Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,962 members, 7,835,210 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:07 AM

Forbes Africa Features Linda Ikeji And Chibundu Onuzo - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Forbes Africa Features Linda Ikeji And Chibundu Onuzo (14561 Views)

Peace Hyde Is Forbes Africa's West Africa Correspondent / Aliko Dangote wins Forbes Africa's Person Of The Year 2014. / Femi Otedola On The Cover Of Forbes Africa Magazine (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Forbes Africa Features Linda Ikeji And Chibundu Onuzo by charles316: 8:03am On Aug 10, 2012
[size=18pt]i must commend the ibos for these brilliant women .the yorubas are just raring sluts. the ibos have produced several intelligent women like okonjo iweala,linda ikeji etc while most yoruba girls in london have taken to stripping in joints in d uk.thats the best they can offer[/size]
Re: Forbes Africa Features Linda Ikeji And Chibundu Onuzo by ijebabe: 8:18am On Aug 10, 2012
Now why wud you go and say something like that?
SMH!
Re: Forbes Africa Features Linda Ikeji And Chibundu Onuzo by ijebabe: 8:28am On Aug 10, 2012
The point of this thread was to share the progress that Nigerians are making in the region. To be selected out of the thousands is no small joke and these ladies need to be commended and not insulted.
Linda has turned blogging in a fulltime business and her passion is palpable. Other nigerians bloggers and even companies haven't gotten to her level but she has competitors who are slowly catching up to her.
You people should free these ladies as I never even thought about their tribe for even a second till that f o o l brought it up at the start.
We need more strong, intelligent and indepedent women that our young girls can look up to instead of the mindless ones looking for the next lay that will be their mugu.
Haters! Do something with ur life before you start pointing fingers undecided
Re: Forbes Africa Features Linda Ikeji And Chibundu Onuzo by mrperfect(m): 10:28am On Aug 10, 2012
Thank God for their contribution in internet world as a female.
Re: Forbes Africa Features Linda Ikeji And Chibundu Onuzo by anonymous6(f): 1:15pm On Aug 10, 2012
ijebabe: Forbes Africa has released its August 2012 issue which is dedicated to celebrating African women.

With the knowledge that women are the bedrock of the African society, Forbes profiled Africa’s 20 Most Prominent Women in the latest issue of the magazine.

Also in the August issue, an entire section was dedicated to the women in Africa who are breaking the mold to make a name for themselves in the business world.

The issue featured profiles on two young Nigerian women, Linda Ikeji and Chibundu Onuzo. Linda Ikeji is a popular blogger and founder of Linda Ikeji’s blog while 21 year-old Nigerian writer, Chibundu Onuzo , is the acclaimed author of ‘The Spider King’s Daughter’.

Linda Ikeji’s profile was titled ‘Beauty, Brains And The Business Of Blogging’.

Kenyan activist, lawyer and blogger – Ory Okolloh was also featured in the magazine along with Wendy Appelbaum who has a claim to being Africa’s richest woman.

Promo video for the magazine:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-uaS7rihPw

Congratulations to them
Re: Forbes Africa Features Linda Ikeji And Chibundu Onuzo by KOURTNEYK: 2:57pm On Aug 10, 2012
she was not on the LIST of powerful women here is the full list
http://www.naijagal.net/2012/08/full-list-of-forbes-20-most-powerful.html
Re: Forbes Africa Features Linda Ikeji And Chibundu Onuzo by enomakos(m): 2:57pm On Aug 10, 2012
congrats ladies
Re: Forbes Africa Features Linda Ikeji And Chibundu Onuzo by Benny95(m): 3:06pm On Aug 10, 2012
antitpiah: This Ibo girl fugly sha. Linda, not bad . . . just annoying biatch
Badbelle go siddon........
Re: Forbes Africa Features Linda Ikeji And Chibundu Onuzo by Nobody: 8:28pm On Aug 10, 2012
Linda Ikeji's hustle is paying off, and it is a legitimate hustle that IN NO WAY depends on overt or covert male (financial) support. In the Nigerian context, that is a rarity, and this is why I admire Linda deeply. Most other so-called 'successful' Nigerian females in business, music/acting/television/fashion/the arts etc, and in the corporate world would struggle to convince me that they achieved such success entirely on their own without the patronage of some man somewhere.

Anyways, when the almighty Forbes acknowledges your hustle, then you you've come a long way. I can only wish her more giant strides.
Re: Forbes Africa Features Linda Ikeji And Chibundu Onuzo by Tinyemeka(m): 9:41pm On Aug 10, 2012
Chinom:

How do you define beauty ?. Chibundu is in no way ugly. You just get badbelle for an upwardly mobile, fine Igbo babe.
Post your chimp shots let's compare.

Haha! cheesy Me ya ozo!
Re: Forbes Africa Features Linda Ikeji And Chibundu Onuzo by AustineE1: 1:01pm On Aug 11, 2012
obowunmi:

Appelbaum is the billionaire family in South Africa....you see this is my problem with Nigerians and what they value. Featuring Linda Ikeji is like featuring Otedola or monopolist Dangote. They are not the examples for Africa. Linda is a liar and very unprofessional woman. Yes, she's money but she writes lies. I lost respect for her finally when she talked about the plane crash and the sisters brother who got married. I mean who does that?

Nigerians need a fresh value system....pls get her off the list. She lacks home training and I can guarantee that she will never get married. No man who values his utmost privacy will want to get with her.
....ha ha ha!very good,clap for your self,you are now God,you can tell who will get married or not!your statement is more toxic than any false story you claimed Linda Ikeji peddled.Your statement shows you off as a saddist paranoia!am happy to inform you that i and many others wld marry her,if we had the opportunity!kudos to both ladies!

1 Like

Re: Forbes Africa Features Linda Ikeji And Chibundu Onuzo by etopedia: 6:07am On Oct 28, 2012
To All the morons saying Yoruba girls are not smart.
There are lots of successful Yoruba girls doing even more better than the LOUD IBO GIRLS ONLINE.

For your own information, NaijaGists & Askfunke is owned by a brilliant Yoruba woman.

She is not only a silent blogger, she is a SEO expert.

Come to think of it, intelligent people are more calm about their achievements.

See for yourselves all you haters out there.

I love Linda Ikeji - I have been her follower for a while.
She is more open about her achievement, that is her style

I love Bella Naija of BellaNaija.com she is an Igbo girl and more quiet about her achievement.

I love Victoria Adewoyin - She is the webmaster of NaijaGists.com, she is not loud about her achievement.

I love Seun osewa - He is not a girl but a Yoruba man and the owner of NAIRALAND.COM

SO ALL YOU HATERS OF YORUBA LADIES, SHAME ON YOU.
Re: Forbes Africa Features Linda Ikeji And Chibundu Onuzo by obowunmi(m): 7:51am On Oct 28, 2012
Austine.E:

....ha ha ha!very good,clap for your self,you are now God,you can tell who will get married or not!your statement is more toxic than any false story you claimed Linda Ikeji peddled.Your statement shows you off as a saddist paranoia!am happy to inform you that i and many others wld marry her,if we had the opportunity!kudos to both ladies!

Marry her for her kobo/pennies - lazy man. No go find work.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Celebrity Look Alikes _SA (pix) / Dammy Krane To Host Mega Concert, Proves All Is Well Between Him & Wizkid / See This Unilag Girl With Bow Legs & Big Hip,is She The Most Beautiful In Unilag

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.