Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,926 members, 7,824,880 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 08:05 PM

How Can Six Thousand Devils Called Legion Possessed A Man? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Can Six Thousand Devils Called Legion Possessed A Man? (2001 Views)

Legion Of Mary Chat Room / Can Demons Send SMS? ( For Those Who Have Experience In Casting Out Devils) / Can A Spirit Filled Christians Still Be Possessed By Demon(s)? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can Six Thousand Devils Called Legion Possessed A Man? by God2man(m): 11:05pm On Aug 10, 2012
Let us read these Bible verses together to understand my curiosity, Luke 8:26-35:

"And they arrived at the country of the Gadarenes, which is over against Galilee.

And when he went forth to land, there met him out of the city a certain man, which had devils long time, and ware no clothes, neither abode in any house, but in the tombs.

When he saw Jesus, he cried out, and fell down before him, and with a loud voice said, What have i to do with thee, Jesus, thou Son of God most high? I beseech thee, tormen me not.

( For he had commanded the unclean spirit to come out of the man. For oftentimes it had caught him: and he was kept bound with chains and in fetters: and he brake the bands, and was driven of the devil into the wilderness)

And Jesus asked him, saying, What is thy name? And he said, Legion: because many devils were entered into him.

And they besought him that he would not command them to go out into the deep.

And there was there an herd of many swine feeding on the mountain: and they besought him that he would suffer them to enter into them. And he suffered them.

Then went the devils out of the man, and entered into the swine: and the herd ran violently down a steep place into the lake, and were choked.

When they that fed them saw what was done, they fled, and went and told it in the city and in the country.

Then they went out to see what was done; and came to Jesus, and found the man, out of whom the devils were dparted, sitting at the feet of Jesus, clothed, and his right mind: and they were afraid"

Now, i am still wondering about these story. A single man possessed with six thousand devils. How? Where are those devils residing? The body,soul or the spirit. Where? That word Legion in a miltary usage represents six thousand men in Roman Army. Six thousand demons or devils in a man. Amazing!

Nairalanders, can you help me?

God bless you.
God2man.
Re: How Can Six Thousand Devils Called Legion Possessed A Man? by wissezy: 11:49pm On Aug 10, 2012
They resides in the soul of the victim. sometimes, they may be more than u mentioned above.
Re: How Can Six Thousand Devils Called Legion Possessed A Man? by God2man(m): 8:27am On Aug 11, 2012
@wissezy, if they reside in the soul then what about the body?

Have you seen anybody with more than six thousand demons?

Thanks.

God bless you.
God2man.
Re: How Can Six Thousand Devils Called Legion Possessed A Man? by Joagbaje(m): 5:49pm On Aug 11, 2012
Demons Can indwell the sprit , soul and body of a man. They can even be in million. They are spiritual Beings so they don't occupy space like humans .
Re: How Can Six Thousand Devils Called Legion Possessed A Man? by staggerman(m): 6:18pm On Aug 11, 2012
Spirit beings are not restricted by time or space. They are clearly different from physical beings. Yes, millions of angels can be in a single room. Even the Mighty Spirit of our Great God and Father dwells in us. He doesn't have to reduce Himself before He can take residence in any man. He remains just the same in each of us as He was in Jesus. And surely the Holy Spirit in us is much greater (in size and power) than all demons in existence. Be blessed.
Re: How Can Six Thousand Devils Called Legion Possessed A Man? by danwo: 6:27pm On Aug 11, 2012
Joagbaje:

Demons Can indwell the sprit , soul and body of a man. They can even be in million if . They are spiritual Beings so they don't occupy space like humans .

shocked grin smh
Re: How Can Six Thousand Devils Called Legion Possessed A Man? by Joagbaje(m): 9:01pm On Aug 11, 2012
staggerman: Spirit beings are not restricted by time or space. They are clearly different from physical beings. Yes, millions of angels can be in a single room. Even the Mighty Spirit of our Great God and Father dwells in us. He doesn't have to reduce Himself before He can take residence in any man. He remains just the same in each of us as He was in Jesus. And surely the Holy Spirit in us is much greater (in size and power) than all demons in existence. Be blessed.

excellent
Re: How Can Six Thousand Devils Called Legion Possessed A Man? by danwo: 1:11am On Aug 18, 2012
God2man: Let us read these Bible verses together to understand my curiosity, Luke 8:26-35:

"And they arrived at the country of the Gadarenes, which is over against Galilee.

And when he went forth to land, there met him out of the city a certain man, which had devils long time, and ware no clothes, neither abode in any house, but in the tombs.

When he saw Jesus, he cried out, and fell down before him, and with a loud voice said, What have i to do with thee, Jesus, thou Son of God most high? I beseech thee, tormen me not.

( For he had commanded the unclean spirit to come out of the man. For oftentimes it had caught him: and he was kept bound with chains and in fetters: and he brake the bands, and was driven of the devil into the wilderness)

And Jesus asked him, saying, What is thy name? And he said, Legion: because many devils were entered into him.

And they besought him that he would not command them to go out into the deep.

And there was there an herd of many swine feeding on the mountain: and they besought him that he would suffer them to enter into them. And he suffered them.

Then went the devils out of the man, and entered into the swine: and the herd ran violently down a steep place into the lake, and were choked.

When they that fed them saw what was done, they fled, and went and told it in the city and in the country.

Then they went out to see what was done; and came to Jesus, and found the man, out of whom the devils were dparted, sitting at the feet of Jesus, clothed, and his right mind: and they were afraid"

Now, i am still wondering about these story. A single man possessed with six thousand devils. How?

Where are those devils residing? The body,soul or the spirit. Where? That word Legion in a miltary usage represents six thousand men in Roman Army.

Six thousand demons or devils in a man. Amazing!

Nairalanders, can you help me?

God bless you.
God2man.

@God2man

How? grin

Score: 1 - 0

One man had 6,000 devils; scored One

A large group of 2,000 pigs kept together as livestock had 6,000 devils to share among them; scored Zero

God's pièce de résistance - Man, fearfully and wonderfully made. Virtually indestructible.

God2man, God constituted that a body (e.g. man) is needed to operate on earth legally.

"And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creeps upon the earth" - Gen 1:26

When God wanted to operate on earth, He followed the rule and found Himself a body in the person of Jesus

For the Holy Spirit, when it comes to operating on earth, it is the body of Christ, the church, that is taken advantage of

In a secular seting, similarly, team spirit too, whether in a company, a sports team, a football team etc, needs the physical presence or body of the footballers/players/staff to function

Spirits are intangible, for this reason, needs bodies for their presence to be felt or perceived.

Look at this illustration for a moment

To drive, man needs a car - note that chassis and coach-work makes a car

To operate, spirit needs a body - note that flesh, spirit and soul (i.e. breath of God) makes a body

Just as a man enters a car to drive

So a spirit enters a body to operate or function

Apart from those pigs, I am aware of the snake as the only other animal that a spirit/devil entered to operate.

Needs to be recognised that spirits can be clean or unclean spirits

These particular unclean spirits opted for an unclean body to be released into.

Unfortunately the unclean body; the pigs couldnt handle the presence of the unclean spirits; the legion, whereas this man, singularly, was able to tolerate & withstand them.

The pigs became deranged and suicidal

God's pièce de résistance - Man, fearfully and wonderfully made. Virtually indestructible.

How did he survive this? Builder pierced through head by 6ft pole miraculously cheats death

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2190052/How-did-survive-Builder-pierced-head-6ft-pole-miraculously-cheats-death.html

(1) (Reply)

Is God Satan? / Is This Guy 4 Real / Dealing With Marine Powers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.