Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,365 members, 7,829,930 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:52 PM

Lawan Stopped At Airport From Travelling Abroad - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lawan Stopped At Airport From Travelling Abroad (13397 Views)

FG Orders Arrest Of Ex-customs Boss At Airport / How G-5 Govs, Atiku Stopped Lawan-thisday / Buhari Warns Airport Officials Against Stopping Ex-ministers From Travelling (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lawan Stopped At Airport From Travelling Abroad by crackhouse(m): 10:24am On Aug 08, 2012
Billyonaire: I wish I was at the Airport then, I would have given him a giant punch in the face.
haha, then he will reply u with a Fed.Gov slap.
Re: Lawan Stopped At Airport From Travelling Abroad by 1800bc(f): 10:25am On Aug 08, 2012
where is the barawo running to?? heheheahaha grin grin grin
Re: Lawan Stopped At Airport From Travelling Abroad by kenny888: 10:32am On Aug 08, 2012
the guy should look for someone to smuggle him out of the country in a carton since he is very small in size,God punish his generation
Re: Lawan Stopped At Airport From Travelling Abroad by Enlightened1: 10:39am On Aug 08, 2012
Hahaha bro!! me too.... I would punch him the face and spit on him!!

Billyonaire: I wish I was at the Airport then, I would have given him a giant punch in the face.
Re: Lawan Stopped At Airport From Travelling Abroad by bonetalk(m): 10:41am On Aug 08, 2012
Detongue:

that is what d report say's. He must hv hidden another passport in his cap, incase...
lol
Re: Lawan Stopped At Airport From Travelling Abroad by SkyBlue1: 10:41am On Aug 08, 2012
On a serious note, I won't mind this man and our many other corrupt politicians being allowed to go to the UK or the US, in dire hopes that some of their shady dealings had passed through such territories so they can be tried and prosecuted there. I have ABSOLUTELY NO CONFIDENCE in the Nigerian Judiciary, Executive and Legislature when it comes to dealing with corruption. NONE WHATSOEVER. What an utterly useless bunch and waste of timers. Please send our crooks somewhere we know they will be prosecuted let others do the job for us since you have shown yourselves to be fully complicit, and spare us this absolute SHAM of an "anti-corruption" fight. This "anti-corruption" battle lives only on the pages of the newspaper and in the mind of deluded Nigerians. Corrupt government.

Tomorrow we will get the token "prosecution" story in the newspapers and people will stand jumping up and down and undulating like idiots!

1 Like

Re: Lawan Stopped At Airport From Travelling Abroad by airfinance(m): 10:51am On Aug 08, 2012
So he want to go and perform lesser Hajj with stolen money. Na wa ooo. Hypocrtical nature of nija politician when it comes religion. Allah is watching and he is great.
Totally unislamic. Thiefing bastrd
Re: Lawan Stopped At Airport From Travelling Abroad by LeJeun3: 11:10am On Aug 08, 2012
Beaf: How was he going to travel since his passports were siezed previously? Does it mean he forged a passport?

My Man, dem no show us when dem collect d passport na. So all na talk. Very soon you'll see headline which reads 'Lawan returns after Lesser Hajj, allaying fears that he might flee prosecution'
Re: Lawan Stopped At Airport From Travelling Abroad by SkyBlue1: 11:29am On Aug 08, 2012
LeJeun3:

My Man, dem no show us when dem collect d passport na. So all na talk. Very soon you'll see headline which reads 'Lawan returns after Lesser Hajj, allaying fears that he might flee prosecution'

Dey dia dey tink say na play. Until we read am tomorrow. One thing that continues to be the prevailing trend and closely upheld truth in Nigeria is this: If you steal big, you WILL get away with it. What a useless country.

We should begin to pay other countries (eg UK, US, France et. al) to do our prosecution for us. And I am being serious here. Screw this whole "colomentality" bull crap. At least with such countries you know you will get some results. So far, cases handled by UK we know of - 1, prosecution - 3 (I think). Cases handled by the Nigerian state since the advent of the fourth republic - ?? ? ? ? Number of prosecutions - ? ? ? ?

Do the friggin mathz
Re: Lawan Stopped At Airport From Travelling Abroad by lavante(m): 11:43am On Aug 08, 2012
SoRry to derail the thread.....but I am cracking up with laughter with all the comments. Summary of story is that our leaders have no shame at all and there is no justice in this land. Imagine the dude was trying to connect calls to '??highly placed people'. We are on our own...
Re: Lawan Stopped At Airport From Travelling Abroad by TalkingBird: 11:46am On Aug 08, 2012
lavante: SoRry to derail the thread.....but I am cracking up with laughter with all the comments. Summary of story is that our leaders have no shame at all and there is no justice in this land. Imagine the dude was[b] trying to connect calls to '??highly placed people'.[/b] We are on our own...

My brother!
Re: Lawan Stopped At Airport From Travelling Abroad by ortopazz(m): 11:48am On Aug 08, 2012
Okija_juju: ARGH!!!!

Farouk wan jaa!!

Omo!! And somebody said he was innocent!!

Na wah sha!! Shouldnt that man be jail now?!

If na US, the District Attorney would have tagged him a 'Flight risk' and had his arse thrown in jail without an option of bail.

+
my thoughts exactly! Why cant this cun3ri get something right for once, arrest this man or the eidiot should step down! Simple self esteem! Im no get.
Re: Lawan Stopped At Airport From Travelling Abroad by Melahou(m): 11:52am On Aug 08, 2012
Beaf: How was he going to travel since his passports were siezed previously? Does it mean he forged a passport?
am not sure you are asking such a question
Re: Lawan Stopped At Airport From Travelling Abroad by TalkingBird: 11:52am On Aug 08, 2012
okpara ugo: The Nigerian justice system glorifies big thieves and punish small thieves with long jail terms.

Which means if you no make money for Naija, u be bush meat.

Like this one -
EFCC DROPS ODILI's CORRUPTION CASE
Re: Lawan Stopped At Airport From Travelling Abroad by alaoeri: 11:54am On Aug 08, 2012
Presidentcarter: they should have put him on a flight to england, the british judiciary will convict him speedily, recover the country's money while we are still looking for evidence to prosecute him. however, it is good to know that he wasn't allowed to travel, we don dey wise up!!!
And who told u lawan is still in this country or u are relying on what the newspaper reported abi, don't be surprise if the same paper report that he's back from less hajj. Na today.
Re: Lawan Stopped At Airport From Travelling Abroad by Melahou(m): 12:00pm On Aug 08, 2012
SoRry to derail the thread.....but I am cracking up with laughter with all the comments. Summary of story is that our leaders have no shame at all and there is no justice in this land. Imagine the dude was trying to connect calls to '??highly placed people'. We are on our own...
my broda derail if u want...the law says a suspect is presumed innocent until proven guilty...
Re: Lawan Stopped At Airport From Travelling Abroad by crackhouse(m): 12:00pm On Aug 08, 2012
Detongue:

that is what d report say's. He must hv hidden another passport in his cap, incase...
i am sure that man can't sell that cap for 1million if he sees an interested buyer because it's very important to him and it have served him well too.

1 Like

Re: Lawan Stopped At Airport From Travelling Abroad by Kobojunkie: 12:06pm On Aug 08, 2012
ebamma: story story,once upon a time farouk lawan was supposed to be in prison but now he is a free man

Thank you! Might just be in our best interest that he goes abroad -- UK I hope, where some of our lawyers may finally be able to get the courts there to put him where he really belongs, if guilty. I hope we nail Odili too that way too.
Re: Lawan Stopped At Airport From Travelling Abroad by kutchs: 12:18pm On Aug 08, 2012
ebamma: story story,once upon a time farouk lawan was supposed to be in prison but now he is a free man
What does ur fairy tale mean? You are only supposed to be in prison if u have been tried and found guilty, it is as simple as that but cmon what are they waiting for to begin his trial?
Re: Lawan Stopped At Airport From Travelling Abroad by question(m): 12:40pm On Aug 08, 2012
God punish devil.

Proverbs 28:1 The wicked flee when no man pursueth:

Facrook must have laundered the $620k and other bribe proceeds out of the country.

He probably wants to go and get money to bribe "orders from above'.
Re: Lawan Stopped At Airport From Travelling Abroad by mamaafrik(m): 12:46pm On Aug 08, 2012
Eleriibu ọmọ o fẹ tuulẹ lẹyinbaokowona,kaaayẹ, ọmọ ofo.
Re: Lawan Stopped At Airport From Travelling Abroad by otokx(m): 12:48pm On Aug 08, 2012
He should have been allowed to go and be IBORIED in London.
Re: Lawan Stopped At Airport From Travelling Abroad by Reptyle(m): 12:50pm On Aug 08, 2012
Mcheeeew!!!

Flight risk or no flight risk, what is the guarantee that Mr. Farouk Lawan's so-called prosecution will not be another legal jamboree that will cost taxpayers millions of Naira but yield no convictions at the end?

Did I not just read in the papers today that the EFCC may be dropping charges against Peter Odili after about 5 years of legal rigmarole?

Did it not take Ibori's misadventure to the UAE and the UK to get him to get his comeuppance for his crimes?

Perhaps we should let more of our corrupt officials to "flee" abroad so that Nigerians can get justice for the bastardization of our economies from foreign courts.

1 Like

Re: Lawan Stopped At Airport From Travelling Abroad by tiwasiaife(m): 12:51pm On Aug 08, 2012
What will he tell allah in dat hajj? He was caught red handed and he is still denying it. Lawal an unrepentant sinner stop mocking hajj.
Re: Lawan Stopped At Airport From Travelling Abroad by 1forall: 12:53pm On Aug 08, 2012
Another manifestation of the idiocy in our system.

Reptyle: Did I not just read in the papers today that the EFCC may be dropping charges against Peter Odili after about 5 years of legal rigmarole?

What have the authorities been doing before now with regards to his prosecution? How long does it take to prosecute an individual? Did the police not say recently that the case was stalled because there was no evidence (how ridiculous)? If the man is to be prosecuted what have they been waiting for? All of us know that most likely nothing is going to happen, this looks like a case of zealous security/immigration officials wanting to appear busy.
Re: Lawan Stopped At Airport From Travelling Abroad by 1forall: 12:55pm On Aug 08, 2012
Another manifestation of the idiocy in our system.

Reptyle:
Did I not just read in the papers today that the EFCC may be dropping charges against Peter Odili after about 5 years of legal rigmarole?

What have the authorities been doing before now with regards to prosecution? How long does it take to prosecute an individual? Did the police not say recently that the case was stalled because there was no evidence (how ridiculous)? . If the man is to be prosecuted what have they been waiting for? All of us know that most likely nothing is going to happen.

This looks to me like a case of zealous security/immigration officials wanting to appear busy, and happy to frustrate a seemingly 'powerful' man which may have given them a bigger kick in comparison to frustrating ordinary individuals.
Re: Lawan Stopped At Airport From Travelling Abroad by 1forall: 12:58pm On Aug 08, 2012
...err
Re: Lawan Stopped At Airport From Travelling Abroad by Reptyle(m): 12:59pm On Aug 08, 2012
lavante: SoRry to derail the thread.....but I am cracking up with laughter with all the comments. Summary of story is that our leaders have no shame at all and there is no justice in this land. Imagine the dude was trying to connect calls to '??highly placed people'. We are on our own...

...and I can bet you that those calls to the "highly placed" paid off. I am sure he got the required clearance to fly first class to Saudi for the Hajj and it was most likely a complimentary ticket or one paid for from the coffers of the house of rep's purse. He may have even embarked on the trip as a member of some federal government or senate delegation to the lesser hajj... angry
Re: Lawan Stopped At Airport From Travelling Abroad by Reptyle(m): 1:02pm On Aug 08, 2012
tiwasiaife: What will he tell allah in dat hajj? He was caught red handed and he is still denying it. Lawal an unrepentant sinner stop mocking hajj.

He will tell God that he has come to seek for forgiveness...
Re: Lawan Stopped At Airport From Travelling Abroad by DExplorer1: 1:36pm On Aug 08, 2012
tiwasiaife: What will he tell allah in dat hajj? He was caught red handed and he is still denying it. Lawal an unrepentant sinner stop mocking hajj.
I endorse this comment
Re: Lawan Stopped At Airport From Travelling Abroad by Enitsua(m): 2:04pm On Aug 08, 2012
story abi? Nice one bro

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Abiola's Wife Refused To Collect Form-; PDP / Timipre Sylva: Buhari Will Sign PIB Into Law Soon -FG / Nairaland 2012 Ethnic Census

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.