Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,076 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:35 AM

The Idea That Men Are More Concerned With Physical Appearance - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Idea That Men Are More Concerned With Physical Appearance (1419 Views)

Reasons Why Many Young Men Are Unmarried And Lonely / Be More Concerned About Being The Mr/mrs Right, / Three Of 10 Men Are Not Fathers Of Their ‘kids’, Says DNA Expert (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Idea That Men Are More Concerned With Physical Appearance by CHoccolaTE: 11:01am On Aug 11, 2012
As a female who enjoys art and hence also enjoys the shallow delight of seeing an attractive male, this whole concept has been antithecal to my personal experiences.
I see people saying over and over that men value physical appearance to a very large extent while women are more swayed by what they hear. I did take a neuroscience class wherein we reviewed the differences in male and female brains and I found that men can be generally better at handling spatial problems, however there was not a single citation regarding men being innately more visual in regard to aesthetics, than women.
So I wanted to get the opinion of women and knowledgeable men on the issue. Are men actually more interested in beauty than women or do we think they are simply because we have been conditioned by society to have this belief?
Any scientific researches or findings regarding the issue would be highly appreciated.
Re: The Idea That Men Are More Concerned With Physical Appearance by Nobody: 10:11am On Aug 13, 2012
I will take the issue of physical appearance as a whole, not only beauty:
I think the issue is quite simple........ men primary attraction towards women is beauty + body structure (tittays and bootay, curves etc), while for women it is merely beauty. I will even be bold to say that many men regard body structure as the #1 reason to approach a stranger.
so we can clearly understand that the majority of men are different when it comes to first attraction.

Also, the majority of men can get turned on simply by looking at a sexy n[b]a[/b]ked woman (sometimes she doesnt even have to be n[b]a[/b]ked), while most women need more than just the look of a n[b]a[/b]ked man to get turmed on. that should also tell you that our brains are wired differently when it comes to arousal.

so we can conclude that although a man and a woman would appreciate a great looking person, their brain (and body) would react differently.
written by prof. MBJ
Re: The Idea That Men Are More Concerned With Physical Appearance by Nobody: 10:17am On Aug 13, 2012
[CHocolaTE:
]As a female who enjoys art and hence also enjoys the shallow delight of seeing an attractive male, this whole concept has been antithecal to my personal experiences.
I see people saying over and over that men value physical appearance to a very large extent while women are more swayed by what they hear. I did take a neuroscience class wherein we reviewed the differences in male and female brains and I found that men can be generally better at handling spatial problems, however there was not a single citation regarding men being innately more visual in regard to aesthetics, than women.
So I wanted to get the opinion of women and knowledgeable men on the issue. Are men actually more interested in beauty than women or do we think they are simply because we have been conditioned by society to have this belief?
Any scientific researches or findings regarding the issue would be highly appreciated.

No need to quote arbitrary research figures. Let's just be realistic about the whole thing.

If you were a man sitting in a club and along comes two ladies . . . . One smashing hot and the other very much like Fiona (Mrs. Shrek) . . . Which of these two will you be more inclined to ask for a dance undecided

(1) (Reply)

Divorcedrama: “I Carried Ritual Sacrifice To Heal My Wife, Now She’s Sleeping Wi / REVEALED: 8 Immediate Effect Fast Foods Have On Children / My 'friend' Sold My Property, Refuses To Pay Up

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.