Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,566 members, 7,861,676 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 04:52 PM

Insecurity: Niger Delta Will Cut Off North –dokubo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Insecurity: Niger Delta Will Cut Off North –dokubo (511 Views)

South South Niger Delta will never Join Biafra. / Niger Delta Will Suffer For Jonathan’s Actions In Office – Obasanjo / Niger Delta Will Continue To Push For Increased Derivation - Uduaghan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Insecurity: Niger Delta Will Cut Off North –dokubo by zegtech(m): 10:00am On Aug 08, 2012
The leader of Niger Delta People Volunteer Force, Alhaji Mujahid Asari-Dokubo, has threatened that if the current trend of insecurity degenerates into a war, the South-South will cut off the North from both food and weapon supplies.

Addressing journalists in Abuja yesterday, he blasted those calling on Jonathan to resign or become a Muslim.

Dokubo, who said in the event of a war the north will suffer, added: “In the past two decades apart from Srilanka nobody has won a war against another country. The war will continue forever, if you start a war, it will continue forever. We are just waiting. It is we that they are pushing. They will push us to the extent that we will tell Goodluck that you are on your own. Now we want to fight and the guns will start coming out.

“What will happen is unimaginable in the history of the world. I feel pained because I am a Muslim. I know the north will suffer because not only oil, we will cut them off totally from the cost. No food will go in.”

He described the amnesty programme as a bribe, saying “They bribed some people who are running around kidnapping, doing bunker; say stop. Let the oil flow. That is just amnesty. I did not take amnesty. But that amnesty will not work because if Goodluck thinks all of us will be criminalised to take amnesty, we will not. And that means that they are saying that all of these people who did not take amnesty should go back and start shooting. Very soon, it will happen. It has taught us that you gain by criminality, you gain by kidnapping which is immoral.”
http://dailytrust.com.ng/index.php/other-sections/lead-stories/173743-insecurity-niger-delta-will-cut-off-north-dokubo

(1) (Reply)

Gun Shot At Wharf Road. / Ladoja Accuses Ajimobi Of Breaching Accord / BREAKING NEWS: Boko Haram Denies Dialogue With Govt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.