Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,199 members, 7,835,971 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:29 PM

Help With Chicken Sauce - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Help With Chicken Sauce (9753 Views)

How To Prepare Yam With Chicken Eggs, Garden Egg And Smoked Fish Sauce / Preparing Agama Lizard Tomato Sauce (PICTURES) / Domino's In Nigeria Came Out With "Chicken Jollof Pizza (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Help With Chicken Sauce by Tiana155(f): 8:10pm On Aug 03, 2012
Hello there, please can anyone teach me how to prepare chicken sauce? The type use to eat white rice. Reply please urgently needed. Cheers
Re: Help With Chicken Sauce by Bluemoon1(f): 7:16am On Aug 20, 2012
when u say sauce i'm assuming its not stew so it has too be a sort of gravy.

Ingredients

Chicken pieces
2 tables spoons flour
4 large Carrots
2 medium green peppers
(you can substitute the carrot and green pepper for the frozen mixed veggies sold)
a handful of green beans
1 medium onion (u can omit it if u don't like onions)
a small bunch of spring onions
2 tablespoons of Curry
5 tablespoons of Vegetable oil or olive oil
Pepper to taste
Knorr or maggi cubes to season chicken
salt to taste

Preparation

1.Season your chicken with knorr cubes and onion if u want and start to boil
2.while chicken is boiling u can cut up the vegetables if u bought them fresh. A bit of the spring onion green leaves should be chopped also because it adds a flavour.
3. when the chicken is done make sure there's still a lot of stock remaining if not add water. You can now add the curry, oil and chopped greens beans, allow to boil for 5 minutes
4. add the chopped carrots and spring onions (in the case of the mixed vegetables u can add all at this point) leave to boil for 5 minutes then u can add the chopped green peppers. at this point u can add your pepper and salt to taste.
5. mix the flour with a little water and stir very well to remove lumps then pour in into the pot stirring very well but carefully so the chicken doesn't scatter. reduce the heat and allow to simmer for 5 minutes then then the sauce is ready.

2 Likes

Re: Help With Chicken Sauce by Tiana155(f): 2:49pm On Aug 23, 2012
@bluemoon, thank u very much. I'l try it. Cheers

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Peak Nationwide Breakfast Café Returns With More Nourishment And Fun! / Please Can Someone Give Me The Traditional Nigerian Cake Recipe? / Nigeria Spends $3.2bn On Importation Of Palm Oil In 10-years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.