Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,141 members, 7,829,077 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:46 PM

My Boss is Toasting Me. Should I tell My Husband? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Boss is Toasting Me. Should I tell My Husband? (3587 Views)

My Brother's Fiancee Is An Ex-prostitute Have Slept With. Should I Tell / Relationship: She Assured She Wouldn’t Tell My Wife We Had Sex...... / Help! I Don't Know How To Tell My Wife That I Have Impregnated A Girl (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Boss is Toasting Me. Should I tell My Husband? by littlesaint(f): 2:59pm On Jul 28, 2005
Disclosing to your Partner that your Boss is 'toasting' you.

Is it wrong or right to inform your husband or partner that your boss (or his best friend) is asking you out?

Not withstanding the fact that he is also married. Or would you rather keep lipsrsealed sealed lips about it and handle it your own way?
Re: My Boss is Toasting Me. Should I tell My Husband? by CimonJorr(m): 11:25pm On Jul 28, 2005
Hmmm.....

This one strong oh... You mean to say that in this day and age of corporate responsibility, such things still happen...

Well.. from what I gather, both the boss and the victim are both married, so why the hell would a married man want to toast a married woman

But to answer the question,

PLEASE never hide anything from your partner... NEVER ! ! !  tongue

The repercusions and rammifications of such actions may be too severe...

Abi people... don't u agree
Re: My Boss is Toasting Me. Should I tell My Husband? by CimonJorr(m): 11:27pm On Jul 28, 2005
ps..

Or would you rather keep  lipsrsealed sealed lips about it and handle it your own way?

What exactly do you mean by "sealed lips" and "handling it your own way"
Re: My Boss is Toasting Me. Should I tell My Husband? by littlesaint(f): 10:34am On Jul 29, 2005
Hi Cimonjorr, what i meant by sealed lips is not discusiing such with ur partner, and handling the boss in ur own way,.... dealingwith the situation your self.
Re: My Boss is Toasting Me. Should I tell My Husband? by uche777(f): 2:21pm On Aug 02, 2005
liitlesaint abeg dont ever think of hidin anything frm ya partner cos when the goin is too severe to handle u might end up turnin to ya partner for help.
tips:

try as much as u can to avoid the man in ques,i mean close contact cos anything fit happen u know.

try handlin it ya own way,being very polite n dicey might help

inform your partner, God save if he is the understandin type,i think this is of most paramount interset to the this issue.
Re: My Boss is Toasting Me. Should I tell My Husband? by littlesaint(f): 2:29pm On Aug 02, 2005
Uche, Avoidance is inevitable as i am his personal Assistant and informing my husband fit lead to my untimely resignation of appointment u no think so?
Re: My Boss is Toasting Me. Should I tell My Husband? by pkrix(m): 3:32pm On Aug 02, 2005
Tell ya husb b4 he finds out himself or someone told him.

He'll assume u ve been enjoying the whole thing after all regardless of what u tell'im.

Tell'im n let'im n urge him to handle that with wisdom.
Re: My Boss is Toasting Me. Should I tell My Husband? by Seun(m): 4:50pm On Aug 02, 2005
Tell your husband, and start searching for another job.  I've given the advice 3 times now.  This is a situation in which you're at risk of losing both your job and the trust your husband, but I'll advice you to place more value on the trust of your husband and tell him today.  Please do this the whole situation gets more complicated, thanks.
Re: My Boss is Toasting Me. Should I tell My Husband? by kodewrita(m): 5:00pm On Aug 02, 2005
the first question is whether you love your husband? Second, is your job more important than your husband? Third, If your husband were in this predicament (assuming!) what would you expect him to do? Ponder this and then act on them.

2 Likes

Re: My Boss is Toasting Me. Should I tell My Husband? by Weymola(m): 5:04pm On Aug 02, 2005
littlesaint,

There is a concensus that you tell you husband.

And I agree.

Being toasted I guess can be considred flattering especially if you like the toaster - in your case however you are a married woman so that type of flattery has to its place. I suggest as others that you let your husband know asap. You will need his support should your toaster become vindictive if you take our advise and give him that "9inch nail / red light".

I'm a married man and would like my wife to inform me of such developments at her place of work, maybe then I wont take her granted as I do these days  wink
Re: My Boss is Toasting Me. Should I tell My Husband? by lalaingbea(m): 5:14pm On Aug 02, 2005
lol cheesy u better tell him now b4 it is 2 late coz u can't carry it alone. so don't keep u lipsrsealed ok
Re: My Boss is Toasting Me. Should I tell My Husband? by TaliTali(m): 11:00am On Aug 03, 2005
I thought you told him already before even bringing the topic to this forum. let's forget talking about keeping lipsrsealed
Re: My Boss is Toasting Me. Should I tell My Husband? by Kenya(f): 12:22am On Aug 04, 2005
Hey everyone cheesy

This is a sticky thing but it happens all of the time.

The first thing is for the woman to clearly examine herself, finding out if she is giving off any mixed signals and indications that it's ok for this behavior. It could have been the smiling and giggling when he speaks to me or the way I bat my eyes at him or anything and these things have to be considered. If she is clear then I would clearly state in behavior and words that I am not interested in him.

If the man continues to come on to her then I would make my Husband aware of it and it's great protection. You never know what may happen and just in-case you want to your family aware. It would be harder if he found out on his own.

I would say that if the woman wants to keep her job then I would start keeping track of every offensive incident by writing down date's, times and explaining what happened. The end result is to file a sexual harassment complaint, this guy is a creep and may have done this to many others.

The easier way is to find a new job.

If this guy is your Husbands friend I would firstly be insulted. I would defiantly make my husband aware of if because his friend is clearly not being a good friend to my husband and there for can not be of any good to our family.  Because they are friends it would make it hard and may cause problems, but family come first for me, weather my husband believes me or not I have to protect my families best intrest first.
This could be especially hard for the husband to find out on his own and would damage the trust.
Re: My Boss is Toasting Me. Should I tell My Husband? by uche777(f): 12:23pm On Aug 13, 2005
Little saint,this is simply misplacement of priorities.are u considerin your job to the love u have for your husband,your family and your kids.haba why u dey talk like this

Fine tell your husband,if he sacks u, find another job though is ain't easy but at times we have to take the risk and life goes on

save your marriage by tellin your husband cos if he finds out u don finsh be dat
Re: My Boss is Toasting Me. Should I tell My Husband? by kamakula: 4:37am On Sep 01, 2005
You were actually asking advice about hiding something from your husband? What exactly were expecting to hear?
Re: My Boss is Toasting Me. Should I tell My Husband? by blesszed(m): 11:15am On Sep 01, 2005
My sister, I don't think you need anybody to advise you in the first place. YOur boss is making pass on you and you are asking if you are to tell your husband. For the sake of your marriage and you children please let him know.

If you are the type that your husband trust you, I don't think there will be any problem. For the mere fact you are woman, men will surely come to you even though they know you are married.

In the nut shell let him be aware of it.
Re: My Boss is Toasting Me. Should I tell My Husband? by EzehM(m): 5:11pm On Sep 09, 2005
Do what your head tells you is right, no necessarily your heart...
Re: My Boss is Toasting Me. Should I tell My Husband? by legs(f): 3:23pm On Sep 30, 2005
My dear start tying your head with a massive head scarf stop wearing all your gold, banish minis and amkeup and begin looking reflective if he continues pursuing you, call your pastor to help you with an exorcism
Re: My Boss is Toasting Me. Should I tell My Husband? by Nobody: 2:49pm On Oct 04, 2005
it's better you just say it girl! or it can happen that he comes 2 find it out from someone else. did you watch that movie heavy rain with ramsey and emeka? well just think about what happened later to ramsey's wife. she was thrown out cause she didn't tell her husband to be that his cousin had tried to sleep with her. emeka did it first and chioma was then the only one to pay.  wink take my advice...this will make him trust you more and you can bet on it!
Re: My Boss is Toasting Me. Should I tell My Husband? by niceguy(m): 4:01pm On Oct 13, 2005
Please better tell ur husband evrything, b4 he find out because if he find out na u sabi............... if na me when I find out b4 u telling me first, na red card straight. no be say i dey exaggerate, na truth i dey yarn straight.
Re: My Boss is Toasting Me. Should I tell My Husband? by fabian(f): 5:07pm On Oct 13, 2005
You need to tell your hubby mate! No time to waste!
Re: My Boss is Toasting Me. Should I tell My Husband? by silverbird(f): 1:52am On Oct 27, 2005
Well, if i'm the one, i will tell my husband because we don't know what might cause problem in future. I will let him know since he is my better half. He must know everything about me. So when he hears something different outside, he will be able to knock it aside.
Re: My Boss is Toasting Me. Should I tell My Husband? by Oracle(m): 2:02am On Nov 04, 2005
@silverbird men thatz right
i totally agree coz it might cause
a big WAHALA tomorrow
Re: My Boss is Toasting Me. Should I tell My Husband? by whocares: 1:13pm On Nov 11, 2005
You are obviously a babe and i am sure he is not the first guy to toast you since you got married.

Normally, i wouldn't bother as it is not an issue, but him being your boss, makes it a little more serious.
It could escalate and begin to affect your work, so tell your man.

I agree, you shouldn't keep anything from your husband, but the truth is a lot of men 'especially Nigeria husbands' are fundamentally insecure.
Telling him everybody that chases your may create more problems that not...again that depends on the kind of husband you have.
Re: My Boss is Toasting Me. Should I tell My Husband? by alheri(f): 1:50pm On Nov 11, 2005
let your husband know, SHIKENAN!!
Re: My Boss is Toasting Me. Should I tell My Husband? by cheekee(f): 9:18am On Nov 12, 2005
dear,i relly suggest that you tell your husby,you were actually supposed to tell him before you told us because you and him are 1 (i suppose).telling your husband will do you alot better than just lipsrsealed because if he finds out,the consequences will be to huge for you to bear,so go ahead and tell him even if it will cost loosing your job.bessides if you loose your job you can replace it with another but what if you loose your husband?will you be able to replace his space in your heart? undecided
Re: My Boss is Toasting Me. Should I tell My Husband? by prettyH(f): 5:22am On Nov 16, 2005
better tell him quick quick or else if he finds out.. omo.. na double wahala
Re: My Boss is Toasting Me. Should I tell My Husband? by mywritten(m): 10:03am On Nov 19, 2005
U need to called your husband and explain the issue to him, let him understand what is going on in between you and ur boss ok.
Re: My Boss is Toasting Me. Should I tell My Husband? by Alexia(f): 4:02pm On Nov 19, 2005
U better tell him a.s.a.p!
Re: My Boss is Toasting Me. Should I tell My Husband? by snowsdream(f): 4:45pm On Nov 19, 2005
dont even think of thinking of hiding it from your husband cos one way or the other he wlll know and the job you are trying to keep, you may end up losin both your husband and the so-called job you are trying to save.
Re: My Boss is Toasting Me. Should I tell My Husband? by timmy(m): 4:52pm On Nov 19, 2005
do you know if he even knows about it, may be your boss planned it with him grin
Re: My Boss is Toasting Me. Should I tell My Husband? by Nobody: 9:13pm On Nov 20, 2005
timmy:

do you know if he even knows about it, may be your boss planned it with him grin

i doubt it but who knows...... grin lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nairaland brought us together! now we are Happily married! (PICTURES) / .. / My Dilemma As A New Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.