Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,750 members, 7,824,158 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:08 AM

Mimiko Is The Symbol Of Transformation - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mimiko Is The Symbol Of Transformation (855 Views)

Jonathan Is The Symbol Of Democracy - Jimmy Carter / Mimiko Is A Traitor & Betrayer - Tinubu / "Emperor Tinubu": Akeredolu Says Mimiko Is An Ingrate & Disrespectful (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mimiko Is The Symbol Of Transformation by bilms(m): 2:04pm On Aug 08, 2012
It is clear that the Action Congress of Nigeria(acn) is keen on capturing Ondo state at all cost,even when its obvious that, known of its 5 state governors is close to Mimiko in term of performance.

The acn under the leadership of TINUBU have mobilized all its 5 state governors in southwest both in term of resources and influence to dethrone the IROKO, has the Ondo State Governor MIMIKO is popularly called,but when truth speaks,no lies can emerge.

OLUSEGUN MIMIKO emerge as the Ondo State governor under the Labor Party,but the acn leadership wanted him to join them to complete the Southwest quota.

They had called him on several occasions but in MIMIKO's word:

My resistance to Action Congress of Nigeria’s forced conscription.

The disagreement we have is that the Action Congress of Nigeria, ACN, said I should leave the Labor Party and join ACN, and I have insisted that there is no reason I should leave the Labor Party.

I have been very fortunate; I have changed party twice. And yet I’ve not lost the people. It is because there were reasons for me to change party. When I was leaving the Alliance for Democracy, it was clear to everybody in Ondo State why I had to leave.

When I left, some people left with me. When I was leaving the PDP, it was clear to everybody that I had to leave and look for another platform. I have no reason now to leave Labour Party for ACN. That is the point of disagreement.

Today, acn is labeling MIMIKO with all sort of names in its media propaganda and discrediting most of his achievement s,the same candidate acn are calling to join them. If MIMIKO is not a performing governor as the acn want us to believe now, why are they calling him to join the acn as they have done? What a progressive party. The only offense MIMIKO had committed is his insistence on not leaving his Party without reason.

MIMIKO said:

I have always pointed out that if there are areas where we share same values, we can collaborate. I believe in state police for example. Whatever coloration of party you are in, if you believe in state police, I would be able to collaborate with you for us to be able to actualize it in the course of constitutional amendment. I believe that we must decentralize power to a very large extent in Nigeria.

I believe the smaller, the better. I believe that the resources of the federal government can be devolved to the states and local governments for better and effective utilization.

And when we talk of economic integration, the point I have always made is absolutely clear. When we talk of integration, what are you talking about? The sub-structure. The sub-structure in the integration is that we are all Yoruba people, we speak the same language. Because of common history and heritage, our worldview and value system are the same. The aspirations of an Ekiti, an Ondo and an Ogun man are the same. They are ready to give everything they have to educate their children, so they can be greater than them.

Then we have geography. Because of these common features that integrate us, we can create an economy of scale in some of our economic endeavors that would improve our fortunes. But it’s not the same thing as political integration. And this must be made clear. Even if there is going to be any political aspect of this integration, it must be a recognition of the fact that the people must be given the right to determine who leads them at any point in time.

Once we agree on all of these, then we can collaborate. But when people say, willy-nilly, they are going to capture a state, I think that belongs in the realm of the past. We should develop the democratic mindset and let the will of the people prevail.

My advice to to ACN is to desist from this deceitful method and embrace progress as MIMIKO represents,because no amount of propaganda can dethrone MIMIKO.

Aregbesola was reportedly condemning anyone outside the acn in Yorubaland as not an OMOLUABI, as he said in an event in Ondo state, crisis erupt and the event ended with LABOR PARTY and acn supporters clashing, causing injuries to each other. several clashes have been reported between the two parties since this acn war started against Labor Party,yet the acn would condemn pdp for causing violence, is this what they meant by OMOLUABI?

Ever since MIMIKO disagree with acn on the choice of joining them,there have been several clashes between the two parties,who brought the violence remain a question. I thereby call on well meaning Yoruba people to call acn to conduct themselves with manners.

Party may differ,each should go for their targets,but not at the expense of destroying the state by causing violence.

Discrediting good work and person does not fit a progressive party,which makes me wonder if acn is one.

MIMIKO is the symbol of transformation and the best performing governor as far as the southwest region is concerned, and no amount of media propaganda can change that.

Acn should learn to engage in real politics of ideas,rather than be telling lies to destroy the good work of a good person.
Re: Mimiko Is The Symbol Of Transformation by Abbati2: 2:28pm On Aug 08, 2012
dangote is proudly displaying his freemason status,you can see the symbol of one eye with A inside.

Re: Mimiko Is The Symbol Of Transformation by Nobody: 4:03pm On Aug 08, 2012
IROKO IS THE KING! ALL HAIL IROKO! I REALY APPRECIATES THIS REPORT, MAY GOD BLESS THE WRITER AND D POSTER. UR EYES WILL ALWAYS SEES GOOD THINGS OF LIFE, NOT LIKE ACN THAT ONLY SEES EVIL. FASOLA IS WORKING, MIMIKO IS PERFORMING. WHAT OF RAUF, FAYEMI, AJIMOBI AND AMOSUN?. 2013, IROKO SURE.
Re: Mimiko Is The Symbol Of Transformation by bilms(m): 5:56am On Aug 09, 2012
in support of fair governance.
Re: Mimiko Is The Symbol Of Transformation by bilms(m): 12:54pm On Aug 09, 2012
cos non is good presently in nigeria
Re: Mimiko Is The Symbol Of Transformation by olugbemi4u: 4:12pm On Aug 09, 2012
it is real and achivable.I am from Ondo state any time I visited the state I fill ashamed with the primordial approach applied by Mimiko.in fact, right from the entrance from ILESHA AKURE road nothing is happening and the state is as rich as Lagos, as backward as village in fact, the spirit of profligacy of the highest order all the money he has stolen the record is available is a matter of time it will be published as soon as possible. He was once arrested in USA for money launderings. That is why Ondo state head of service has continuously warning civil servant not to release vital document to the public. Over 400million spent to construct roundabout at Alagbaka junction.ACN is on rescue mission. All the town and villages visited by Akeredolu the reception was overwhelm
Re: Mimiko Is The Symbol Of Transformation by blacksta(m): 4:16pm On Aug 09, 2012
ok we have heard - thank you
Re: Mimiko Is The Symbol Of Transformation by bilms(m): 4:49pm On Aug 09, 2012
@olugbemi,b4 u end ur comment,i knw where u re ending. Propaganda

(1) (Reply)

Datti Ahmed: The Only Man Who Can Stop Boko Haram / Prof Barth Nnaji Resign From Gej Cabinet / Lagos Waterworks(ikoyi) And Wasting Of Water.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.