Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,755 members, 7,809,896 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:48 PM

American Pastor Joins Muslims In Ramadan Fast - Islam for Muslims (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / American Pastor Joins Muslims In Ramadan Fast (12857 Views)

In Ramadan, My Wife Doesn't Want To Sleep With Me / How To Overcome Sexual Temptation In Ramadan / What Time Do We Start And End Fasting In Ramadan? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: American Pastor Joins Muslims In Ramadan Fast by thirty(m): 3:33pm On Aug 10, 2012
edicolove: The guy is not a serious pastor. Many christians fast sometimes as much as seven days without food. Millions of Christians fast for 3 days without food at least once a year. If the so called pastor has not fasted this much before, he certainly is not a true pastor. Most Christians really don't consider the muslims kind of fast as fasting because if I have to eat that much before 6am in the morning, I don't think I will feel like am fasting at all. That is not to say the muslims fasting is wrong, just saying we Christians view fasting differently and actually in a more stringent way. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion on fasting but these American pastors just fulfil the prophecy of Jesus that in the last days, false prophets shall arise.

thank God you call him a false prophet, not a muslim

Now, christain can fast as many days as they like without food, that is not the standard (check your bible very well). the ratinale behind fasting is to be Righteous, moral, honest, purify your soul and close to God, and if someone fast for 3 days without good intension and other fast 13 hours with Righteous deed and prayer answered. what is the benefit of the former.

bros, God dont made human being to under to hardship. christain fasting is one and that is why many christians dont fast or break before breaking time except the man of God who will not eat but taste drops of water every day
Re: American Pastor Joins Muslims In Ramadan Fast by OmoTier1(m): 3:39pm On Aug 10, 2012
Apostasy? Yea, very true! People do not be deceived, stand your ground and hold on tenaciously to your FAITH! These are the signs of the end of this age. When you see those who claim to belong to the Faith suddenly beginning to look for it again, God save their soul is my prayer for them. I love all men but Islam has no place in God.

1 Like

Re: American Pastor Joins Muslims In Ramadan Fast by thirty(m): 3:40pm On Aug 10, 2012
rash47: Allhu akbar, Allhu akbar, Allahu akbar, I observed my jummat prayer in Ansar-deen mosque today in kubwa,Abuja. A man named michael,whose father is a pastor converted to islam,his now MOHAMMED, I pray (saw) guide guide him to reap the bounties of islam

Allhu akbar, Allhu akbar, Allahu akbar, Alhamdulillai

Allah is the Grreatest, those he tell the reason?
Re: American Pastor Joins Muslims In Ramadan Fast by Kessyy2k4(m): 3:41pm On Aug 10, 2012
Fastg has bn proven gud 2 d health even by non-muslms. Muslm around d world need nt wori much abt dis, cos der r more dan surprsg tin has hapning in islam. ALLAHU WAk baru!
Re: American Pastor Joins Muslims In Ramadan Fast by maclatunji: 3:48pm On Aug 10, 2012
Omo_Tier1: Apostasy? Yea, very true! People do not be deceived, stand your ground and hold on tenaciously to your FAITH! These are the signs of the end of this age. When you see those who claim to belong to the Faith suddenly beginning to look for it again, God save their soul is my prayer for them. I love all men but Islam has no place in God.
shocked shocked shocked grin

I would rather believe what God says:
Al-Mâ’idah – Surah 5 of The Qur'an. The Table Spread

[5:3] “This day I have perfected your religion for you, completed My favors upon you, and have chosen for you, Islam as your religion.”

tongue
Re: American Pastor Joins Muslims In Ramadan Fast by May22nd(m): 3:50pm On Aug 10, 2012
Does it means anything by fasting during the ramadan period? Does it change his religious faith? Even if his change his religious faith, does it qualify him to parade?
I am a muslim faithful, I always observe 40-day fasting of christian. I delight in reading bible more than any book. I use to follow my friends to bible study, prayer meeting and other church activities whenever they invite me to their churches. in fact, there is tendency that I will soon become a christian.
Re: American Pastor Joins Muslims In Ramadan Fast by maclatunji: 3:52pm On Aug 10, 2012
May22nd: Does it means anything by fasting during the ramadan period? Does it change his religious faith? Even if his change his religious faith, does it qualify him to parade?
I am a muslim faithful, I always observe 40-day fasting of christian. I delight in reading bible more than any book. I use to follow my friends to bible study, prayer meeting and other church activities whenever they invite me to their churches. in fact, there is tendency that I will soon become a christian.

Am I allowed to call you a liar because you just contradicted yourself and look more like a Christian desperate to market his religion?

#Notjustsaying
Re: American Pastor Joins Muslims In Ramadan Fast by siddiq202(m): 3:55pm On Aug 10, 2012
May22nd: Does it means anything by fasting during the ramadan period? Does it change his religious faith? Even if his change his religious faith, does it qualify him to parade?
why?
maclatunji:

[5:3] “This day I have perfected your religion for you, completed My favors upon you, and have chosen for you, Islam as your religion.”

tongue

Re: American Pastor Joins Muslims In Ramadan Fast by 2bey(m): 4:20pm On Aug 10, 2012
enochogulu: Of what benefit will d fasting do 2 him since he is not a muslim?no muslim will agree 2 join christian in any ceremony,even 2 shake hands with non-muslim is a problem 2 dem
At least there is sm1 making use of his grey matter,instead of idle wishes and irrational thinking . . . Am looking foward to an Imam joining the christians in next year's Lenten season(in a zillion years).
It's okay to be peace-loving but to sentimental about religious issues ***quietly passes the page ***
Re: American Pastor Joins Muslims In Ramadan Fast by 2bey(m): 4:32pm On Aug 10, 2012
Beaf!:

Abstaining from certain food and eating others is certainly not a fasting as precribed by the Holy Qur'an. Drinking only palp, eating only white and water is more like watching one's diet if you ask me.

BTW, did Bible make the fasting compulsory to Christians? Just asking sha... I need to know
I too w'd like to know if having ones stomach filled with food before the break of day, eating nothing till sundown and then having a better time with food qualify as a fast.
Re: American Pastor Joins Muslims In Ramadan Fast by Nobody: 4:37pm On Aug 10, 2012
2bey:
I too w'd like to know if having ones stomach filled with food before the break of day, eating nothing till sundown and then having a better time with food qualify as a fast.

If you want to know, why not try it even for one day
Re: American Pastor Joins Muslims In Ramadan Fast by jobaskia(m): 5:08pm On Aug 10, 2012
@ maclatunji There is no imposition of religion on anyone. We muslims tend to always go extreme at all times. Life is a cycle and it comes with apsiration , values, commitment, what spurs u one on . It's a good step in the right direction for the man. Our attitude can equally make him to change totally by converting . Our attitude takes us to our altitude. For instance, virtually christians ve come across have been able to establish strong relationship without trying to coerce them to my religion (islam) and make them to realize that Islam for those underdtand the tenent. The hadiths emphasizes on our attitude which Holy Prophet (S.A.W) also portray by bringing new converts to islam and a lot of people loved him

Have once been a member of Tabligh and they try as much to give you certain teachings that are antithetical to islam. What ve noticed is that they dwell so much on the hadith than the Holy Quran. We don't be fanatical or a fundamentalist before we can achieve or get thing right

There have been a lot of MUJIZA(miracle) which we muslims dont flaunts about. God has enriches us all

1 Like

Re: American Pastor Joins Muslims In Ramadan Fast by OlaAdvert: 5:13pm On Aug 10, 2012
It has nothing to do with change of Faith but Truly God answered especially in Ramadam. Christianity and Islam is d same wish I
believe
Re: American Pastor Joins Muslims In Ramadan Fast by 3kay945(m): 5:26pm On Aug 10, 2012
if he has been taken the Christian fasting before then, he will see the Muslim own has child's play.
Re: American Pastor Joins Muslims In Ramadan Fast by alaoeri: 5:50pm On Aug 10, 2012
May Allah (swt) guide him τ̲̅ȍ the right path & öthers in the western world. Even heard muslims are converting en mass in europe & america.
Re: American Pastor Joins Muslims In Ramadan Fast by pimps: 5:51pm On Aug 10, 2012
Bélla3: i fasted yesterday! And it wasnt 4 ramadam although in ramadam month. Dat pastor is a disgrace by implying christains dnt fast.
Al thesame we nid peace, and i think this wil help cool our muslim brothers.
Why are U̶̲̥̅̊ judging the pastor  taught ur bible says thou shall not judge.
Re: American Pastor Joins Muslims In Ramadan Fast by thorpido(m): 5:54pm On Aug 10, 2012
maclatunji: shocked shocked shocked grin

tongue

Allah may have chosen islam or even Muhammed but it certainly was not The God Who sent Jesus that did.Jesus said,'And the Father himself,which hath sent me,hath borne witness of me.Ye have neither heard his voice at any time,nor seen his shape.And ye have not his word abiding in you:for whom(Jesus)he hath sent,him ye believe not.(John5:37-38)
Re: American Pastor Joins Muslims In Ramadan Fast by LagosShia: 5:57pm On Aug 10, 2012
killuminati: Ma'sha'Allah!

@muslims: pls how can an ulcer patient that cannot do without eating be clear off this ramadan. Since it's compulsory for all muslims to fast during this holy month. Wht is the alternatives or/is there any explanations.

Pls(muslim brothers and sisters) kindly enlighten me on that.

Thank you all
Ma'sallam!

a qualified doctor preferably who is Muslim himself and who fasts and knows the importance of fasting should advice you on that depending on how severe your ulcer is.

from experience,i know someone who has ulcer and the person was prevented from fasting.the person can no longer fast because her condition cannot bear the fasting.

then you should seek the opinion of a scholar to know how much "kaffarah" (in lieu) for the fasting you should pay or do.

you can consult these scholars and seek their opinions online if you wish:

http://www.leader.ir/langs/en/

http://sistani.org/
Re: American Pastor Joins Muslims In Ramadan Fast by pimps: 6:00pm On Aug 10, 2012
3kay945: if he has been taken the Christian fasting before then, he will see the Muslim own has child's play.
My brother fasting nope be punishment oh.
Re: American Pastor Joins Muslims In Ramadan Fast by drzed: 6:02pm On Aug 10, 2012
DANILSA: U guys should pray his not a secret member of CIA, Mossad or M15 dis guys can do anything.

There is no need for any prayer. Let him and his CIA/Mossad/MI5 plan, plot or scheme whatever they want. Allah is the best of planners and a true muslim has nothing to (hide or) be afraid of: except Allah.
Re: American Pastor Joins Muslims In Ramadan Fast by drzed: 6:12pm On Aug 10, 2012
3kay945: if he has been taken the Christian fasting before then, he will see the Muslim own has child's play.

...As usual, some Christians MUST just compare. What do you mean by child's play? Is this now a hunger competition?

For your information, fasting in Islam is way beyond food matters. It is both a physical and spiritual experience or undertaking. Apart from the things a muslim MUST abstain from (...with food being just one of many), there are things that s/he MUST do for the fasting to be valid. And these things I speak of are of tangible and intangible kinds. You clearly have no clue.

There is no basis of comparison. Fasting is a pillar of Islam without which our belief is incomplete or invalid. To the best of my knowledge, there is no statutory, theological or pontifical edict that stipulates a Christian must fast. There is no standard/global list of do's and donts that guide Christian fasting as practised today. So why compare? We Muslims will be asked (on day of Judgement) about our fasting whereas for you Christians, it is a matter of 'who send'.

So please, stop comparing, criticising and complaining about Islam and and the world has a better chance of being a better place.

"Lakum deenakum, wa liyad deen" (you have your religion, and we have ours).
Re: American Pastor Joins Muslims In Ramadan Fast by maclatunji: 6:28pm On Aug 10, 2012
thorpido: Allah may have chosen islam or even Muhammed but it certainly was not The God Who sent Jesus that did.Jesus said,'And the Father himself,which hath sent me,hath borne witness of me.Ye have neither heard his voice at any time,nor seen his shape.And ye have not his word abiding in you:for whom(Jesus)he hath sent,him ye believe not.(John5:37-38)

LOL. I won't rebutt so as not to derail.
Re: American Pastor Joins Muslims In Ramadan Fast by maclatunji: 6:31pm On Aug 10, 2012
drzed:

...As usual, some Christians MUST just compare. What do you mean by child's play? Is this now a hunger competition?

For your information, fasting in Islam is way beyond food matters. It is both a physical and spiritual experience or undertaking. Apart from the things a muslim MUST abstain from (...with food being just one of many), there are things that s/he MUST do for the fasting to be valid. And these things I speak of are of tangible and intangible kinds. You clearly have no clue.

There is no basis of comparison. Fasting is a pillar of Islam without which our belief is incomplete or invalid. To the best of my knowledge, there is no statutory, theological or pontifical edict that stipulates a Christian must fast. There is no standard/global list of do's and donts that guide Christian fasting as practised today. So why compare? We Muslims will be asked (on day of Judgement) about our fasting whereas for you Christians, it is a matter of 'who send'.

So please, stop comparing, criticising and complaining about Islam and and the world has a better chance of being a better place.

"Lakum deenakum, wa liyad deen" (you have your religion, and we have ours).

Your eloquence is quite impressive. You should post more often.
Re: American Pastor Joins Muslims In Ramadan Fast by mmmustapha(m): 10:23pm On Aug 10, 2012
killuminati: Ma'sha'Allah!

@muslims: pls how can an ulcer patient that cannot do without eating be clear off this ramadan. Since it's compulsory for all muslims to fast during this holy month. Wht is the alternatives or/is there any explanations.

Pls(muslim brothers and sisters) kindly enlighten me on that.

Thank you all
Ma'sallam!
if his illness cannot allow him to fast, he should feed poor for 29 or 30 days according to d number of fastin days
Re: American Pastor Joins Muslims In Ramadan Fast by Yuzarsif(m): 12:41am On Aug 11, 2012
Allahu akbar daz very gud daz wat we want as muzlims i hope some unbelievers will soon join islam.
Re: American Pastor Joins Muslims In Ramadan Fast by Mutee: 6:58am On Aug 11, 2012
Bélla3: you are the only reasonable muslim here. GOD BLESS YOU. BT anytime i go to buy a qur'an the refuse to sel to me bcoz am a christain. A boy was beaten to unconciousnes becoz a qur'an was found wit him nd he wasnt a 'believer'. I am very afraid, i hav a delicate body o! Plus, i hate internet bible or qur'an becoz for al i knw, sumtin might be mising. THANX
Although we've not interacted much here on NL, have you ever asked for an english translation of the Noble Qur'an? I can get you copy with conditions if you wish.
Re: American Pastor Joins Muslims In Ramadan Fast by Mutee: 7:15am On Aug 11, 2012
Bélla3: i fasted yesterday! And it wasnt 4 ramadam although in ramadam month. Dat pastor is a disgrace by implying christains dnt fast.
Al thesame we nid peace, and i think this wil help cool our muslim brothers.
I don't think he's a disgrace as you see it. He's seen reasons and decided to go the way he chooses. Hence, freewill.
Re: American Pastor Joins Muslims In Ramadan Fast by tiarabubu: 10:39am On Aug 11, 2012
Fasting is prescribed in Christianity. in fact from the time of Isaiah to the Church at Antioch in Acts of the Apostles. Jesus admonishes us not to make public show of fasting, that is why we don't "announce" fasting times or set aside periods of the year.

“Moreover when you fast, don’t be like the hypocrites, with sad faces.
For they disfigure their faces, that they may be seen by men to be
fasting. Most certainly I tell you, they have received their reward.17
But when you fast, put oil on your head and wash your face,
18 so that it will not be obvious to others that you are fasting,
but only to your Father, who is unseen; and your Father, who sees
what is done in secret, will reward you.
(Matthew 6:16-18)

In the early church, fasting was norm. The church in Antioch were worshipping the Lord and fasting before sending Barnabas and Paul for work (Acts 13:2).Paul and Barnabus appointed elders with prayer and fasting (Acts 14:23). Major decisions and activities in most Churches even apart from personal fasting, such as election of elders, consecration, persecution, needs, evangelism, prayer support, activity weeks etc are preceded by fasting and prayers

Infact sometimes siblings don't even know the other is fasting, for how long and for how many days. that is why many outside Christendom will not know we fast very often. Its done on a massive scale but not outwardly shown.

So what the Pastor did is probably a PR stunt; he may be trying to seek greater understanding by the act, or he himself doesnt fast. Not surprising since the Americans are bringing weird and unacceptable stuff into religion these days.
Re: American Pastor Joins Muslims In Ramadan Fast by sissa: 10:48am On Aug 11, 2012
Allahu Akbar

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Only One Sect Out Of 73 Will Enter Paradise? / Nathan Ellington: People In Football Are Unaware Of What Muslims Need To Do... / The True, Peaceful Face Of Islam.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.