Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,942 members, 7,817,763 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:52 PM

Why Do Muslims Think That The Comforter Jesus Christ Promised Is Muhammad? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Why Do Muslims Think That The Comforter Jesus Christ Promised Is Muhammad? (9992 Views)

Muhammad cannot be the Comforter / Who Is The Comforter Jesus Promised / Is Muhammad Truly A Prophet ? The Interview (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Muslims Think That The Comforter Jesus Christ Promised Is Muhammad? by bukatyne(f): 4:25pm On Aug 05, 2012
i've been goin through some threads now and it seems muslims have this fantasy that Muhammad is the Comforter Jesus Christ promised. I'm surprised they cling to that even when they claim the Bible is corrupted. my question is why do they believe so? i believe this thread ll help them clear all doubts that The Holy Spirit and Mohammed have no relationship/correlation. No bashing, pls let's state our points in a matured way. thanks

1 Like

Re: Why Do Muslims Think That The Comforter Jesus Christ Promised Is Muhammad? by bukatyne(f): 6:34pm On Aug 06, 2012
i would really appreciate it if viewers dropped their views! take care
Re: Why Do Muslims Think That The Comforter Jesus Christ Promised Is Muhammad? by lepasharon(f): 11:00pm On Sep 02, 2012
no mind them..the bible says a comforter who will be with you FOREVER.Mohammed was not here forever,and he sure aint no comforter..

1 Like

Re: Why Do Muslims Think That The Comforter Jesus Christ Promised Is Muhammad? by bukatyne(f): 11:24pm On Sep 02, 2012
lepasharon: no mind them..the bible says a comforter who will be with you FOREVER.Mohammed was not here forever,and he sure aint no comforter..
thanks. i know it's true but i wonder wat makes them think that.
Re: Why Do Muslims Think That The Comforter Jesus Christ Promised Is Muhammad? by maclatunji: 9:45am On Sep 03, 2012
bukatyne: thanks. i know it's true but i wonder wat makes them think that.

Think deeply, Jesus (AS) was never married for example. What lessons can you learn from him in terms of marriage or being a father? It is silly to think that God would send Prophets to the earth and would not seek to give proper guidance in terms of the basic social unit of human existence which is the family.

We Musims love Jesus (AS) but understand that his mission was limited. Hence, there had to be someone who would come after him to complete God's divine message for man that had been revealed bit-by-bit from the time of Adam (AS). That person is Prophet Muhammad (SAW) and like you said, Jesus (AS) did tell of his coming.

If you just think without the bias of all you have been trained with, you will understand that this makes more sense than claiming that Jesus was talking of the "Holy Spirit". The concept of the Holy Spirit is even more laughable than that of God having "a son." Think about these points deeply.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Muslims Think That The Comforter Jesus Christ Promised Is Muhammad? by Nobody: 10:24am On Sep 03, 2012
For anyone who believes in Jesus Christ we know for fact that mohammed is not our comforter. We know the spirit of God has existed since the beginning of creation and since God lives forever his spirit abides with those who are willing and able to submit to his authority. Naturally there will always be those who scorn the existence of the holy spirit but should not be our concern.

Mohammed is not the comforter our lord Jesus promised us.How can he be since he is long dead and will rise like the rest of us on the last day to be judged. But praise be to the Almighty God in the name of his holy child Jesus who in his infinite wisdom allows us to have fellowship with his spirit even here on earth.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Muslims Think That The Comforter Jesus Christ Promised Is Muhammad? by Sweetnecta: 12:36pm On Sep 03, 2012
@andromida
by andromida(f): 10:24am
For anyone who believes in Jesus Christ we know for fact that mohammed is not our comforter.
who is therefore the 'another comforter" meaning "comforter" class is more than one entity? one comforter at least must have existed before the "another comforter" is to come. No?

We know the spirit of God has existed since the beginning of creation and since God lives forever his spirit abides with those who are willing and able to submit to his authority. Naturally there will always be those who scorn the existence of the holy spirit but should not be our concern.
whats the relevance of this to the another comforter promised? are you saying that it is the holy spirit to be another comforter? would it not be prudent and direct to say i will send another holy spirit, if it is? after all your guy paul said there are 7 spirits of God. another comforter is promised to the disciples of 12, prior to judas taking his own life. one will wonder if Jesus is unaware that judas will kill himself. one will further wonder if Jesus is not aware that his students will be quick to forget the reason the another comforter will come to correct, reteach them, provide new information Jesus never provided, praise Jesus, etc. Or did Jesus happened to have gotten it wrong, or was it the Bible scribes or you the later generations of christians or all of you or combination of the 3 groups about the another comforter? who was the previous comforter before the another comforter? give me a name.

Mohammed is not the comforter our lord Jesus promised us.
here are your problems: you will dubiously claim that your Lord God is 1. yet here you have stated that Jesus is your lord. maybe your God too? i am sure the holy spirit is your lord and maybe your God in addition. definitely you will say Jehovah Yahweh is your Lord God. But Jesus said his own Lord God is One, being the Lord God of all, especially his people, the children of Israel. But on the cross the hanging biblical Jesus, if you believe the bible while dying cried out to his God Whose name is Ellah, so much so that the crucifying Jews said he is calling Ellias. Are you not possibly wrong in this matter of Jesus being your lord and other matters, if Jesus is right?

How can he be since he is long dead and will rise like the rest of us on the last day to be judged.
so being dead negates Muhammad [sa] is your proof? who is the first comforter, who is the last comforter before the another comforter? The father of faith Abraham who is also the best friend of God is dead. Adam created by God is dead. Noah who the whole world was destroyed in his time died. Moses who God spoke to died. John who there is no sin recorded against him died. You see that your argument falls flat.

The Biblical Jesus according to your faith died, except that you said he has risen. But he is not here, being lifted up by God. Enoch did not die on earth. Elijah did not die on earth, too. You see that no argument against Muhammad [sa] just because he died?

The Quran is preserved better and unchanging compared to the Torah, Sabur, and Injil. No prophet except Muhammad [sa] built a place of worship. No prophet instructed his community of the process of faith in and worship of God that the community did not change, except Muhammad [sa]. No prophet one can say was dedicated to his mission and his community became dedicated to it trying to imitate him except Muhammad [sa]. No prophet whose story of his life is so detailed as much as Muhammad [sa]. You have almost 17 years or more unknown about Jesus, while the whole of 63 of Muhammad [sa] are on record. Everyone shall die, including the angels [as], even death shall die. We in Islam say that Jesus has not died but in his return shall die.

But praise be to the Almighty God in the name of his holy child
you have a father. definitely you have a mother. whats the relationship of your father to your mother? mine was husband and wife. whats the relation of mother of Jesus to whosoever you call his father? I think you need to read what the holy spirit to his mother to produce him. can holy spirit who got him as a son now be the another comforter he sent to the disciples?

Jesus who in his infinite wisdom
infinite wisdom when he did not know the time of the hour? he was not te most wise among bible personalities; Solomon was.

allows us to have fellowship with his spirit even here on earth.
when we look at the functions of the promised 'another comforter', we are supposed to see new information that was not on the table before. please tell me what did the holy spirit provide as new information that was not available in the time of Jesus?

we also know that the holy spirit was to correct the disciples. what were they wrong in after Jesus left and what did the holy spirit correct them with?

we also know he was to lead them to new things. what did the holy spirit lead them into that is new?

we also know he was to glorify Jesus. how did the holy spirit glorify Jesus, whose young mother even today the jews continue to make fun of?

Anything that Jesus said about the another comforter to come by announcement, you find it in surah assaffat verse 6. I believe Jesus because of Quran and what Muhammad [sa] said. What i believe about Jesus makes logical and emotional and spiritual sense. if i look at the bible, I will see contradictions about God between and within OT and NT, illogical qualities of God and then Jesus. All of these within a book that says its from God and no one else and God is not the Author of confusion. I then read where curse is heaped on those who will use their mind so that they may conclude that there is still a different Gospel; the one Jesus preached, not any about Jesus.

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Muslims Think That The Comforter Jesus Christ Promised Is Muhammad? by Sweetnecta: 1:10pm On Sep 03, 2012
@bukatyne:
by bukatyne(f): 4:25pm On Aug 05
i've been goin through some threads now and it seems muslims have this fantasy that Muhammad is the Comforter Jesus Christ promised. I'm surprised they cling to that even when they claim the Bible is corrupted. my question is why do they believe so?
there is no fantasy, but reality unless the another comforter has not come, yet? no one fulfill the duties out lined by Jesus that the another comforter will carry out, considering that Muhammad [sa] was a cousin of Jesus [as] trough Ibrahim [as] the father of true faith and not faiths. And just because a female is corrupt does not make her not to be a woman, still since there are still elements of womanhood remaining still. Same with the Bible: God did not reveal it to any prophet, But God revealed Torah to Moses. Sabur to David [as] and Injil to Jesus [as]. Since each was successive after the former, the purity of each when the prophet that received it was alive was at its highest. Hence, when Jesus was alive what he was preaching was more pure than the Torah that was in the community before him. This was his reason that he was correcting and admonishing his people, whom he was sent. Quran is preserved during the lifetime of the Messenger [sa] and remains in the authentic form, in its original arabic.

i believe this thread ll help them clear all doubts that The Holy Spirit and Mohammed have no relationship/correlation. No bashing, pls let's state our points in a matured way. thanks
Holy spirit is synonymous with prophet of God, being "spirit from Him" in the test the spirit as see if it is from God. A prophet is a warner, a teacher, a leader from God. so your holy spirit who did not fulfill any of the roles of "another comforter" cant be what Jesus promised. I doubt if the students of Jesus would be so daft to have forgotten what Jesus taught so quickly that they needed correction on Day of Pentecost.

by bukatyne(f): 6:34pm On Aug 06
i would really appreciate it if viewers dropped their views! take care
i hope you will return to examine all about Jesus statement about another comforter giving the opinion that there must be at least one former before the another comforter. I hope you will let us examine the functions of another comforter, and just maybe 'comforter' as a whole, former and another that is after all the former. I also hope that you will appreciate the examining of prophet being teacher, etc and definitely a spirit of truth as in good spirit against non prophets claiming to be prophets, hence are false spirits.

@lepasharon:
by lepasharon(f): 11:00pm On Sep 02
no mind them..the bible says a comforter who will be with you FOREVER.Mohammed was not here forever,and he sure aint no comforter..
sisi legelege. you fall my hand, gurl. define comforter first, considering another must mean there was at least one before? Give me the name of the former and his/its functions? any record you know? After this, you may know that Moses is forever with the Jews by his Torah. Each noble people are with us in goodness in our memory. The evil tyrant pharaoh [lanatUllah] is remembered and we curse him. And I am sure you must have heard you will always be in our memory and forever with us? Muhammad [sa] is here by Quran, his Hadith, his Sunnah, his Sirah. His mission has led us to One God instead of the confused concept of 3 persons in God. We have a firm process of worship, including obedience to God. We do not make our own ways. Its Muhammad [sa] that deviates my mind from accepting what the jews still say about Mary and having a baby. It is Muhammad [sa] that I know that a person can faith/play dead, a situation that may have happened to Jesus but not death that could made him a cursed soul.

by bukatyne(f): 11:24pm On Sep 02

lepasharon: no mind them..the bible says a comforter who will be with you FOREVER.Mohammed was not here forever,and he sure aint no comforter..

thanks. i know it's true but i wonder wat makes them think that.
don't mind sisi legelege lepasharon. she has no clue of what she is saying. I am waiting for all of you ladies to provide proofs. And i will provide mine while shooting down all your trial balloons.
Re: Why Do Muslims Think That The Comforter Jesus Christ Promised Is Muhammad? by Nobody: 9:36pm On Sep 03, 2012
@sweetnecta

John 14 vs 26;But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

From the passage above the holy ghost will be sent in the name of Jesus by the father.Mohammed did not come in the name of Jesus christ. In other passages we are assured that the holy spirit will abide with us forever. I am more than certain mohammed is not living forever.Mohammed does not even know God as father.

Jesus is Alive.I know you don't believe this because your book says otherwise but faith is the evidence of things not seen the hope of things to come.I know you have read the bible back and forth to pick holes and criticize but I compare scriptures in the bible to scriptures in the bible not the koran.
Re: Why Do Muslims Think That The Comforter Jesus Christ Promised Is Muhammad? by Nobody: 9:51pm On Sep 03, 2012
@sweetnecta

Jesus did die for humanity and rose on the third day and is sitted at the right hand of God and no he is not coming back to die.
Re: Why Do Muslims Think That The Comforter Jesus Christ Promised Is Muhammad? by nakash: 10:20pm On Sep 03, 2012
@sweet quoting the bible to justify muhammad as usual. And they say the bible is corrupt when it does not suit their slanted religion. I
andromida: @sweetnecta

Jesus did die for humanity and rose on the third day and is sitted at the right hand of God and no he is not coming back to die.
Re: Why Do Muslims Think That The Comforter Jesus Christ Promised Is Muhammad? by maclatunji: 11:10pm On Sep 03, 2012

I guess if you repeat that long and hard enough, you will actually believe that. Jesus (according to the Bible) was crucified abi? What's special about that (apart from you being brainwashed with it)? There have been hundreds or thousands of people crucified over time so what would be the big deal to humanity if another man was added to the list?
Re: Why Do Muslims Think That The Comforter Jesus Christ Promised Is Muhammad? by bukatyne(f): 11:19pm On Sep 03, 2012
maclatunji:

Think deeply, Jesus (AS) was never married for example. What lessons can you learn from him in terms of marriage or being a father? It is silly to think that God would send Prophets to the earth and would not seek to give proper guidance in terms of the basic social unit of human existence which is the family.

We Musims love Jesus (AS) but understand that his mission was limited. Hence, there had to be someone who would come after him to complete God's divine message for man that had been revealed bit-by-bit from the time of Adam (AS). That person is Prophet Muhammad (SAW) and like you said, Jesus (AS) did tell of his coming.

If you just think without the bias of all you have been trained with, you will understand that this makes more sense than claiming that Jesus was talking of the "Holy Spirit". The concept of the Holy Spirit is even more laughable than that of God having "a son." Think about these points deeply.
read John chapters 14 - 16. a question for u; do u think we worship the same God?
Re: Why Do Muslims Think That The Comforter Jesus Christ Promised Is Muhammad? by bukatyne(f): 11:21pm On Sep 03, 2012
andromida: For anyone who believes in Jesus Christ we know for fact that mohammed is not our comforter. We know the spirit of God has existed since the beginning of creation and since God lives forever his spirit abides with those who are willing and able to submit to his authority. Naturally there will always be those who scorn the existence of the holy spirit but should not be our concern.

Mohammed is not the comforter our lord Jesus promised us.How can he be since he is long dead and will rise like the rest of us on the last day to be judged. But praise be to the Almighty God in the name of his holy child Jesus who in his infinite wisdom allows us to have fellowship with his spirit even here on earth.
good one!
Re: Why Do Muslims Think That The Comforter Jesus Christ Promised Is Muhammad? by bukatyne(f): 11:25pm On Sep 03, 2012
Sweetnecta: @bukatyne: there is no fantasy, but reality unless the another comforter has not come, yet? no one fulfill the duties out lined by Jesus that the another comforter will carry out, considering that Muhammad [sa] was a cousin of Jesus [as] trough Ibrahim [as] the father of true faith and not faiths. And just because a female is corrupt does not make her not to be a woman, still since there are still elements of womanhood remaining still. Same with the Bible: God did not reveal it to any prophet, But God revealed Torah to Moses. Sabur to David [as] and Injil to Jesus [as]. Since each was successive after the former, the purity of each when the prophet that received it was alive was at its highest. Hence, when Jesus was alive what he was preaching was more pure than the Torah that was in the community before him. This was his reason that he was correcting and admonishing his people, whom he was sent. Quran is preserved during the lifetime of the Messenger [sa] and remains in the authentic form, in its original arabic.

Holy spirit is synonymous with prophet of God, being "spirit from Him" in the test the spirit as see if it is from God. A prophet is a warner, a teacher, a leader from God. so your holy spirit who did not fulfill any of the roles of "another comforter" cant be what Jesus promised. I doubt if the students of Jesus would be so daft to have forgotten what Jesus taught so quickly that they needed correction on Day of Pentecost.

i hope you will return to examine all about Jesus statement about another comforter giving the opinion that there must be at least one former before the another comforter. I hope you will let us examine the functions of another comforter, and just maybe 'comforter' as a whole, former and another that is after all the former. I also hope that you will appreciate the examining of prophet being teacher,
do you think we serve the same God?
Re: Why Do Muslims Think That The Comforter Jesus Christ Promised Is Muhammad? by bukatyne(f): 11:29pm On Sep 03, 2012
maclatunji:

I guess if you repeat that long and hard enough, you will actually believe that. Jesus (according to the Bible) was crucified abi? What's special about that (apart from you being brainwashed with it)? There have been hundreds or thousands of people crucified over time so what would be the big deal to humanity if another man was added to the list?
Jesus Christ was God who came in the form of flesh (man) to die for our sins. His blood that was shed on calvary heals, saves, delivers, cleanses, makes one whole, redeems etc. read Philippians 2
Re: Why Do Muslims Think That The Comforter Jesus Christ Promised Is Muhammad? by LagosShia: 11:43pm On Sep 03, 2012
every prophet in his days was the way,the truth and the life.only Muhammad (sa) sent as a mercy to mankind as stated in the holy Quran is the way,the truth and the life of all times up to the day of judgement and even afterwards.

that is exactly what Jesus (may the peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said about Muhammad (sa).

from the below also,you can see that Jesus (as) could not have taught "all truth" because of time constraint during his stay on earth and persecution he faced:

John 16:12-15
12 "I have yet many things to say to you, but you cannot bear them now.13 When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth; for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come. 14 He will glorify me, for he will take what is mine and declare it to you. 15 All that the Father has is mine; therefore I said that he will take what is mine and declare it to you.

even if you do not agree out of fanaticism that Muhammad (sa) is the prophet described as the "spirit of truth" -note that in the bible's new testament a prophet is called a spirit.

1 John 4:1
" Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world".

1 John 4:3
"And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world".

and also the prophet to come is referred to as the "paraclete",my point is to show you that there is "a truth" which even Jesus (as) mentioned and accepted to be greater than him in leading people into "all truth".

Why the "paraclete,comforter,advocate,spirit of truth" to come after Jesus cannot be the christian "holy spirit"?

1.) John 14:16
"And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;"

"another" means "one like the other".which is the former? Jesus! so the next to come would be like Jesus,a prophet sent by God.

Matthew 21:11
And the multitude said, This is Jesus the prophet of Nazareth of Galilee.

2.) John 16:7
"Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you".

going through the bible,we see the presence of the "holy spirit" on earth and experienced in the lives of people before the coming of Jesus (as),during his stay on earth and also after Jesus (as) left.

let us say you and your brother are in the same room with visitors.your brother's name is "Y".if "Y" was with you in the same room,can you tell people that you must leave the room so that "Y" can come in and if you dont leave he would not come in (for whatever reason)?

so how can Jesus (as) say if he does not go the "comforter" will not come if that comforter is already there?the "holy spirit" was already there regardless if Jesus (as) stays or leave.this means we cannot say the "comforter" is the "holy spirit".so we clear see that this person that will lead people into "all truth" is someone like Jesus (as)-a prophet- who will come newly to earth.

please compare the below two verses:

1 John 2:1:
"My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:"

John 14:16:
New Living Translation (©2007)
"And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Advocate, who will never leave you".

1 Like

Re: Why Do Muslims Think That The Comforter Jesus Christ Promised Is Muhammad? by bukatyne(f): 12:05am On Sep 04, 2012
LagosShia: every prophet in his days was the way,the truth and the life.only Muhammad (sa) sent as a mercy to mankind as stated in the holy Quran is the way,the truth and the life of all times up to the day of judgement and even afterwards.

that is exactly what Jesus (may the peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said about Muhammad (sa).

from the below also,you can see that Jesus (as) could not have taught "all truth" because of time constraint during his stay on earth and persecution he faced:

John 16:12-15
12 "I have yet many things to say to you, but you cannot bear them now.13 When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth; for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come. 14 He will glorify me, for he will take what is mine and declare it to you. 15 All that the Father has is mine; therefore I said that he will take what is mine and declare it to you.

even if you do not agree out of fanaticism that Muhammad (sa) is the prophet described as the "spirit of truth" -note that in the bible's new testament a prophet is called a spirit.

1 John 4:1
" Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world".

1 John 4:3
"And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world".

and also the prophet to come is referred to as the "paraclete",my point is to show you that there is "a truth" which even Jesus (as) mentioned and accepted to be greater than him in leading people into "all truth".

and you got from John 16: 12-15 that Mohammed is the Spirit of Truth? was he a spirit? Do Christians and muslims serve the same God?
Re: Why Do Muslims Think That The Comforter Jesus Christ Promised Is Muhammad? by LagosShia: 12:22am On Sep 04, 2012
Read more:

"The New Islamic Nation In Undeniable Bible Prophecies"
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-820160.0.html

The Fifth Kingdom(of God) In The Bible Prophecy Of The Book " DANIEL 2" Is Islam!
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-772940.0.html

"Jesus (pbuh) Only Sent To The Jews And Not To Nigerians-leave Him Alone"!
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-821784.0.html

"Islamic Practices In The Bible Unknown To Christians"
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-817518.0.html
Re: Why Do Muslims Think That The Comforter Jesus Christ Promised Is Muhammad? by bukatyne(f): 12:29am On Sep 04, 2012
LagosShia: Read more:

"The New Islamic Nation In Undeniable Bible Prophecies"
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-820160.0.html

The Fifth Kingdom(of God) In The Bible Prophecy Of The Book " DANIEL 2" Is Islam!
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-772940.0.html

"Jesus (pbuh) Only Sent To The Jews And Not To Nigerians-leave Him Alone"!
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-821784.0.html

"Islamic Practices In The Bible Unknown To Christians"
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-817518.0.html
my dear, you have not answered my question: do you think christians and muslims serve the same God?
Re: Why Do Muslims Think That The Comforter Jesus Christ Promised Is Muhammad? by LagosShia: 12:33am On Sep 04, 2012
bukatyne: and you got from John 16: 12-15 that Mohammed is the Spirit of Truth?

Yes! And also what is for sure and very embarassing is that 2 billion christians falsely believe their 'holy spirit' is the 'comforter'.the bible as I've explained makes it clear your 'holy spirit' isn't the 'comforter'.

was he a spirit?
Yes he is because the bible says a true spirit is a true prophet and a false spirit is a false prophet.therefore 'prophet' and 'spirit' are synonymous biblical terms.

Didn't you read my post where I explained that and used the relevant bible verses?

Do Christians and muslims serve the same God?
We worship the One who made you and made us 'in spirit and in truth'.we worship Him part of our belief in the unseen.if you don't,too bad for you!
Re: Why Do Muslims Think That The Comforter Jesus Christ Promised Is Muhammad? by LagosShia: 12:39am On Sep 04, 2012
bukatyne: my dear, you have not answered my question: do you think christians and muslims serve the same God?

Don't dear me.I'm not your dear.be patient next time as I've replied.or is satan pursuing you?
Re: Why Do Muslims Think That The Comforter Jesus Christ Promised Is Muhammad? by bukatyne(f): 12:48am On Sep 04, 2012
LagosShia:

Yes! And also what is for sure and very embarassing is that 2 billion christians falsely believe their 'holy spirit' is the 'comforter'.the bible as I've explained makes it clear your 'holy spirit' isn't the 'comforter'.

Yes he is because the bible says a true spirit is a true prophet and a false spirit is a false prophet.therefore 'prophet' and 'spirit' are synonymous biblical terms.

Didn't you read my post where I explained that and used the relevant bible verses?

We worship the One who made you and made us 'in spirit and in truth'.we worship Him part of our belief in the unseen.if you don't,too bad for you!
so u believe mohammed was the comforter? would u please explain to billions of christian worldwide the mohammed is the 'comforter'? no, the Bible never equated a prophet and spirit together. moses was a prophet but was never called a spirit etc. if we worship the same God, how come our faiths are different? if u believe that mohammed was the comforter i.e. Jesus propheised that He would send another Comforter because Jesus was a Comforter Himself, why can't u believe when He says 'I am the Way, The Truth and the Life, NOBODY cometh to the Father except through Me', 'I am the Resurrection and Life', 'I am the Bread of Life' etc? why do you choose wat to pick and wat not to pick? the Bible is a whole package! take it all or leave it all! u still didn't answer my question: do christians and muslims serve the same God? yes or no?
Re: Why Do Muslims Think That The Comforter Jesus Christ Promised Is Muhammad? by bukatyne(f): 12:51am On Sep 04, 2012
LagosShia:

Don't dear me.I'm not your dear.be patient next time as I've replied.or is satan pursuing you?
ok, no dears! why would satan pursue you? my Bible tells me to resist the devil and he'll FLEE! so satan can't pursue moi!
Re: Why Do Muslims Think That The Comforter Jesus Christ Promised Is Muhammad? by LagosShia: 12:56am On Sep 04, 2012
bukatyne: ok, no dears! why would satan pursue you? my Bible tells me to resist the devil and he'll FLEE! so satan can't pursue moi!

You've being answered and I'm done with your thread.if you're not happy,get medical help.

Its 1:00am.I need to sleep.I'm sure you'd agree you're not another 'witch for Jesus' like the one Oyedepo gave hot slap in his church.my final advice to you at 1:00am is: get a husband!
Re: Why Do Muslims Think That The Comforter Jesus Christ Promised Is Muhammad? by bukatyne(f): 1:03am On Sep 04, 2012
LagosShia:

You've being answered and I'm done with your thread.if you're not happy,get medical help.

Its 1:00am.I need to sleep.I'm sure you'd agree you're not another 'witch for Jesus' like the one Oyedepo gave hot slap in his church.my final advice to you at 1:00am is: get a husband!
sorry, you haven't answered me. thanks for contributin on this thread even though you ended up saying nothing. and i would also advice you to get a wife because i'm 100% sure you are not sleepchatting and FYI, not all ladies are trained to believe a husband is the beginning and end of their existence! good morning.
Re: Why Do Muslims Think That The Comforter Jesus Christ Promised Is Muhammad? by Sweetnecta: 1:39am On Sep 04, 2012
You ladies need to read what Lagosshia, Maclatunji presented above, if you are honestly seeking the truth to set you free. Dont close your eyes and ears and dull the mind.

@andromida:
by andromida(f): 9:36pm On Sep 03
@sweetnecta

John 14 vs 26;But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things,
tell us how the ghost taught to all things? if you realize that he didnt, then you need to find the real anther comforter who has a voice. ghost dont have voice.

and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.
how quickly they forget if this refers to the disciples. maybe teacher and students are bad for each others reputation? if this verse is true and does not refer to the disciples, then the disciples must have written things he had said to them. then somebody corrupted it, wherein the corruption became the new truth. you will now need the another comforter to bring out the truth to its former glory in the life of the people who have been misled by the corrupters and their corruptions.

From the passage above the holy ghost will be sent in the name of Jesus by the father.Mohammed did not come in the name of Jesus christ.
There is no father but there is God and Jesus is no son and not more than a human prophet, son of man from his own lips. The word of God is put in the mouth of Muhammad [sa] and that is the Quran. It is God Who is Singularly and Uniquely important. Not Jesus. Not Muhammad. No other, since they are each a messenger, a prophet on a mission.

In other passages we are assured that the holy spirit will abide with us forever.
unless you are a disciple of Jesus, there is no way the verse spoke about anyone, except the 12 minus the death disciple. Or do you think the verse is not talking about that generation of followers? interesting that each of them is dead, so how is the ghost abiding with them now? Imagine the forever.

I am more than certain mohammed is not living forever.
neither is Adam, Enoch, Noah, Abraham, Ishmael, Isaac, Jacob, Joseph, Moses, Aaron, etc and Jesus is not here and you definitely dont know his present condition. Yet you talk about them as if they are here. Imagine Muhammad [sa] whose book the Quran from his Lord is still in Original Language and in use daily should he be just as considered as abiding forever in the minds of believers?

Mohammed does not even know God as father.
God is not your father and you know it, unless God is from your hometown? You know whodaddy is and his nigerian wife.

Jesus is Alive.
So is Muhammad [sa] and all the martyrs in Islam.

I know you don't believe this because your book says otherwise but faith is the evidence of things not seen the hope of things to come.I know you have read the bible back and forth to pick holes and criticize but I compare scriptures in the bible to scriptures in the bible not the koran.
? You lost me. Faith, we in Islam have it. Belief we have it too. Assurance we have it also. Hope we have it, just the same.

by andromida(f): 9:51pm On Sep 03
@sweetnecta

this is from your own desire, since you will not be able to get 3 nights and 3 days from friday evening to dawn of sunday. oh. Jonah was alive from ship to shore and in between in the belly of the whale.

@nakash:
nakash: 10:20pm On Sep 03
@sweet quoting the bible to justify muhammad as usual.
hardly. what appears in Quran, you have similar in the bible, hence i just show you the truth that remain in your Bible. if you notice, i will not quote what is not in the Quran, like trinity, ghost overshadowing marry, etc.

And they say the bible is corrupt when it does not suit their slanted religion.
how do you reconcile Jesus is God, Ghost is God [the same ghost sent as another comforter, by your argument], and Yahweh is God and you claim God is 1? Are Yahweh, Ghost and Jesus the Jesus that got hung?

@andromida:

prove it. start by getting me 3 nights and days from friday evening to dawn of sunday. it should be easy.
Re: Why Do Muslims Think That The Comforter Jesus Christ Promised Is Muhammad? by bukatyne(f): 1:50am On Sep 04, 2012
@sweetnectar: the Holy Ghost lives IN christians. that's how He performs His ministry of teaching, comforting, convicting etc. the Holy Ghost is part of the God head so He's alive. Jesus Christ said it in so many places that God is our Father. if you say the God you serve is not your father, then i ask again: are christians and muslims serving the same God? i want a yes or no answer and we continue from there.
Re: Why Do Muslims Think That The Comforter Jesus Christ Promised Is Muhammad? by maclatunji: 6:16am On Sep 04, 2012
bukatyne: @sweetnectar: the Holy Ghost lives IN christians. that's how He performs His ministry of teaching, comforting, convicting etc. the Holy Ghost is part of the God head so He's alive. Jesus Christ said it in so many places that God is our Father. if you say the God you serve is not your father, then i ask again: are christians and muslims serving the same God? i want a yes or no answer and we continue from there.

Define the Holy Ghost as you call it. What are its attributes? By the way, you're asking the wrong question. The question you should be asking is: Who is God and what are his attributes?

Your question about about whether Muslims and Christians serve the same God is rather obtuse and irrelevant.

It is like asking your friends, are you friends with the same Bukatyne? There's only one Bukatyne. However, your friends cannot understand who you are to the same degree. However, it would be fair to ask anybody that knows you this : Who is Bukatyne?

Hence, I ask you: Who is God?

Give us a proper definition.
Re: Why Do Muslims Think That The Comforter Jesus Christ Promised Is Muhammad? by tiarabubu: 8:22am On Sep 04, 2012
Why all the Bible verses from you on this matter. Why no try to show Mohammed as the comforter USING Koranic verses?

If Christians were to look out for the comforter and Mohammed is the comforter, the Koran should have told us.

Oya LagosShia, sweetnecta and ore mi Maclatunji show us using the Koran that Mohammed was the comforter Christians are to look out for and we will have a basis to talk. If there is none, please hold your peace. chikenan!

1 Like

Re: Why Do Muslims Think That The Comforter Jesus Christ Promised Is Muhammad? by maclatunji: 8:35am On Sep 04, 2012
tiarabubu:
Why all the Bible verses from you on this matter. Why no try to show Mohammed as the comforter USING Koranic verses?

If Christians were to look out for the comforter and Mohammed is the comforter, the Koran should have told us.

Oya LagosShia, sweetnecta and ore mi Maclatunji show us using the Koran that Mohammed was the comforter Christians are to look out for and we will believe, chikenan!

That one is plainly obvious now. It is you that doubt it, we don't. He who disputes a concept should be the one to come with a counter-argument. The Gospel is not the property of Christians.

Note: I didn't say the Bible.
Re: Why Do Muslims Think That The Comforter Jesus Christ Promised Is Muhammad? by maclatunji: 8:41am On Sep 04, 2012
In addition, an independent researcher would find this link helpful.

http://www.missionislam.com/comprel/isiah.htm

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Umar Ibn AlKhattab - A Golden Leader / They Wont Stop Opposing A Sunnah (mut'ah) But Prefer A Bid'ah (misyar) / Ramadan To Start On Thursday, May 17th, 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 134
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.