Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,506 members, 7,819,834 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:04 AM

What Inspires You To Stay Focused? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Inspires You To Stay Focused? (7596 Views)

What Inspires Boko Haram And Isis (picture) / Always Thinking Of Sex, Sport Bet Among Others, How Do I Stay Focused In Church / Mother Theresa Or David Oyedepo: Who Inspires You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Inspires You To Stay Focused? by nwapastor: 2:27pm On Aug 12, 2012
I know I have a bright future cos my Bible tells me so. D tot of this FUTURE keeps me focused cos I must get there!
Re: What Inspires You To Stay Focused? by yelanst(m): 2:45pm On Aug 12, 2012
The fact that I am the determinant of my own success inspires me to stay focused.
Re: What Inspires You To Stay Focused? by olasquare: 2:56pm On Aug 12, 2012
Failure and poverty don't scare...fact is: every1 has fear; but I have learn to deal with myself coz in the first place trying is first a success...

I was born into a family with lowly beginning...trained and challenged by the courage and believe of a mother who wanted most the success of her children...moreso, the word of God was rock in my heart....'It is to him that willet, but of of God that show mercy' and promotion neither comes from the east or the west...but God raises one up and bring another down.

My strongest inspiration I draw from the word of God...and from my humble background that if my brothers whom we are both raised together in similar level could make it then surely I will.
Re: What Inspires You To Stay Focused? by Watermelon(m): 2:57pm On Aug 12, 2012
Baba God is my main source of inspiration, i'm also inspired by words of great men and women
Re: What Inspires You To Stay Focused? by mykh01(m): 2:58pm On Aug 12, 2012
itz d almighty GOD dat kips me focusitz d almighty GOD dat kips me focusitz d almighty GOD dat kips me focus
Re: What Inspires You To Stay Focused? by Timothyoj(m): 3:01pm On Aug 12, 2012
The plans God has for me and the promises he made for those who diligently seek him. I'm focused on my aspiring goals because I know I shall get them and fulfil my destinies in life and finally the word of God is perfect and profitable to direct.
Re: What Inspires You To Stay Focused? by missamazin(f): 3:05pm On Aug 12, 2012
D word n promises of God 2 me.
Re: What Inspires You To Stay Focused? by Nobody: 3:05pm On Aug 12, 2012
One of the people who inspires me greatly is a youth leader in my church. Although he is late now, but I'd always appreciate him for BELIEVING in me as a child. It's been like ages... when he sat me down in the presence of another youth leader after church service and he read the Bible to me... Hebrew 11:23. I don't know why he singled me out of other children to read the Bible to me, prayed for me and said...'you are a Proper Child just as Moses was..' Although, I cannot remember all of those motivating words he said to me that day but this passage of the Bible lingers on...

Oh, how sweet and reaffirming it is when someone believes in you, even when you have no reasons to...:/. He was a true Mentor.

Each time I remember him, read that passage, and many more passages of the Scriptures, I am motivated to stay focused...
Re: What Inspires You To Stay Focused? by Cuddlemii: 3:30pm On Aug 12, 2012
1) My mum- has supported me all my life and taught me how to be a successful/resourceful woman that men would respect. She taught me independence and dependence on her alone. My mom is my role model even at her age, she still wakes up early in the morning to go to work to provide for her household. She is a woman I emulate & live by her legacy & integrity.

2) God/Jesus- Whether you like it or not, he is present and makes things work out for you. He points your mind/focus to the right path.

3) Inner Determination/Ambition/Strength(Independence & female empowerment)- I have always had the fighting go-getter feminism spirit that tells me where am headed and how to get there. I have been focused since my childhood and looked straight ahead at my destination never bothered about my obstacles & shortcoming. Oh boy, I fought my way through and would have fought even harder to get my dreams.
Re: What Inspires You To Stay Focused? by engrj(m): 3:57pm On Aug 12, 2012
De challenges in my families whereby everybody are working hard to be great in life and something like do it urself exist in my family, meaning if you nor work u nor go chop 4get say ur bros or aunt na millionaire noting for u go out and get don in ur own way.
Re: What Inspires You To Stay Focused? by bojar(m): 3:59pm On Aug 12, 2012
GOD
Re: What Inspires You To Stay Focused? by Nobody: 4:09pm On Aug 12, 2012
y2kaustin: Starring at GEJ's picture on my wall.
Yeah. The story of the shoeless boy should inspire anyone
Re: What Inspires You To Stay Focused? by Amari(f): 4:16pm On Aug 12, 2012
My family and my past inspires me. Nothing more.
Re: What Inspires You To Stay Focused? by onyfrank: 4:24pm On Aug 12, 2012
Ekans: Fear of failure inspires me to stay focused.
What u fear must cum to u. Rememba Job in d bible, he nursed fear. And he said, 'what i feared has fallen upon me.
As 4me, nothn outward can make me focus. Appearances ar deceitfl and neva last. The who i am is ma focus, evry oda tin evolvs effortlesly. FOCUS ON NOW
Re: What Inspires You To Stay Focused? by OmoAlata(f): 4:35pm On Aug 12, 2012
ojubi: My mum.
She sold all her expensive rappers to put me through school.

God bless your mum. May she live long to enjoy her children's wealth in Jesus name Amen. When I read inspiring stories like this, it makes me weep. All my mother gives her children (& still giving her children even though she is now well into her 70s) are daily curses (I kid you not) cry

What keeps me focus is Jesus and knowing the background I came out from. We can't afford to be complacent in my family if we desire to move forward. Family wickedness are hell-bent on caging our destiny but Isaiah 40: 31 says, "But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint". Amen.

God bless y'all.

1 Like

Re: What Inspires You To Stay Focused? by flexdee(m): 4:41pm On Aug 12, 2012
The environment I found myself always inspires me to stay focused.
Re: What Inspires You To Stay Focused? by vivaciousvivi(f): 4:55pm On Aug 12, 2012
Fear of failure, fear of letting people down - my fam, mentees,co-workers, my boss
Re: What Inspires You To Stay Focused? by sylve11: 5:48pm On Aug 12, 2012
Fear and so many things around me. I used to picture my life to that of Kelly clarkson with her song 'break away'. cool
Re: What Inspires You To Stay Focused? by coolted(m): 6:44pm On Aug 12, 2012
ebamma: marijuana and shekpe inspires me and makes me focused
lmao
Re: What Inspires You To Stay Focused? by Okukk(m): 7:28pm On Aug 12, 2012
Looking at the small, remote Village I hail from usually gives me concern, but looking at a few accomplished individuals who share similar identity yet were not limited, helps me maintain focus.
Re: What Inspires You To Stay Focused? by adonisyung(m): 8:17pm On Aug 12, 2012
Geo-man:
My mum.
same here
Re: What Inspires You To Stay Focused? by excelway(m): 8:33pm On Aug 12, 2012
background inspires me.
Re: What Inspires You To Stay Focused? by LOVEGINO(m): 8:36pm On Aug 12, 2012
ebamma: marijuana and shekpe inspires me and makes me focused
u don syk finish
Re: What Inspires You To Stay Focused? by freeman11(m): 8:46pm On Aug 12, 2012
y2kaustin: Starring at GEJ's picture on my wall.
does it inspire you or demoralise you... which?
Re: What Inspires You To Stay Focused? by freeman11(m): 8:50pm On Aug 12, 2012
ojubi: My mum.
She sold all her expensive rappers to put me through school.
Today each time i get succeesful her sense of belonging and self esteem soar high.
The last time she saw my building project in port harcourt she wept. She just could not imagine how her son can overcome poverty and hardship that easily.
i am impressed. is she a jamaican? though not all jamaicans rap sha wink
Re: What Inspires You To Stay Focused? by victorian(f): 8:58pm On Aug 12, 2012
the fear of poverty and failure, then the extent of finance and prayers my mum invested in me.... its beyond my imagination....May God in his infinite mercy open the doors of heaven for her and my dad.
Re: What Inspires You To Stay Focused? by Dynamiceagle(f): 9:38pm On Aug 12, 2012
The fear, word, grace, love and strength of GOD inspires and keeps me focused
Re: What Inspires You To Stay Focused? by Beync(f): 10:28pm On Aug 12, 2012
Studying abt God and his son, their love and hands upon my life inspires me each day.
Re: What Inspires You To Stay Focused? by Kslib(m): 10:46pm On Aug 12, 2012
Knowing that someone will one day depend on me to be happy(MY MUM)....
Knowing that every action i take will eventually decide how my future will look like.....
Knowing that now is the process of telling the future what to look like... uGLY or beautiful
Re: What Inspires You To Stay Focused? by blackborn7(m): 10:55pm On Aug 12, 2012
Roland17: I was born into a humble family, but today I look at my family and am so proud of how much we have achieved together, Memories of growing up inspires and keeps me focused cos it reminds me of where I am coming from.
1. my role models. 2.my journals i have bn kpin for 5yrs now. 3. My music book i ve bn writing 4 7yrs because oneday i wil get there,4. my country people,so i wil protect dose in distress n fyt 4d helpless. 5. My gurl friend who left me cos i have nothing, so she can wht she has missed 4eva.
Re: What Inspires You To Stay Focused? by blackborn7(m): 10:55pm On Aug 12, 2012
Roland17: I was born into a humble family, but today I look at my family and am so proud of how much we have achieved together, Memories of growing up inspires and keeps me focused cos it reminds me of where I am coming from.
Re: What Inspires You To Stay Focused? by blackborn7(m): 10:56pm On Aug 12, 2012
1. my role models. 2.my journals i have bn kpin for 5yrs now. 3. My music book i ve bn writing 4 7yrs because oneday i wil get there,4. my country people,so i wil protect dose in distress n fyt 4d helpless. 5. My gurl friend who left me cos i have nothing, so she can wht she has missed 4eva.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

If You Were To Die Today, Will You Make Heaven? / God's Love Might Not Always Be Pleasurable. See Why / The Power Of Seeing Yourself The Way God Sees You.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.