Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,712 members, 7,816,917 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:14 PM

Another Ondo Oba Accussed Of Rape - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Another Ondo Oba Accussed Of Rape (742 Views)

Man Cuts Own Manhood After Being Accused Of Rape / Nigerian Lady Face Jail For Wrongly Accusing Two Men Of Rape / Corpse Of Rape Victim Dumped In Imo Community (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Another Ondo Oba Accussed Of Rape by FSU: 2:37pm On Aug 06, 2012
Police quiz Ondo monarch over attempted rape
August 6, 2012 by Sunday Aborisade 25 Comments

The Ondo State Police Command has interrogated the Olusupare of Supare Akoko in Akoko South West Local Government Area of Ondo State, Oba Kasali Adedeji, for allegedly attempting to rape a housewife in the town.

Our correspondent learnt that the monarch was questioned at Criminal Investigation Department on Saturday.

Adedeji, according to a source at the CID, explained details of what happened between him and the petitioner, Mrs Comfort Awogbami, on May 4, 2012.

The Public Relations Officer of the Command, Mr. Adeniran Aremu, confirmed the development in a telephone interview with our correspondent on Sunday.

He said, “It is true that Olusupare was invited on the strength of a petition against him.

“The Commissioner of Police referred the case to an appropriate quarter and the officer in charge asked the monarch some questions on the issue. The monarch had since been asked to go back to the palace but the case is under investigation.”

The petitioner is currently standing trial at the Supare Magistrate’s Court alongside the monarch’s wife, Sherifat Adedeji, for fighting in public.

The police had accused the duo of engaging in a conduct likely to cause breach of peace.

But Awogbami petitioned the Commissioner of Police alleging bias in the handling of the case by the Divisional Police Officer in charge of the town.

In the letter, a copy of which was sighted by our correspondent, Awogbamila alleged that the monarch attempted to rape her in his wife’s apartment.

She said, “The Kabiyesi had invited me to his wife’s apartment on the said date at about 8pm. On getting to that house, he was alone at home.

“He asked me if I ever knew my husband was having an affair with his wife, an allegation which I denied. He therefore informed me that he would like to do the same thing with me.

“Thinking he was only joking, the kabiyesi went on to hold me and assaulted me, stripped me naked until I raised the alarm which drew the attention of neighbours who came in to rescue me. His wife was not at home as that time.

“I fainted and was later admitted at the General Hospital, Iwaro-Oka, on that same night and was discharged the next day.”

Awogbamila said the case was reported at the police station but alleged that the DPO mounted pressure on her to drop the case.

She said she vowed to pursue the case to a logical conclusion.

However, she said she was surprised when she was arraigned before a magistrate’s court for fighting in public with the monarch’s wife.

Awogbami said, “I am making this passionate appeal to your (Commissioner of Police) office to come to my aid.

“Do not allow me to suffer this injustice in the hands of this kabiyesi who has also been threatening me through his agents.”

Awogbamila asked the police authorities to re-investigate the case and charge the monarch to court appropriately.

http://www.punchng.com/metro/police-quiz-ondo-monarch-over-attempted-rape/
Re: Another Ondo Oba Accussed Of Rape by Ndata(m): 3:42pm On Aug 06, 2012
hehehehe!!D tin dey sweet nau!
Re: Another Ondo Oba Accussed Of Rape by Ndata(m): 3:43pm On Aug 06, 2012
I bet you this thread will never make it to the front page.
Re: Another Ondo Oba Accussed Of Rape by FSU: 3:52pm On Aug 06, 2012
Ndata: hehehehe!!D tin dey sweet nau!

Hahahaha! Na honey dey inside? Even if na honey, why other Naija kings no dey molest women like these Obas?
Re: Another Ondo Oba Accussed Of Rape by FSU: 5:33pm On Aug 06, 2012
This post has been hidden

How's the libido of Yoruba Obas?
Re: Another Ondo Oba Accussed Of Rape by Nobody: 8:57am On Aug 07, 2012
Nawa o.,its like raping has now bcom d norm 4 all dis old perverts dat cal demselves oba.infact dey shud scrap dis obaship thing because it has lost its value.dey just like disgracing d yorubas.,with all their many wives and concubines.smh.awon oloriburuku ninu agbada ati ileke.kabiyesi ko,kabi oniranu ni.mshewwww

(1) (Reply)

Pastor Impregnates Daughter Twice After Wife’s Death / South Africa Man Arrested With'nephew's Genitals In His Wallet" / Policemen Shoot Robbed Banker, Security Guard In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.