Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,869 members, 7,828,099 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:32 AM

Naval Brutality At Sapele - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Naval Brutality At Sapele (16880 Views)

Soon-To-Wed Fake Naval Officer Arrested In Lagos (photo) / Naval Officers Terrorise and brutalise Lagos Community; (Pictures) / Naval Officer Mistaken For A Robber, Lynched In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naval Brutality At Sapele by dasparrow: 10:14pm On Aug 09, 2012
@Post

I am not suprised. Its Nigeria after all were you people treat your females like trash. It starts from the home where husband beats wife. Then graduates to female toddlers and young children under the age of eleven getting .se.xuall/y molested and abused and Nigerians turn a blind eye. Then it continues with .ra.p/e of teenagers and young adults in secondary school and university.

Then police officers, army officers, naval officers and convoys of government officials slapping and beating up female strangers on the road for some stupid reason after another. Now Nigerian bred men have graduated to beating up elderly bukka-owning women and then you think you people will ever see peace in Nigeria. You will not as long as all these various atrocities in Nigeria continue and Nigerians choose to look the other way.

I hope the lady get's justice. I wish her good luck.
Re: Naval Brutality At Sapele by tonadoes: 10:22pm On Aug 09, 2012
with enough evidence and withnesses, go 2 d press, public complains comission and den sue d Nig Navy, chief of Naval staff
Re: Naval Brutality At Sapele by oluwacjay: 10:25pm On Aug 09, 2012
BlackBaron: It's no wonder the Nigerian military isn't making any headway concerning the BH insurgency. angry

Word. Dey are bein trained on how 2 harass civilians, no single brain on attckin BH. FOOLISH soldiers.
Re: Naval Brutality At Sapele by proudlyafrican(m): 10:36pm On Aug 09, 2012
This is really sad,no matter the level of provocation the Naval guys have got no right to unleash their anger on this woman this way, i think it is just the Nigerian mentality of "you know who i be"? and years of Military rule that brought indiscipline to the force.Having reported the matter to the Naval authority and it is already under investigation,i will strongly,advice she should hold on to see the outcome of the investigation and if nothing happens then a law suit should be instituted.I am very sure she will get justice in the law court.
Re: Naval Brutality At Sapele by acemmy(m): 10:51pm On Aug 09, 2012
Where dem go show power,dem no go show. Na where dem no send dem dem go dey show. Naijja I hail o. Anybody wey just get uniform/power go begin allow am enter head.
Re: Naval Brutality At Sapele by logica(m): 11:16pm On Aug 09, 2012
dasparrow: @Post

I am not suprised. Its Nigeria after all were you people treat your females like trash. It starts from the home where husband beats wife....blahgiddy blah blah
*Ahem* Mor0n. This is not a gender war. The naval officer that started the fight with the owner of the restaurant is a WOMAN. *Hello? Anybody home?*
Re: Naval Brutality At Sapele by CHIMSKY(m): 11:45pm On Aug 09, 2012
Pls put the name and picture of only one of the naval officers who did this and let's take it from there.All I need is one name and one picture.
Re: Naval Brutality At Sapele by Steveonyekachi: 11:46pm On Aug 09, 2012
Pls get the naval base name and post it..we are ready to deal wit them
Re: Naval Brutality At Sapele by stpat1(m): 1:31am On Aug 10, 2012
Sometimes I wonder why these our so called military men always want to flagrantly unleash pains and anguish on the law abiding citizens at the slightest provocation. I have witnessed incidents like these and they make me wish I had some super natural powers to deal mercilessly with them.
I wonder how it came to this in the first place. Though I know its a common thing all over the world but Nigeria's case is just too much.
Re: Naval Brutality At Sapele by Nobody: 1:32am On Aug 10, 2012
ileke-idi is a woman we all have to ignore.......

Her views are really whack and extreme.... She is tribalistic.....Being tribalistic means you have low iq.... Intelligent people see humans as equals but can disagree on ideologies.
Re: Naval Brutality At Sapele by kid7soccer(m): 1:34am On Aug 10, 2012
Army men to get eatry for barrack, nonsense. get will soon Mrs evelyn
ndukwejoe: The woman in the picture is MRS. EVELYN WILKIE, the owner of "MEZ 20" an eatery in Sapele. About 3 weeks ago one Sunday evening at about 9.00pm, a couple walked into the eatery and asked to be served food and the man warned the attendant not to sell soured soup to them in the full glare of other customers. MRS. WILKIE answered that she does not sell soured food as the place is a decent place.
The woman responded that she should not insult her husband. There and then MRS. WILKIE told them that they wont sell food to them as she does not want people who would spoil her business. The woman started insulting her.
A female customer who was in the place answered and told them that they are disturbing the peace of the place and this earned her a slap and she retaliated, then a
fi
ght ensued and other customers separated them. The man was infurated and started threatening MRS. WILKIE that he had been embarrassed and that they are Naval Officers.
The woman rushed to their car which is a space wagon and brought out a canister of tear gas which she used to tear gas the whole place and other customers ran out for their safety. Then the couple left. Unknown to MRS. WILKIE they went to re-enforce. At about to 10pm the couple returned with about 10 Naval Officers in uniform and they started shooting sporadically to scare residents they forced their way through the padlocked protector and gave the staff the beating of their life and brought out and even broke the head of her security man.
MRS. WILKIE was brought out from where she was hid and the man who said he was embarrassed took an axe and said he would use her as a scape goat. He swung the axe at her and it hit her ankle and chopped it off. Seeing the mayhem they have caused they all left. It was good Nigerians that took her to the Hospital and it took the skills of an orthopaedic surgeon to put her in this shape that you see in the picture.
The matter has been reported to the Naval authorities in Sapele and the woman identified but the others have not been identified. I am told that investigations are still ongoing.
Now that we know the story, what can we do to ensure that this woman get the justice that she deserves.
Thank you for your concern. It is this woman now, it could be anybody's turn tomorrow so let us condemn it and ensure that this madness stops.
Re: Naval Brutality At Sapele by Nobody: 1:43am On Aug 10, 2012
*Ileke-IdI:
Same reason why Nigerian men are ill-disciplined.

Yes, what they did to the woman was wrong......But ileke-idi blaming it on Nigerian men shows how intelligent she is....

ileki-idi is born of a 9ja father, and has 9ja men as relatives.... Painting us all with this dirty event shows how smart she is.

Maybe I should also blame 9ja women for not raising their boys well....... haha, but I wont.....

If I'm sexist, then I'm an i-diot because my DNA is half female, likewise a feminist.
Re: Naval Brutality At Sapele by LFJ: 1:45am On Aug 10, 2012
Okija_juju: She shouldnt have fhucked with the Navy...

This case is as good as dead on arrival.

She can't identify the officers who committed the offence, so what does she expect the Navy to do?

MORAL LESSON: Choose your battles wisely...

Where is their sense of human feeling? No wonder, the pains of Nigeria masses means nothing to them.
Re: Naval Brutality At Sapele by Nobody: 2:38am On Aug 10, 2012
That is how the military behaves in Nigeria, so full of shit!
Re: Naval Brutality At Sapele by Gwazah(m): 5:42am On Aug 10, 2012

She can't identify the officers who committed the offence, so what does she expect the Navy to do?

so long as de naval woman is identify geting others is a minor thing. peo ar mad dis days i am a forceman but wit dis recent security challenges 2day, salers, ogogoro sipers, wewe cases nd agbero boys are neva my concern cos i fee de task ahead of us is terrorism nd not civiliam insult. I trust democratic era dis culprit wil be dismis no mata wat it taks watchout.
Re: Naval Brutality At Sapele by naptu2: 6:12am On Aug 10, 2012
Gwazah: so long as de naval woman is identify geting others is a minor thing. peo ar mad dis days i am a forceman but wit dis recent security challenges 2day, salers, ogogoro sipers, wewe cases nd agbero boys are neva my concern cos i fee de task ahead of us is terrorism nd not civiliam insult. I trust democratic era dis culprit wil be dismis no mata wat it taks watchout.

God bless you
Re: Naval Brutality At Sapele by Aniah4u: 6:36am On Aug 10, 2012
Such guys,including D Officer, shuld be transferred immediately to Maiduguri,Damaturu,Kano and Kogi respectively where their services are mostly needed. D Boko Guys are their match, not innocent, armless,harmless,female bloody civilians at all times. AWOL!
Re: Naval Brutality At Sapele by onyekabe(m): 6:54am On Aug 10, 2012
Our uniform men do this all the time and in scot free. Unknown soldier according to fella kuti
Re: Naval Brutality At Sapele by tnktosin(m): 7:43am On Aug 10, 2012
shocked shocked Gosh, i know this woman nau, Mess 20 is my fav joint in Pele oo.
She's not the troublesome type. Those navy guys need to be taught a lesson eediots..
Re: Naval Brutality At Sapele by livingstoneony(m): 8:03am On Aug 10, 2012
The entire system is really messed up!.dis is unheard of!
Re: Naval Brutality At Sapele by ab1x: 8:17am On Aug 10, 2012
A barbaric act of the highest order. What a shame !
Re: Naval Brutality At Sapele by gidig(m): 8:37am On Aug 10, 2012

I sincerely wish naval officers can say feel these way about Boko haram right now. Stupid thinking!
Re: Naval Brutality At Sapele by MichaelJimmy: 8:58am On Aug 10, 2012
This lucumbrious act must stop.Justice is needed in this matter.What a disgrace!
Re: Naval Brutality At Sapele by OnlyemmyM(m): 9:05am On Aug 10, 2012
Is a pitty i must say, This case should be reported to (NNP) Nigerian Naval Police, They will treat this case with justice and they are just like nigeria Military Police, Thank's
Re: Naval Brutality At Sapele by kennidiamo: 9:05am On Aug 10, 2012
these brutalities happen every month.if e no b soldier, e go be police..
NIGERIA IS A FAILED COUNTRY..I PRAY I GET OUT ASAP
Re: Naval Brutality At Sapele by Okijajuju1(m): 9:22am On Aug 10, 2012
afam4eva:
It didn't seem to me that she wanted fight a battle. It was the naval officers that were spoiling for war.

Nwanne Mmadu... First things first.. I am not justifying the actions of the Naval man.. HOWEVER.. She didnt handle the situation properly.. I can bet my bottom dollar that it didnt play out like this.. These Naval men (Military guys) go by a very strict disciplinary code and should one snap, most times it takes more than a "Do not insult my husband" to warrant such a show down...

I am keeping my sentiments in check and analysing this from a neutral perspective.. She did something that really pissed him off.. I have also done that thing of going into a restaurant and asking them not to serve me soured food again. Infact, at Tantalizers, its my standard greeting for them, Presidential Hotel is notorious for serving rotten Chicken so the first thing a waiter hears is same...

If I were to guess what happened, It most likely went like this;

The man enters the restaurant with his Nwa Baby, Ordered for food and prolly mouthed off to the waiter not to serve him soured food (Which is most likely from an experience he must have had either with them or elsewhere). He prolly said it so loud that the woman (owner) felt embarassed that her other customers may have overheard him and may ruin her clientelle so she prolly starts cursing at him. My guess is that he wasnt in his Naval Uniform so she didnt recognize and thought she was dealing with a civilian. The ensuing altacation prolly gets out of hands to the point where a scuffle breaks out. Later on, Naval ratings storm her joint in retaliation for whatever it was she did to their superior..

ANYWAYS!! All this is irrelevant.. She dosent know the name, rank or base of the Naval guy(s) who attacked her, there is nothing that can be done for her at this time..

No sentiments, just pure fact.

*Ileke-IdI:

Did you read the content of the thread? Ki lon se e?

She never "fcukked" with the army.

Seriously, WTF is wrong with Nigerians? A grown woman got beaten by your useless navy/army and you blamed her?

Refer to the post above yours..

The beating is bad, but again, she prolly had it coming. I doubt that this write-up conveys the full story..

DANILSA: I respect u in this forum, but am surprise u have to make dis comment, I don't know if its true but most times guys in the force like misbehaving which must be condemned in the strongest available language. For God's sake it's the woman's business and therefore she reserves the right not to sell. An old woman for that matter. If it's true may Boko haram reward them accordingly.

Danilsa... I will start apologising for how you feel about my comment.. And I in no way justify the beaten or actions of the Naval guy. However, lets be objective.. In business, the first rule is "The customer is always right".. I dont think she knew he was in the Navy as he was most likely not in his military fatigue., if she did, it wouldnt have gotten that far. I still believe that the woman was the aggressor or aggravator and it all started after the Naval guy (A customer) made a simple statement of "Dont serve me soured food o".. Think about it. Anybody that can separate sentiments and analyze this would know that it takes more than such sketchy scenario to get a Naval man to call for re-enforcememnt.

comechop:

BLOODY E-DIOT.

We need less of your mentality in Nigeria.

Like was this necessary?!!

Imps like you should be tracked down and wiped off the surface of the earth.

decogrin:
Would you spew this same bollocks if the woman in question was your mum#ThinkForOnce

If she was my mother, I would be livid, threaten hell and brimestone.. Curse out every uniformed person in the world, go on T.V, Radio, Magazines and even to the Presidency if possible..

But after I calm down, her injuries heal, testosterone ebbs, I will still come to the exact same conclusion.. It was a bad fight and a loosing one that should naver have been started in the first place.. All she had to do was reply "NO O!! Our food is always fresh", serve him his meal get paid and all would be well.

ogahope: u are sounding lk d perpetrator. Wait until some insane officers do dt to ur mum nd come out to justified deir actions. Nigeria is place where innocents suffer alot. May d Lord reward dese defiant nava officers accordin to deir work.

In 1998, a Policeman pointed his AK-47 rifle less than 3cm above my mothers head and fired it.. Pulls out a new cartridge and points at her chest and says "Talk again and I will gun you down like a common animal".. My mother had been shouting and yelling to stand her grounds earlier.. Well she shut the fhuck up immediately. Thats how you 'live to fight another day'.. Thats how you 'choose your battles wisely'.. Thats what intelligent people do.

jude33084:

Those Naval guys are in hot soup

From the story, I beg to differ...

The one thing these military boys have is a strict code of silence and comradery. From the write up, she dosent seem to know any names nor ranks.. She may be able to place the face, but I doubt the military would do a line up for her to come identify the perp.

I really do pray the people involved get court marshalled, but the way I see this case, its dead on arrival.

gidson12:
Are you insane or just stu.pid

Are you a nutsack or a scrotum?! angry

bigmitchmob:
Are you sure you read the whole story ??

I actually did... But the difference between the both of us was I also read between the lines.. Never judge a case based on the testimony of one party alone.

blink182: You will always be foolish in your replies. This woman wanted no trouble, there was no way she could have escaped it.

I was gonna curse you out.. But whats the point?! Its takes alot more than youve got to know the difference between sentiments and objectivity. You may wanna go back, read that story and now try to imagine what actually happened. Dont forget that this version is from the victim and she would always make herself appear blameless. That also dosent mean I justify her being beaten.. If you had calmly read my earlier post, you would have noticed it.

My advice to you is always keep a calm head.. It helps you make better decisions.

naylove:

MUST U SHOW U R INCAPABLE OF REASONING?

Funny!! I seem to be the only one who even has a reasoning on this fhucking thread... The rest of you are just emotional wrecks incapable of being objective.

If its sympathy we all came here for, then please set up a fund and lets pay her medical bills.. But I am only trying to find out what could have transpired between them that spiralled so out of control and ended in this..

gidig:

I sincerely wish naval officers can say feel these way about Boko haram right now. Stupid thinking!

WTF is that bullshit you wrote all about sef?!!

LFJ:

Where is their sense of human feeling? No wonder, the pains of Nigeria masses means nothing to them.

Again, forget about the beating for a second and ask what exactly happened before the situation got to this point.
Re: Naval Brutality At Sapele by Saintsquare(m): 9:24am On Aug 10, 2012
To the guys that said the woman mite av provoked the officers,I pray u won't xperience such.This aint the first time they ve engagd in such heinous act.A lady was publicly assaulted by 2 military men some yrs ago,unknown to them,sum1 was recording the ordeal and was later broadcasted live on AIT.This barbaric act as got to stop cos they are meant to protect the civilian and not the other way round.
Re: Naval Brutality At Sapele by Okijajuju1(m): 9:37am On Aug 10, 2012
I just re read the story and I'm sorry.. IT MAKES NO SENSE...

She said they chopped off her leg at the ankle, but I can see the leg is still there in the picture. But anyways, I still beg to differ. Something happened in that restaurant that she hasnt told us.. No beatdown of that sort can be earned from just that simple 'we dont serve soured food response'.

If you think so, then ...
Re: Naval Brutality At Sapele by Eltonluigi(m): 9:41am On Aug 10, 2012
^^^^ Dude you must be high on bath salt.
Re: Naval Brutality At Sapele by Okijajuju1(m): 9:42am On Aug 10, 2012
Eltonluigi: ^^^^ Dude you must be high on bath salt.

Can you get high on that shit?!! grin
grin
Re: Naval Brutality At Sapele by aribisala0(m): 9:47am On Aug 10, 2012
Okija_juju: I just re read the story and I'm sorry.. IT MAKES NO SENSE...

She said they chopped off her leg at the ankle, but I can see the leg is still there in the picture. But anyways, I still beg to differ. Something happened in that restaurant that she hasnt told us.. No beatdown of that sort can be earned from just that simple 'we dont serve soured food response'.

If you think so, then ...

you really are an £5%2(. So let me stir things up for you.
DId those Igbo people killed in the North deserve to die because some Igbo officers carried out a coup and killed the Sardauna of Sokoto?
Or did something else happen that Igbo people haven't told us?

You should learn how to reason and quit talking like an animal
The story was not narrated in the First Person.Clearly it was not the woman who was speaking. Her leg does not appear to be chopped off and so we can come up with a number of plausible explanations for that discrepancy in the story but is that really the issue? . If the story makes no sense to you then try and find out more till it makes sense or SHUT UP. Your contribution does not illuminate any obscurity and only tells us what kind of beast YOU are. Why form an opinion and suchh a vile one at that on a story that makes no sense. You are not human!

How does it sound if I say Abokis go by a strict code and they don't attack unless seriously provoked.
What you said was stupid,insensitive and the best thing you can do right now is to shut up!

2 Likes

Re: Naval Brutality At Sapele by Okijajuju1(m): 9:57am On Aug 10, 2012
aribisala0:
you really are an £5%2(. So let me stir things up for you.
DId those Igbo people killed in the North deserve to die because some Igbo officers carried out a coup and killed the Sardauna of Sokoto?
Or did something else happen that Igbo people haven't told us?
You should learn how to reason and quit talking like an animal

Howdoes it sound if I say Abokis go by a strict code and they don't attack unless seriously provoked.
What you said was stupid,insensitive and the best thing you can do right now is to shut up!

Again, I dont give a &^%# how you feel about whatever I say.

All I am gunning for is the true factual story of what went down. And I have repeatedly said I dont justify her beating, however I want to know the truth.

Is asking for the truth a bad thing!!

Fhucking sentimental cry babies.. Okija dosent dwell on sentiments. Know that now.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Court Sentences 5 Men To Death For Killing Herdsman In Yola / Man Steals His In-law's Police Uniform For Robbery / Video Of Repentant Ex-Baby Seller Confessing To Having Sold 30 Babies In Rivers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.