Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,136 members, 7,835,811 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:20 PM

What Has Life Taught You So Far? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Has Life Taught You So Far? (22809 Views)

4 Lies The Church Taught Me About Sex / Lessons Life Has Taught You / Lessons Life Has Taught You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Has Life Taught You So Far? by DonDiara(m): 9:19pm On Aug 16, 2012
You never know the true color of people until they have good MONEY, even your own blood brother.....Experiencing it right now even this minute.

1 Like

Re: What Has Life Taught You So Far? by ajisebioyo1(m): 9:26pm On Aug 16, 2012
My conclusion so far abt life is that, never believe in anybody even the closest person to you. Just believe in your creator and yourself only.
Re: What Has Life Taught You So Far? by JayKayMaybachz(m): 9:26pm On Aug 16, 2012
I have come to realise that life is a loose canon ... Live it while it last ... Never geh ursef drowned ₴ tied down wifh the fumes of unfortunes ... Wish Ūя̲̅ Ş̲̣̥
ε̲̣̣̣̥
ƒ best in all Ūя̲̅ endeavour ... Remember tha creator in all u do ... We all are on sojourn ... We dont know were we headed until we realise were we actually headed .. Presumption is the killer of life's essence
Re: What Has Life Taught You So Far? by TechRev: 9:32pm On Aug 16, 2012
When all else fail, God never fails. But the greatest lesson of life is There is no free lunch!
Re: What Has Life Taught You So Far? by omoghana22: 9:34pm On Aug 16, 2012
life has thought me to be.
1. Patient
2. Love one another
3. Be kind to humanity.
4. that Every man is responsible for his problem.
5. that Man created God in his own image.
6. that Obey your elders
7. that There is no shortcut to richness.
8. I must prepare for opportunities; nothing like luck.
9. that What goes arround come around.
10. that we must remember and praise our ancestors once in life.
11. that we should learn from people; good or bad.
12. that i should not be too good always because too much of everything is bad. i need to balance the equation. for this generation, good people never last.
13. Always speak the truth.
14. That what we think is what we dream;
Re: What Has Life Taught You So Far? by abasifo(m): 9:36pm On Aug 16, 2012
Don't expect too much.
Don't even expect to receive as much as you give,
it only opens the door for disappointment.
Re: What Has Life Taught You So Far? by leverage12(m): 9:37pm On Aug 16, 2012
Life has taught me to be Generous,Kind,Forgiving,Humble. Life has taught me that no matter how hard you try unless you use your life to serve God you will always feel empty.

1 Like

Re: What Has Life Taught You So Far? by adonis1(m): 9:37pm On Aug 16, 2012
U wunt knw d esense of lyf until u get conectd 2 d creator da ws nt creatd thru JESUS CHRIST his SON..d purpos of evrybdys lyf here on earth z solely in christ..d earlier u get Saved..d earlier u start livin ur purpose. Jesus lovs U.!
Re: What Has Life Taught You So Far? by jhydebaba(m): 9:38pm On Aug 16, 2012
Life has taught me to trust no man, be good to all men and wait for my time to shine.
Re: What Has Life Taught You So Far? by megareal: 9:41pm On Aug 16, 2012
Life has shown me pepper and the lessons?
a. God can be partial else he wouldnt have hated Esau and blessed Jacob.
b. You dont necessarily reap what you sow, karma is a b??!tch.
c. A man's enemies are from his household.
d. Not all dreams come true; having a dream without the means to fulfill it can make you mad.
e. Every human has a seed of greatness but getting there is hinged on a lot of factors, therefore some great seeds will never grow.
f. When left with no alternative, kill your enemy before he kills you.
g. Living right may not enrich you. The bad people are the ones making it.
h. God is supreme, he does what he wants, when he wants, and how he wants, Nobody can question him. The easiest way to get from him is to praise, worship and obey.

2 Likes

Re: What Has Life Taught You So Far? by Sanguine77(m): 9:43pm On Aug 16, 2012
I. That money is what money can buy.
2. That the battle of life belongs 2 God.
3. That you can never understand love till you lose a loved one.
4. That he who refuses the Lord on his 2 feet will see Him after 6 feet.
5. That love without money is false.
6. Expect only the worst from pple
7. Nigeria is a bad place 2 live in.
8. Crooks, retardeens and militants abound in 9ja.
9. That one day there wil be a revolution in 9ja.
10. That JESUS IS LORD 4EVER.
Re: What Has Life Taught You So Far? by commited(m): 9:45pm On Aug 16, 2012
this life that we now live is all about trust, love and it's a temporary assignment.
Re: What Has Life Taught You So Far? by MariaGoretti: 9:52pm On Aug 16, 2012
omoghana22: life has thought me to be.
1. Patient
2. Love one another
3. Be kind to humanity.
4. that Every man is responsible for his problem.
5. that Man created God in his own image.
6. that Obey your elders
7. that There is no shortcut to richness.
8. I must prepare for opportunities; nothing like luck.
9. that What goes arround come around.
10. that we must remember and praise our ancestors once in life.
11. that we should learn from people; good or bad.
12. that i should not be too good always because too much of everything is bad. i need to balance the equation. for this generation, good people never last.
13. Always speak the truth.
14. That what we think is what we dream;
isnt it supposed to b God created man in his own image n lykness?

1 Like

Re: What Has Life Taught You So Far? by Nobody: 9:55pm On Aug 16, 2012
The purpose of life is to achieve something future generations can build upon. if u leave this worl without contributing anything to the development of humanity, then ur life was a waste.
Re: What Has Life Taught You So Far? by timowale: 9:57pm On Aug 16, 2012
uneasy lies the head that wears the crown
Re: What Has Life Taught You So Far? by omoghana22: 9:58pm On Aug 16, 2012
Maria-Goretti:
isnt it supposed to b God created man in his own image n lykness?

That was then....but this generation, MAN CREATED GOD IN HIS OWN IMAGE. you can see defferent churches with diffent doctrine...if truelly the same God, then let all christian churches get one doctrine, let the islam, christian, hindus, etc come together and worship at one place;,,,,,,,you may not understand God the way i do. I've created him in my own image. simple
Re: What Has Life Taught You So Far? by bohboh275(m): 10:02pm On Aug 16, 2012
Not to trust anyone
Re: What Has Life Taught You So Far? by bb16: 10:03pm On Aug 16, 2012
Life has taught me that things can change in the fraction of a second, either for better or worse. It is left to us to decide which path to take after the change - whether to progress through the situation, or to chicken out and retire to fate.
Re: What Has Life Taught You So Far? by Ibro4peak: 10:06pm On Aug 16, 2012
illicit: fellow nlanders what do u think is d essence of living, we are here for what, and waht hav u gained in return either morally or intellectually, whats is the essence of living at all in short what have u been able to learn from living in all.
life has taught me there is no deity worthy of worship xcept allah swt.
Re: What Has Life Taught You So Far? by femmy2010(m): 10:13pm On Aug 16, 2012
Not to take life too serious .
Re: What Has Life Taught You So Far? by jennann(f): 10:13pm On Aug 16, 2012
Lyf has taught me to treat others as i would want to be treated.

2 Likes

Re: What Has Life Taught You So Far? by Ibro4peak: 10:18pm On Aug 16, 2012
omoghana22:

That was then....but this generation, MAN CREATED GOD IN HIS OWN IMAGE. you can see defferent churches with diffent doctrine...if truelly the same God, then let all christian churches get one doctrine, let the islam, christian, hindus, etc come together and worship at one place;,,,,,,,you may not understand God the way i do. I've created him in my own image. simple
dat is contradicting 2 d principles of islam which makes it possble 4 any muslim 2 pray in any avaible mosque be it ansarudeen,nasfat,tmc,mss,and host of others u may add up 2 d list.islam is 1,God is 1,muslims 're d same.
Re: What Has Life Taught You So Far? by mrsacidtalk: 10:31pm On Aug 16, 2012
The day I STOPPED putting trust in men but rather DUMP all my worried at the foot of GOD, I started being the happist man on earth.

No more worries of the future and uncertainty.
No more dissapointments and rejection.

Believing in God and God Only is the best thing that can ever make a man happy with himself and life.
Re: What Has Life Taught You So Far? by Freiburger(m): 10:31pm On Aug 16, 2012
jennann: Lyf has taught me to treat others as i would want to be treated.
5likes.
Re: What Has Life Taught You So Far? by danahart(f): 10:33pm On Aug 16, 2012
[color=#006600][/color]Life has tot me 2 be me, cos if I change I will miss de me in me.
Re: What Has Life Taught You So Far? by emmerks(m): 10:34pm On Aug 16, 2012
Life has taught me to "TRUST NO ONE" even myself (or yourself)
Re: What Has Life Taught You So Far? by hollas2jnr(m): 10:36pm On Aug 16, 2012
Tolaaaaannni: Life has taught me that people take advantage of niceness and take it as a weakness. Life has also taught me that most human beings have wickedness inside of them and the only person you can truly depend on is yourself and a believe in something bigger and greater than you.
Sure... a lot of people take being nice as week.
@OP: Amongst what life's taught me is that life in itself is SIMPLE n beautiful; do good n NEVER habour hatred. And HIS will for us is of good... ALWAYS!
Re: What Has Life Taught You So Far? by Limaoscar: 10:36pm On Aug 16, 2012
To trust God and Never doubt.
Re: What Has Life Taught You So Far? by thehomer: 10:40pm On Aug 16, 2012
Life has taught me that it will find a way. It will continue with or without you.
Re: What Has Life Taught You So Far? by Nobody: 10:41pm On Aug 16, 2012
illicit: fellow nlanders what do u think is d essence of living, we are here for what, and waht hav u gained in return either morally or intellectually, whats is the essence of living at all in short what have u been able to learn from living in all.

This is an interesting question.

Here in the US you have professional folks who take care of terminal patients. They did a survey on them about last wished for folks as was reported to them.

Here is my personal take away from reading the survey/article.

My job does not define me, it's only a source of income so I can enjioy my social/private/personal life which is number one.
I live my life to the fullest, never proscatinate (sp).
Life is really short and hanging by a thin thread, it can snap at any given time and it does.
I stopped trying to impress people and just be myself.

1 Like

Re: What Has Life Taught You So Far? by hollas2jnr(m): 10:42pm On Aug 16, 2012
danahart: [color=#006600][/color]Life has tot me 2 be me, cos if I change I will miss de me in me.
Sure u'r right but still need to better urself though *its change kinda*...
Re: What Has Life Taught You So Far? by Nobody: 10:47pm On Aug 16, 2012
Let me quote some of my mentors

john Maxwell: Know your purpose in life, grow to reach your maximum potential, and sow seeds that benefit others.

Abraham Lincoln: I have no regard for a man who is no better than he was yesterday.

Martin Luther King Jr: Nearly all men can face adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power

Gani Fawehimi: Fear of death is the greatest enemy of man, if you can conquer fear, you conquer all.

Chris Oyakhilome: Invest in your personality and influence the world with the result of the investment.

Dale Carnegie: It is the individual who is not interested in his fellow men that has the greatest difficulties in life, it is from among such individuals that all human failure spring.

King Solomon of ancient Israel: Eat, drink, merry and live happily with the wife that thine God has given thee on the surface of the earth, for the wife that ye have is thine greatest reward here on earth.

Jesus Chris of Nazareth: Do unto others as you would have them do unto you (The golden rule)

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Kemi Olunloyo Begs For Forgiveness As She Testifies In Church (Video) / Was The Second Stanza Of National Anthem Made For Such A Time As This? / 6 Powerful Prayer Points For MMM Participants

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.