Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,953 members, 7,817,796 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:53 PM

Sports & Steriods! - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Sports & Steriods! (1009 Views)

Female Bodybuilders Before And After - Affects Of Steriods / Do You Believe Roger Clemens Didn't Take Steriods? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Sports & Steriods! by odada(m): 10:25pm On Dec 16, 2007
My gosh its so apalling these days when you wake up to grace the news and you are greeted by another sports personality that has been disgraced to the use of PERFORMANCE ENHARNCING DRUGS sad sad,the menace is sweeping quitely and clearly through out the sports world!recently the NBA(Natiaonal Baseball Association)in the united states issued a list of sports personnel in its field that use steriods?we cannot forget the humilation of a self confessed athlete MARION JONES that was stripped of her olympic titles after she confessed to the use of banned performance enhancing drugs!I wonder what the world of sprts has turned into?it cuts accross every sport,athlete and sports person in the world?

Whats the solution to this menace that is eating deep and causing a national disgrace to our sports persons and followers
Re: Sports & Steriods! by odada(m): 8:28am On Dec 17, 2007
Dope testing hasnt been helping enough with some athletes and sportsmen testing negative while they are actually using banned substances? as in the case of Marion jones some of the testing equipments cannot detect the drugs until months or even years later!

A friend of mine joked on our table at victorrs bar one night that come 2008 the chineese will win all the olympic medals owing not to drugs but herbs!he says they have come up with these natural herbs that do wonders to their sportsmen/women!I wonder if the LOC/IOC will look in to the matter and consider taking some actions?thats if the gist is true anyways?

Your opinions and views on the issue is still very much needed?

(1) (Reply)

Grand Slam Sunday!who Rules In England? / Gunmen Kill Amokachi’s Brother / Mikel Set To Leave Chelsea

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.