I could get one
but your mail address is not there as you
said that ur email address is there
if that should be the case.
register:
jazztixserver

thanks
Re: Free .ng (nigerian Tld - Top Level Domain) Registration Till ---extended--! by A2J(m): 5:49am On Dec 18, 2007
The url your ask people to visit currently have no index page on it so we cant access the email address to which we are to send message you.

Anyway, i will love it if you could register a name for me also:

dayoakinkuowo

Thanks and keep the good work
Re: Free .ng (nigerian Tld - Top Level Domain) Registration Till ---extended--! by agboifo(f): 10:01am On Dec 20, 2007
Hello everyone,

I apologize for the slight mix-up because I was yet to update the page. The URL is ok now and the email is visible, so please re-send your request.

Another issue: some who have responded did so without including all the personal/business details needed. It takes me less than 5 minutes to initiate a registration process, so please send everything to me when you place your request (including of course a telephone number so I can call you if I need some information quickly).

And by the way, take a look at the backpage of the Guardian of Monday December 17, 2007. Effective February 2008, registration will no longer be free. It beats me why we try to short-change ourselves. My theory is: keep this thing free until Nigeria can compete. Anyhow, it goes to show that you better hurry.

Ciao!
Re: Free .ng (nigerian Tld - Top Level Domain) Registration Till ---extended--! by agboifo(f): 6:32pm On Dec 26, 2007
Ok, I've received several requests for .ng registration and they're all in progress.

To encourage other people that this offer is for real please I'd like all those who make requests to help keep this post current. How? Just make a brief reply to this post saying, "I'm interested" or something like that. No need to include any other personal registration details.

Hurry up, I want to register as many as possible before the reg authorities begin to require payment.

Merry Christmas!
Re: Free .ng (nigerian Tld - Top Level Domain) Registration Till ---extended--! by bumsen: 11:37am On Dec 27, 2007
Hi,
I am also interested in the domain,please olubunmifilani is the name.
Thanks
Re: Free .ng (nigerian Tld - Top Level Domain) Registration Till ---extended--! by agboifo(f): 9:04pm On Dec 27, 2007
Hello bumsen,

I'd do it gladly.
Please provide me more details about your Registration entity. I need it for the form.

Full business name (if it's a business) or whatever
Full physical address
Telephone contact details
Working email address

The sooner I get these, the earlier I initiate registration.

Please send to the email address on internet DOT com DOT ng
Re: Free .ng (nigerian Tld - Top Level Domain) Registration Till ---extended--! by mecussey(m): 6:33pm On Dec 28, 2007
Poster, please I am interested, register ---- KPASSOLUTIONS.COM.NG, please contact via e-mail--- kpas4real@yahoo.com----I check my mail everyday
Re: Free .ng (nigerian Tld - Top Level Domain) Registration Till ---extended--! by powerofmap(m): 9:39pm On Dec 28, 2007
can you register this for me www.pmpproductions.com.ng
Re: Free .ng (nigerian Tld - Top Level Domain) Registration Till ---extended--! by agboifo(f): 10:02pm On Dec 28, 2007
Em-sorry, but why don't people read instructions?

This process is tiresome enough without having to repeat things.

Kindly read above. I need more details because there are forms to fill:

Full business name (if it's a business) or whatever
Full physical address
Telephone contact details
Working email address

Thank you! No hard feelings but please make it easy for me smiley
Re: Free .ng (nigerian Tld - Top Level Domain) Registration Till ---extended--! by abohrandy: 5:37pm On Dec 31, 2007
how abt personal sites?
Re: Free .ng (nigerian Tld - Top Level Domain) Registration Till ---extended--! by abohrandy: 5:41pm On Dec 31, 2007
but please save one for me though coz i need to rep naija
Re: Free .ng (nigerian Tld - Top Level Domain) Registration Till ---extended--! by agboifo(f): 12:33am On Jan 01, 2008
Personal sites are usually of the .org.ng variety. Yes, they can be registered as well.
Re: Free .ng (nigerian Tld - Top Level Domain) Registration Till ---extended--! by agboifo(f): 9:22am On Jan 09, 2008
Your registration has been completed www.aborandy.org.ng Congratulations!

Please check your mail box for details on how to proceed.
Re: Free .ng (nigerian Tld - Top Level Domain) Registration Till ---extended--! by agboifo(f): 9:29am On Jan 09, 2008
"FL", Your two registrations (.com.ng and .org.ng) have now been completed. Congratulations!

Please check your mail box for information on how to proceed.
Re: Free .ng (nigerian Tld - Top Level Domain) Registration Till ---extended--! by platoworks(m): 7:47pm On Aug 12, 2011
Hi,

Thanks for ur kindness. I'm interested.

business name : platonicdesigns
Telephone: 08067339398
email: platonicdesigns AT YAHOO DOT COM

Thanks once again.
Re: Free .ng (nigerian Tld - Top Level Domain) Registration Till ---extended--! by WeMaStEr(m): 1:31pm On Aug 13, 2011
wow, am interested in this. please kindly add mine www.unimeet.com.ng

Company Name: Siony Telecoms Nig.
24 Parklane Apapa, Lagos Nigeria
info@sionytelecoms.com

am waiting to receive your goodness. grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Usa,u.k And Nigeria Adsense Available for sale / Abeg Who Is Nairaland.com's Web Host? / Google Office Address In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.