Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,812 members, 7,817,357 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:50 AM

Website Review - timmy - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Website Review - timmy (1796 Views)

www.9jatech.com - Website Review, Your Comments Will Be Appreciated / Thumbnail Image Help :timmy / Requesting a Website Review: PresentDangerOnline.com (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Website Review - timmy by timmy(m): 12:09pm On Jul 28, 2005
[s]Hello,

Can I get a detailed analysis of these sites? I designed them but I would like the house to give a strong analysis on them, rating the color blend, graphics, animation, functionality, et cetera:

- www.equityportal.com
- www.manifoldventures.com
- www.manifoldventures.com/peopletemp
- www.lumenave.com[/s]

[size=30pt]thread closed pls[/size]
Re: Website Review - timmy by kazey(m): 2:29pm On Jul 28, 2005
Man are you going to pay for the review? Nothing comes free grin, and please for future reference, do ask nicely, because this is a favor we are doing, we aren't getting paid to do this Job.

Well here it goes.

Site: http://www.equityportal.com/ :

Comment:

I must say it looks professional. But then, there are little things that would have made it standout properly.

First of all your middle content. The style and the way the content are displayed, it looks to plain, I would recommend you contain it, and properly align the middle content.

The sidebar, should have a colored border for the content. Maybe of the same colour with the head.

Then the colour, of the side menus, as in your link style , should be of the same colour with the colour of the headers, green i suppose. The <li> tags should have a colour that blends with the green used in the header preferably plain black or a darker colour of you text.

Send Quick feed back would look better if it is at the main content area, as part of the content of the site, rather than the side. Also the same thing applies with the EBN stock market area on the right, there should be maybe a rotation of the stock , not too wide. then based on the latest update someone can click and it goes to the main content of the stock updates.

The style of "Call our Head Office:" why do use a different colour entirely from the feel of the main site? Just curious, I don't think it should be there too, and if it must be, please make a header bar, and make the colour blend with the other part of the sites.

One more thing why not align the whole entire site to the center?

I guess thats all i can see for now from that site.

Site: www.manifoldventures.com
Comment:

First of all i would say you didn't slice the images properly, i guessed you used photoshop .

I think you should do the slicing, but do the HTML yourself, the valigns, divs etc yourself, don't use the automated one that image ready does for you. Because if you look at your flash, it doesn't come together with the main content, there is some slight misalignment when you look at it closely.

Besides your even business solution image, is not properly optimized, or you over expanded it, i really don't feel like checking your source, but i guess its either of the two.

Your drop down menu does not work in firefox , how come?

Your Menus with
Software Applications >>
Hardware Infastructure >>
Consultancy services >>
Other Products Services >>

Doesn't requires a table from a WYSIWYG, i think you should be playing more with simple notepads, creating your tables with no borders, and creating a top menu to describe what the links below is about. Something like a header similar to the first site. News and Events too, consider using a header, background or something different from the menu content. to differentiate it from the news.

Most of your links are dead, i guess still under construction. Well your designs are not bad.

Besides i began to think, it is not 100% original, it is a customized or tweaked template right? wink

You really need to work on your content colour and blending smiley.

site: www.manifoldventures.com/peopletemp
comment:

Good colour blending, content layout etc. But you should consider containing your content, with the main header. Everything looks scattered. They should come together as part of the site. And work on the side menu too.

The colored text part of the content, you should consider using the orange that you use of Welcome header.

Apart from that i think everything is OK.

Site: http://www.lumenave.com/

Comment:

Now this is exactly what i am talking about, why is there no consistencies in your designs? are you doing it alone or a team.
This sites fullfill everything i said before except one.

The content part. You should consider using a image table with slanted edges, that can be achieved with photoshop.

and the spacing between the content container should be at least 5px. it is too close with the table. Apart from that everything is perfect. I would say a wow. Keep up with the good work.

I hope i wasn't too criticizing. You asked for it. cheesy
Re: Website Review - timmy by angelak(f): 5:04pm On Jul 28, 2005
Information Technology is not my field .However, will contribute as a layman who is justĀ  logging onto these sites.

www.equityportal.com
Colour Blend: Beautiful
Graphics: Nice
Functionality: Easy to navigate and web pages open first.

www.manifoldventures.com
Colour Blend: Don't like it
Functionality: Easy to navigate, but theĀ  pictures used are not clear. (i don't know if that's important)

www.manifoldventures.com/peopletemp
Colour Blend: Love the colours
Graphics: Wonderful
Functionality: Most of the web pages refused to open!!!!!!!!!!

www.lumenawe.com
Colour: Nice blend
Functionality: The webpages opened fast but the webpages under Functionality schedule refused to open at all. Easy to navigate.
Re: Website Review - timmy by timmy(m): 5:53pm On Jul 28, 2005
Thanks Kazey a lot kinda like your comments really some great stuffs i could make use of , ill'd like to know what you do
Re: Website Review - timmy by timmy(m): 5:57pm On Jul 28, 2005
Hi angela,

like your choice, some of the sites are still under constuction, just 1ted a rating b4 completion. Ill work more on all point noted. THANKYOU cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Website Review - timmy by kazey(m): 1:39pm On Jul 30, 2005
tcherokee:

Most of your website that are up for review look familiar in one way or the other, that is they do not have a feeling of originality.

Your sites should have a feel of originality and style that is uniquely yours and that is usually what makes you stand out from the rest in the world of web design

Hum? Only 1 of his designs is from a template?www.manifoldventures.com. The rest have 80% probability that they are his original work.

And besides there is nothing wrong with using templates as long as you can customized it to satisfy your client needs. And that is if you clients like it too wink. Standing out as a professional web designer, probably? But there is nothing like wrong or right. As long as you are good in whatever you choose to do.
Re: Website Review - timmy by timmy(m): 3:12pm On Jul 30, 2005
yeah got and agreed to all your comments, kazey's right only the manifoldventures from a template others r original
Tanks anyway for your reviews, Hi kazey, watsup?
Re: Website Review - timmy by hotangel2(f): 11:45am On Jul 31, 2005
uhmm timmy. The links at the last part of the site www.manifoldventures.com/peopletemp is not working. I mean the links below that say:

Home | Terms | Sitemap | Contact Us

Are not suppose to be clickable (word?)
Re: Website Review - timmy by obong(m): 1:58am On Aug 01, 2005
are these nigerian companies?
Re: Website Review - timmy by timmy(m): 5:02pm On Aug 01, 2005
yes, them all be nigerian site, one a bank, three others are privatly owd bussiness
Re: Website Review - timmy by Weymola(m): 5:20pm On Aug 02, 2005
Timmy nice job......

I like you effort if your not very busy maybe you can assist me with some of my sites, I have neither the time or patience, infact I lack the skills it would seem.

Nice job
Re: Website Review - timmy by timmy(m): 8:43pm On Sep 01, 2005
hi weymola, sorry couldnt reply your post on time.. well asper helping out withyour designs.. no probs any time just buzz me
Re: Website Review - timmy by Farriel(m): 4:13pm On Sep 02, 2005
Great impressions upon first visit, all of 'em. I'd be getting back with something else though.
Re: Website Review - timmy by Farriel(m): 4:17pm On Sep 02, 2005
Well em...your sites are as professional as they come, but they've all got a familiar feel, except for this www.manifoldventures.com/peopletemp which looks so much like this http://www.mtn.co.za/?pid=8429 and I can't help but wonder.

Try getting your stuffs as original as possible. You're unarguably good at what you do, but originality is a great factor.
Re: Website Review - timmy by WesleyanA(f): 12:06am On Sep 03, 2005
they are original and i liked all four sites grin.

Good Job Timmy.
Re: Website Review - timmy by timmy(m): 9:50pm On Sep 25, 2005
@ Farriel thanks for your comments, ill take not of your comments and observations, the equityportal site is presently down sad )Hosting problems
Re: Website Review - timmy by Akolawole(m): 8:44pm On Nov 11, 2005
Whats ur contact timmy ?
I know little html codes but no time to put things together. so contact please?
Re: Website Review - timmy by timmy(m): 1:45pm On Nov 16, 2005
Akolawole:

Whats your contact timmy ?
I know little html codes but no time to put things together. so contact please?

i dont think this forum allows direct listing of ones contacts but i'm a little bit not sure abiut it but you can Yahoo IM me, get it from my profile page smiley

(1) (Reply)

Phpbb / Top 5 Free Blogging Platforms (2014) / I Need Writers For My Blogs And Client's Blogs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.