Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,664 members, 7,837,460 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 03:00 AM

Bola Tinubu Releases N30billion To ACN Candidate, Akeredolu To Unseat Mimiko - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bola Tinubu Releases N30billion To ACN Candidate, Akeredolu To Unseat Mimiko (4752 Views)

West, Kalu, Ndah-Isaiah, Fashola, Abdulahi, Akeredolu may make Buhari's cabinet / History Beckons As Buhari Sets To Unseat Jonathan - Leadership Newspaper / Intrigues As ACN Picks Akeredolu As Ondo Governorship Candidate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bola Tinubu Releases N30billion To ACN Candidate, Akeredolu To Unseat Mimiko by Rhino5dm: 7:00pm On Aug 09, 2012
Because most of people saying that are paid thugs. To them it's all about party affairs. The last edo election I was totally behind osho baba and I'm with mimiko(LP.) on this one.

just the way I rooted for rochas in imo state even though he belongs to apga. we need credible people and not party. with exception of PDP which has domineering effects on her candidate, I always go for people and not party. I canvassed for ameachi rotimi in rivers state(PDP) while I campaigned for Buhari (CPC) at presidential level.

Biggyd2: Why is it always party this! Party that!! our party and their party!!!? When shall we start hearing the right candidate! the right candidate!! and the Right candidate!!! undecided

2 Likes

Re: Bola Tinubu Releases N30billion To ACN Candidate, Akeredolu To Unseat Mimiko by danjohn: 7:25pm On Aug 09, 2012
This 30 billion naira story is a very big lie. This is impossible. Nobody will spend that kind of money on a governorship race. 30 billion naira is enough to fund a Presidental campaign. My guestimate is that a well funded governorship candidate should expect to spend anywhere from 750 million naira - 1.5 billion naira depending on the state. 30 billion is an outrageous number. If these people want to lie, they should lie with common sense.

1 Like

Re: Bola Tinubu Releases N30billion To ACN Candidate, Akeredolu To Unseat Mimiko by Dainfamous: 7:46pm On Aug 09, 2012
no be only 30 billion na 30 trillions cheesy pass maga people,so that means election in Nigeria is the most expensive in the world...for common state election to cost 30 billion that means presidential election na zillions they will spent hahahahahahahaha i don laugh tire i want to drink tea clear throat tongue tongue
Re: Bola Tinubu Releases N30billion To ACN Candidate, Akeredolu To Unseat Mimiko by dayokanu(m): 8:39pm On Aug 09, 2012
30billion nitori Olorun

These reporters just call money like it means nothing

how much would then fund a presindetial campaign in 36 states
Re: Bola Tinubu Releases N30billion To ACN Candidate, Akeredolu To Unseat Mimiko by spearman(m): 12:49am On Aug 10, 2012
OPM - OTHER PEOPLE'S MONEY

WELLDONE Tinubu
Re: Bola Tinubu Releases N30billion To ACN Candidate, Akeredolu To Unseat Mimiko by Mrfemi1: 1:50am On Aug 10, 2012
Eko Ile: This mimiko man is definitely one of the most useless governors in Nigeria. You are rich like Lagos, but Lagos is moving ahead while condo is heading backward. Ondo still looks like village and all the projects in the state are mushroom village projects.

Thank God, ACN to the rescue .

nawa for you o...ure making it easier for you too be less respected..tone it down sir!
Re: Bola Tinubu Releases N30billion To ACN Candidate, Akeredolu To Unseat Mimiko by EkoIle1: 2:18am On Aug 10, 2012
Mr femi:

nawa for you o...ure making it easier for you too be less respected..tone it down sir!

Sounds like you think I care or give a damn about your respect. For your information, I don't so don't trouble your head. Get over yourself and quit overstating your importance.
Re: Bola Tinubu Releases N30billion To ACN Candidate, Akeredolu To Unseat Mimiko by Beaf: 2:28am On Aug 10, 2012
D'Vanguard:

30 billion, haba. Even a fool knows that it is impossible to spend such huge amount. Commenting on such a figure is absurd. It a mere propaganda. We are good in absolving things and we don't like to ask some questions.
If Tinubu would spend such a frivolous amount alone for Ondo politics as claimed by the reporter, I can bet it with you all those people u said decamp would never decamp. That money would by them all. Most of them would shut up for just a bribe of 100m at most and a promise of a position.
Am not interested in the election but pls release better information. Even PDP that is financially bouyant can not expend such an amount.

The thief, Tinubu is ready to die for awuf oil money. He is ready to spend eye popping amounts, ask those from Akwa Ibom (2011) where he had no hope, but spent billions out of lust for oil.

After losing the elections, Tinubu's ACN spent further billions trying to burn the entire Akwa Ibom down in their usual NURTW style.

Mimiko, please protect your great state from thieves. cool

3 Likes

Re: Bola Tinubu Releases N30billion To ACN Candidate, Akeredolu To Unseat Mimiko by musiwa3: 3:09am On Aug 10, 2012
laparty
Re: Bola Tinubu Releases N30billion To ACN Candidate, Akeredolu To Unseat Mimiko by dasparrow: 3:26am On Aug 10, 2012
manchy7531: According to what First Weekly Magazine reported, the National leader of the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN), Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu is
determined to make sure his political party wrestles power from the incumbent Labour Party in Ondo State in the next governorship elections, which is scheduled to hold on 20th October 2012.

According to First Weekly Magazine’s findings, Asiwaju Tinubu has released a whooping 30 billion naira to the CAN governorship candidate, Barrister Rotimi Akeredolu (SAN), to prosecute the political war and unseat the incumbent Gov. Segun Mimiko of the Labour Party.

Our source informed us that the former Lagos State Governor has already deployed all his political warriors to Ondo State, to make sure the state is delivered for ACN.

“Yes, it’s true Asiwaju has approved N30 billion for ACN in Ondo State. And I want to assure you that the money will be spent well to win the governorship election,” a source confided in us.

We further gathered that Tinubu sees winning Ondo State by the ACN as very
important to his dream of regional integration of the South West zone.

“It’s very important we get back the glory of the South West, and Ondo State is very key to the development of the entire South West. That is why Asiwaju is not taking this with kids’ gloves at all. I can tell you that you will see changes in the campaign strategies of the ACN in the next few days.

“It is just two months to the election, and I want to confess to you that Ondo people already know that it’s only ACN that can deliver democracy dividends for them,”an ACN stalwart in Ondo State stated.

But on the contrary, a Labour Party chieftain, who spoke with us on the condition of anonymity, said ACN does not exist in Ondo State.

“Where is the structure of ACN in Ondo? They are bringing in people from Lagos to come and fool Ondo indigenes. But we are very intelligent here. Mimiko is our man and we have decided in Ondo to give him a second term.

“Forget regional integration they are preaching. They know that apart from Lagos, Ondo is the richest in South West. Tinubu’s eyes are in our oil money, and we won’t let him get it. You see, combine Ekiti, Osun, Ogun and Oyo state’s allocation together, it is not up to what Ondo State gets from it’s 13 percent derivation of oil. So, it’s our oil money that Tinubu wants, and he won’t even smell it,” the Labour Party official said. A political observer who spoke with us also cast doubt on the chances of the action congress winning the Ondo governorship race.

“Before Akeredolu was forced on the party members of the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN), as their flagbearer, the ACN was in close second, giving the Labour Party a real threat, but with the choice of Akeredolu, the ACN has slipped to the third, behind even the
PDP, the party is so much in disarray now. Can you imagine that out of the about 41 in the race, the night Akeredolu was pronounced as the flagbearer, about twenty one of them decamped to the Labour Party, while between twelve and fifteen left for the PDP. You can see what imposition of candidates can do.

“Ask Asiwaju what Tunji Abayomi told him, when he called them to a peace meeting. He said Tinubu has destroyed ACN in Ondo, also can you imagine what Professor Boroffice is going through now? The man was enjoying himself ‘jeje’ in the Senate, when Tinubu started mounting pressure on him and started sending text messages to him and his wife
that he is the next Governor of Ondo, the senator bought the bait and jumped from the Labour ship to ACN or is it the case of Abraham, a young enterprising billionaire, who was enjoying his peace in America only to be invited home, used and dumped?

“If you add all these, and the fact that the ACN leaders wanted to pay back a favour done them by somebody to the detriment of the party’s goodwill in the state, the outcome might be disastrous,”he said.

Where do these Nigerian politicians get this kind of money from? This is why there is so much poverty in Nigeria because the money the country has is concentrated in the hands of a few people such as these politicians.
Re: Bola Tinubu Releases N30billion To ACN Candidate, Akeredolu To Unseat Mimiko by Nobody: 3:31am On Aug 10, 2012
This had better be a fcukking joke shocked

First off, assuming this article is true, where did he get the #30bn?
Re: Bola Tinubu Releases N30billion To ACN Candidate, Akeredolu To Unseat Mimiko by Nobody: 3:32am On Aug 10, 2012
30Billion? Fools are running propaganda for Mimiko.
Re: Bola Tinubu Releases N30billion To ACN Candidate, Akeredolu To Unseat Mimiko by Gbawe: 7:21am On Aug 10, 2012
It really is surprising what some Nigerians will 'swallow' without hesitation. N30 billion is almost the same as the annual federal allocation of some Nigerian States for crying out loud !!!!

Like someone commented earlier, why don't these folks try to lie sensibly? Must everything about Nigeria be senseless and asinine with Nigerians themselves then showing incredible gullibility to believe arrant nonsense? No wonder many believe the ludicrous excuses of Politicians and defend the looters passionately.

What is the monthly allocation of Ondo even with 13% derivation? No wonder Nigeria is going to the Dogs disgracefully. With a population now ostensibly very poor on functional thinking, mediocrity and rot will set in everywhere.

http://fmf.gov.ng/images/FAAC/faacrepAug2011.pdf
Re: Bola Tinubu Releases N30billion To ACN Candidate, Akeredolu To Unseat Mimiko by Demdem(m): 8:12am On Aug 10, 2012
30Billion story is obviously a joke however am ok with either Mimiko or Akeredolu. Anyone of them that appeal to the people more. As long as the seat of govt doesnt fall back to the Killer party (PDP) am cool with their decision cool cool
Re: Bola Tinubu Releases N30billion To ACN Candidate, Akeredolu To Unseat Mimiko by Pukkah: 8:14am On Aug 10, 2012
Gbawe: It really is surprising what some Nigerians will 'swallow' without hesitation. N30 billion is almost the same as the annual federal allocation of some Nigerian States for crying out loud !!!!

Like someone commented earlier, why don't these folks try to lie sensibly? Must everything about Nigeria be senseless and asinine with Nigerians themselves then showing incredible gullibility to believe arrant nonsense? No wonder many believe the ludicrous excuses of Politicians and defend the looters passionately.

What is the monthly allocation of Ondo even with 13% derivation? No wonder Nigeria is going to the Dogs disgracefully. With a population now ostensibly very poor on functional thinking, mediocrity and rot will set in everywhere.

http://fmf.gov.ng/images/FAAC/faacrepAug2011.pdf

Some shallow people just want to believe what they have trained their warped minds or 'paid' selves to believe. They disparage Sahara Reporters and other 'unflattering' news sources when they're not in their favour and hypocritically hug and broadcast the same 'questionable' sources when it suits their antics of demonizing opposition.

If not for this reason, how can a reasonable mind that is acting reasonably swallow such a N30 billion obvious lie hook, line and sinker?
Re: Bola Tinubu Releases N30billion To ACN Candidate, Akeredolu To Unseat Mimiko by Vogue50: 8:39am On Aug 10, 2012
Biggyd2: Why is it always party this! Party that!! our party and their party!!!? When shall we start hearing the right candidate! the right candidate!! and the Right candidate!!! undecided
Only when party primaries are been conducted transparently. Political parties should create an enabling atmosphere for aspirants to be voted for. it's so unfortunate and pathetic that bola tinubu has the sole prerogative to choose party candidates in his party. As long as this prevailing selective imposition continue to thrive ; the wrong candidates will always emerge !
Re: Bola Tinubu Releases N30billion To ACN Candidate, Akeredolu To Unseat Mimiko by banki(m): 9:23am On Aug 10, 2012
Rhino.5dm:
Because most of people saying that are paid thugs. To them it's all about party affairs. The last edo election I was totally behind osho baba and I'm with mimiko(LP.) on this one.

just the way I rooted for rochas in imo state even though he belongs to apga. we need credible people and not party. with exception of PDP which has domineering effects on her candidate, I always go for people and not party. I canvassed for ameachi rotimi in rivers state(PDP) while I campaigned for Buhari (CPC) at presidential level.

Bro am with you on this one,if tinubu did not throw 30billion in edo is it Ondo he would throw it, softsell magazines and to think people would believe them.....very credible people is what we need, I am with Mimiko too he has shown that he knows what he is doing and he is bettter than Agagu, Akeredolu may be a good candidate but he should wait for his time, and Ondo would be better for it if they have a vibrant opposition!

Re: Bola Tinubu Releases N30billion To ACN Candidate, Akeredolu To Unseat Mimiko by HammedSodiqq: 9:29am On Aug 10, 2012
Only the people can choose their leader, 30billion or 1trillion. Thank God GEJ's electoral reform is perfectly working. Where did Tinubu bring 30billion from in the first place? He is sowing seeds of corruption. FAILURE
Re: Bola Tinubu Releases N30billion To ACN Candidate, Akeredolu To Unseat Mimiko by floriana(m): 9:32am On Aug 10, 2012
Somebody should tell Tinubu I need a percentage of that money.
Re: Bola Tinubu Releases N30billion To ACN Candidate, Akeredolu To Unseat Mimiko by PointB: 10:26am On Aug 10, 2012
dasparrow:

Where do these Nigerian politicians get this kind of money from? This is why there is so much poverty in Nigeria because the money the country has is concentrated in the hands of a few people such as these politicians.

In the case of Tinubu, I surmise it's Lagos State looted wealth. Otherwise how can we justify that a state with IGR of over 20 billion naira monthly is the one with the highest external debt? Yet, there is nothing of worth to show in terms of government investment in the people. While a state with less revenue is trying to make education less expensive for it's citizens, Lagos state is raising the cost of education to the sky (LASU) and demolishing homes and markets to allocate the space to the cronies.

The truth is that Lagos State is a big fraud, and emperor Tinubu is the beneficiary. Until AC.N is removed from the administration of that state, the sleaze perpetuated by Tinubu with the connivance of saint Fashola will remain covered. Tinubu is robbing Lagos blind; yes he can invest 30 billion to increase his thieving empire to include an oil producing state.

1 Like

Re: Bola Tinubu Releases N30billion To ACN Candidate, Akeredolu To Unseat Mimiko by Akanbiedu(m): 10:43am On Aug 10, 2012
PointB:

In the case of Tinubu, I surmise it's Lagos State looted wealth. Otherwise how can we justify that a state with IGR of over 20 billion dollars monthly is the one with the highest external debt? Yet, there is nothing of worth to show in terms of government investment in the people. While a state with less revenue is trying to make education less expensive for it's citizens, Lagos state is raising the cost of education to the sky (LASU) and demolishing homes and markets to allocate the space to the cronies.

The truth is that Lagos State is a big fraud, and emperor Tinubu is the beneficiary. Until AC.N is removed from the administration of that state, the sleaze perpetuated by Tinubu with the connivance of saint Fashola will remain covered. Tinubu is robbing Lagos blind; yes he can invest 30 billion to increase his thieving empire to include an oil producing state.

See desperation. chei

@topic

as they say the more, the merrier. ACN is on a mission and like all missionaries, will not be distracted by petty lies and propaganda.
Re: Bola Tinubu Releases N30billion To ACN Candidate, Akeredolu To Unseat Mimiko by PointB: 10:51am On Aug 10, 2012
Akanbi_edu:

See desperation. chei

@topic

as they say the more, the merrier. ACN is on a mission and like all missionaries, will not be distracted by petty lies and propaganda.

Sensible people know, no state earn IGR in dollars, and would off course know I meant over <b>20 billion Naira.</b>

AC.N might be on a laudable mission like you claim, I am only worried about Tinubu's mission of greed and sleaze. Deny it all you want, Tinubu is a fraud!
Re: Bola Tinubu Releases N30billion To ACN Candidate, Akeredolu To Unseat Mimiko by olugbemi4u: 2:13pm On Aug 10, 2012
If u dont understand the way Akeredolu emerged ask me i will tell u.he was the best among all.almost 50% of them has one or two skleton under thier cupboard.i met more than 4 out of 32 aspirant, had it been ACN allowed primaries each will spent more than 20million to induce delegate and possible emergence of the most questionable among them that is not saleable to the party.the money may be drug money,419 and soo on, and the party does't want to allowed this.but adoption of Akeredolu was unanimously agreed by 8o% of the aspirant and signature of each and encourage adoption it was gamble everyone was optimistic of thier choice.infact borofice and agunloye was at the 1st front of the nomination idea.dont be deceived can we call this imposition?
Re: Bola Tinubu Releases N30billion To ACN Candidate, Akeredolu To Unseat Mimiko by Pukkah: 2:38pm On Aug 10, 2012
PointB:

In the case of Tinubu, I surmise it's Lagos State looted wealth. Otherwise how can we justify that a state with IGR of over 20 billion dollars monthly is the one with the highest external debt? Yet, there is nothing of worth to show in terms of government investment in the people. While a state with less revenue is trying to make education less expensive for it's citizens, Lagos state is raising the cost of education to the sky (LASU) and demolishing homes and markets to allocate the space to the cronies.

Do you honestly believe in this N30b story? I agree that politics is expensive in Nigeria but come on, N30b is obviously a lie.

Also, if the level is external debt a government has without having anything to show for it is a ground for its removal, the Jonathan-led government should be the first to be kicked out. Within a year of his administration the debt profile went up by over N1.2trillion! This is in addition to what the FG gets from the Federation Account. Where is the evidence of this money?

What do you have to say to this?

You may also want to re-confirm the monthly IGR figure of Lagos state.
Re: Bola Tinubu Releases N30billion To ACN Candidate, Akeredolu To Unseat Mimiko by Akanbiedu(m): 4:13pm On Aug 10, 2012
PointB:

Sensible people know, no state earn IGR in dollars, and would off course know I meant over <b>20 billion Naira.</b>

AC.N might be on a laudable mission like you claim, I am only worried about Tinubu's mission of greed and sleaze. Deny it all you want, Tinubu is a fraud!

Tinubu is on a mission to save people like you from foolishness. You must be saved because you know not what you do.
Re: Bola Tinubu Releases N30billion To ACN Candidate, Akeredolu To Unseat Mimiko by Beaf: 5:45pm On Aug 10, 2012
Lol! I see some people questioning N30billion for Ondo elections. Sorry, but this is chicken change for desperate thieves like Tinubu where an oil producing state is the price.

Tinubu's phantom 60th birthday cost 2billion anyway, so what 30billion, but peanuts for the purchase of an oil state and the enslavement of its people for unquantifiable personal gain?

2billion birthday cake:

www.nairaland.com/attachments/671365_tinubus_birthday_cake_jpg32a4fa8ebb8feca85d13946385b22c2f

2 Likes

Re: Bola Tinubu Releases N30billion To ACN Candidate, Akeredolu To Unseat Mimiko by ubandire(m): 7:17pm On Aug 10, 2012
That's a huge sum of money being mentioned there,but even at that for some us who know asiwaju that's not what he can't provide,after all he milks Lagos of 3bn monthly on tax consultancy through the Alpha Beta firm.The ACN being a party of desperadoes never stop at anything to win elections especially in areas within their comfort zone,needless we remember the importation of thugs through train by the chief thug himself 'Agberosola'of Osun state during the 2007 elections.

So am not totally surprised.

1 Like

Re: Bola Tinubu Releases N30billion To ACN Candidate, Akeredolu To Unseat Mimiko by PointB: 7:43pm On Aug 10, 2012
Pukkah:

Do you honestly believe in this N30b story? I agree that politics is expensive in Nigeria but come on, N30b is obviously a lie.

Also, if the level is external debt a government has without having anything to show for it is a ground for its removal, the Jonathan-led government should be the first to be kicked out. Within a year of his administration the debt profile went up by over N1.2trillion! This is in addition to what the FG gets from the Federation Account. Where is the evidence of this money?

I don't know why you think the 30 billion naira election war chest story is a lie. When clearly the like of Tinubu are as dangerous and fraudulent as they come. With his fingers pepertually in the Lagos state cookie jar through his various schemes, it is hard not to believe this story. Since believe is personal, especially in the absence of hard evidence, on can on judge by past history. And Tinubu's past is shrouded in ignomy of identity theft, drugs, certificate forgery, perjury et al. To think this character is incapable of this, is the peak of selective amnesia or hypocrisy.

As for the Lagos state IGR, I earlier clarified that the figure is in Naira. I have edited my original post to reflect this.
Re: Bola Tinubu Releases N30billion To ACN Candidate, Akeredolu To Unseat Mimiko by Myself2(m): 8:08pm On Aug 10, 2012
PointB:

I don't know why you think the 30 billion naira election war chest story is a lie. When clearly the like of Tinubu are as dangerous and fraudulent as they come. With his fingers pepertually in the Lagos state cookie jar through his various schemes, it is hard not to believe this story. Since believe is personal, especially in the absence of hard evidence, on can on judge by past history. And Tinubu's past is shrouded in ignomy of identity theft, drugs, certificate forgery, perjury et al. To think this character is incapable of this, is the peak of selective amnesia or hypocrisy.

Who will save Lagos from this grand criminal??
Re: Bola Tinubu Releases N30billion To ACN Candidate, Akeredolu To Unseat Mimiko by PointB: 8:14pm On Aug 10, 2012
Pukkah:

As for the Lagos state IGR, I earlier clarified that the figure is in Naira. I have edited my original post to reflect this. And clearly, this is not about FG or GEJ.
Re: Bola Tinubu Releases N30billion To ACN Candidate, Akeredolu To Unseat Mimiko by onatisi(m): 9:54pm On Aug 10, 2012
Detongue: Tinubu is a problem to d s/west. #30b is huge, dis man need to b investigated.
Dis amount is more dan some country's buget
you think tinubu will be so daft to spend 30billion of his personal money on politics ?no way that money must have been donated by acn governors ,lg chairmen other acn politicians holding goverment positions at various levels ,
Re: Bola Tinubu Releases N30billion To ACN Candidate, Akeredolu To Unseat Mimiko by PointB: 10:35pm On Aug 10, 2012
Akanbi_edu:

Tinubu is on a mission to save people like you from foolishness. You must be saved because you know not what you do.

Perhaps we can discuss my supposed folly after you successfully dig your tongue out of Tinubu's stinking arse!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

North Korea Kim Jong Un Execute Its Top Army General (photo) / How Halliburton Bribed Top 80 Nigerians / Pictures Of New Structures Going On In Akwa Ibon State.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.