Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,163 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:48 AM

I Hate To Describe Boko Haram As Terrorists, Although They Act Just Like Them - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Hate To Describe Boko Haram As Terrorists, Although They Act Just Like Them (819 Views)

BREAKING: Over 50 Killed, Many Injured As Terrorists Attack Market In Borno / FG And Nigerian Military Describe CNN Report On Boko Haram As Satanic / Why The US Wont Tag Boko-Haram As A Terrorist Group (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Hate To Describe Boko Haram As Terrorists, Although They Act Just Like Them by VoodooDoll(m): 8:33pm On Aug 04, 2012
I Hate to Describe Boko Haram as Terrorists, Although They Act Just Like Them – Goodluck Jonathan

In an address presented on his behalf by his deputy, Namadi Sambo, at the graduation ceremony of the National Defence College Course 20, in Abuja on Friday, President, Goodluck Jonathan has made it clear that it is a difficult task for the Federal Government to surmount the challenges posed by terrorism in the country.

Among other things, the president stressed the cooperation of all patriotic Nigerian in tackling the terrorists. The President pointed out that Nigerians must do everything possible to uncover the various terrorist hideouts in the county. He also challenged the security and intelligence agencies to take up the challenge to expose the various threats to national security through effective inter-agency collaboration.

According to the address, “Our security will therefore require the best intelligence to reveal threats hidden in built-up areas, in hills, in forests, in remote settlements and so on… Inter-agency cooperation among our security agencies must be reinforced and our responses must be swift… Above all, our security will require the participation of all loyal citizens of this country. The work ahead is complex and difficult; so, are the choices before us.”

The address continues: “I hate to describe the enemies as terrorists, but they operate just like them. We must uncover their cells using all available tools. We will work with all our friends in confronting terrorism… We are in a conflict between the good and the evil and we must be bold enough to call evil by its name. This evil goes by the name Boko Haram.”

Source: http://www.informationnigeria.org/2012/08/i-hate-to-describe-boko-haram-as-terrorists-although-they-act-just-like-them-jonathan.html
Re: I Hate To Describe Boko Haram As Terrorists, Although They Act Just Like Them by VoodooDoll(m): 8:37pm On Aug 04, 2012
Why can't Nigeria's leadership call Boko Haram a terrorist group without blinking.

Why are these wretched duo of Jonathan and Sambo such a cowardly bunch?
Re: I Hate To Describe Boko Haram As Terrorists, Although They Act Just Like Them by musiwa44: 8:55pm On Aug 04, 2012
it is how you see it.. I believe there is civil war in Nigeria now. Boko haram may be term a rebel group in Nigeria if you agree to civil war status. But if you dont agree to civil war in nigeria. it makes boko haram a terrorist group.

But there is civil war in Nigeria.. this bombing, dont look ordinary . they wear bullet prove and use bombs.. they are bombing up place and people. That i think is a civil war..

the problem is , nigeria is so big, that people dont know civil war already started.. it takes 2 or 3 days to get to some places in Nigeria. You see nigeria govt control the media. even the private media cant speak up.. because they depend on the govt for money from AD. more than 100 bombing and everyday, that is a civil war.
Re: I Hate To Describe Boko Haram As Terrorists, Although They Act Just Like Them by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 11:52am On Aug 09, 2012
They are Terrorist GEJ, Bloody Terrorists just as MEND are Terrorist and a Threat to National Security - they should be labelled as Terrorists and treated as such - killed with impunity

While it may seem unfair to criticize the President & Commander-in-Chief of the Federal Republic of Nigeria at a time of heightened National Insecurity and Economic Stagnancy, His comments of late seem to point to the FACT that he needs to allow his speeches and comments reviewed for Brevity and Sense before he goes out in public and the international scene causing wonder and shock-horror. He was sound until the closing remarks

Innocent Nigerians are being murdered daily and FG accords respect and diplomacy to the perpetrators - is it that any group can just take up arms for some inane cause, kill innocent civilians and get respect and amnesty from the Federal Government angry
Re: I Hate To Describe Boko Haram As Terrorists, Although They Act Just Like Them by amosy007: 12:29pm On Aug 09, 2012
@musiwa
what is the satelite picture of Gej/sambos thought? Why are dey afraid of calling a spade a spade?
Is d satelite picture not clear enough and needs to be taken again?
Re: I Hate To Describe Boko Haram As Terrorists, Although They Act Just Like Them by KiKatanga: 12:52pm On Aug 09, 2012
Terrorist Test:

Do they kill people to try get their political way?

End of Questionnaire.
Re: I Hate To Describe Boko Haram As Terrorists, Although They Act Just Like Them by Detongue: 1:01pm On Aug 09, 2012
Pls GEJ, call dem by dir real name TERRORIST. U can add DEMONS to it

(1) (Reply)

Barack Obama Baseball Bat Photograph Angers Turkish Political Circles / Survivors Of Deeper Life Bible Church Attack Count Losses / Staff And Crew Of 'innocence Of Muslim' Were Grossly Misled

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.