Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,120 members, 7,814,934 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:05 AM

Facebook Ads VS Google Ads - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Facebook Ads VS Google Ads (1398 Views)

Facebook Ads Vs Complete Sports Ads / Gtbank Mastercard Debitcard With Facebook Ads and Google Ads / How Can I Embed Google Ads In My Smf Forum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Facebook Ads VS Google Ads by lojik(m): 11:22pm On Aug 02, 2012
With proper analytics, we have detected that facebook ads do not work well on our projects.

Facebook count clicks for us and spend a good chunk of our monthly advert budget but our analytics show that these counted clicks do not translate to real visitors. On the other hand, Google ads work well and translate to more visitors and higher Alexa ranking. We are about to conclude that facebook ads are not effective for us.

My analysis is based on the same cost per click on both advert sites, the same monthly budget for both sites and almost the same advert content for a period of 3 months for www.voguepay.com . It may differ with your projects.

If you have been measuring the performance of both adverts on your site, please share your experience or your observations? It might save someone some yet-to-be-wasted advert money.
Re: Facebook Ads VS Google Ads by Nobody: 11:32pm On Aug 02, 2012
I`ve used Facebook Ads and common sense tells me Google Ad`s is more effective.
Re: Facebook Ads VS Google Ads by lojik(m): 11:34pm On Aug 02, 2012
I had that belief too but i wanted hard evidence that's why i went ahead to measure both. Now i know better.
Although, the measurement cost quite a lot of money.
Re: Facebook Ads VS Google Ads by ojochidem(m): 7:31am On Aug 03, 2012
Google Ads is more efficient cos a lot of people are exposed to the Ads you set up, whether is is search or content based. The Google Ads are placed on several sites. Facebook Ads are on visible to those on Facebook and mostly to those who visit the web version of Facebook.

I currently use Addynamo, though.
Re: Facebook Ads VS Google Ads by JideTheBlogger(m): 5:13am On Jan 03, 2013
For now, I only use FB sponsored posts. Adwords and Addynamo works better for me

1 Like

Re: Facebook Ads VS Google Ads by mrkels(m): 10:16am On Jan 03, 2013
talk of exposure to the whole world then google adsense is for you. facebook ads? ask yourself this question, when was the last time you logged into facebook with a computer?

(1) (Reply)

Nairaland Has Been Hacked, Our Engineers Need To Act Fast Before It Goes Down! / Smtp-rdp-leads-webmail-mailer Php-botnet / Redesign Of Sign-up Page & Inner Pages Of Www.samebornday.com

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.