Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,404 members, 7,815,880 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:12 PM

My Wife Insists On Going To Law School Outside D State! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Wife Insists On Going To Law School Outside D State! (1493 Views)

Wife Insists That Husband Must Use Condom Before They Have Sex / My Husband Insists I Dish Food For Him / Man Insists On Seeing Suitor's Office Before Blessing The Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Wife Insists On Going To Law School Outside D State! by safeact(m): 10:10pm On Aug 05, 2012
There was this argument among some friends, one of them has his wife preparing for law to Abuja when she can do it in Enugu where they reside but she insisted on going outside d state.The friends were not in support of the idea, as d girl might be up to something. We all know what happens in NYSC camp, I want to know ur idea on this.
Re: My Wife Insists On Going To Law School Outside D State! by Dimples316(f): 1:43am On Aug 06, 2012
I don't necessarily think she is up to something. She may simply just want less distractions by being away from her place of abode and husband.

You know if she remains in Enugu chances are she may be constantly distracted by her husband & kids (if there are kids) as well as the need to visit home almost every weekend to service oga, cook, clean and all.

I went to law school as a single unmarried woman with few responsibilities and still failed the exams at my first attempt. Law school is tedious and time consuming, if you don't want to struggle through it you have to be on top things from the very first day of lectures.

Abuja campus is waaay out of town secluded from the high life of the city, so if she has nothing up her sleeves she may just thrive in that particular campus as against the one closer to home.
Re: My Wife Insists On Going To Law School Outside D State! by Mumsluv: 1:48am On Aug 06, 2012
When a law graduate applies for admission into the Law School, you are required to fill in all the campuses but its in your order of preference but that is no guarantee that you will be posted to the state of your choice.
If a married woman wants to cheat she will do it anywhere so also a man but if you believe in yourself & know what you are in school for you will not be tempted by a temporary fling which can bring shame & disrepute. The KEY is to RESPECT YOURSELF & VOWS. In any school environment you find married men & women cheating but in the same environment you find those who know what they came to school for. Its really just an individual thing.
Your friends wife may not have any negative thought in mind maybe shes just looking for a place where there will be less distractions from home.
Re: My Wife Insists On Going To Law School Outside D State! by nat138: 5:53pm On Aug 06, 2012
safeact: There was this argument among some friends, one of them has his wife preparing for law to Abuja when she can do it in Enugu where they reside but she insisted on going outside d state.The friends were not in support of the idea, as d girl might be up to something. We all know what happens in NYSC camp, I want to know ur idea on this.

Why is it that the first thought that comes to your mind is that the lady has a hidden agenda?? *smh*
Re: My Wife Insists On Going To Law School Outside D State! by warrior01: 6:25pm On Aug 06, 2012
Dimples 316: I don't necessarily think she is up to something. She may simply just want less distractions by being away from her place of abode and husband.

You know if she remains in Enugu chances are she may be constantly distracted by her husband & kids (if there are kids) as well as the need to visit home almost every weekend to service oga, cook, clean and all.

I went to law school as a single unmarried woman with few responsibilities and still failed the exams at my first attempt. Law school is tedious and time consuming, if you don't want to struggle through it you have to be on top things from the very first day of lectures.

Abuja campus is waaay out of town secluded from the high life of the city, so if she has nothing up her sleeves she may just thrive in that particular campus as against the one closer to home.
Exactly! No sensible married woman especially the one that wants to be a charge and bail lawyer should stay with her hubby because of distractions that might impede her annointed performance. Moreso, after graduation, she must move farther away from the family so as to have an excellent career devoid of family distractions. You know, to be a 'learned fellow' and a successful one at that; we don't need distractions especially from family
Re: My Wife Insists On Going To Law School Outside D State! by Nobody: 6:30pm On Aug 06, 2012
why is he crying foul?there is nothing in her action that suggested any sinister motive.even though i understand his fear but just give her benefit of doubt until she gives you reason to suspect her,otherwise remove your mind from latrine and support your wife in her ambition to be a barrister.lol guys and their insecurity
Re: My Wife Insists On Going To Law School Outside D State! by Nobody: 6:38pm On Aug 06, 2012
Re: My Wife Insists On Going To Law School Outside D State! by bukatyne(f): 7:38pm On Aug 06, 2012
chaircover: Can I just ask something? Didnt she think about Law school before she choose to get married?

I am not bothered about the risk of infidelity because anyone bent on cheating will cheat even if the husband ties padlock to her kini, but isnt it rather selfish if her to insist on traveling half way round the country when there is a law school in her backyard? Unless the one in abuja guarantees her a better result/job prospects/experience than the one in Enugu I dont see why she has to go so far away from home.

When the husband starts having strange women coming to cook for him or tidy his house, she will scream, blue murder and say that she left home in pursuit of the betterment of the family when in fact she was the one who offered her evening meal to the cat undecided
i'm sure that they might ve discussed this but the thought of the husband having strange women cook for him is odd! which responsible married man invite women to cook for him in his matrimonial home? or if the man were to travel to another state/country to further his education or wateva, would the wife look for another man to do the man's chores @ home? i don't believe been married should put a stop to one's dreams.
Re: My Wife Insists On Going To Law School Outside D State! by Nobody: 8:51pm On Aug 06, 2012
Re: My Wife Insists On Going To Law School Outside D State! by Igabe(f): 9:27pm On Aug 06, 2012
I don't see anything wrong with the woman's intention, a man that will mess up will still mess up even if the woman is going to the law school from her home. Why would the man initiate negative thoughts τ̲̅ȍ his mind, this is where trust should have played a very important role, he doesn't trust the wife. Getting negative ideas will not solve the problem. Though i still support chaircover's advice.
Re: My Wife Insists On Going To Law School Outside D State! by bukatyne(f): 10:10pm On Aug 06, 2012
chaircover:

The text highlighted in red shows that there is a power tussle on where she attends to law school

No you shouldn't put a stop to your dreams when you get married, but you must also bear in mind that you now have responsibilities. Her dream is to become a lawyer; her husband hasn't stopped that dream. She can still go to law school but he has asked her to go to one nearer her home and family. Surely that isnt too much to ask a married woman?

He knows the reason why he wants her by his side, maybe he is one of those weak ones or one that has a lot of women around him trying to get his attention. It is on this nairaland that I discovered that Not all men can close their eyes to temptation so why risk it in the first instance?

It is naive to assume that it is the man who will invite the strange women to cook for him; in most cases, a woman sees a gap and enters lipsrsealed
i understand u but a human being must have self control. wat if he doesn't create d loop hole or he gives the strange woman to be no space at al? my cousin went to law school in her state and stil stayed on campus so wat re we sayin? p.s. she was married n about to deliver. she actually put to bed about 2days to her exams. wat if d woman's lifelong dream was to go to law school in abuja?
Re: My Wife Insists On Going To Law School Outside D State! by bamto(m): 10:22pm On Aug 06, 2012
warrior01:
Exactly! No sensible married woman especially the one that wants to be a charge and bail lawyer should stay with her hubby because of distractions that might impede her annointed performance. Moreso, after graduation, she must move farther away from the family so as to have an excellent career devoid of family distractions. You know, to be a 'learned fellow' and a successful one at that; we don't need distractions especially from family
warrior01:
warrior01:
Are you for real? I'll take it that you were being sarcastic. You don't bring your 'wig and gown' into your matrimonial home. That's tantamount to struggling with the driver for the wheel. Accident becomes inevitable when that happens

1 Like

Re: My Wife Insists On Going To Law School Outside D State! by warrior01: 10:32pm On Aug 06, 2012
With the kind of replies i'm seeing on this board, i wonder the kind of women we have nowadays. Remember a yoruba adage that says 'ti ogiri o ba lanu, alangba o le wobe. You guys should remember that prevention is better than cure.
Re: My Wife Insists On Going To Law School Outside D State! by 2mch(m): 11:02pm On Aug 06, 2012
lol, why the focus on abuja? It may be innocent, or she may have her "uncles" in that area. For her to be so obsessed. Well, this is something you all should have discussed. Goodluck. This looks shady sha. cheesy
Re: My Wife Insists On Going To Law School Outside D State! by safeact(m): 7:11am On Aug 07, 2012
woman especially the one that wants to be a charge and bail lawyer should stay with her hubby because of distractions that might impede her annointed performance. Moreso, after graduation, she must move farther away from the family so as to have an excellent career devoid of family distractions. You know, to be a 'learned fellow' and a successful one at that; we don't need distractions especially from family[/quote]
warrior01:
Exactly! No sensible married woman especially the one that wants to be a charge and bail lawyer should stay with her hubby because of distractions that might impede her annointed performance. Moreso, after graduation, she must move farther away from the family so as to have an excellent career devoid of family distractions. You know, to be a 'learned fellow' and a successful one at
Na waoh, so many lawyers in d house! But wait oh, why all these so called lawyers claim their decisions are always final? Small thing they will try to back it up with one thing or d other! You guys are not always real or even check situation of things on ground esp when it has to do with family but u bring in legal mentality into show! Am a safety engineer but there should always b a line to things of d family! Nowadays, men are becomin scared of marrying them!
Re: My Wife Insists On Going To Law School Outside D State! by ijebuboy18(m): 7:25am On Aug 07, 2012
Going 2 law skool in enugu in no way impedes her dream of becoming a lawyer, he only wants 2 kip his wife by his side, which is her rightfull position. Wetin dey 4 sokoto dey 4 sokoto, so y go around d country 2 achieve d same result n also put ur own home @ jeopardy. I see silly posts here exp frm d ladies abt her home impeding her success, na 2day married women dey go law skool.I don't think she wants 2 cheat bt I won't b surprised if her true reason 4 wantin abj is 2 be with in company of 1 of her favorite female friends who resides in abj.
Re: My Wife Insists On Going To Law School Outside D State! by soapdish(f): 8:27am On Aug 07, 2012
Τhe couple shouldn't allow this to cause problems in their home. Τhe fact that she desires to go to Abuja doesn't necessarily mean that she will be posted to the Abuja Campus of the Law School. For all its worth, she might even be posted to Kano Campus. She may prefer Abuja because it has better accommodation.
The man should be interested in supporting his wife so that she will be successful in the BAR exams. Law school is no piece of cake, the lectures are marathon, the work load is so much that you wonder if your brain can carry all that you are required to digest.
Moreover, no matter where she is posted to,SHE WILL CHEAT IF SHE WANTS TO, so there is no need getting unnecessary HBP over this.

(1) (Reply)

Can U Use Love Portion To Keep Your Husband Or Wife? / How Do We Expect Our Kids To Be Good When they watch These Type Of Cartoons / PHOTO:151 Years Old(nigerian) Man Still Living

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.