Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,813 members, 7,820,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:10 AM

Between Bribe And Gift - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Between Bribe And Gift (1263 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Between Bribe And Gift by bntY: 5:18pm On Aug 10, 2012
Gift is something giving willingly from one person to another.the act of gift sharing(both giving and taking) is one highly encouraged by our religion.The prophet emphasised it's importance when he said giving even half of a date shld not be overlooked.
Bribery is when a gift is offered to persuade a person to do something.Bribery on the contrary is an offence in which the giver and the recipient is liable in islam.
The purpose of this thread is to remind us to evaluate each time we are about to recieve gift to know which category it falls.I agree that living in a nija setting like ours, it is inevitable not to be involved in it at one time or the other.we all know about the "necessity" clause in islam so we may be covered in some situations.however the onus is on you to define wat necessity is sincerely.
I personally have problem categorizing dis gifts at times.there should be a yard stick to know this i think.so i expect imput from scholars in the house on this.
People wt life experiences of how they scaled through some bribery saga can share wt us.you may also tell us some practical ways of evading the common bribery situations(e.g uniformed officers in nija,police FRSC,immigration etc) in our environment if you know.
............May Allah save us from his 'nnar".
Re: Between Bribe And Gift by salinson: 9:15pm On Aug 13, 2012
Like you have said, the environment we found our self make it difficult for us to deviate from this bad act, a situation whereby a FRSC arrest for not using a seat belt and u beg not to be arrested to the office then u offer a token, if they look down on ur offer they become bad people while if D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ collect they are corrupt ,but mind us both giver and the collector of bribe party to this bad act. May almighty Allah save us from His torment& make ease for us.

(1) (Reply)

Fatima Was Angered / The God Of Jews And Christians Gave His Reason For Sending Revelation To Arabs / Common Mistakes In Solat That Must Be Avoided

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.