Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,346 members, 7,811,997 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:43 AM

Prepare For Upcoming Floods - NIMET Warns - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Prepare For Upcoming Floods - NIMET Warns (6547 Views)

NIMET 2013 Excessive Rainfall Predictions / Nigeria Floods Brings Crocodiles And Hippos Into Homes / Nimet Warns Of Flooding, Erosion! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Prepare For Upcoming Floods - NIMET Warns by OAM4J: 2:37pm On Aug 06, 2012
Nigerians brace for upcoming floods

The Nigerian Meteorological Agency has warned against a “above-normal” rainfall in strategic parts of the country which could lead to flooding in 12 States of the federation. The information, which is contained in a statement made available to newsmen in Abuja and was signed by Eleazar Obende, NIMET Public Relations Unit, says that the states likely to be affected are: Lagos, Ogun, Delta, Cross River, Akwa Ibom, Bauchi, Gombe, Kano, Katsina, and Jigawa.

In order to reduce the impact the imminent flood, NIMET has urged the affected state governments and the people in these states to clear their drainages and waterways as there was prospect of high intensity or long lasting rains occurring between August and October 2012.

“The Nigerian Meteorological Agency (NIMET) advises the government and people in these states to endeavor to clear their drainages as there is high prospect of high intensity or long lasting rains occurring during August – October 2012 as predicted” the statement said.

http://www.businessdayonline.com/NG/index.php/news/284-breaking-news/42363--nigerians-brace-for-upcoming-floods-
Re: Prepare For Upcoming Floods - NIMET Warns by andrewozed: 2:46pm On Aug 06, 2012
How accurate are these information? Naija information no dey hold water o
Re: Prepare For Upcoming Floods - NIMET Warns by ldpele(m): 2:47pm On Aug 06, 2012
Ramson Noah should beta start building the ark,after all his grand dad,abi uncle did same...lolzz

5 Likes

Re: Prepare For Upcoming Floods - NIMET Warns by cogbuagu: 2:47pm On Aug 06, 2012
No Problem

I get boat now. grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Prepare For Upcoming Floods - NIMET Warns by stepo707: 2:51pm On Aug 06, 2012
cogbuagu: No Problem

grin grin grin grin Na so oh.God help us
Re: Prepare For Upcoming Floods - NIMET Warns by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 2:52pm On Aug 06, 2012
NIMET is only doing what they can given the fact that Nigerians are only beginning to take such institutions seriously.
Clear Drainage and ensure you note areas where the region is in a valley.

1 Like

Re: Prepare For Upcoming Floods - NIMET Warns by alaoeri: 2:53pm On Aug 06, 2012
Nigerians especially lagosians no go hear now, if flood come happen they go they blame fashola.

3 Likes

Re: Prepare For Upcoming Floods - NIMET Warns by ebamma(m): 2:58pm On Aug 06, 2012
okay i go buy canoe were i go use dey do taxi now when the rains start.
Re: Prepare For Upcoming Floods - NIMET Warns by megawax8: 3:01pm On Aug 06, 2012
as d end of d world draws nigh grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Prepare For Upcoming Floods - NIMET Warns by Libkid(m): 3:01pm On Aug 06, 2012
God save us all.i fear 4 my states akwa-ibom nd cross-river
Re: Prepare For Upcoming Floods - NIMET Warns by digitite: 3:09pm On Aug 06, 2012
With this shortsighted approach, you can only suppress the symptoms and not the real cause of the disease.

Stop abusing Mother Nature or continue to incur her wrath.

Environment protection and Green Economy is the future.

3 Likes

Re: Prepare For Upcoming Floods - NIMET Warns by AroOkigbo(m): 3:11pm On Aug 06, 2012
alaoeri: Nigerians especially lagosians no go hear now, if flood come happen they go they blame fashola.
If na Fashola, e for better. Na GEJ dem go blame.
Re: Prepare For Upcoming Floods - NIMET Warns by upnaijaDRN: 3:14pm On Aug 06, 2012
God save us oh
Re: Prepare For Upcoming Floods - NIMET Warns by ronkebp(f): 3:23pm On Aug 06, 2012
Whether it is true or not. the State government should start doing something.
Re: Prepare For Upcoming Floods - NIMET Warns by ODB1: 3:24pm On Aug 06, 2012
more likely I expect floods to the northwest. This year's monsoon in the Sahel is very strong. ITD positions breaching 23 degrees north and sustained mesoscaled systems averaging on a daily basis make this region more flood prone. The southwest is currently experiencing the August Break, the second phase of the bi-modal rain pattern to the south is generally lower than the first phase so I don't see heavy rains like was first observed over the southwest. Floodings will definitely occur more as a result of lack of flood preventive infrastructure

1 Like

Re: Prepare For Upcoming Floods - NIMET Warns by Ozonelayer1: 3:49pm On Aug 06, 2012
Na true toke,d afected state should clear their drainage because i also see am 4 dream,were water carry nigeria and trow nigeria 4 one big gutter like dat.those ppl 4 go straite and tell d state governor to clear their drainage nahhh not usin ironical way to tell them

1 Like

Re: Prepare For Upcoming Floods - NIMET Warns by shedo2012(m): 4:11pm On Aug 06, 2012
No problem God wil see us through. I Have already built a gigantic Da-an@ ship to convey the affected people to their pAnanent Cite. Dont wory be Happy.

1 Like

Re: Prepare For Upcoming Floods - NIMET Warns by Omexonomy: 4:22pm On Aug 06, 2012
alaoeri: Nigerians especially lagosians no go hear now, if flood come happen they go they blame fashola.

dem go also blame gej and BH go claim say na dem draw the rain so that make gej for resign
Re: Prepare For Upcoming Floods - NIMET Warns by Omexonomy: 4:26pm On Aug 06, 2012
ronkebp: Whether it is true or not. the State government should start doing something.
true talk i will advice them to start doing frog jump from morning to night

1 Like

Re: Prepare For Upcoming Floods - NIMET Warns by Nobody: 5:21pm On Aug 06, 2012
Y'all better give ur life to christ cos when an ark is built it won't accomodate everyone!! grin
Re: Prepare For Upcoming Floods - NIMET Warns by Nobody: 6:20pm On Aug 06, 2012
digitite: With this shortsighted approach, you can only suppress the symptoms and not the real cause of the disease.

Stop abusing Mother Nature or continue to incur her wrath.

Environment protection and Green Economy is the future.
Ur damn right...seconded by me
Re: Prepare For Upcoming Floods - NIMET Warns by Nobody: 6:26pm On Aug 06, 2012
for bookings and enquiries on ark accomodation call this number 08100002233
1 room= 5k
2 rooms=7k
3rooms=10k
self contain=10k
Hurry bfore stock expires nd rainfall begins
Lolllllzzzzzzz
Re: Prepare For Upcoming Floods - NIMET Warns by sherrylo: 9:13pm On Aug 06, 2012
Wen i remember nigeria water throwaway am ayee, ayee ayee water throw am . Juuust singing or songing
Re: Prepare For Upcoming Floods - NIMET Warns by maigaskiya1: 10:15pm On Aug 06, 2012
Libkid: God save us all.i fear 4 my states akwa-ibom nd cross-river
wow dats sm gudnews.infact am relocatng 2 lagos wit my boats,men dats sm gud money
Re: Prepare For Upcoming Floods - NIMET Warns by Biola4u(m): 12:48am On Aug 07, 2012
cogbuagu: No Problem

Your boat fit carry house ni ? Make i come rent am.
Re: Prepare For Upcoming Floods - NIMET Warns by AustineE1: 7:53am On Aug 07, 2012
....Roll roll roll ur boat
gentle down the sea!
Merry!merry!merry!merry!
LIFE is but a SEA!
Re: Prepare For Upcoming Floods - NIMET Warns by DidiLove1: 8:59am On Aug 07, 2012
Austine.E:

....Roll roll roll ur boat
gentle down the sea!
Merry!merry!merry!merry!
LIFE is but a SEA!

Didn't you go thru nursery school?

(1) (Reply)

2019 Elections: Buhari Warns Against Politics Of Hate, Violence / ‘senate Yet To Inform Buhari About Confirmation Of Ministers’ / Buhari Urges Senate To Confirm NCC, FJSC Nominees

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.