Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,304 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:35 AM

Nigeria Floods Brings Crocodiles And Hippos Into Homes - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Floods Brings Crocodiles And Hippos Into Homes (31520 Views)

Adeola Of Sahara TV Brings Keeping It Real To An End After Mugabe Encounter / President Jonathan's Speech On Recent Floods Experienced / Traditional Ruler Drowns In Delta Floods (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Floods Brings Crocodiles And Hippos Into Homes by Nobody: 7:58pm On Oct 03, 2012
Dangerous animals, including crocodiles, snakes and hippos, have found their way into homes and communities in central Nigeria after devastating flooding, residents say.

The creatures were carried along flood-swollen rivers, say the authorities.

"There is now a hippopotamus in [my] house," Benue state resident Wuese Jirake told the BBC. "I hope that when it is tired, it may leave myhome."
Hundreds of thousands of people have been displaced by the flooding.

Hundreds also died in the worst flooding in decades.

Vast tracts of farmland have been completely destroyed.

Mr Jirake told the BBC he had returned to his home to find it occupied by the hippo.

"This morning I visited my house. It is still inundated with the flood waters above my waist. There is now a hippopotamus in the house," he said.
He said he had reported the situation to the authorities.

"I hope that when it is tired, it may leave my home. If there is any other way of dealing with the problem, the authorities need to pursue that because it is beyond my abilities."

Similar situations have been reported in the towns of Makurdi, Agatu, Logo and Adoka, says the BBC's Is'haq Khalid.

Nigeria's National Emergency Management Agency says it is working hand in hand with the Benue state government and other relevant agencies to ensure the flood victims return to their homes.

The co-ordinator of the agency in north-central Nigeria, Abdussalam Muhammad, told the BBC that it was not safe for people to go back to their houses because of the presence of the dangerous animals.

"Presently there are crocodiles and snakes as well as other dangerous animals brought in by the floodwaters that are living in those houses, so, if the people return, it will be harmful to them and they will put their lives at risk," he said.
He said people should wait for instructions after the floodwaters have subsided.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-19818180

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Floods Brings Crocodiles And Hippos Into Homes by basisop(m): 8:51pm On Oct 03, 2012
grin Hate to laugh but the man is also funny "I hope that when it is tired it may leave my home". Leave to where?

28 Likes

Re: Nigeria Floods Brings Crocodiles And Hippos Into Homes by Kobojunkie: 9:42pm On Oct 03, 2012
ROFLMAO!!!! grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Are you sure those are hippos?

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Floods Brings Crocodiles And Hippos Into Homes by Scarpon(m): 10:00pm On Oct 03, 2012
oyibo Don add salt and pepper

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Floods Brings Crocodiles And Hippos Into Homes by KayDee4: 10:03pm On Oct 03, 2012
We have Hippos shocked ? Cool !! cool cool cool

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Floods Brings Crocodiles And Hippos Into Homes by Syfy(f): 10:03pm On Oct 03, 2012
Nawao
Re: Nigeria Floods Brings Crocodiles And Hippos Into Homes by overdrive(m): 10:04pm On Oct 03, 2012
That na better meat na God butter the man bread we dey find that kind meat for enugu here.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Floods Brings Crocodiles And Hippos Into Homes by GARRIx7(m): 10:04pm On Oct 03, 2012
Sound untrue to me!!!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Floods Brings Crocodiles And Hippos Into Homes by ArQueBusieR(m): 10:06pm On Oct 03, 2012
Animal invasion. lol
Re: Nigeria Floods Brings Crocodiles And Hippos Into Homes by aryzgreat: 10:08pm On Oct 03, 2012
even dinosaur is in our bedroom, when e sleep finish e go disafia! undecided

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Floods Brings Crocodiles And Hippos Into Homes by Nobody: 10:08pm On Oct 03, 2012
Abeg anybody wey see Lion and Tiger for im house make we know! The flood don carry all the wild animals comot for jungle come enter pesin house! Wahala dey o!

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Floods Brings Crocodiles And Hippos Into Homes by executinal(m): 10:09pm On Oct 03, 2012
Not only Hippos na HIPOPOTACULES enter your house grin grin
Re: Nigeria Floods Brings Crocodiles And Hippos Into Homes by ArQueBusieR(m): 10:09pm On Oct 03, 2012
Kay-Dee:
We have Hippos shocked ? Cool !! cool cool cool
Yeah...until they try to eat you.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Floods Brings Crocodiles And Hippos Into Homes by Nobody: 10:09pm On Oct 03, 2012
I hope no be mama Ngozi wey own mamaput down the street dem they mistake for hippo.

8 Likes

Re: Nigeria Floods Brings Crocodiles And Hippos Into Homes by emekaD3(m): 10:09pm On Oct 03, 2012
Chai BBC! Hippos ke grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Floods Brings Crocodiles And Hippos Into Homes by Nobody: 10:10pm On Oct 03, 2012
Two weird statement there: I hope when its tired it will leave my house

People should wait for instructions to return when the flood is leveled...that is I have to wait for instructions frm govt b4 going back to my house...it sounds silly just like the man above leaving his house to a hippo..

Illegal tender...see good meat

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Floods Brings Crocodiles And Hippos Into Homes by gbadexy(m): 10:11pm On Oct 03, 2012
I didn't know too that we have hippos in Nigeria.
I wonder how many wild animals we have in nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Floods Brings Crocodiles And Hippos Into Homes by Nobody: 10:11pm On Oct 03, 2012
We kuku need more zoo animals for Port Harcourt zoo
Re: Nigeria Floods Brings Crocodiles And Hippos Into Homes by dabrake(m): 10:12pm On Oct 03, 2012
as in, someone 'liked' such story?
Re: Nigeria Floods Brings Crocodiles And Hippos Into Homes by Nobody: 10:12pm On Oct 03, 2012
"There is now a hippopotamus in [my] house," Benue state resident Wuese Jirake told the BBC. "I hope that when it is tired, it may leave myhome."
Hundreds of thousands of people have been displaced by the flooding.

Hundreds also died in the worst flooding in decades.

BBC don dey craize pkata kpata chai grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Floods Brings Crocodiles And Hippos Into Homes by nass07(m): 10:14pm On Oct 03, 2012
God!!! This is getting too serious o!
Re: Nigeria Floods Brings Crocodiles And Hippos Into Homes by aryzgreat: 10:14pm On Oct 03, 2012
*Ileke-IdI:
I hope no be mama Ngozi wey own mamaput down the street dem they mistake for hippo.

Nope, he meant iya sikira wey get ibadan ikebe

10 Likes

Re: Nigeria Floods Brings Crocodiles And Hippos Into Homes by dangerzone: 10:14pm On Oct 03, 2012
picture please!
Re: Nigeria Floods Brings Crocodiles And Hippos Into Homes by timbros(m): 10:14pm On Oct 03, 2012
Na photoshopped Hippo the man see for him house grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria Floods Brings Crocodiles And Hippos Into Homes by hardbody: 10:14pm On Oct 03, 2012
overdrive: That na better meat na God butter the man bread we dey find that kind meat for enugu here.

May God answer your prayer and may you have massive flood hitting your home and may it bring with it crocs, snakes and hippos so you can have enough meat to eat. slowpoke
Re: Nigeria Floods Brings Crocodiles And Hippos Into Homes by Todaynatoday: 10:14pm On Oct 03, 2012
h i p for the hip for the hip
p o p o for the hippopo
and t a m u s for the hippopotamus.
HIPPOPOTAMUS!

10 Likes

Re: Nigeria Floods Brings Crocodiles And Hippos Into Homes by mallorca(m): 10:17pm On Oct 03, 2012
LOL
Re: Nigeria Floods Brings Crocodiles And Hippos Into Homes by nass07(m): 10:17pm On Oct 03, 2012
bandiejay: BBC don dey craize pkata kpata chai grin grin grin grin
don't mind them. All they know is to explore the slightest negative report coming out Nigeria. Blure-dy western media!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Floods Brings Crocodiles And Hippos Into Homes by alaoeri: 10:18pm On Oct 03, 2012
What about mermaids.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Floods Brings Crocodiles And Hippos Into Homes by Nobody: 10:19pm On Oct 03, 2012
Todaynatoday: h i p for the hip for the hip
p o p o for the hippopo
and t a m u s for the hippopotamus.
HIPPOPOTAMUS!

Rofl grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria Floods Brings Crocodiles And Hippos Into Homes by bunchyproject(m): 10:23pm On Oct 03, 2012
God Dey

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Five Aspirants To Battle Obaseki For APC Ticket / Ned Nwoko: Court Remands Jaruma In Suleja Prison / PMB Will Not Hand Over To Igbo The Way North Stupidly Handed Over To GEJ- Junaid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.