Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,786 members, 7,827,895 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:44 PM

Bayelsa Adopts Own Flag, Coat Of Arms And Anthem - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bayelsa Adopts Own Flag, Coat Of Arms And Anthem (77825 Views)

Troops Recovers Large Cache Of Arms And Ammunitions At Gursum (photos) / Dasuki Releases Breakdown Of Arms Purchases, Says “nigerians Will Hear A Lot” / Every State Get Dem Own Flag (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bayelsa Adopts Own Flag, Coat Of Arms And Anthem by pingpong1: 9:14pm On Aug 07, 2012
Got this info from Kayode Akintemi, Channelstv GM on twitter. Whoever has a link or confirmation should post it please.

Kayode Akintemi ‏@KayodeAkintemi
#BreakingNews: Bayelsa State House of Assembly passes new law, adopting the state's flag, Coat of Arms and Anthem
https://twitter.com/KayodeAkintemi/status/232930012708352001

Re: Bayelsa Adopts Own Flag, Coat Of Arms And Anthem by Nobody: 12:46am On Aug 08, 2012
Like seriously undecided
Re: Bayelsa Adopts Own Flag, Coat Of Arms And Anthem by smile4kenn(m): 12:46am On Aug 08, 2012
Is this sign that Nigeria is about to Divide?

Its too late to divide people!

Let us join hands together and uphold this great country people

http://www.carsdey.com/

2 Likes

Re: Bayelsa Adopts Own Flag, Coat Of Arms And Anthem by kobikwelu(m): 12:50am On Aug 08, 2012
I find nothing wrong with this..as far as the flag is flown below the Nigerian flag, it is absolutely ok

2 Likes

Re: Bayelsa Adopts Own Flag, Coat Of Arms And Anthem by slimderek(m): 12:51am On Aug 08, 2012
This just goes to show a Divided Nigeria
Nigeria We Hail Thee
Re: Bayelsa Adopts Own Flag, Coat Of Arms And Anthem by tpia5: 12:52am On Aug 08, 2012
Pictures, videos?

Do they have a tree, fruit, etc in their insignia?

Just curious.

I had a thread last year showcasing the different state flags and emblems. Cant find it at the moment- it was opened by somebody else, also.

Can somebody pull it up for me- should be bookmarked somewhere.
Re: Bayelsa Adopts Own Flag, Coat Of Arms And Anthem by Nobody: 12:55am On Aug 08, 2012
not neccessarily a sign of division. shows we are moving toward true federalism. each state of the US has its own flag, logo, motto and i think even its own anthem

4 Likes

Re: Bayelsa Adopts Own Flag, Coat Of Arms And Anthem by dayokanu(m): 12:55am On Aug 08, 2012
He he he.

I am waiting for people who claimed Aregbesola wanted to secede when he did the same thing in the State of Osun

13 Likes

Re: Bayelsa Adopts Own Flag, Coat Of Arms And Anthem by puskin: 12:56am On Aug 08, 2012
If this is confirmed to be true...and FG just plays dumb with this......other states would follow suit......then I'm afraid for the entity called "Nigeria"

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa Adopts Own Flag, Coat Of Arms And Anthem by JideTheBlogger(m): 12:57am On Aug 08, 2012
No big deal
Re: Bayelsa Adopts Own Flag, Coat Of Arms And Anthem by snowytee(m): 12:58am On Aug 08, 2012
What's wrong with that.cross river has her flag n anthem.Even my secondary school had her flag and anthem, so  how does bayelsa's flag n anthem mean division of Nigeria.Hian!

6 Likes

Re: Bayelsa Adopts Own Flag, Coat Of Arms And Anthem by tpia5: 12:59am On Aug 08, 2012
Only in nigeria or is it on nl that people open descriptive threads with no graphics or descriptions to explain what they're talking about?

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa Adopts Own Flag, Coat Of Arms And Anthem by ODB2: 1:05am On Aug 08, 2012
A state flag is different from a National flag dimwits.

All states that make the U.S. have their own flag and crest.

It's similar to Lagos crest and motto.

Even Great Britain which is comprised of several individual Nations (England, Wales, Scotland and N.Ireland) all have their own emblems and flags

Texas Flag

2 Likes

Re: Bayelsa Adopts Own Flag, Coat Of Arms And Anthem by ODB2: 1:06am On Aug 08, 2012
English Flag

Re: Bayelsa Adopts Own Flag, Coat Of Arms And Anthem by Jerrygotswagg(m): 1:06am On Aug 08, 2012
Nairalanders am so upset about was i read on nairaland nowadays, it seems everytin they tell us is all lies, for example they told us dat the Ogoni has left naija to form their own ogoni,with their own president, and i go dey argue with my bro and he calld me a junky because of nairaland, now they have said sumtin about my state again o, saying we get new flag and so on, mehn am tired of dis fake lies, pls if u agree with me to beg nairaland make he stop to dey give us fake info just hit d like button....

25 Likes

Re: Bayelsa Adopts Own Flag, Coat Of Arms And Anthem by Excuzeme: 1:08am On Aug 08, 2012
Even Police Station flies TWO FLAGS!

Their useless own (Police) and a tattered Green-White-Green.

I beg, left Jonathan People alone joor, na dem craze be that.

2 Likes

Re: Bayelsa Adopts Own Flag, Coat Of Arms And Anthem by ODB2: 1:08am On Aug 08, 2012
British Flag, Union Jack is a composite of the Welsh, Scot, English and N.Ireland flags

Re: Bayelsa Adopts Own Flag, Coat Of Arms And Anthem by YorubaOmoge: 1:09am On Aug 08, 2012

Re: Bayelsa Adopts Own Flag, Coat Of Arms And Anthem by ODB2: 1:09am On Aug 08, 2012
Scottish flag

Re: Bayelsa Adopts Own Flag, Coat Of Arms And Anthem by Murphy7h4: 1:11am On Aug 08, 2012
Much appreciated
Re: Bayelsa Adopts Own Flag, Coat Of Arms And Anthem by SlyIg(f): 1:12am On Aug 08, 2012
Long Live d Federal Republic of Bayelsa!!!
Long Live d Federal Republic of Ogoni!!!
Long Live d Federal Republic of Biafra!!!
YES S S O O O O O....

6 Likes

Re: Bayelsa Adopts Own Flag, Coat Of Arms And Anthem by tpia5: 1:13am On Aug 08, 2012
Jerrygotswagg: Nairalanders am so upset about was i read on nairaland nowadays, it seems everytin they tell us is all lies, for example they told us dat the Ogoni has left naija to form their own ogoni,with their own president, and i go dey argue with my bro and he calld me a junky because of nairaland, now they have said sumtin about my state again o, saying we get new flag and so on, mehn am tired of dis fake lies, pls if u agree with me to beg nairaland make he stop to dey give us fake info just hit d like button....

I think what they meant is elements within ogoni formed a separatist movement just like the former mend, and since boko haram seems to be starting a new phase, someone or something has to fill the void formerly occupied by these groups.

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa Adopts Own Flag, Coat Of Arms And Anthem by oluwasesan(m): 1:21am On Aug 08, 2012
Come guys, Different states in the USA have their own different flags. I see nothing wrong if Bayesa state decided to have her own flag
Re: Bayelsa Adopts Own Flag, Coat Of Arms And Anthem by dayokanu(m): 1:26am On Aug 08, 2012
https://www.nairaland.com/914217/fg-puts-aregbesola-under-security

Beaf: The man has foolishly been going round with tawun carring unknown flags before him, not just that, but playing an unknown anthem in place of the Nigerian one; even at official functions that demand decorum and gravity. I have been saying that the man is mad, but it might be something else.

Can we also say Seriake Dickson of Bayelsa is also mad?

11 Likes

Re: Bayelsa Adopts Own Flag, Coat Of Arms And Anthem by Nobody: 1:28am On Aug 08, 2012
O_D_B: English Flag

England is a country, dumbo.. grin
Re: Bayelsa Adopts Own Flag, Coat Of Arms And Anthem by Nobody: 1:29am On Aug 08, 2012
Interesting news...... cool

The UK formula is the best for Nigeria...

United Nigeria Kingdom (UNK)!!!! grin

I pray and hope I see my Lagos soon!! cool cool
Re: Bayelsa Adopts Own Flag, Coat Of Arms And Anthem by ai119(m): 1:32am On Aug 08, 2012
U see how foolish our people re thinking before US used state flag d costitution give authority while in Nigeria action before law.

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa Adopts Own Flag, Coat Of Arms And Anthem by Nobody: 1:32am On Aug 08, 2012
Jerrygotswagg: Nairalanders am so upset about was i read on nairaland nowadays, it seems everytin they tell us is all lies, for example they told us dat the Ogoni has left naija to form their own ogoni,with their own president, and i go dey argue with my bro and he calld me a junky because of nairaland, now they have said sumtin about my state again o, saying we get new flag and so on, mehn am tired of dis fake lies, pls if u agree with me to beg nairaland make he stop to dey give us fake info just hit d like button....
Did u mean the Ogoni independence was a lie? How did u confirm?
Re: Bayelsa Adopts Own Flag, Coat Of Arms And Anthem by Nobody: 1:34am On Aug 08, 2012
Gbamm! Ase gun-un. This is a good development bye-bye to 'one Nigeria'. Honestly speaking, division is what can solve this security problem
Re: Bayelsa Adopts Own Flag, Coat Of Arms And Anthem by ODB2: 1:34am On Aug 08, 2012
shymmex:

England is a country, dumbo.. grin

it's not magga. is there an English prime minister or a British PM?
Re: Bayelsa Adopts Own Flag, Coat Of Arms And Anthem by GAR3TH(m): 1:36am On Aug 08, 2012
Many states in nigeria and around the world already have their own flag, anthem and coat of arms. Its nothing new nor should this be alarming. If anything people should be surprise that after all these years bayelsa did not have a flag, coat of arms and anthem. This doesn't mean bayelsa is forming its own country nor does it mean nigeria is dividing. It just a way for bayelsa to represent her self.

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa Adopts Own Flag, Coat Of Arms And Anthem by ODB2: 1:39am On Aug 08, 2012
GAR3TH: Many states in nigeria and around the world already have their own flag, anthem and coat of arms. Its nothing new nor should this be alarming. If anything people should be surprise that after all these years bayelsa did not have a flag, coat of arms and anthem. or is there something i'm missing?

No mind all this yoruba peeps, they can't see beyond their hypocritical noses

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Rivers Rerun: Ikwerre Women Sit Down In Front Of INEC Collation Center. PICS / Boko Haram Distributes Ramadan Packages, Cash To Borno, Yobe Residents (photos) / MKO Abiola & Obasanjo In Secondary School (Throwback Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.