Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,511 members, 7,954,935 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 12:49 PM

Titanic Movie Review By Me - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Titanic Movie Review By Me (2456 Views)

Foreign Tabloids Mock Nigerian Movie "Spider Girl' In Hilarious Movie Review / TITANIC: More Facts, Rare Images And Behind The Scene. / Jozi Kings Movie Review By Nollywood Film Critics USA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Titanic Movie Review By Me by Enitsua(m): 3:53pm On Aug 04, 2012
Having finished my exams, i refused to be bored during my 2 weeks of recess, so in other to uphold my resolution i borrowed the famous romantic movie THE NOTE BOOK from a friend, coincidentally i recalled how far more interesting the movie TITANIC was, how beautiful Kate Winslet looked and how young and stunning Decaprio was at that time, the tragic ending and the magnificent plot and scenes kept on replaying in my mind, with my last 200 naira i decided to purchase a copy of the movie and am feeling even more talent struck than before, to tell the truth I haven’t cried for years but after watching the movie this morning i shaded a tear (just 1 tear), I have in the past read some movie reviews by devour writers and movie critics I must confess that am nowhere near their ability to review with such passionate intensity but i try all the same. So here’s the Titanic review by me, tell me what you think, be sincere.
Make una no see how I dey talk like one kind British bobo i be Naija boy for life o.
Re: Titanic Movie Review By Me by Enitsua(m): 3:59pm On Aug 04, 2012
Its poster

Re: Titanic Movie Review By Me by Enitsua(m): 4:01pm On Aug 04, 2012
INTRODUCTION
The titanic as most of us already know was a name of a ship which suffered an actual wreck during the 19th century, 15th April 1912 to be precise, this ship was referred to at that time as the RMS TITANIC, it sank enroute the northern Atlantic ocean on its maiden (first voyage) from Southampton in England to New York city, usa. As its name implies its design and colossal might is one which has kept engineers and art lovers astounded for decades, it is quite revealing to know that the remains of the ship still lay on the sea bed gradually disintegrating. Since its discovery in 1985, thousands of interesting artifacts have been recovered, it’s tragic excerpts have kept a number of folklores, movies and even animations alive, little wonder why Nkem owoh or Zack amatar of nollywood haven’t embarked on producing a Nigerian version, starring maybe Majid michelle as Jack and Jackie appiah as Rose, with Jim iyke playing the role of Carl, rose’s lovelorn royal ass of a boyfriend, Patience ozokor as Rose’s unapproving mother and the suave Olu Jacobs as the captain, at the same time integrating new roles like that of Tonto dicke acting as a lusty maiden, screwing Jim iyke’s brains off in one of the secret cabins at the back of the ship and John Okafor as a drunk crew member fed up with life and indifferent to the impending submersion , now that would be hilarious wouldn’t it at least after watching it till the end at its part 10.
The movie was meticulously written by the screen writing god in the person of James Cameron ,who can boast of plethora of block busters in his coffers which include TERMINATOR, ABYSS,ALIENS and most recently AVATAR, this Canadian movie producer cum deep sea explorer has certainly carved a niche for himself in the movie industry, he subsequently made a legend of himself when he reproduced Titanic in 3D on march 27th 2012, same actors, same scenes and plots only difference was its 3D dimension, ‘The budget be dammed director’ and ‘The Scientific artiste’ are just one of his many names, borne from the fact that he was the first producer to make titanic in 1997 with a price tag of £220million which at that time was the most priciest movie ever made and also his invention of the digital 3D fusion camera, calling this man successful is simply derogatory.
Re: Titanic Movie Review By Me by Enitsua(m): 4:06pm On Aug 04, 2012
Its 3D poster released this year.and the 3D version of the sky when rose looked up at it

Re: Titanic Movie Review By Me by Enitsua(m): 4:11pm On Aug 04, 2012
[center]THE REVIEW[/center]

The movie among others featured Leonardo Decaprio whose character was named Jack Dawson and Kate Winslet as Rose de witt Buckatar. Jack’s character was that of a peasant, a freewheeling young man with nothing other than ‘Air in his lungs’. If I am to classify this movie I would say that it is a somewhat Epic romantic tragedy. For me it is an all-encompassing film, depicting all facets of ordinary life, Love, frustration, passion, class dichotomy, patriotism, politics, Agony, survival etc. Here we saw the ever blazing chemistry of two people from opposite segments of the society, the segment of the haves and not have’s and how this chemistry blossomed into pure love even in the midst of stiff resistance on the part of Rose’s mother and rich fiancés Karl who according to the mother was to be their economic saviour, and who would sustain them in their world of affluence and plenty, this chemistry between Jack and Rose began the moment he was able to convince a very frustrated and suicidal rose not to jump aboard the ship Rose “Go away your distracting me” Jack “Am involved now, you let go and am gonna have to jump there after you”, ironically Rose saw jack as her own saviour and subsequently fell madly in love with him. James Cameron blew my mind away with the pedal scene, when jack wielded rose up on the railings in front of the ship and held her hands astride, the kiss that followed interspersed with the soothing soundtrack, later used by Celine dion, giving a new definition to the word romance. Young jack was not only good with words but also with his pencil, as seen when he meticulously made a drawing of an unclad rose with nothing on but a priceless pendant on her neck (which was called the heart of the ocean), even with the sexual tension pervading the room jack manages to remain professional while making his sketch of her, I called that an artistic pre-intimacy. The whole affair climaxed at the love making scene inside the vintage car in the cargo deck of the ship, the hand which made an impression on the window of the humid car, suggested an aftermath of intimate sexual encounter.

From my little research, I’ve been made to know that this film is the first of its kind to infer that the collision with the ice berg was caused by distracted lookers at the top of the ship, who were admiring the love play between jack and rose instead of performing their duty, in retrospective it would be seem that Jack and rose were the ones indirectly responsible for the crash, that possibility would be said to be too remotely novel anyway, what followed subsequently was an array of unimaginable agony and sorrow, it dawned on me however the efficiency and alacrity the lookers used to alert the other crew members together with the captain to try to steer the ship from the ice berg’s path, which apparently didn’t make much difference, nevertheless it went to show that the crew were not that negligent after all. I felt the pain of the builder of the ship when he intimated his colleagues that the ship would be sunked in, in the next 1 hour, he was so devastated by his failure to create an impregnable ship that he didn’t know when the water invaded the room and overwhelmed him. The captain of the ship on the other hand must have so revered the titanic that like Rose did, he too couldn’t go and leave the ship behind, because for him and his wife there was no life outside the titanic, I was quite amazed at the entertainers that played the violin, they seemed not to be disturbed at the inherent pandemonium caused by the dividing ship, playing together seemed to give them the internal peace that no life boat could ever give. Towards the end of the movie people didn’t turn out to be what they seemed to be, Karl as we saw was driven to the brink of madness at some point as a result of jealously towards Jack who had stolen the heart of his fair lady, the rich Sir who pushed the captain to increase the speed of the ship which plunged to its death, turned into a faceless rat as he cowardly and stealthy entered the boat which was meant for only women and children in a bid to save himself, most of Jack’s friends had perished before things settled, the well-meaning Navy officer who having been put on too much pressure, shot two people dead, went the way of Judas Iscariot by pulling the trigger on his head after giving a remorseful and stern salute to his confederates.

Even in the last moments Jack was ready to sacrifice his life for Rose likewise her life for jack. The words that touched me were Rose “I love you” Jack “Don’t talk like that, you’re gonna have kids, your gonna die an old lady warm in your bed, not here, not on this night, promise me, never let go of that promise, never let go” this conversation took place while rose was untop the remains of the ship, and jack with his whole body in the 0 degrees Fahrenheit water with only his chest upwards on the wood, I watched in utter sadness as jack having freezed to death a few hours before got separated from Rose and the piece of wood and into the deep dark ocean of obscurity as rose swam to safety. Out of 2200 passengers on board, only 706 made it alive on that faithful day of which rose was one of them.
Rose now a great grandmother, narrating the story to the curious deep sea explorers made the movie even more touching and invigorating with both actual and verbal imagery not to talk of the cutting edge visual effects and sound track which is of course expected of a movie of this description, although it amazes me as to how the computer analyst could come up with such realistic graphics back in 1997, when the movie was produced “Don’t talk like that, you’re gonna have kids, you’re gonna die an old lady warm in your bed, not here not on this night, promise me, never let go of that promise, never let go” even though there were no subsequent records of Jack Dawson, she did keep to her promise and him in her memory.

When Rose was asked by her grandchildren why she never talked about Jack she replied “A woman’s heart is a deep ocean of secrets”. This movie shows us that history is nothing more than people living their normal lives, whether in the year 1917, 1990 or 2012, in fact history is taking place at the moment and if we are lucky we will ourselves be acted out in a movie such as this and be remembered throughout history. Let us make every moment on earth count let us make history. In the words of Jack ‘Take a chance, because you never know what hand you’re gonna be dealt with next ’

1 Like

Re: Titanic Movie Review By Me by Enitsua(m): 4:14pm On Aug 04, 2012
Rose Nude drawing
Re: Titanic Movie Review By Me by Nobody: 4:45pm On Aug 04, 2012
Hmmmm, my memory of this play is refreshed all over again,this is a well detailed review,kudos bro! I bet you are the right person to edit my numerious scripts.
Re: Titanic Movie Review By Me by Enitsua(m): 5:05pm On Aug 04, 2012
No problem honey pie am always at your service.
Re: Titanic Movie Review By Me by chikk(f): 10:21pm On Aug 04, 2012
One word....... PERFECT!
Re: Titanic Movie Review By Me by sholay2011(m): 10:05pm On Aug 06, 2012
It's ma favourite movie of all tym...kate winslet was damn beautiful in dat movie...more dan any female character I've seen on-screen...leo was pitch perfect...nice acting...(kate got her second oscar nominatn for dis movie)...nice movie...it won 11 oscars and broke box office records!
Re: Titanic Movie Review By Me by semid4lyfe(m): 3:02am On Aug 07, 2012
I'll pick The Notebook over Titanic anytime anyday. . . .
Re: Titanic Movie Review By Me by OgidiOlu3(m): 6:33am On Aug 07, 2012
@op. You're talented. I hope u'll make a good living out of it someday. I remember your 'letter to nokia e7', it was rily nice too.
Re: Titanic Movie Review By Me by Sijo01(f): 8:29am On Aug 07, 2012
Bra, bra, bra, bra, Bravoooooooo!
Re: Titanic Movie Review By Me by Nobody: 8:32am On Aug 07, 2012
Enitsua: No problem honey pie am always at your service.
. Ok send me your Cell no nd Bb Pin to honeypie@gmail.com
Re: Titanic Movie Review By Me by Nobody: 8:33am On Aug 07, 2012
honeypie311: . Ok send me your Cell no nd Bb Pin to honeypie@gmail.com
. Sorry Honeypie311@gmail.com
Re: Titanic Movie Review By Me by Enitsua(m): 8:47am On Aug 08, 2012
Sijo01: Bra, bra, bra, bra, Bravoooooooo!
thanks Baby
Ogidi-Olu:
@op. You're talented. I hope u'll make a good living out of it someday. I remember your 'letter to nokia e7', it was rily nice too.
yeah i wished naira land paid too, then i would have been writing at every chance i have
Re: Titanic Movie Review By Me by Enitsua(m): 8:50am On Aug 08, 2012
honeypie311: . Ok send me your Cell no nd Bb Pin to honeypie@gmail.com
okay baby, i just sent it

semid4lyfe: I'll pick The Notebook over Titanic anytime anyday. . . .
when am chanced i'l write Titanic v. The note book, watch out, i prefer titanic though

(1) (Reply)

Help Pls Guys, I Need A Romance/sex Filled Tv Series / Green Passport Tv: Nigerian's 1st International Reality Tv Show! / Sneaking Food Into Movie Theaters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.