Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,768 members, 7,809,960 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:55 PM

Preparing Agama Lizard Tomato Sauce (PICTURES) - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Preparing Agama Lizard Tomato Sauce (PICTURES) (39652 Views)

Big Monitor Lizard Caught By Soldiers, Prepared As Pepper Soup / Man Finds Lizard In Ice Block He Bought (photos) / The Monitor Lizard And Bush Rats We Roasted For Dinner Today (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Preparing Agama Lizard Tomato Sauce (PICTURES) by Nobody: 8:53am On Mar 05, 2015
Hello Folks we are back again with exciting recipes that will tingle your appetite. I had a thread on how to prepare whole roast Agama lizard in 5 simple steps and though it was very helpful to many then, it got wiped out when NL was hacked.

Today I will be taking you on preaparing traditional agama lizard meals for yourself, your friends and your family in very brief and simple steps

Ingredients

• 1/2 kilo of matured agama lizard meator 5 lizards(red heads have tougher flesh while the green heads are more tender)
• 1 large bulb of onions
• Seasoning
• Dry fish
• Salt and pepper to taste
• Fresh Tomatoes

On how to rear your on lizards, check this link to my guide HERE

PROCEDURE

• Tie the lizard if live ones in a bag and allow to die by suffocation or better still drown it. This is to prevent rupturing of the internal organs

• Blend your tomatoes, boil the excess water away and set aside

• Clean the internals of the lizard and discard chop to sizable pieces.

• Put the chopped lizard in a pot,alongside the dryfish, add seasoning and onions and steam till its tender.

• Now pour oil in a sauce pan, add onions and allow to caramelize before adding the tomatoes and allow to boil for 5 mins

• Add the lizard and fish with the stock to the tomato, add salt now

• Add desired quantity of water and allow to boil for 7 minutes then turn off the heat and allow to stand for 3 minutes. If you got it right, it will resemble a rich sauce with minced meat. You can add vegetables if you desire.

Serve while hot

ENJOY!!!!

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2181278_dscf1652_jpeg63fd6441eaf4639fa9b83cce86676db5
www.nairaland.com/attachments/2181309_recipewinter772940_jpeg686bc23b4ce02d9ceb35c9fc541d0cd2

8 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Preparing Agama Lizard Tomato Sauce (PICTURES) by vjsmiles: 8:55am On Mar 05, 2015
IFA HEAR THAT YOU ARE IN THE KITCHEN...
KRALL!!!! angry

4 Likes

Re: Preparing Agama Lizard Tomato Sauce (PICTURES) by Habayomie(m): 8:56am On Mar 05, 2015
Am here to read comments...

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Preparing Agama Lizard Tomato Sauce (PICTURES) by Justeenaleo(f): 8:57am On Mar 05, 2015
Creepy Krall

.....Creepy
Didn't know agama lizard is food.

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Preparing Agama Lizard Tomato Sauce (PICTURES) by Nobody: 8:58am On Mar 05, 2015
vjsmiles:

IFA HEAR THAT YOU ARE IN THE KITCHEN...
KRALL!!!! angry
don't be suprised my friend, our ancestors ate of this very meal. But don't worry I will revive this delicacy and give you all a chance to partake of this wonderful experience of the taste bud

2 Likes

Re: Preparing Agama Lizard Tomato Sauce (PICTURES) by Nobody: 9:02am On Mar 05, 2015
Justeenaleo:
Creepy Krall

.....Creepy
Didn't know agama lizard is food.
you can't find it in your normal market. it is mostly sold in the black market for roughly N300 for a custard bucket full.
If you are afraid and want to rear yours, you can check the link.
Re: Preparing Agama Lizard Tomato Sauce (PICTURES) by Tallesty1(m): 9:13am On Mar 05, 2015
Yuck!!!!

I see someone become a wizard in his late 50ssad

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Preparing Agama Lizard Tomato Sauce (PICTURES) by Justeenaleo(f): 9:13am On Mar 05, 2015
krall:
you can't find it in your normal market. it is mostly sold in the black market for roughly N300 for a custard bucket full.
If you are afraid and want to rear yours, you can check the link.
Wow ok
Re: Preparing Agama Lizard Tomato Sauce (PICTURES) by ojaydedon(m): 9:42am On Mar 05, 2015
krall:
PROCEDURE

• Tie the lizard if live ones in a bag and allow to die by suffocation or better still drown it. This is to prevent rupturing of the internal organs
• Put the chopped lizard in a pot,alongside the dryfish, add seasoning and onions and steam till its tender.
• Now pour oil in a sauce pan, add onions and allow to caramelize before adding the tomatoes and allow to boil for 5 mins
• Add desired quantity of water and allow to boil for 7 minutes then turn off the heat and allow to stand for 3 minutes. If you got it right, it will resemble a rich sauce with minced meat. You can add vegetables if you desire.

Serve while hot
Enjoy!!!

angryangryangryangryangryangryangry

35 Likes

Re: Preparing Agama Lizard Tomato Sauce (PICTURES) by niqqa(m): 9:44am On Mar 05, 2015
We need change oooo. How person go DE chop lizard

88 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Preparing Agama Lizard Tomato Sauce (PICTURES) by Nobody: 9:44am On Mar 05, 2015

3 Likes

Re: Preparing Agama Lizard Tomato Sauce (PICTURES) by ojaydedon(m): 9:44am On Mar 05, 2015
krall:
PROCEDURE

Serve while hot
Enjoy!!!

enjoy what

Warris dis

where are u from
Are u for real??

34 Likes

Re: Preparing Agama Lizard Tomato Sauce (PICTURES) by jnrbayano(m): 9:45am On Mar 05, 2015
cheesy

I'm well aware Krall is crazy but I never knew it's this much.

Chai

cheesy

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Preparing Agama Lizard Tomato Sauce (PICTURES) by Nobody: 9:45am On Mar 05, 2015
niqqa:
We need change oooo. How person go DE chop lizard
my brother you don't know what you are missing.

5 Likes

Re: Preparing Agama Lizard Tomato Sauce (PICTURES) by niqqa(m): 9:46am On Mar 05, 2015
Lizard Maybe u mean custard... Cause I can't phantom a being like u eating Lizard... No vex say I no put human being cos me sef I confuse

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Preparing Agama Lizard Tomato Sauce (PICTURES) by niqqa(m): 9:47am On Mar 05, 2015
krall:
my brother you don't know what you are missing.
Tell me something.. What am I missing?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Preparing Agama Lizard Tomato Sauce (PICTURES) by Nobody: 9:54am On Mar 05, 2015
niqqa:

Tell me something.. What am I missing?
I can't describe it
Re: Preparing Agama Lizard Tomato Sauce (PICTURES) by scozy(m): 2:07pm On Mar 05, 2015
eeeeewwwwww

1 Like

Re: Preparing Agama Lizard Tomato Sauce (PICTURES) by Ishilove: 2:08pm On Mar 05, 2015
O my... this is nasty... sad

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Preparing Agama Lizard Tomato Sauce (PICTURES) by psychologist(m): 2:08pm On Mar 05, 2015
many are madt but few are roaming

27 Likes

Re: Preparing Agama Lizard Tomato Sauce (PICTURES) by Nobody: 2:08pm On Mar 05, 2015
gross

Re: Preparing Agama Lizard Tomato Sauce (PICTURES) by Sijo01(f): 2:08pm On Mar 05, 2015
Agama lizard?....... Sorry op, I'll pass

3 Likes

Re: Preparing Agama Lizard Tomato Sauce (PICTURES) by onila(f): 2:08pm On Mar 05, 2015
you are a very dirty person lipsrsealed

20 Likes

Re: Preparing Agama Lizard Tomato Sauce (PICTURES) by Nobody: 2:08pm On Mar 05, 2015
ok
Re: Preparing Agama Lizard Tomato Sauce (PICTURES) by Tenim47(m): 2:08pm On Mar 05, 2015
I dey craze wey I go chop am

3 Likes

Re: Preparing Agama Lizard Tomato Sauce (PICTURES) by ThoniaSlim(f): 2:09pm On Mar 05, 2015
Agama Lizard? Are you for real shocked

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Preparing Agama Lizard Tomato Sauce (PICTURES) by Nobody: 2:09pm On Mar 05, 2015
Wtf am I reading?

3 Likes

Re: Preparing Agama Lizard Tomato Sauce (PICTURES) by pinkhill(f): 2:09pm On Mar 05, 2015
lizard.....
Re: Preparing Agama Lizard Tomato Sauce (PICTURES) by mirexxx(f): 2:09pm On Mar 05, 2015
cry a lizard cry cry

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Village Oil Yam And Vegetables (pics, video & recipe) / Is This A Vulture Meat / I just received my own Share of palliatives from Kebbi state Government

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.