Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,540 members, 7,812,680 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:28 PM

Niger Delta Will Continue To Push For Increased Derivation - Uduaghan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Niger Delta Will Continue To Push For Increased Derivation - Uduaghan (7741 Views)

South South Niger Delta will never Join Biafra. / Niger Delta Will Suffer For Jonathan’s Actions In Office – Obasanjo / Borno Gov To Buhari: Give N/east 13% Oil Derivation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Niger Delta Will Continue To Push For Increased Derivation - Uduaghan by lakpalakpa: 5:30pm On Sep 15, 2014
Niger Delta will Continue to Push for Increased Derivation, Says Uduaghan

15 Sep 2014

Delta State Governor, Dr. Emmanuel Uduaghan, at the weekend declared that the people of the Niger Delta would remain undaunted in their quest for increased derivation from the Federation Account.

Uduaghan observed that the people of the region despite the stalemate on increased derivation at the just concluded National Conference, would continue to push for more funds.

The governor made the remarks at the weekend while receiving the Minister of Niger Delta, Dr. Steve Oru, who came on a thank-you visit to the governor.
He was accompanied by political leaders of Urhobo extraction, including the Deputy Governor, Prof. Amos Utuama (SAN).

Uduaghan explained that the agitation of the Niger Delta region was not borne out of insensitivity and greed but because of the huge fund required to remedy the devastation and pollution to the environment occasioned by the activities of oil exploitation and exploration.

The governor appealed for understanding from all Nigerians in these developmental challenges of the Niger Delta region which the current 13 per cent derivation could not adequately address.

“Let me appeal to our brothers outside the Niger Delta that what we have presently is not near enough what is required to address the challenges of development we have in the region,” he said.

Uduaghan noted that although the 50 per cent the delegates to the conference were demanding was not achieved, “we shall not give up asking for more for this region.”

He appealed to politicians as well as political office holders in the state to eschew the attitude of grumbling but seek the interest of the state above personal interest.

“There are a lot of us who are always grumbling, sometimes we need to draw a line and first of all think of the system, what is in the interest of the state before our personal interest.

“There are people who will say if I don’t get it, then I must destroy it. We are even seeing them on the field again for 2015, lots of them are in the race now for 2015. So if God say’s it is not you, don’t destroy it, try

to see how you can help to build,” the governor advised.
Uduaghan who commended the delegation for coming to appreciate him for his contribution and support towards the appointment of the minister, said: “Yes I played my part, but I believe that this appointment was given to Oru by God and God should take the credit.

“God used the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, Dr. Goodluck Jonathan, to listen to the cry of the Urhobo people, to listen to the cry of Delta people and to listen to the cry of those who believe in loyalty, steadfastness and those who believe in remaining where they should be even if it has not happened. And that is why we were able to get this appointment,” he said.

The state Deputy Governor, Utuama, who led the delegation on behalf of Oru and the Urhobo nation, thanked the governor for his numerous contributions and support for the Urhobo people, noting that his detribalised disposition has enabled him to pilot the affairs of the state in the right direction.
Oru while showing his appreciation to the state governor, promised that he would contribute his quota to the development of the region and the benefit of the Niger Delta.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/niger-delta-will-continue-to-push-for-increased-derivation-says-uduaghan/189069/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Niger Delta Will Continue To Push For Increased Derivation - Uduaghan by hungryboy(m): 6:06pm On Sep 15, 2014
Uduaghan will u shut up dia, u want more derivation money so that u can use it to build and commission more swimming pools abi?

18 Likes

Re: Niger Delta Will Continue To Push For Increased Derivation - Uduaghan by pabon(m): 6:13pm On Sep 15, 2014
Kk
Re: Niger Delta Will Continue To Push For Increased Derivation - Uduaghan by T4taiwo(m): 6:13pm On Sep 15, 2014
Ok
Re: Niger Delta Will Continue To Push For Increased Derivation - Uduaghan by Moblord(m): 6:13pm On Sep 15, 2014
There are people who will say if I don’t get it, then I must destroy it. We are even seeing them on the field again for 2015, lots of them are in the race now for 2015. So if God say’s it is not you, don’t destroy it, try

to see how you can help to build.
You are right mallam

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Niger Delta Will Continue To Push For Increased Derivation - Uduaghan by Nobody: 6:14pm On Sep 15, 2014
I am curious to know what was done with what they've received so far.

9 Likes

Re: Niger Delta Will Continue To Push For Increased Derivation - Uduaghan by zzybaby: 6:14pm On Sep 15, 2014
Ishi aki............ Ok
Re: Niger Delta Will Continue To Push For Increased Derivation - Uduaghan by datguru: 6:14pm On Sep 15, 2014
Aromate! De undefiled baggers! Tell them say we no get joy
Re: Niger Delta Will Continue To Push For Increased Derivation - Uduaghan by Nobody: 6:14pm On Sep 15, 2014
is this thread irrelevant?? I mean I just made front page grin
Re: Niger Delta Will Continue To Push For Increased Derivation - Uduaghan by Pectoris(m): 6:14pm On Sep 15, 2014
Ok

1 Like

Re: Niger Delta Will Continue To Push For Increased Derivation - Uduaghan by tigonana: 6:14pm On Sep 15, 2014
Hmmm!!!
Re: Niger Delta Will Continue To Push For Increased Derivation - Uduaghan by gbaskiboy: 6:15pm On Sep 15, 2014
Setting platform for 2015 drama
Re: Niger Delta Will Continue To Push For Increased Derivation - Uduaghan by OLAplusONE(m): 6:15pm On Sep 15, 2014
Haven't they been doin that for ages?
Re: Niger Delta Will Continue To Push For Increased Derivation - Uduaghan by Ussy4real(m): 6:15pm On Sep 15, 2014
SEE HIM MOUTH
Re: Niger Delta Will Continue To Push For Increased Derivation - Uduaghan by Opey4luv(m): 6:15pm On Sep 15, 2014
The problem is not the quantity of the derivations, it's how it's being used.

6 Likes

Re: Niger Delta Will Continue To Push For Increased Derivation - Uduaghan by IYIMAN: 6:16pm On Sep 15, 2014
What have u done with the 13%?.

2 Likes

Re: Niger Delta Will Continue To Push For Increased Derivation - Uduaghan by calobinna(m): 6:16pm On Sep 15, 2014
i don't trust politicians...some are hypocrites
but I want to be one
for those who love weed follow this link
www.nairaland.com/1889887/thread-those-love-weed#26056777

1 Like

Re: Niger Delta Will Continue To Push For Increased Derivation - Uduaghan by omenka(m): 6:17pm On Sep 15, 2014
What has he been doing with the alocation the state has been receiving since 2007, treating the tumur on his forehead and buying taxis??

9 Likes

Re: Niger Delta Will Continue To Push For Increased Derivation - Uduaghan by gbaskiboy: 6:17pm On Sep 15, 2014
calobinna: a
kai! Stop booking space here
Re: Niger Delta Will Continue To Push For Increased Derivation - Uduaghan by Funfreak: 6:18pm On Sep 15, 2014
Me don tire for all diz politics shit oo
Re: Niger Delta Will Continue To Push For Increased Derivation - Uduaghan by gbaskiboy: 6:19pm On Sep 15, 2014
zzybaby: Ishi aki............ Ok
idi funny wanyi, gini ka nwoke a meregi?
Re: Niger Delta Will Continue To Push For Increased Derivation - Uduaghan by Nobody: 6:19pm On Sep 15, 2014
the one they gave u what did u do with it..... hammer head of horror angry angry angry

2 Likes

Re: Niger Delta Will Continue To Push For Increased Derivation - Uduaghan by Slymonster(m): 6:19pm On Sep 15, 2014
This foolish man of all people in niger delta talking when he hasnt done shit since being in power

2 Likes

Re: Niger Delta Will Continue To Push For Increased Derivation - Uduaghan by jayonpoint(m): 6:20pm On Sep 15, 2014
50% derivation is enuf to grant niger-delta region independence.
Anyway, state of Oduduwa on my mind

4 Likes

Re: Niger Delta Will Continue To Push For Increased Derivation - Uduaghan by Naofficial: 6:20pm On Sep 15, 2014
No be my concern actually
Re: Niger Delta Will Continue To Push For Increased Derivation - Uduaghan by maskamdo(m): 6:21pm On Sep 15, 2014
Give them 130% they will still ask 4 more
Re: Niger Delta Will Continue To Push For Increased Derivation - Uduaghan by Simpsonrocket(m): 6:22pm On Sep 15, 2014
Akpors went to a software store, on spotting a brightly coloured software disc with inscription Mozilla Firefox 4.0 . Akpors said to himself ' Nna men this war film na die' .Akpors called the attendant ' Plz o my son, do you have the season one and two of this movie?' The attendant fainted.

2 Likes

Re: Niger Delta Will Continue To Push For Increased Derivation - Uduaghan by otijah(m): 6:22pm On Sep 15, 2014
Yeah
Re: Niger Delta Will Continue To Push For Increased Derivation - Uduaghan by amakufrancis(m): 6:24pm On Sep 15, 2014
that ma governor
Re: Niger Delta Will Continue To Push For Increased Derivation - Uduaghan by Jakpon: 6:24pm On Sep 15, 2014
The Niger Deltans can do whatever they like with their oil wealth just give us True federalism, Regionalism and 100% resource control

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Niger Delta Will Continue To Push For Increased Derivation - Uduaghan by M4gunners: 6:25pm On Sep 15, 2014
See this Greedy Man wen una suppose to the call clueless man but body dey call am.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu Court Case Holds Today? / Imo State Versus Anambra Which Is Developed Nd Wealthy (views Needed) / National Assembly Workers Threaten To Embark On Indefinite Strike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.