Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,309 members, 7,864,471 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 06:48 PM

Bola Tinubu Releases N30billion To ACN Candidate, Akeredolu To Unseat Mimiko - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bola Tinubu Releases N30billion To ACN Candidate, Akeredolu To Unseat Mimiko (4765 Views)

West, Kalu, Ndah-Isaiah, Fashola, Abdulahi, Akeredolu may make Buhari's cabinet / History Beckons As Buhari Sets To Unseat Jonathan - Leadership Newspaper / Intrigues As ACN Picks Akeredolu As Ondo Governorship Candidate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bola Tinubu Releases N30billion To ACN Candidate, Akeredolu To Unseat Mimiko by EkoIle1: 11:19pm On Aug 10, 2012
You just have to feel sorry for the gullible illiterates eating up this rubbish.

Funny enough, they don't even have to spend any money in ondo to get rid of that mimiko the PDP puppet
Re: Bola Tinubu Releases N30billion To ACN Candidate, Akeredolu To Unseat Mimiko by Gbawe: 8:02am On Aug 11, 2012
Myself2:
Who will save Lagos from this grand criminal??

Let me tell you, as a true Lagosian, that Lagos does not need "saving". It needs "more of the same" evolution and anyone who genuinely loves the State and has been associated with Lagos for more than 20 years , wherever they are from, knows that the Leadership of Lagos only deserves praises for the real and far reaching transformation delivered that non of us, genuine Lagosians, ever expected. If I were to tell you the changes my Surulere area alone has seen, after stagnation was all I was used to as a boy growing up in Lagos, we will be here all day!!! Lagos is nowhere close to perfect but genuine Lagosians appreciate the effort of the current leaders of the State.

Nigeria would be wonderful if most States were in the position of Lagos i.e with "godfathers" folks like you malign, without recourse to the relational truth on the ground, while the rest of the world only see giant strides and huge progress being made.

"Grand criminals" would be the likes of Igbinedion and Anenih who stole every kobo and ensured not even a single act of development was seen anywhere. Some of you should stop speaking blindly and learn, in the context of Nigeria, to call a spade a spade. Please go and find saviours for other Nigerian State. Genuine Lagosians know that Lagos does not need saving. It only needs continuity.

1 Like

Re: Bola Tinubu Releases N30billion To ACN Candidate, Akeredolu To Unseat Mimiko by PointB: 9:57am On Aug 11, 2012
Myself2:
Who will save Lagos from this grand criminal??

This is the question every and well meaning Lagosian, nay Nigerian, should be asking. Imagine a party touting progressivism as mantra, electing to enthrone a well-known criminal as leader and face of the party all because he has tonnes of stolen wealth to throw about; and also because the government at the centre lacks political will to prosecute and shove him in cage where he belongs.

This criminal, Tinubu, continues to dip his hand in Lagos state coffers, shameless and arrogantly while the governor (fashola) lacks the balls to stop him, afterall he was 'handpicked' by same criminal Godfather.

The saddest thing is that some clowns and established resident hypocrites are shameless brandishing crumbs thrown at them from the emperors high seat as evidence of giants stride, rather than saying the truth. Across the countries, some states which are less favoured in monetary terms have surpassed in no small measure such 'achievement' of Lagos state measured in the same time frame as that of criminal Tinubu empire and his stooge Fashola.

Lagosians open your eyes and ask questions! With over 20 billion Naira in monthly IGR and over 500 million dollars in external debt, what has Lagos shown for it? Street flowers? BRT buses owned by private companies? What exactly has been done? Or is just about Tinubus lions share and politicking and some expensive birthday?

Perhaps until AC.N and Tinubu's empire is dethroned from their seat of deceit and criminality in Lagos, such questions will remain unanswered!

1 Like

Re: Bola Tinubu Releases N30billion To ACN Candidate, Akeredolu To Unseat Mimiko by Nobody: 2:26pm On Aug 12, 2012
Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Omo Tinubu!

Jagaban Borgu Omo olodo ide

Leader mi ma wo be f'owoleran

Iwo l'omo Iyaloja mi Abibat Mogaji

Oko distinguished Senator Oluremi

grin

Ifa Eko won o le won o le ba o

Awon oniyeye
Re: Bola Tinubu Releases N30billion To ACN Candidate, Akeredolu To Unseat Mimiko by Nobody: 2:32pm On Aug 12, 2012
Let the haters continue to attack Tinubu. It is the many attacks and lies that you say about him that make me love him more.

EFCC has withdrawn charges against Odili. What of Uduaghan? They are not talking about those ones. It's our Jagaban the akindindinrins want to pull down.
Re: Bola Tinubu Releases N30billion To ACN Candidate, Akeredolu To Unseat Mimiko by olugbemi4u: 8:18am On Aug 13, 2012
Whatever u say about Jaganba of Africa is sentiment and anger. The only state functioning in Nigeria today is Lagos, because of the legacy laid by Asiwaju there is no one in Nigeria that can match Tinubu’s achievement all of you that criticise him are mediocrities .Ondo state for example has potential to compete with Lagos in term of infrastructure, economy and development Mimiko has not use the so much wealth and potentials to attract any investor to the state. No single foreign direct investment and public private partnership all we can see is inducing individual and group to speak on his behalf.400 million spent on declaration day economic wise can creat job for 10,000 people not to talk of more than 600billion subvention excluding loan and internal generated revenue.
No single industries function in the state. The state that has the second largest deposit of bitumen in the world Iroko is not expose to attract investor to tap huge resource.
Ondo state has the largest employee graduate Akeredolu is on rescue mission. Mimiko is doing all this within is exposure and capacity but Akeredolu has travelled far and wide will transform the state with a short period of time.
Re: Bola Tinubu Releases N30billion To ACN Candidate, Akeredolu To Unseat Mimiko by DVanguard: 8:48am On Aug 13, 2012
PointB:

I don't know why you think the 30 billion naira election war chest story is a lie. When clearly the like of Tinubu are as dangerous and fraudulent as they come. With his fingers pepertually in the Lagos state cookie jar through his various schemes, it is hard not to believe this story. Since believe is personal, especially in the absence of hard evidence, on can on judge by past history. And Tinubu's past is shrouded in ignomy of identity theft, drugs, certificate forgery, perjury et al. To think this character is incapable of this, is the peak of selective amnesia or hypocrisy.

As for the Lagos state IGR, I earlier clarified that the figure is in Naira. I have edited my original post to reflect this. And clearly, this is not about FG or GEJ.

We find it difficult to think, we put in to much effort to sentiments and myopic reasoning. How on earth can Tinubu extend such amount alone in Ondo state. The money can never be from lagos cos the infrastructural job to be down in lagos is so much that they cannot temper with such amount of money. Ondo state is a blessed state but does it really warrant that money to be spent. Ondo state IGR is not enviable just its FG allocation, spending such amount is irrelevant. f Tinubu spends 30bn how about his sympathizers, the contestant and friends of the contestant. Pls it is false. Nevertheless it is propaganda and it is a weapon for politicians, it just left for the populace not to swim in it but reason for better government.
I advise the electorate to listen to the contestant, as-simulate their words, ask how they tend to finance their project. and anyone that answers you better vote for him. Ondo State needs more of Human capital development, basic infrastructure and amenities in the rural areas. this would enable industrialization and shift its economic activity from Civil servant (state govt) to private driven economy.
Re: Bola Tinubu Releases N30billion To ACN Candidate, Akeredolu To Unseat Mimiko by DVanguard: 9:10am On Aug 13, 2012
PointB:

This is the question every and well meaning Lagosian, nay Nigerian, should be asking. Imagine a party touting progressivism as mantra, electing to enthrone a well-known criminal as leader and face of the party all because he has tonnes of stolen wealth to throw about; and also because the government at the centre lacks political will to prosecute and shove him in cage where he belongs.

This criminal, Tinubu, continues to dip his hand in Lagos state coffers, shameless and arrogantly while the governor (fashola) lacks the balls to stop him, afterall he was 'handpicked' by same criminal Godfather.

The saddest thing is that some clowns and established resident hypocrites are shameless brandishing crumbs thrown at them from the emperors high seat as evidence of giants stride, rather than saying the truth. Across the countries, some states which are less favoured in monetary terms have surpassed in no small measure such 'achievement' of Lagos state measured in the same time frame as that of criminal Tinubu empire and his stooge Fashola.

Lagosians open your eyes and ask questions! With over 20 billion Naira in monthly IGR and over 500 million dollars in external debt, what has Lagos shown for it? Street flowers? BRT buses owned by private companies? What exactly has been done? Or is just about Tinubus lions share and politicking and some expensive birthday?

Perhaps until AC.N and Tinubu's empire is dethroned from their seat of deceit and criminality in Lagos, such questions will remain unanswered!

I don't blame you, you don't understand lots of things. you read and don't digest. am not a supporter of Tinubu or Fashola, but has a professional and good in my field of engineering. Infrastructural maintenance is one of the capital expensive project anywhere in the world. I am surprise to hear you insult people who have tried in their own capacity and have been praised by their opponent that they are performing. Lagos need lots of fund to fix all his aging and over utilised infrastructure. Ondo state is a state with the highest FG allocation in the whole of southwest. Lagos is above it cos of its IGR and Oyo state. yet the basic infrastructural facilities and project invested into Lagos are still a pipe dream at Ondo state. If you insult Lagos state cos of its IGR how about Ondo state with all his FG allocation and 13% derivation. The capital project extend by Otunba A A Akala in Oyo state is so laudable that Ondo state that is richer that Oyo state is still yet to put in such investment. Pls don't join the band wagon of just talking but reason before you talk.
Re: Bola Tinubu Releases N30billion To ACN Candidate, Akeredolu To Unseat Mimiko by mapet: 9:48am On Aug 13, 2012
Bros,

I'm not sure if your trying to paint the picture of Lagos under the present administration will serve it purpose; not when you're talking to people who, the closest they gotten near Lagos is Nairaland.

I think we underestimate the shallowness of some folks here, the ridiculous ascertions, that will even not pass for a beer parlour analysis, be given credence here. That the article's ascertion on 30Billion is daft enough is not in question, but the seeming ease with which people work so hard not to use their brains is befuddling.

Personally I'm afraid for many warped thinking and orientation on this oil money issue. My fear is the question of each state's ability to survive outside the monthly rent, save for Lagos, I doubt if any other...
Gbawe:

Let me tell you, as a true Lagosian, that Lagos does not need "saving". It needs "more of the same" evolution and anyone who genuinely loves the State and has been associated with Lagos for more than 20 years , wherever they are from, knows that the Leadership of Lagos only deserves praises for the real and far reaching transformation delivered that non of us, genuine Lagosians, ever expected. If I were to tell you the changes my Surulere area alone has seen, after stagnation was all I was used to as a boy growing up in Lagos, we will be here all day!!! Lagos is nowhere close to perfect but genuine Lagosians appreciate the effort of the current leaders of the State.

Nigeria would be wonderful if most States were in the position of Lagos i.e with "godfathers" folks like you malign, without recourse to the relational truth on the ground, while the rest of the world only see giant strides and huge progress being made.

"Grand criminals" would be the likes of Igbinedion and Anenih who stole every kobo and ensured not even a single act of development was seen anywhere. Some of you should stop speaking blindly and learn, in the context of Nigeria, to call a spade a spade. Please go and find saviours for other Nigerian State. Genuine Lagosians know that Lagos does not need saving. It only needs continuity.
Re: Bola Tinubu Releases N30billion To ACN Candidate, Akeredolu To Unseat Mimiko by juman(m): 11:32am On Aug 13, 2012
I think Gov. Mimiko is a good governor. He is performing.
Re: Bola Tinubu Releases N30billion To ACN Candidate, Akeredolu To Unseat Mimiko by PointB: 1:25pm On Aug 13, 2012
D'Vanguard:

We find it difficult to think, we put in to much effort to sentiments and myopic reasoning. How on earth can Tinubu extend such amount alone in Ondo state. The money can never be from lagos cos the infrastructural job to be down in lagos is so much that they cannot temper with such amount of money. Ondo state is a blessed state but does it really warrant that money to be spent. Ondo state IGR is not enviable just its FG allocation, spending such amount is irrelevant. f Tinubu spends 30bn how about his sympathizers, the contestant and friends of the contestant. Pls it is false. Nevertheless it is propaganda and it is a weapon for politicians, it just left for the populace not to swim in it but reason for better government.
I advise the electorate to listen to the contestant, as-simulate their words, ask how they tend to finance their project. and anyone that answers you better vote for him. Ondo State needs more of Human capital development, basic infrastructure and amenities in the rural areas. this would enable industrialization and shift its economic activity from Civil servant (state govt) to private driven economy.

I agree with you that many people find it very hard to think these days. I suppose thinking as art has been thrown to the dogs, while some humans have taken to sycophancy and butt licking, as a full time preoccupation, ignobly swapping roles with puppies. Or how can we describe a situation, where people talk about infrastructural job to be done in Lagos, without actually pointing at what has been done, with the over 20 billion Naira monthly IGR, let alone Federal Allocation, and then the 500 million dollar external debt. Guy, I smell a big fraud here, and forgive, if I can't look beyond the frog-like eyes of the certificate forger - Tinubu! Again forgive me!

The point is that, those who actually put their brain to work will realize that the monthly revenue, allocation, and indeed the external debt profile is enough to turn Lagos state to a model city, not the jungle we see everyday in almost every facet of Lagosian lives. Lagosians have been short-changed, and that's and understatement. Can someone point out any major work done in Lagos state in the past 2-3 years?

Guy, forget Ondo state for a while, take out the sentiments, analyze critically, and answer honestly: What has Fashola done for Lagosians in the past three years with tax-payers money, federal allocation, and foreign debt in excess of $500 million? Is there real value for money spent? That is my question, not what he will do!

If we can't lay hands on any tangible achievement in this period, why should we argue (with sentiments) that 30 billion naira, which is less than 2 months Lagos IGR (exclusive of federal allocation and external debts) cannot find it's way into electioneering - this single most important occupation of emperor Tinubu, the fraud?
Re: Bola Tinubu Releases N30billion To ACN Candidate, Akeredolu To Unseat Mimiko by Nobody: 5:22pm On Aug 13, 2012
PointB:

Guy, forget Ondo state for a while, take out the sentiments, analyze critically, and answer honestly: What has Fashola done for Lagosians in the past three years with tax-payers money, federal allocation, and foreign debt in excess of $500 million? Is there real value for money spent? That is my question, not what he will do!

Pointb, answer this one first grin grin grin grin grin cool cool

Pukkah:

Do you honestly believe in this N30b story? I agree that politics is expensive in Nigeria but come on, N30b is obviously a lie.

Also, if the level is external debt a government has without having anything to show for it is a ground for its removal, the Jonathan-led government should be the first to be kicked out. Within a year of his administration the debt profile went up by over [b]N1.2trillion! This is in addition to what the FG gets from the Federation Account. Where is the evidence of this money? [/b]

What do you have to say to this?

You may also want to re-confirm the monthly IGR figure of Lagos state.
Re: Bola Tinubu Releases N30billion To ACN Candidate, Akeredolu To Unseat Mimiko by PointB: 6:49pm On Aug 13, 2012
Activa:

Pointb, answer this one first grin grin grin grin grin cool cool

If you check the previous page, you will realise that Pukkah's comment has been answered. Perhaps, I should added that objectivity and Tinubu's ACN are mutually exclusive events where some these supposedly objective people are concerned.

And if your concern is about the N1.2 trillion, then I should perhaps remind you that I am only interested in the topic of this thread - Bola Tinubu Releases N30billion To ACN Candidate, Akeredolu To Unseat Mimiko
Re: Bola Tinubu Releases N30billion To ACN Candidate, Akeredolu To Unseat Mimiko by comradeoscar(m): 12:55am On Aug 14, 2012
Dis y pple like me bilivd dat ACN spokes man (Lai Mohamed) is simply loquacious. AcN is as corupt ad PDp. one acusin d other is lyk a keto calin pot black. 30Billion just to win Ondo state? oh coruption c what u have done 2 Naijia, coruption, thou sha DIE. U ad all yur agents in Naijia wil DIE soon!
Re: Bola Tinubu Releases N30billion To ACN Candidate, Akeredolu To Unseat Mimiko by HEFAIROHLUWA(m): 10:16pm On Feb 09, 2019
Gbawe:

hmm

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Yes, Port Harcourt Is Working... Yes Amaechi Is Working(pictures) / Buhari Does Not Know The Difference Between "Surname" And "Other Names" (pics) / Graphic Photos From The Accident At Sango Ota Yesterday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.