Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,042 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:29 AM

Why Has God Blessed The Unbelievers? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Has God Blessed The Unbelievers? (4168 Views)

Do You Think God Blessed The Agege Bread Seller Or She Used Law Of Attraction? / Hell-bound Christians And Heaven-bound Unbelievers / Has GOD Given Humans Freewill Or Predestinated Humans?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Has God Blessed The Unbelievers? by KiKatanga: 12:57pm On Aug 10, 2012
Why has God bestowed the wealth, health and power on people who do not follow his religion or any religion?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Importance_of_religion_by_country
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_GDP_per_capita

Why has god made Norway, Sweden, Denmark Japan and the UK so rich when they do not value His word?
Why are Nigeria, Niger and Bangladesh forsaken when they know His word to be true?
Re: Why Has God Blessed The Unbelievers? by Yornandrew: 2:33pm On Aug 10, 2012
Those who have Jesus are truly blessed, JESUS is the greatest gift to humanity
Re: Why Has God Blessed The Unbelievers? by KiKatanga: 2:39pm On Aug 10, 2012
So when the British, French, Italians, Germans and Dutch brought the Bibles and beat people until they accepted the word of our Lord, he chose to bless them for it?

God loves them for spreading his word, even if they no longer believe?
Re: Why Has God Blessed The Unbelievers? by EvilBrain1(m): 3:28pm On Aug 10, 2012
Ki-Katanga:
Why has God bestowed the wealth, health and power on people who do not follow his religion or any religion?

Why has god made Norway, Sweden, Denmark Japan and the UK so rich when they do not value His word?
Why are Nigeria, Niger and Bangladesh forsaken when they know His word to be true?

Another way of putting it is why don't religious people gain any material benefit from their faith? Why do religious people consistently have higher rates of poverty, less education and worse health indices? Why do the statistics always suggest that being religious is bad for you in almost every way?
Re: Why Has God Blessed The Unbelievers? by KiKatanga: 3:38pm On Aug 10, 2012
Evil Brain:

Another way of putting it is why don't religious people gain any material benefit from their faith? Why do religious people consistently have higher rates of poverty, less education and worse health indices? Why do the statistics always suggest that being religious is bad for you in almost every way?

You could say that. But I though I'd be coy. You've ruined it now.
Re: Why Has God Blessed The Unbelievers? by buzugee(m): 4:01pm On Aug 10, 2012
Ki-Katanga:

its a good question
Re: Why Has God Blessed The Unbelievers? by Nobody: 4:18pm On Aug 10, 2012
Re: Why Has God Blessed The Unbelievers? by tpia5: 4:25pm On Aug 10, 2012
Ki-Katanga:

did you mean to post in muslim section?
Re: Why Has God Blessed The Unbelievers? by KiKatanga: 4:44pm On Aug 10, 2012
tpia@:

did you mean to post in muslim section?

Nope Muslims and Christians, wherever they live, the more religious they are, the more wretched their lives... Whereas atheists are concentrated in the most developed, the healthiest, the best educated, the most productive countries.

But I don't understand why He has made it so!
Re: Why Has God Blessed The Unbelievers? by Delafruita(m): 5:04pm On Aug 10, 2012
Evil Brain:

because they foolishly assume every success or failure is connected to their religion.christians proclaim themselves to "live in the world but are not of the world".their pastors tell them to believe in god's economy and not the economy of the society.hence they dont attribute their failures to lack of good leaddership hence their leaders arent under pressure and instead tell the masses to "pray for them to succeed".when they keep looting,christians would say "nobody becomes king without god's approval and we cant insult or criticize god's anointed".
a woman is told she requires a CS,she immediately goes on fasting marathon and attributes her "condition" to enemies.this is regardless of the fact that a CS is a routine procedure similar to filling a hole in a tooth.but because our government hasnt equiped our hospitals appropiately,this routine operation is sometimes fatal.
a young man goes on marathon fasting and prayer to get admission to university.3years go by,he decides to try polytechnics.after another 2years,he gains admission to study library science despite having applied for accountancy.the same ignoramus will then go to church to give a testimony and thank god.doesnt the fool realise that his problem is the government and not his father's other wives?if there were enough schools,admissions wont be a problem.besides if he could afford a private university,wont he have entered university for a course of his choice?
people need to think hard and realise that religion is the major problem of impoverished countries like nigeria

4 Likes

Re: Why Has God Blessed The Unbelievers? by engrtee(f): 6:05pm On Aug 10, 2012
God didnt bles them. The devil did. Satan bleses his people just as God bleses his own
Re: Why Has God Blessed The Unbelievers? by Delafruita(m): 6:10pm On Aug 10, 2012
engrtee: God didnt bles them. The devil did. Satan bleses his people just as God bleses his own
acute psychosis.

1 Like

Re: Why Has God Blessed The Unbelievers? by Nobody: 6:22pm On Aug 10, 2012
engrtee: God didnt bles them. The devil did. Satan bleses his people just as God bleses his own
Is the engr for engineer?
Re: Why Has God Blessed The Unbelievers? by engrtee(f): 6:38pm On Aug 10, 2012
Yes. Am not yet an engr though.am stil a studnt
Re: Why Has God Blessed The Unbelievers? by UyiIredia(m): 6:48pm On Aug 10, 2012
The irreligiousity of these nations is not what contributed to their wealth and it will be asinine to think such. The success of these nations is best attributed to a homogeneous culture, optimum population density and very stable & trusted governments.
Re: Why Has God Blessed The Unbelievers? by Ubenedictus(m): 7:24pm On Aug 10, 2012
Ki-Katanga:

wisd 11:25-7
Re: Why Has God Blessed The Unbelievers? by Delafruita(m): 8:10pm On Aug 10, 2012
engrtee: Yes. Am not yet an engr though.am stil a studnt
no wonder.perhaps your fellowshiips still delude you.
Re: Why Has God Blessed The Unbelievers? by gidjah(m): 10:06pm On Aug 10, 2012
America is known to hv a serious religious background via her foundin father,love for one another n patriotism is also q key factor dar cmtribute thier ways of life, check out d impoverished nations, evil intentions n lack of true love for one another is always thier lots,d love for darkness to light is always an impediment to thier success n excellence. Wallahi, i can put a bet of my life on this!when its time to stand up for ur destiny, higher forces wil rise against u,d most rerrible of ds factors dat stand as a clog in d whell of our progress is RELIGION, it has caused us more harm than good.
Re: Why Has God Blessed The Unbelievers? by Areaboy2(m): 10:30pm On Aug 10, 2012
musKeeto:
Is the engr for engineer?

I hope not!!

what an embarrassment if he is undecided
Re: Why Has God Blessed The Unbelievers? by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:04pm On Aug 10, 2012
because the self-proclaimed "believers" have already sinned too much. .
Re: Why Has God Blessed The Unbelievers? by KiKatanga: 11:31pm On Aug 10, 2012
gidjah: America is known to hv a serious religious background via her foundin father,love for one another n patriotism is also q key factor dar cmtribute thier ways of life, check out d impoverished nations, evil intentions n lack of true love for one another is always thier lots,d love for darkness to light is always an impediment to thier success n excellence. Wallahi, i can put a bet of my life on this!when its time to stand up for ur destiny, higher forces wil rise against u,d most rerrible of ds factors dat stand as a clog in d whell of our progress is RELIGION, it has caused us more harm than good.

Most founding fathers where agnostic/non-believers -- hence the separation of church and state.
Re: Why Has God Blessed The Unbelievers? by tpia5: 12:05am On Aug 11, 2012
Ki-Katanga:

Nope Muslims and Christians, wherever they live, the more religious they are, the more wretched their lives... Whereas atheists are concentrated in the most developed, the healthiest, the best educated, the most productive countries.

But I don't understand why He has made it so!

if i answer now they'll say i'm fighting you.

but seriously, are you semi literate?
Re: Why Has God Blessed The Unbelievers? by KiKatanga: 12:21am On Aug 11, 2012
tpia@:

if i answer now they'll say i'm fighting you.

but seriously, are you semi literate?

Highest quality of life is simply always in countries where religion is least important.

And the countries who care most about religion have the lowest quality of life.

1 Like

Re: Why Has God Blessed The Unbelievers? by tpia5: 12:26am On Aug 11, 2012
^let me assume you're paid to post.
Re: Why Has God Blessed The Unbelievers? by KiKatanga: 2:13am On Aug 11, 2012
If only.
Re: Why Has God Blessed The Unbelievers? by wiegraf: 4:18am On Aug 11, 2012
There should be many reasons like~~

God is testing their faith

And also because a few people with a lot of power understand that in order to keep on having such power they have to make sure the masses believe god is testing their faith, and as this world is so sh.itty they will be rewarded in the 'next'. In this world though said powerful people will reap all the rewards, they don't like to gamble in things they can't verify, while the average person will not really try to better his situation or that of humanity in general because we can all wait till the next life to get our rewards.

Watch the pendulum in my hand, you are now sleeepyyy, that's right, sleeeppyyy. Now, you will always be good sheep, let me hear you bleat... that's right, good sheep.. have some grass, delicious? bleat if you approve... mmeeehh.... pay your tithes.... wash my feet... feed my dog.... don't complain while I rape you (not literally, of course) etc mmmmeeehhh
Re: Why Has God Blessed The Unbelievers? by fistonme(m): 2:32pm On Aug 11, 2012
are u trying to say Gods blessings does not make rich. Your likes are the type that would always see the rich and successful as members of your so called illuminati or freemason cum cultist. Lets come to reality. Many religious men today are poor because they allow their spiritual leaders think for them(they even tell them not to think,that thinking is doubting as if it is a sin to think and ask yourself questions hat would lead to your desired success). Take the case of the muslim almajiries for example. Lets know that nature answers to will. The only prayer nature answers is labour. So as religiuos as we may be lets note that there is a place for faith and a place for labour. Even our bible says faith without work is dead.
Re: Why Has God Blessed The Unbelievers? by CHIMSKY(m): 8:11am On Aug 12, 2012
My brothers and sisters.There is a universal law of cause and effect.An old latin maxim goes 'work is prayer'.If you really want to succeed,pray as hard as you work,and work as hard as you pray and do not substitute one for the other.And this goes for all Moslem,Christian,Animist etc
Re: Why Has God Blessed The Unbelievers? by 2good(m): 8:59am On Aug 12, 2012
CHIMSKY: My brothers and sisters.There is a universal law of cause and effect.An old latin maxim goes 'work is prayer'.If you really want to succeed,pray as hard as you work,and work as hard as you pray and do not substitute one for the other.And this goes for all Moslem,Christian,Animist etc

You don't need prayer to be successful. Praying is a waste of time. All you need is hard work with some luck.
Re: Why Has God Blessed The Unbelievers? by manmustwac(m): 6:27pm On Aug 12, 2012
All the praying and fasting bedore and durring the olympics didn't help nigeria to win a single medal whereas atheist Britain who spend more time & money on preparation instead of superstitious prayers won 29 gold medals.
Re: Why Has God Blessed The Unbelievers? by buzugee(m): 7:15pm On Aug 12, 2012
manmustwac: All the praying and fasting bedore and durring the olympics didn't help nigeria to win a single medal whereas atheist Britain who spend more time & money on preparation instead of superstitious prayers won 29 gold medals.
you are of the impression that God has a vested interest in the carnal pleasures of man such as acquiring some roundly cut metals that hang on a ribbon. you err. you err
Re: Why Has God Blessed The Unbelievers? by manmustwac(m): 7:28pm On Aug 12, 2012
buzugee: you are off the impression that God has a vested interest in the carnal pleasures of man such as acquiring some roundly cut metals that hang on a ribbon. you err. you err
What has that got to do with the point. Is it not the same Nigerians who pray for safe journeys. good leadership, for constant power for their sick relatives etc. Do us people living in atheist Great Britain have to pray for any of the above i just mentioned?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Prophet TB Joshua’s Disciple, Wiseman Harry, One Other Arrested (Pics) / Vijayadashami Dasara Images, Videos Of Ravan Dahan Ramleela Maidan / My Opinion And Big Question For Atheists

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.