Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,266 members, 7,864,383 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 05:11 PM

Why Do Many Presidents dislike Their Vps? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Do Many Presidents dislike Their Vps? (854 Views)

Saraki tells 3 Ex-Presidents, Influential Nigerians To Come To His Rescue-Nation / When Two Nigerian Presidents Arrived New York... / Portraits Of Nigeria's Presidents From Independence (1960-2013) Till Date. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Many Presidents dislike Their Vps? by panafrican(m): 3:27pm On Dec 20, 2007
From Obasanjo  to Mbeki and many others ! why use a  vice president  to get into office and then
in return dump him? 
Re: Why Do Many Presidents dislike Their Vps? by BigB11(m): 3:55pm On Dec 20, 2007
Because most VPs are smarter than their boss. Most of the time, it is very difficult to continue to follow a big empty can around pretending that you're a Dumbo.
A smart president will give respect to his VP at all time. Get him involved, honor his ideas and embrace working together as one. Trust me, at the end of the day the president will get all the kudos.

Who wants to follow a vindictive man (OBJ) that absolutely do not listen to anybody?
A true leader must learn how to listen attentively and how to indirectly share power with his VP. It works this way all the time.

Go and ask Bush and IBB how this is done.
Re: Why Do Many Presidents dislike Their Vps? by Mamajama(m): 4:03pm On Dec 20, 2007
Nice. So BIGB1 you will agree with your QUOTE "Augustus Aikhomu" is smarter than your toothless father IBB.

Was that why he dropped him like a bomb and replaced him with "Mike Akhigbe"

God I love politics
Re: Why Do Many Presidents dislike Their Vps? by BigB11(m): 4:06pm On Dec 20, 2007
There is no bad blood between the 2. You need to go and double check, Augustus Aikhomu still remains one of the good friends of IBB.
Could you say the same when it comes to OBJ and Atiku. Atiku may be a bad fruit, but don't ever forget that he brought OBJ back from the farm.
Re: Why Do Many Presidents dislike Their Vps? by Mamajama(m): 4:10pm On Dec 20, 2007
I didn't asked you that. Dude I was just rephrasing your statement. Do you recalled "Mike Akhigbe" was one of the people that called IBB a bad leader and a dictator prior to the last election?

Was he not a deputy under IBB?
Re: Why Do Many Presidents dislike Their Vps? by BigB11(m): 4:18pm On Dec 20, 2007
Look, people have rights to love or hate you; there is no way to control that.
My focus is on when IBB was in power, I can careless about what anyone says after his retirement.

Dude, go and ask your hero ( the jellyfish of Nigeria), IBB made mistakes just like you and I, but it becomes natural for him when it comes to leadership.

You've stated many times that you look up to your hero (The Nigerian business policeman of the year), but have you asked him who he looks up to?
Re: Why Do Many Presidents dislike Their Vps? by Mamajama(m): 4:29pm On Dec 20, 2007
He looks up to God and not to another man. Absolutely no one is Infallible or immune to making mistakes.

A good courageous leader or a man with balls has to admit or take responsibilities for his mistakes. Please tell me where on earth have you ever seen the toothless general taken responsibilities for his screw ups?

I keep on looking and reading journals everyday and I am yet to see a post or writtings that speaks well of your dad "IBB'

SO please tell me is the whole world wrong about this man that you know? enlighten me and my friends on the IBB that we don't know as a man, a leader and a father

BARIKA DE SALAH ALHAJI BIGB1
Re: Why Do Many Presidents dislike Their Vps? by BigB11(m): 4:41pm On Dec 20, 2007
A good courageous leader or a man with balls has to admit or take responsibilities for his mistakes

The question is when is EHINDERO will be ready to confess and spend few years in the dangari?

keep on looking and reading journals everyday and I am yet to see a post or writtings that speaks well of "IBB'

SO please tell me is the whole world wrong about this man that you know?  enlighten me and my friends on the IBB that we don't know as a man,

The problem here is, people select what story they want to read.
My man, you just go down to Minna and witness it for yourself how folks from everywhere in Nigeria continue to show this man pure love. There must be something special about him. The last time he was in Lagos, I thought princess Diana and Michael Jackson were in town visiting.
Even your hero Ehindero couldn't even stand still when he met IBB, he was dancing and shaking everywhere like a bitter leaf.
My point: IBB may have made few mistakes just like you and I, but the man is not as bad as he has been painted by folks like you.

My man, do you guys (You and Ehindero) talk at-all?
Re: Why Do Many Presidents dislike Their Vps? by Mamajama(m): 4:57pm On Dec 20, 2007
Stop acting like OKADA boys. All i asked and I am still asking is for you to tell me something to change my conceptual cognizance of your father.

Please tell me something wonderful about the general that I have not been told. Your example of going to Miner and see how people are showing love for him is stupid and unintelligent.

IF you spread a crumb of bread on the floor the roaches will come out trying to eat.

We all know IBB is a generous giver, and it's easy to give money away like a drug dealer when you haven't earned or worked hard for it. DUDE go and watch the KING OF NEW YORK, lol grin grin grin

happy New year in advance my boy, I'm off to Vegas
Re: Why Do Many Presidents dislike Their Vps? by BigB11(m): 5:05pm On Dec 20, 2007
Happy new year, BARIKA DE SALAH to you and enjoy yourself.
I will be in Vegas in Feb 2008, I hope to catch you there and beat some sense into your round head.

You should checkout Monte Carlo, it's a very cool place and do not come back without checking out Prince at the RIO Adewale Ayuba will be a better choice for you,

Enjoy, Fat head!
Re: Why Do Many Presidents dislike Their Vps? by BigB11(m): 5:09pm On Dec 20, 2007
Back to the topic:

I think it is all about president exhibiting inferiority complex. If you're a smart president, there is nothing better than having an extremely intelligent VP; it makes your job a lot easier.
Re: Why Do Many Presidents dislike Their Vps? by Mamajama(m): 5:13pm On Dec 20, 2007
DUDE with all the money your Father stole you staying in a 3 star hotel, dude it's WYNN or nothing for me and my crew.

RIO is below my standard. peace
Re: Why Do Many Presidents dislike Their Vps? by BigB11(m): 5:25pm On Dec 20, 2007
MAMAJAMA:

I'm sorry to inform you that I can not afford 7 stars hotel.
It's not always about money; it's about chemistry and my ways of life. You don't have to be always loud; I prefer a very low key life style. You live longer that way.
Re: Why Do Many Presidents dislike Their Vps? by BigB11(m): 5:31pm On Dec 20, 2007
But I must confess that you're a true son of[b] EHINDERO[/b], it is all about money; just show me some money and I will dance till the moon starts glowing.
It is also easy for one to tell from your aggressive disposition, that you folks were very poor before[b] EHINDERO [/b] got the mega opportunity to steal from Nigeria.

I hope the money is enough for all of you.

Enjoy!
Re: Why Do Many Presidents dislike Their Vps? by BigB11(m): 5:42pm On Dec 20, 2007
Back to the topic:

I think it is all about president exhibiting inferiority complex. If you're a smart president, there is nothing better than having an extremely intelligent VP; it makes your job a lot easier.
Re: Why Do Many Presidents dislike Their Vps? by arikibe: 5:50pm On Dec 20, 2007
dear nairanlanders,
pls do anybody have an information about shell text format. i neeed it so urgent at any cost.
pls help me out.
Re: Why Do Many Presidents dislike Their Vps? by Mamajama(m): 5:50pm On Dec 20, 2007
i must confess.  BABANGIDA Has deposited a huge amount of money in my personal account on the premise that I will discern from publishing bad reports and image of the toothless general.

To all my nairalanders.  Happy new year and from now on.  I will never speak bad about our beloved toothless general.

There are work that we have to do to make sure the general return to ASO ROCK

grin  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin cheesy cheesy cheesy

New year new attitude,  Don't fool your ass BIGGY, I will never sell out to your father, some of us just have class and standard.

ABOKI please upgrade your standard we all know you can afford it.  BaBANGIDA well of loot will never run dry
Re: Why Do Many Presidents dislike Their Vps? by Mamajama(m): 5:51pm On Dec 20, 2007
arikibe are you talking of shell scripting or shell gas station? grin grin grin

BIGB1 has no clue lol

(1) (Reply)

Should Tribe (ethnicity) Matter In 2008? / Only 20% Of UME Candidates Will Gain Admission - NUC / 14 Years For Yaradua In Aso Rock; Worst Than Obj's 3rd Term.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.