Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,870 members, 7,810,313 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:46 AM

Questions For Mr Anony/idhenobi - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Questions For Mr Anony/idhenobi (3146 Views)

Questions For Daddy G. O, Pastor Kumuyi & Pastor Lazarus Muoka / Questions For Anony About Souls / Questions For Logic1 (if You Have Doubts Concerning The Christian Faith) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Questions For Mr Anony/idhenobi by MacDaddy01: 12:23pm On Aug 06, 2012
Yes, these two fellas think that they are some hardcore debaters angry. They artfully dodge diffcult questions from atheists and then shift the topic to something else that is unexplainable/inexplicable. Unexplainable things are the bedrock of christian arguments-

"what happened before the big bang Mr. Atheist? You dont know? hahaha, it's God!....Gawwwd....Tha creator created it!"

They think they win when atheists agree that they (atheists) dont know everything about the origin of the universe while themselves (Anony and co) do not know either but claim it is Gawd!

So, this thread is to ask some questions hook them down to answer/debate without dodging. You cant dodge from me- there is a reason that I have been banned 9 times as logicboy angry angry. Here are the questions;

-Did God cause the big bang?

-Did christianity/the bible support slavery

-Isnt christianity destroying our culture?

-Is christianity no sexist?

Pick any question of your choice or even pick all, I am ready to debunk you, if you are ready for a debate! grin
Re: Questions For Mr Anony/idhenobi by DeepSight(m): 12:58pm On Aug 06, 2012
If I may jump in without permission -

MacDaddy01:

Yes. What else could?

God, properly understood, is not a grey bearded man in the sky. God is the ultimate cause of all things. Simple.

Christianity as I know it is essentially comprised of the teachings of Christ. As far as I know, Christ did not advocate such. There are a trillion issues in this world and it would be ridiculous to expect him to have commented on every single issue individually. His general teaching of love however, surely negates the practice of slavery.

However the old testament is another kettle of fish. In it, there are hordes of barbaric and primitive injunctions which any man of conscience ought to be ashamed of.

Short answer is yes - Christianity - the commercialized hype as known today, is definitely a social and cultural parasite. But the simple Christianity of love thy neighbour cannot destroy any culture. It uplifts.

Pauline teachings are indeed se.xist.

Pick any question of your choice or even pick all, I am ready to debunk you, if you are ready for a debate! grin

I have scarcely ever seen you intelligibly debunk anything on this forum so please don't get ahead of yourself, Mr.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Questions For Mr Anony/idhenobi by MacDaddy01: 1:39pm On Aug 06, 2012
Good. You were honest in some of your answers!

Deep Sight:

Yes. What else could?

God, properly understood, is not a grey bearded man in the sky. God is the ultimate cause of all things. Simple.

Nope. God is not in the equations or calcualtions of scientists that discovered the big bang. So, where did God jump into science?

Deep Sight:
Christianity as I know it is essentially comprised of the teachings of Christ. As far as I know, Christ did not advocate such. There are a trillion issues in this world and it would be ridiculous to expect him to have commented on every single issue individually. His general teaching of love however, surely negates the practice of slavery.

However the old testament is another kettle of fish. In it, there are hordes of barbaric and primitive injunctions which any man of conscience ought to be ashamed of.

"slaves obey your masters" by apostle paul in the new testament?

Deep Sight:

Good answer

[/quote]
Re: Questions For Mr Anony/idhenobi by Nobody: 9:37pm On Aug 06, 2012
MacDaddy01: Yes, these two fellas think that they are some hardcore debaters angry. They artfully dodge diffcult questions from atheists and then shift the topic to something else that is unexplainable/inexplicable. Unexplainable things are the bedrock of christian arguments-

"what happened before the big bang Mr. Atheist? You dont know? hahaha, it's God!....Gawwwd....Tha creator created it!"

They think they win when atheists agree that they (atheists) dont know everything about the origin of the universe while themselves (Anony and co) do not know either but claim it is Gawd!

Hardcore debaters? Lol......hardly. Been staying away from your threads, haven't I?

So, this thread is to ask some questions hook them down to answer/debate without dodging. You cant dodge from me- there is a reason that I have been banned 9 times as logicboy angry angry. Here are the questions;

Ok

If there was one, which I do not believe there was, He would've caused it.

No

No

Christianity is not sexist at all.

Knock yourself out, sir grin
Re: Questions For Mr Anony/idhenobi by Nobody: 9:37pm On Aug 06, 2012
MacDaddy01: Yes, these two fellas think that they are some hardcore debaters angry. They artfully dodge diffcult questions from atheists and then shift the topic to something else that is unexplainable/inexplicable. Unexplainable things are the bedrock of christian arguments-

Hardcore debaters? Lol......hardly. Been staying away from your threads, haven't I?

Ok

No

No

-Is christianity no sexist?[quote]

Christianity is not sexist at all.

[quote]Pick any question of your choice or even pick all, I am ready to debunk you, if you are ready for a debate! grin

Knock yourself out, sir grin
Re: Questions For Mr Anony/idhenobi by Nobody: 9:38pm On Aug 06, 2012
Double post
Re: Questions For Mr Anony/idhenobi by Nobody: 9:43pm On Aug 06, 2012
And what's with misspelling my name, dude? You detest me that much? grin
Re: Questions For Mr Anony/idhenobi by MrAnony1(m): 10:20pm On Aug 06, 2012
Deep Sight: If I may jump in without permission -

Yes. What else could?

Short answer is yes - Christianity - the commercialized hype as known today, is definitely a social and cultural parasite. But the simple Christianity of love thy neighbour cannot destroy any culture. It uplifts.

I have scarcely ever seen you intelligibly debunk anything on this forum so please don't get ahead of yourself, Mr.
@Deep Sight,
When I read your comments at times, I can't help but notice that you seem to understand what Christianity really is. The question is why are you not a Christian? Why don't you embrace it. It seems to me that you are like one who observes a beautiful house from afar, you really like the house but yet you refuse to walk into it's open doors. The question is why?
Re: Questions For Mr Anony/idhenobi by MacDaddy01: 10:23pm On Aug 06, 2012
Ihedinobi:

No

No

Since, you dont believe in the big bang, lets go with the other topics. Sexism, slavery and culture. Lets handle 2 for now

Slavery;
Slavery was regulated and allowed in the old testament. Christians dodge this by saying the old testament is not what grounds their beliefs. The new testament also has paul saying "slaves obey your masters". How is this not an endorsement of slavery. Jesus himself was a coward who never addressed the slavery that was around him.

Sexism;
Paul wrote that women should be silent in churches and also that they are made in the image of man and not god. How isnt that sexist?
Re: Questions For Mr Anony/idhenobi by MacDaddy01: 10:23pm On Aug 06, 2012
Ihedinobi: And what's with misspelling my name, dude? You detest me that much? grin

Your username is to Benin-ish
Re: Questions For Mr Anony/idhenobi by MacDaddy01: 10:24pm On Aug 06, 2012
Mr_Anony:
@Deep Sight,
When I read your comments at times, I can't help but notice that you seem to understand what Christianity really is. The question is why are you not a Christian? Why don't you embrace it. It seems to me that you are like one who observes a beautiful house from afar, you really like the house but yet you refuse to walk into it's open doors. The question is why?

Are you in love with DeepSight?

Abeg, address the thread, Mr Artful dodger
Re: Questions For Mr Anony/idhenobi by MrAnony1(m): 10:25pm On Aug 06, 2012
MacDaddy01: Good. You were honest in some of your answers!
Don't you just like how your definition of honesty happens to be anything you agree with?
Re: Questions For Mr Anony/idhenobi by jayriginal: 10:43pm On Aug 06, 2012
MacDaddy01:

14 years oh. grin
Re: Questions For Mr Anony/idhenobi by MacDaddy01: 10:44pm On Aug 06, 2012
Mr_Anony:
Don't you just like how your definition of honesty happens to be anything you agree with?

nope. Fail, try again
Re: Questions For Mr Anony/idhenobi by MrAnony1(m): 11:05pm On Aug 06, 2012
MacDaddy01:

Abeg, address the thread, Mr Artful dodger

lol, I love the man actually.....and I also love you (I doubt you'll understand that though)

....Ihedinobi and I must have really gotten under your skin. Anyway, first of all, you don't even know the meaning of the word 'debunk'. Secondly I usually avoid arguing with you because frankly your arguments are wearying and I find that you have difficulty following arguments logically.

As for your questions, the way they are phrased alone don't even make for a healthy debate. I'll show you what I mean:

1.-Did God cause the big bang?
The definition of God is that He is the ultimate cause of everything that is. Any debate on this would mean that one will have to redefine God, at which point it will no longer be God that is being talked about. The only way you can possibly debate this is to show that God is not God i.e. You will have to logically prove that the big bang and everything else was caused by something else other than the ultimate cause of everything. I wish you goodluck with that.

2.-Did christianity/the bible support slavery.
I could debate this one but the problem with it is that it doesn't paint a complete picture at all. There are a lot of questions surrounding it such as the morality of slavery as depicted in the bible and so on and so forth. To answer the question strictly as it is would be to give you a soundbite to jump on. It's just like if I asked is logicboy a crooked liar, and a killer? the strict answer is yes (because you have lied before and you have also killed, even if it is insects you killed). You see, the question doesn't paint a complete picture.

3 -Isnt christianity destroying our culture?
The question here is unfair because it already assumes that our culture is good and christianity is destroying it. You will have to define what a good culture is and then tell me why our culture is good and what christianity is doing to it then we can argue over whether christianity is enhancing our culture or destroying it.
It is like if I asked the question "Isn't logicboy a mad boy?".......see what I mean now?.

4-Is christianity not sexist?

Same thing as applies to number 3
Re: Questions For Mr Anony/idhenobi by MrAnony1(m): 12:31am On Aug 07, 2012
@Logicboy, As an aside: I do attend and sometimes engage in organized debates in London (roughly once or twice a month). If you are interested, I can give you a heads up when I'm coming to London for another such debate and if it is about a topic that interests you, perhaps you may want to attend and hopefully it affords us an opportunity to catch up and have a drink or two.
Re: Questions For Mr Anony/idhenobi by MacDaddy01: 12:36am On Aug 07, 2012
Mr_Anony: @Logicboy, I do attend and sometimes engage in organized debates in London. If you are interested, I can give you a heads up when I'm attending another such debate and if it is about a topic that interests you, perhaps you may want to attend and hopefully it affords us an opportunity to catch up and have a drink or two

That is nice. I am busy for the next few weeks but I will see what I can do. Just know that face to face meetings result in a harder debunking than typing on Nairaland. There is no chance for artful dodging!
Re: Questions For Mr Anony/idhenobi by MacDaddy01: 12:43am On Aug 07, 2012
Mr_Anony:

lol, I love the man actually.....and I also love you (I doubt you'll understand that though)

....Ihedinobi and I must have really gotten under your skin. Anyway, first of all, you don't even know the meaning of the word 'debunk'. Secondly I usually avoid arguing with you because frankly your arguments are wearying and I find that you have difficulty following arguments logically.

As for your questions, the way they are phrased alone don't even make for a healthy debate. I'll show you what I mean:

1.-Did God cause the big bang?
The definition of God is that He is the ultimate cause of everything that is. Any debate on this would mean that one will have to redefine God, at which point it will no longer be God that is being talked about. The only way you can possibly debate this is to show that God is not God i.e. You will have to logically prove that the big bang and everything else was caused by something else other than the ultimate cause of everything. I wish you goodluck with that.

2.-Did christianity/the bible support slavery.
I could debate this one but the problem with it is that it doesn't paint a complete picture at all. There are a lot of questions surrounding it such as the morality of slavery as depicted in the bible and so on and so forth. To answer the question strictly as it is would be to give you a soundbite to jump on. It's just like if I asked is logicboy a crooked liar, and a killer? the strict answer is yes (because you have lied before and you have also killed, even if it is insects you killed). You see, the question doesn't paint a complete picture.

3 -Isnt christianity destroying our culture?
The question here is unfair because it already assumes that our culture is good and christianity is destroying it. You will have to define what a good culture is and then tell me why our culture is good and what christianity is doing to it then we can argue over whether christianity is enhancing our culture or destroying it.
It is like if I asked the question "Isn't logicboy a mad boy?".......see what I mean now?.

4-Is christianity not sexist?

Same thing as applies to number 3

1) Let Me change the question. Please, define God. I want to debunk your notion of God

2) "you may buy slaves from the nations around you" (leveticus)....."slaves obey your masters" (Colossians). Slavery was endorsed both in the old and new testaments.

3)Why do we have 2 weddings church and traditional? Why are we naming our children "Jeremiah" and "Solomon" rather than Akpos, Seun or Tobi? Why are our pagan shrines destroyed instead of kept for tourism?

4)Paul said that women should be silent in churches. Sexist. He also said that women are made in the image of man but men are made in the image of God.
Re: Questions For Mr Anony/idhenobi by MrAnony1(m): 12:52am On Aug 07, 2012
MacDaddy01:

That is nice. I am busy for the next few weeks but I will see what I can do. Just know that face to face meetings result in a harder debunking than typing on Nairaland. There is no chance for artful dodging!

Lol, you make me laugh every time you use the word 'debunk'. Don't worry, I wasn't thinking of the near future either. I'll give you a heads up when the time comes.
Re: Questions For Mr Anony/idhenobi by MrAnony1(m): 1:12am On Aug 07, 2012
It seems you prefer empty soundbites to robust arguments. Let me satisfy your hunger:-

MacDaddy01:
1) Let Me change the question. Please, define God. I want to debunk your notion of God
What part of "ultimate cause of everything in existence" don't you understand?

2) "you may buy slaves from the nations around you" (leveticus)....."slaves obey your masters" (Colossians). Slavery was endorsed both in the old and new testaments.
Fine, Logicboy endorses dishonesty and killing

3)Why do we have 2 weddings church and traditional? Why are we naming our children "Jeremiah" and "Solomon" rather than Akpos, Seun or Tobi? Why are our pagan shrines destroyed instead of kept for tourism?
Why is it such a problem for you how many weddings a person chooses to have or what names a people choose to call their children?

4)Paul said that women should be silent in churches. Sexist. He also said that women are made in the image of man but men are made in the image of God.
Yes Paul said those things, he also said other things too, sexist is just your bias.

Happy now?
Re: Questions For Mr Anony/idhenobi by LogicMind: 9:41am On Aug 07, 2012
Mr_Anony:
@Deep Sight,

Or more likely one that observes a beautiful ashawo from afar, he really likes her but yet refuse to walk into it's open ghonorhea infested "doors"
Re: Questions For Mr Anony/idhenobi by MacDaddy01: 10:30am On Aug 07, 2012
Mr_Anony:

What part of "ultimate cause of everything in existence" don't you understand?

So you are saying that
-God caused himself to exist
-God caused diseases to exist
-God invented the emotion of "jealousy" but mysteriously succumbs to this depressing emotion. "Jealous God
-God created Satan
-God created evil

Surely, your God sounds like a paradoxical monster. grin

Can God create a rock that he can not move?

Mr_Anony:

Fine, Logicboy endorses dishonesty and killing

Lol....when have I done that? Your bible loves killing and enslaving people. Flooding the whole earth, killing witches and taking slaves from the nations around Isreal. It is endorsed in clear writing in the bible.

Thanks for trying to dodge. But you fail. You cant dodge with me.

Mr_Anony:
Why is it such a problem for you how many weddings a person chooses to have or what names a people choose to call their children?

Dodging again. The question is not whether I care bout marriages or naming ceremonies but why do people do it. Rather, it is your churches who care about names

Why do churches feed the racist and ignorant notion that a marriage is not valid without the blessing of a church? Were our grandfathers and ancestors married in a church??

Why do catholic and some anglican churches baptize people in the name of European and Jewish saints? Why was I told that I cant be baptized with my local name but to choose from names with saints in heaven like Phllip, Paul, Jeremiah etc.

Mr_Anony:
Yes Paul said those things, he also said other things too, sexist is just your bias.

So, someone says sexist and pro-slavery stuff and I am the one that is biased? Typical christian babble. The bible says terrible things but the person that points it out is wicked.
Re: Questions For Mr Anony/idhenobi by MacDaddy01: 10:45am On Aug 07, 2012
Logic Mind:

I love it when christians try to use logic when they are cornered.

We can use your logic against the so called resurrection of jesus from death because the definition of death means end of life, death of all cells. This is different from hibernation or the state of coma because decomposition sets in at the point of death. If you study the reactions to the body at death, you'll understand that jesus having died most probably due to excessive loss of blood via his wounds lost the remaining blood via the holes in his feet due to gravity taking over when the heart stopped beating. Other stages of decomposition (algor mortis, autolysis, etc) make it impossible that anything defined as dead could come back to life again. If you have a resurrection, then there could by logic not have been death. So your jesus may have defeated a state of coma, hibernation, faked death or other natural or undiscovered survival mechanism but cetainly not death.

Another fallacy of your argument is if god is the ultimate cause of everything, it means that god is thus the ultimate cause of himself. And here, the mind stops boggling and explodes.

Oh no!

Dont scare Mr Anony away angry angry angry.....I let him off with this fallacy at the beginning so that I could land the sledge hammer of logic on him later. grin grin grin

LMAO
Re: Questions For Mr Anony/idhenobi by buzugee(m): 10:48am On Aug 07, 2012

did Christianity support slavery ? not the type of slavery you are accustomed to seeing after the world was handed to the wicked ( job 9 vs 24 ). slavery is how the lord deals with haughty and wayward children. the purpose of the slavery is to eradicate your haughtiness and pride by having you been subjected to anothers authority. however the heathens ( who got into the earth after the flood ) created a more diabolic form of slavery, especially the edomites, they introduced chattel slavery and lynching and violence into it, for which they have a recompense coming to them. the laws of the lord is that after 7 years of putting the person to work to eradicate their haughtiness, then you should release them. after 7 years if you dont release them, then you are sinning. so slavery as instituted for punishment is non-violent and you should release after 7 years. exodus 21 vs 2 If you buy a Hebrew servant, he is to serve you for six years. But in the seventh year, he shall go free, without paying anything.
Re: Questions For Mr Anony/idhenobi by buzugee(m): 10:55am On Aug 07, 2012
is christianity sexist ? you have been seduced by the way of the wicked PROVERBS 12 VS 26[b] but the way of the wicked seduceth them.[/b] the world was handed into the hand of the wicked JOB 9 VS 24 . AND SINCE THE WICKED HAS BEEN IN CONTROL HE HAS DONE EVERYTHING TO SUBVERT THE NATURAL ORDER OF THINGS. now you are so seduced into the way of the wicked to the extent that you believe that it is sexist for the sexe-s not to be considered equal. the reality of the matter is that men and women are not equal and will never be equal
1-men pee standing up women pee sitting down
2- men have testosterone women have estrogen
3-men have hairy faces women dont
4-men are stronger than women
5-men are more muscular than women
6-women bleed once a month, men dont etc etc etc

we are not equal. those are just facts. to think otherwise makes you a wicked person. you are an anti-christ if you think otherwise.

1 corinthians 11 vs 3[b] Now I want you to realize that the head of every man is Christ, and the head of the woman is man, and the head of Christ is God.[/b]
Re: Questions For Mr Anony/idhenobi by buzugee(m): 10:56am On Aug 07, 2012
Logic Mind:

what if you buy a german servant? how many years does your bible say you can enslave her?
no such thing as a german. these are man made names.
Re: Questions For Mr Anony/idhenobi by buzugee(m): 11:02am On Aug 07, 2012
did God cause the big slam ? what the heck is the big slam ? stop been seduced by the ways of the wicked. proverbs 12 vs 26
Re: Questions For Mr Anony/idhenobi by buzugee(m): 11:06am On Aug 07, 2012
is christianity destroying our culture ? what culture ? your culture is crap. you worship voodoo and sleep with each others spouses and are money obsessed materialists. is this your culture ? your culture is crap so if christianity is destroying it then i say thats good. however christianity as a religion itself is crap so i guess two craps are cancelling each other out. negative eradicating negative. grin
Re: Questions For Mr Anony/idhenobi by buzugee(m): 11:08am On Aug 07, 2012
Logic Mind:

When was the last time you went to Africa?

You should visit some lesbian bars.

Pay a visit to Portugal

Depends

Serena Williams vs Buhari. I know who I'd run to.

Not necessarily. You see, contraceptive pills can do wonders. Science is always one step ahead.
the norm not abstracts. 'NORM' being the operative word

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Help!!!what Is The Best Way To Stop Your Child From Becoming An Atheist? / The Redeemed Church And God On Opposite Paths / Is MFM TV On Startimes ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.