Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,830 members, 7,817,429 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:06 PM

Abakaliki In Pictures - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Abakaliki In Pictures (37717 Views)

Abakaliki In Pictures / PHOTOS: Tragic Accident In Abakaliki, Ebonyi State / Banana Island In Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abakaliki In Pictures by spyder880(m): 10:10pm On Aug 06, 2012
dunno what this is all about, does anyone know?

Re: Abakaliki In Pictures by spyder880(m): 10:11pm On Aug 06, 2012
more

Re: Abakaliki In Pictures by spyder880(m): 10:15pm On Aug 06, 2012
neat inter town roads outside Onicha town

Re: Abakaliki In Pictures by spyder880(m): 10:16pm On Aug 06, 2012
a granite quarry at Ishiagu

Re: Abakaliki In Pictures by spyder880(m): 10:17pm On Aug 06, 2012
some samples

Re: Abakaliki In Pictures by spyder880(m): 10:18pm On Aug 06, 2012
digging the stone out of the ground

Re: Abakaliki In Pictures by spyder880(m): 10:20pm On Aug 06, 2012
the ones broken into lump stones

Re: Abakaliki In Pictures by spyder880(m): 10:21pm On Aug 06, 2012
tiny chippings

Re: Abakaliki In Pictures by spyder880(m): 10:22pm On Aug 06, 2012
more stone from the ground

Re: Abakaliki In Pictures by Nobody: 11:57pm On Aug 06, 2012
Mehn! This city ugly nor be small...damn!
I was abt bashing ileke idi...bt when I saw this thread I jst shut my crap shap shap...this reamins the ugliest of all the cities that I've seen on nairaland. The roads are very repulsive, very dusty! Don't they have any road cleaning and maintainance team? abeg, replace those pics with better ones...if there is no better place, then photoshop those ones grin. Kai.
My candid opinion is you shouldn't have started a thread with these kinda pictures, It trying to do the opposite of what you want. Cos if I wanna visit this town b4, this pics will discourage me.

#MyOpinion....no one should bash me for it, orelse you will get!
That's if I won't unfollow ASAP wink
Re: Abakaliki In Pictures by eaglechild: 6:23am On Aug 07, 2012
The governor, if any, has alot of work to do!
Pls use a proper camera next time or not at all (thread is about pics isnt it?),the pics posted by the OP look grainy,
spyder tried to redeem u, pls continue to help, otherwise poor pics.
Re: Abakaliki In Pictures by tunyus(m): 6:43am On Aug 07, 2012
Hehehehehehhe
I did my NYSC in EKUREKU in crossriver state just 50naira Bike(okada) to Abaumege in Ebonyi state we even treck it down most times.dis give me the opportunity to tour ebonyi state so well most time I go to Abakaliki to buy sometins.
Am so suprise when I saw this thread....although the picture u display as say so much about dis state.as pix don't lie
To be honest I have been oportune to be in more than 22 state in Nigeria...my candid opinion is EBONYI state is the WORST state av been to..the MOST UNDERDEVELOP state in Nigeria.so ugly, the atmosphere is not conducive for living
The worst is the Capital Abakaliki so disorganise with dff Ugly structure,terible Road, poverty stricken people.
My xperience in dis state is terible.whenever am in abakaliki I always leave the city a Sad Man...because of dos horible scene around
Re: Abakaliki In Pictures by chidexy(m): 8:03am On Aug 07, 2012
It's good that the pictures are putting a lie to the propaganda of the present and past administrations. But in a proper context, this is an improvement to what was on ground in 1996 when the state was created. Two-third of the state was carved out of the Old Anambara and Present day Enugu State. Then, the area was criminally neglected and considered only good for providing food for the rest of the state. The other 1/3 of the state that came from the Old Imo and present day Abia State (Afikpo and Ohaozara) didn't fare much better in terms of government impact on the people.

So, Ebonyi State could definitely do better with more visionary leaders. Sadly, those there at the moment and others angling to be at the helms are more interested in building hotels than laying a more solid foundation for the state.
Re: Abakaliki In Pictures by chidexy(m): 8:15am On Aug 07, 2012
Sagytarius:

Bro, no enjoyment o. It only made me turn military.
Tough survival in the Jungle.

Well, you definitely missed out. I spent my childhood and teenie years there and it was the best any child could have, believe me. If you grew up in a city, then going to school in a village setting would definitely look like punishment (and vice versa).

Your Dad was "partially" right in telling you that FGC Okposi was one of the pioneer Unity Schools (at least infrastructure wise). The then FGC Okposi (built while Aja Nwachukwu was the pioneer Federal Minister of Education and an Okposi indigene) was moved to Enugu, then they had the government secondary school Okposi take it's place, and was later shunted to where they are now, and Federal Polytechnic established there (Moved and renamed Akanu Ibiam Federal Polytechnic Unwana), then Federal Technical college was established in it's place before being moved to Ukwa in Abia State and replaced with Federal Government College Okposi. So you enjoyed a very rich history hahahahaha!
Re: Abakaliki In Pictures by chidexy(m): 8:21am On Aug 07, 2012
speedyboi: Mehn! This city ugly nor be small...damn!
I was abt bashing ileke idi...bt when I saw this thread I jst shut my crap shap shap...this reamins the ugliest of all the cities that I've seen on nairaland. The roads are very repulsive, very dusty! Don't they have any road cleaning and maintainance team? abeg, replace those pics with better ones...if there is no better place, then photoshop those ones grin. Kai.
My candid opinion is you shouldn't have started a thread with these kinda pictures, It trying to do the opposite of what you want. Cos if I wanna visit this town b4, this pics will discourage me.

#MyOpinion....no one should bash me for it, orelse you will get!
That's if I won't unfollow ASAP wink

Bolded sections refer. The essence of these pictorials is to bring to the attention of people and those in authority areas where they could/should work on and pictures don't tell lies. If photoshoped just to appear better, then the purpose gets defeated ab initio. Actually, beautiful towns doesn't necessarily attract tourist. People visit where they are made aware of. Ugly places could be marketed if properly packaged
Re: Abakaliki In Pictures by chidexy(m): 8:24am On Aug 07, 2012
spyder880: dunno what this is all about, does anyone know?

Probably a roofed village market. People go there to spread their wares on market days. Where was the picture taken? Ishiagu, Uburu, Onicha or Abakaliki?
Re: Abakaliki In Pictures by Nobody: 9:53am On Aug 07, 2012
achi4u: you seems to know our major problem know,that his deputy is even worst than Elechi.
We are praying to God to come and rescue his children come 2015.
God wil surely intervene. Ebonyi ppl are good ppl,it pains me see them suffer under bad governance. I dnt no hw much elechi hs done in agricultural sector, ebonyi state hs d capacity to be d food basket of south east,they r hardworkin and hs fertile land. If citizens or govt rnt willin to invest in dat sector then Foreigner companies shuld be attracted. Build large markets,link roads to neighboring states,roll out trucks to distribute produce(while railway is stil under construction),build storage facilities for all yr around supply of food. Ebonyi hs alot of untaped resources(solid minerals) includin oil. We hope for d best in 2015
Re: Abakaliki In Pictures by Nobody: 12:16pm On Aug 07, 2012
chidexy:

Bolded sections refer. The essence of these pictorials is to bring to the attention of people and those in authority areas where they could/should work on and pictures don't tell lies. If photoshoped just to appear better, then the purpose gets defeated ab initio. Actually, beautiful towns doesn't necessarily attract tourist. People visit where they are made aware of. Ugly places could be marketed if properly packaged

You should know I was only joking when I said photoshop....hmmm
I was Just trying to express how horrible the city looks.
Re: Abakaliki In Pictures by achi4u(m): 2:27pm On Aug 07, 2012
spyder880: dunno what this is all about, does anyone know?
This is new site for the relocation of Timber shade out Abakaliki town.The gov is try to decongest the city smh.
Re: Abakaliki In Pictures by achi4u(m): 3:10pm On Aug 07, 2012
My intention of opening this thread was to showcase the beauty,the scenery,the splendour and some lapses of the state capital which might bring postive change on the long run,but it happened that I was not prepare to cover the best areas of the state with quality camera instead of useing ordinary Nokia phone.
My apologies goes out to all Umuigbo weather you like Ebonyi or hate the state(once ur an onyeigbo ebonyi remains ur sister state) that I will devote my time and resource to come up with beautify and clean Abakaliki.....just the way it is.

Those cursing with their life should know that Ebonyi is coming up on all front,ask those living here and they will tell you that opportunities abond in all spheres,guyz are making BIG here just like any other state in naija.
I like I said earlier, that our major problem here is leadership and nothing more,give us a vibrant young man who knows the meaning of life within two years all this your bad aspersions will die off.

Bro Spyder,thank you very much for trying to help me out but my pix bad shaa.

THREAD END
Re: Abakaliki In Pictures by chidexy(m): 6:13pm On Aug 07, 2012
@achi4u, the thread cannot and should not end, just because some people's comments are negative. Beauty is relative. I prefer greenery to concrete and steel. Besides, others with better camera may have better quality pictures to upload to augment what you've already uploaded. I hope you are able to post some more pictures
Re: Abakaliki In Pictures by achi4u(m): 8:37pm On Aug 07, 2012
chidexy: @achi4u, the thread cannot and should not end, just because some people's comments are negative. Beauty is relative. I prefer greenery to concrete and steel. Besides, others with better camera may have better quality pictures to upload to augment what you've already uploaded. I hope you are able to post some more pictures
Re: Abakaliki In Pictures by achi4u(m): 9:00pm On Aug 07, 2012
chidexy: @achi4u, the thread cannot and should not end, just because some people's comments are negative. Beauty is relative. I prefer greenery to concrete and steel. Besides, others with better camera may have better quality pictures to upload to augment what you've already uploaded. I hope you are able to post some more pictures
Alright I understand you perfectly Bro and I must thank you for geniue contribution on this post but again I want to snap and compile another set of pictures of the state.The ones I have nown were still grey and a guy like ikymooo says that am embarrasing the people of the state,the other girls that am a fool,that how much did they pay me to do this job.lolgrin

Re: Abakaliki In Pictures by achi4u(m): 9:01pm On Aug 07, 2012
Re: Abakaliki In Pictures by achi4u(m): 9:16pm On Aug 07, 2012
fatilami

Re: Abakaliki In Pictures by Sagytarius(m): 12:46am On Aug 08, 2012
chidexy:

Well, you definitely missed out. I spent my childhood and teenie years there and it was the best any child could have, believe me. If you grew up in a city, then going to school in a village setting would definitely look like punishment (and vice versa).

Your Dad was "partially" right in telling you that FGC Okposi was one of the pioneer Unity Schools (at least infrastructure wise). The then FGC Okposi (built while Aja Nwachukwu was the pioneer Federal Minister of Education and an Okposi indigene) was moved to Enugu, then they had the government secondary school Okposi take it's place, and was later shunted to where they are now, and Federal Polytechnic established there (Moved and renamed Akanu Ibiam Federal Polytechnic Unwana), then Federal Technical college was established in it's place before being moved to Ukwa in Abia State and replaced with Federal Government College Okposi. So you enjoyed a very rich history hahahahaha!
Hmmmm. nice historical analysis. I like that.
No offence to the Ehugbo brothers, but you guyz are so educated [even from my perception about you] but have issues with governance. You lot should rise to the challenge of ensuring that whom you vote into office is, amongst other qualities, architecturally capable. With what EB is endowed and when strategically utilised, She should be so beautiful. And yes, I do miss Okp, especially when it comes to the culure and beliefs. I dont forget the 'AKA' adoration in a hurry. cheesy
Re: Abakaliki In Pictures by chidexy(m): 11:13am On Aug 08, 2012
Sagytarius:
Hmmmm. nice historical analysis. I like that.
No offence to the Ehugbo brothers, but you guyz are so educated [even from my perception about you] but have issues with governance. You lot should rise to the challenge of ensuring that whom you vote into office is, amongst other qualities, architecturally capable. With what EB is endowed and when strategically utilised, She should be so beautiful. And yes, I do miss Okp, especially when it comes to the culure and beliefs. I dont forget the 'AKA' adoration in a hurry. cheesy

@Sagytarius, thanks Bro. Okposi has some great sons and daughters and Ebonyi at large, is also endowed with great human resources. The issue of choosing our leaders is beyond the people of Ebonyi South, seeing as we are the minority in Ebonyi Politics. However bad Elechi's government is, I think he has tried in opening up the state through his aggressive road and bridges construction - at least that's what I hear. People from different parts of the state have direct roads linking them to the state capital Abakaliki. It's left to whoever comes after him to face other developmental challenges. Besides, leaders can never perform beyond what they are able to dream. We await 2015 with the expectation of an expectant father (yes, father not mother hahahahah)!

Say, when did you finish from FGC Okposi? Had some relatives there around 2000/2001
Re: Abakaliki In Pictures by omosexy1: 12:05pm On Aug 08, 2012
I will never forget the red sands of Abakaliki. Indeed the place has some potentials, but it requires some serious development.
Re: Abakaliki In Pictures by dolpaz: 1:56pm On Aug 08, 2012
achi4u: you seems to know our major problem know,that his deputy is even worst than Elechi.
We are praying to God to come and rescue his children come 2015.
You will have to stand up and fight for yourself..
I served here in 2010 and this states is backward day by day
*SMH* for ebonyi and its people
Dat's why a certain lady in afikpo, (she calls herself afikpo chicks), whenever she enters lagos, she snap pictures of shoprite as if she's in london..a lagos kid goes to shoprite almost once in a month..mtcheeeewwww
Re: Abakaliki In Pictures by achi4u(m): 3:46pm On Aug 08, 2012
dolpaz:
You will have to stand up and fight for yourself..
I served here in 2010 and this states is backward day by day
*SMH* for ebonyi and its people
Dat's why a certain lady in afikpo, (she calls herself afikpo chicks), whenever she enters lagos, she snap pictures of shoprite as if she's in london..a lagos kid goes to shoprite almost once in a month..mtcheeeewwww
lol maybe she is not all that exposed like other Ebonyians,just look at her name!
Re: Abakaliki In Pictures by VillageBoi(m): 4:01am On Aug 09, 2012
speedyboi: The roads are very repulsive, very dusty!

Hahaha no be dusty roads. Na the Java encoding of his Noykia phone cause am.

achi4u: This pic were taking while on-the-go with my toy NOKIA phone.
Re: Abakaliki In Pictures by yinkated(m): 1:39pm On Aug 10, 2012
I served m in ebonyi in 2002 and i had the best of times. while these pictures bring back memories,it so sad to see that nothing much as changed. AFTER 10 years!!!.Where are we going to in this country.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Share Your Worst Or Funny Travel Experience / The Deplorable State Of Carter Bridge In Lagos State (Photo) / Air Peace Pilot Flies His Mother For The First Time (Pictured)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.