Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,912 members, 7,828,192 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:34 AM

Ok, Enough Is Enough ,it's Time To Deport God From Nigeria. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Ok, Enough Is Enough ,it's Time To Deport God From Nigeria. (2787 Views)

If Your Fellowship Holds These Teachings, Then It's Time You Moved On / School Forces First Grader To Remove "God" From Poem / How to differentiate the Spirit Of God from the diabolical spirit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ok, Enough Is Enough ,it's Time To Deport God From Nigeria. by Ubenedictus(m): 12:19pm On Aug 10, 2012
MacDaddy01:

People like Ubenedictus have been brainwashed by their pastors/churches to be anti-intellectual. They hate evolution without even knowing what it is. They prefer to follow a foreign religion that enslaved their forefathers.

The sad irony here is that the christians believe in talking snakes, witches, angels and dream interpreting but evolution is a myth.
sorry dear u gat d wrong man, cos im not anti intellectual nor all those this u described. Evolution is a scientific theory and as a scientist i accept it as such, one thing with a theory is that in d future, it may be modified or become a law. As a catholic i believe evolution hardly contradicts scriptures, and as a scientist i know it hasnt been proved beyond reasonable doubt.
Peace
Re: Ok, Enough Is Enough ,it's Time To Deport God From Nigeria. by Ubenedictus(m): 12:26pm On Aug 10, 2012
Ki-Katanga:

You can't use concordance if there is no original. Not only is there no original bible, there is also no conclusive agreement on what language it was written in.
haha.
Using concordance, you can get a sense of meaning, but without a nuanced understanding of both source and target languages, it's hard to convey specificities like drove/pushed/forced/threw out, all of which might be translated from the same words in some languages.
well i guess u havent seen a concordance with extensive explanation.

I've seen skeletal remains of most primitive humans (you should try visiting the Natural History Museum in London once in a while).
beautiful, have u seen a live homo habilis? Because a scientist once discovered a very old tooth which look like one from d 'homo' genre only be proven otherwise.

I "Jumped" to Infrastructure because that's what Nigerians need to focus on, not on religion.
is there a time when infrastruture truly satisfied man?
Peace
Re: Ok, Enough Is Enough ,it's Time To Deport God From Nigeria. by KiKatanga: 12:46pm On Aug 10, 2012
Ubenedictus:
well i guess u havent seen a concordance with extensive explanation.
What was this concordance carried out on? Where is the original text?
Ubenedictus:
beautiful, have u seen a live homo habilis? Because a scientist once discovered a very old tooth which look like one from d 'homo' genre only be proven otherwise.
That's how science works! You have to prove that it is what you think it is - if you prove that it isn't then it isn't!
Ubenedictus:
is there a time when infrastruture truly satisfied man?
Peace
Is there a time when man was truly satisfied?

Looking at Earth, the places with the least religion are the most satisfied. You might want to ask yourself why the place that believe most fervently, Haiti, Afghanistan, India, Nigeria etc are blighted with sickness, crime, corruption and poverty, while places like Japan or Holland and Norway where even the Churches have denounced God are living long happy healthy fulfilled lives.
Re: Ok, Enough Is Enough ,it's Time To Deport God From Nigeria. by cyrexx: 1:07pm On Aug 10, 2012

Re: Ok, Enough Is Enough ,it's Time To Deport God From Nigeria. by gator666: 3:46pm On Aug 10, 2012
You can't deport someone who has already left.

1 Like

Re: Ok, Enough Is Enough ,it's Time To Deport God From Nigeria. by Ubenedictus(m): 4:23pm On Aug 10, 2012
Ki-Katanga:

What was this concordance carried out on? Where is the original text?
haha, funny uh u dont need d original text to translate something all you need is a copy of d original text. I thought u already knew that but it seems u didnt.
That's how science works! You have to prove that it is what you think it is - if you prove that it isn't then it isn't!
yeah it was proven otherwise after year of fooling many a scientist, that is why i wont be suprised if many thing science talks about is proven otherwise.

Is there a time when man was truly satisfied?
God

Looking at Earth, the places with the least religion are the most satisfied. You might want to ask yourself why the place that believe most fervently, Haiti, Afghanistan, India, Nigeria etc are blighted with sickness, crime, corruption and poverty, while places like Japan or Holland and Norway where even the Churches have denounced God are living long happy healthy fulfilled lives.
hahaha, because japan has decided to put more into possesing and dorminating the earth, that doesnt mean that those in japan are d happiest of people. Hey u forgot to add even cuba has a communist government yet they are poor.
Peace
Re: Ok, Enough Is Enough ,it's Time To Deport God From Nigeria. by MacDaddy01: 5:12pm On Aug 12, 2012
Ubenedictus: sorry dear u gat d wrong man, cos im not anti intellectual nor all those this u described. Evolution is a scientific theory and as a scientist i accept it as such, one thing with a theory is that in d future, it may be modified or become a law. As a catholic i believe evolution hardly contradicts scriptures, and as a scientist i know it hasnt been proved beyond reasonable doubt.
Peace

Sorry then. Thanks for explaining your position
Re: Ok, Enough Is Enough ,it's Time To Deport God From Nigeria. by Ubenedictus(m): 8:10pm On Aug 12, 2012
MacDaddy01:

Sorry then. Thanks for explaining your position
you're welcome, not everyone is humble enough to apologise when they are wrong. It is a laudable thing that you did.
Peace be unto u.
Re: Ok, Enough Is Enough ,it's Time To Deport God From Nigeria. by nedostic: 8:21pm On Aug 12, 2012
@OP,

I am sure you meant the Nigerian 'god' and not the Almighty God(Jehovah), Who is the King of Kings,Lord of Lords,God of Gods,Creator of all creatures,and the Giver and Maker of Life.

Please learn to separate the Nigerian system from the Almighty.

More so, its obvious many a Nigerian are not serving the Almighty.We are religious just by name and not by act.

Its evident that a society like ours that is birthed in hypocrisy would in tandem yield corrupt fruits which manifest itself in all nooks and crannies of the Nigerian society.

I have refrained from attacking the political elite from all the woes of Nigeria, I would rather advise we all try doing our own bit of goodwill.Let us learn to not only talk good but we owe it to posterity to act good as much as possible.

I believe if we practice and live by the christian tenets,the popularized,religious,farce,and hypocritical Nigerian 'god' could be easily whisked away from the Nigerian society or borrowing the words of the OP, we could have succeeded in deporting this 'god' from Nigeria.

So, the onus is on us not only as Christians but other religious groups as well, to not only talk the talk but to also walk the talk of their various religious beliefs except perhaps corruption,killings,hypocrisy,and other vices are permitted in other religious faiths,but I am fully convinced this is not case.

God bless Nigeria! Jesus Christ is Lord.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Prophet Ajanaku's Death: Tope Alabi Reacts With Joy And Appreciation (PHOTO) / The Making Of The Collapsed Church Building In Uyo (photos) / Our Colonial Masters Used Religion To Enslaves Us

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.