Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,825 members, 7,820,902 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:26 AM

Ibori Is Denied Bail - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ibori Is Denied Bail (2085 Views)

See Nnamdi Kanu’s Facial Expression When He Was Denied Bail (photos) / Lecturer Dr Danfulani Arrested For Criticizing Buhari On Facebook Denied Bail / Hurraaaaaaaaaaay!!!! James Ibori Is Coming Back Home Soon! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ibori Is Denied Bail by BigB11(m): 10:11pm On Dec 17, 2007
I'm with you 100%
Re: Ibori Is Denied Bail by McKren(m): 10:11pm On Dec 17, 2007
LOL Onitsha boys club grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Ibori Is Denied Bail by debosky(m): 10:12pm On Dec 17, 2007
I kinda like that name grin grin
Re: Ibori Is Denied Bail by BigB11(m): 10:14pm On Dec 17, 2007
The connection between all 3 of you (McKren, Iyke-D and Debosky) is incompressible; sometimes, I'm very jealous.
Re: Ibori Is Denied Bail by McKren(m): 10:17pm On Dec 17, 2007
You can be a fourth if only you will always stand for Justice
Re: Ibori Is Denied Bail by BigB11(m): 10:18pm On Dec 17, 2007
All I'm saying is for the Fed to be very careful and avoid any unnecessary mistakes. Do not give these thieves anything to capitalize on.
Re: Ibori Is Denied Bail by IykeD1(m): 10:20pm On Dec 17, 2007
@Big1

You are not a bad guy after all, we just need you to stand on the side of the down-trodden
by supporting the EFCC and any effort to not only denounce but extinguish corruption in
Nigeria. The EFCC is not perfect (no aspect of the country is even close to being perfect) but
its a step in the right direction.
Re: Ibori Is Denied Bail by McKren(m): 10:21pm On Dec 17, 2007
Ibori may be granted bail in January, but probably he needs to make a proper application not the oral application he made. After which he will now be needed to meet bail terms not going to induce a bunch of idle boys who call themselves Camorra Gomora
Re: Ibori Is Denied Bail by BigB11(m): 10:22pm On Dec 17, 2007
You can be a fourth if only you will always stand for Justice

FYI: I've been invited several times by Debosky, but I refused. I prefer the northern folks for now.
Re: Ibori Is Denied Bail by BigB11(m): 10:23pm On Dec 17, 2007
Ibori may be granted bail in January, but probably he needs to make a proper application not the oral application he made. After which he will now be needed to meet bail terms not going to induce a bunch of idle boys who call themselves Camorra Gomora

Good point!
Re: Ibori Is Denied Bail by BigB11(m): 10:26pm On Dec 17, 2007
@Big1

You are not a bad guy after all, we just need you to stand on the side of the down-trodden
by supporting the EFCC and any effort to not only denounce but extinguish corruption in
Nigeria. The EFCC is not perfect (no aspect of the country is even close to being perfect) but
its a step in the right direction.

I have too much information regarding EFCC shady businesses, which makes it very difficult for me to give them a chance.
But you just never know, tomorrow may be a better day!
Re: Ibori Is Denied Bail by McKren(m): 11:04pm On Dec 17, 2007
Big B1:

FYI: I've been invited several times by Debosky, but I refused. I prefer the northern folks for now.

Well was not inviting you to a Southern club, only asking you to stand for justice
Re: Ibori Is Denied Bail by BigB11(m): 11:19pm On Dec 17, 2007
Oh yes, it is absolutely a right thing for one to stand upright for justice, but foolish to always settle for less (short cuts and half job done); and that is what sets me apart from a bunch.
Re: Ibori Is Denied Bail by babasin(m): 11:20pm On Dec 17, 2007
We need to
make example with Ibori that our governors are not elected to loot but to serve
the state.

I wonder what you have said, if IBORI has settled/shared you in the loot!!

so much for nigerians sense of 'rule of law' and justice
Re: Ibori Is Denied Bail by IykeD1(m): 11:29pm On Dec 17, 2007

I have too much information regarding EFCC shady businesses, which makes it very difficult
for me to give them a chance. But you just never know, tomorrow may be a better day!

A lot of people (including you) didn't think Ibori can be touched, but as you and I know now,
Ibori won't be spending Christmas in Florida. For all that is worth, its a start and all well
meaning Nigerians should encourage such actions from the EFCC - a baby doesn't go from
crawling to running.
Re: Ibori Is Denied Bail by IykeD1(m): 11:35pm On Dec 17, 2007

I wonder what you have said, if IBORI has settled/shared you in the loot!!

so much for nigerians sense of 'rule of law' and justice

And I suppose Ibori has settled you already as your recent posts may be
indicating. . . at least we now understand what "rule of law" means to you.
Re: Ibori Is Denied Bail by BigB11(m): 11:35pm On Dec 17, 2007
Again, you just never know what tomorrow will bring.

Let's see.
Re: Ibori Is Denied Bail by BigB11(m): 11:37pm On Dec 17, 2007
It's too early for any kudos.

I will give them kudos as soon as EHINDERO is captured and lockup.
Re: Ibori Is Denied Bail by ono(m): 7:38am On Dec 18, 2007
Big B1:

I will give them kudos as soon as EHINDERO is captured and lockup.

. . . . . .yeah . . . . .that one.
Re: Ibori Is Denied Bail by almondjoy(f): 8:21am On Dec 18, 2007
IBB and OBJ too! cool
Re: Ibori Is Denied Bail by Afam(m): 8:27am On Dec 18, 2007
Iyke-D:

And I suppose Ibori has settled you already as your recent posts may be
indicating. . . at least we now understand what "rule of law" means to you.

I cannot believe posts coming from babasin as they are more in support of corruption than they are against them. God help us.
Re: Ibori Is Denied Bail by babasin(m): 8:37am On Dec 18, 2007
Counsel to Ibori, Mr. Joseph Daudu (SAN), who was the first to address the court after the ruling, said since the ruling was not explicit on where to remand Ibori, the court should order the former governor to be remanded in prison custody, preferably Kaduna Prisons since the trial was taking place in Kaduna.
He complained that EFCC was not disposed to allowing the accused access to his counsel, noting that, "EFCC took it upon itself to nominate which counsel of the defence team to see the accused."
Re: Ibori Is Denied Bail by youngies(m): 12:52pm On Dec 18, 2007
Point to note:

A Federal High Court anywhere in Nigeria has equal and the same coordinate jurisdiction. The Feds can decide to try Chimaroke Nnamani in Maiduguri Federal High Court. It is the same as trying him in Enugu.

I personally would have preffered Ibori to be tried at a Federal High Court Sokoto or Kano, that way his nude protesters will have a difficult time shipping themselves over there let alone females stripping themselves in midst of the muslem almajiris.
Re: Ibori Is Denied Bail by youngies(m): 12:54pm On Dec 18, 2007
Point to note:

A Federal High Court anywhere in Nigeria has equal and the same coordinate jurisdiction. The Feds can decide to try Chimaroke Nnamani in Maiduguri Federal High Court. It is the same as trying him in Enugu.

I personally would have preffered Ibori to be tried at a Federal High Court Sokoto or Kano, that way his nude protesters will have a difficult time shipping themselves over there let alone females stripping themselves in midst of the muslem almajiris.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Adeboye and Ibori / Zones That Have Produced Nigeria's Head Of State / Over A Million Nigerians Will Die If Nyos Dam Should Collapse Says NEMA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.