Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,988 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:49 AM

Nigeria Vs Greece World Cup Match Was Fixed ? - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs Greece World Cup Match Was Fixed ? (13814 Views)

Nigeria Vs Sudan: Afcon Qualifiers (3 - 1) On 15th October 2014 / Do You Think Brazil Vs Germany Was Fixed? / Spanking Of The Gunners: Was The Scoreline 4-1? The Match Was Fixed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs Greece World Cup Match Was Fixed ? by victorD3: 2:54pm On Aug 07, 2012
Does Kaita has any affiliation with Farouk Lawal? I mean region or religion. Then if so FIFA should investigate further. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece World Cup Match Was Fixed ? by Birikiti: 3:02pm On Aug 07, 2012
Guys, guys, guys! Please read the story very well.

What the story is implying is that Referees have been heavily compromised. The manner of the red card was suspicious as was many questionable calls in the match.

The story says a Federation is being investigated! Believe me, it is not NFF; I guess it is the Greek Federation. How do I know? Well, Nigerians are not capable of match-fixing at that level, Oyinbos would promptly make us a scape-goat if we tried.

So me suspect the Greek Federation and that referee.
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece World Cup Match Was Fixed ? by mikeuz(m): 3:24pm On Aug 07, 2012
Corruption and nigeria are twinz.
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece World Cup Match Was Fixed ? by Ninilowo(m): 4:34pm On Aug 07, 2012
otokx: Junk journalism
GBAM!
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece World Cup Match Was Fixed ? by Rastamann: 5:28pm On Aug 07, 2012
FIFA should just shut up and clean their house. I am not exonerating Nigeria but the whole of FIFA is corrupt!
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece World Cup Match Was Fixed ? by Clemzy16(m): 5:57pm On Aug 07, 2012
...and so what?
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece World Cup Match Was Fixed ? by Pakonte(m): 6:01pm On Aug 07, 2012
yaks was giving bribe 2 miss an open net against korea grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece World Cup Match Was Fixed ? by Rossikk(m): 6:18pm On Aug 07, 2012
zobo-i-zee:
we were beaten fair and squarely. No corruption abeg. Some people just like to create headline news.

Yo don't KNOW that. So shut it.
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece World Cup Match Was Fixed ? by Rossikk(m): 6:21pm On Aug 07, 2012
Pakonte: yaks was giving bribe 2 miss an open net against korea grin grin grin grin

Nothing unbelievable about that. Have you heard of international betting syndicates? Do you know that their members always attend these world sporting events looking for which player/agent/official to bribe to throw matches? It's a very big business. I also recall that Kanu during the 2010 WC stated that certain players in the SE were being bribed to throw games, but nothing came of his efforts to expose them.
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece World Cup Match Was Fixed ? by Nobody: 6:41pm On Aug 07, 2012
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece World Cup Match Was Fixed ? by Litmus: 7:06pm On Aug 07, 2012
Birikiti: Guys, guys, guys! Please read the story very well.

What the story is implying is that Referees have been heavily compromised. The manner of the red card was suspicious as was many questionable calls in the match.

The story says a Federation is being investigated! Believe me, it is not NFF; I guess it is the Greek Federation. How do I know? Well, Nigerians are not capable of match-fixing at that level, Oyinbos would promptly make us a scape-goat if we tried.

So me suspect the Greek Federation and that referee.

Thought i'd re-post this b'cause some people have so much Nigeria in the brain, they're blind to other things.
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece World Cup Match Was Fixed ? by purplekayc(m): 7:29pm On Aug 07, 2012
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece World Cup Match Was Fixed ? by Nobody: 8:14pm On Aug 07, 2012
Why is the coming up 2yrs after the world cup, Someone need to be dealt with Keita and Yakubu were bribed or what?
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece World Cup Match Was Fixed ? by thegoodjoehunt(m): 9:23pm On Aug 07, 2012
If we like it or not, there was no reason why Sensei Kaita gave the guy the Karate Kick. I was shell shocked, it looked like a joke and I laughed my heart out even though I felt sad.
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece World Cup Match Was Fixed ? by vanminister: 11:00pm On Aug 08, 2012
The match was not fixed.

Blame the outcome on indiscipline of african players and their ego.

Also blame the effect of the saga on the reputation of nigeria to be associated with corruption. Corruption stories with nigeria sells like brandy!

They wouldnt stick a betting scandal on USA or other top nations in any story. They don't dare.

But because nigeria has no father figure to defend its integrity, all sorts of insults and scorns, aspersions are cast on us!

In the west, it is a general believe that if a nigerian has repented and he is now telling the truth, even the whole truth, they will still not believe him!

can someone raise a motion in the house of reps to have the name of our country changed please?
Re: Nigeria Vs Greece World Cup Match Was Fixed ? by Nobody: 9:16am On Aug 09, 2012

(1) (2) (Reply)

Messi: I'm Not Cristiano Ronaldo, I Can't Win Big Matches Alone / U-20 World Cup Final: Ghana Wins Brazil [4 - 3] on Penalties / Who Is The Most Successful And Richest Nigerian Footballer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.